PDA

View Full Version : DK2 Anniversary

impboy4
February 28th, 2019, 00:30
Here it is, the Anniversary Campaign V1.0! Enjoy

Be sure to backup the original campaign before playing this!

Update: I made a boo boo on level 19. Horny can't claim gem. It is fixed now.

Update 2: Overlooked 2 more flaws in the last two levels. They've been fixed as well.

Update 3: This is URGENT. I have to take the link down until further notice till level 4 is either found or remade. I saved over it by accident when I was making level 20 so yeah. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update 4: Crisis averted, level 4 is restored!

Update 5: The level 4 that was restored was a buggy version. I had to fix it so re-download so you got a working level 4.

Update 6: Secret 1's hero invasion scripts had the wrong triggers.

https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=136

Woudo
February 28th, 2019, 09:09
Add me on snapchat and send pics.

Of the maps, that is.

It's nice to see map layouts. Some can be really interesting and worth emulating in other games.

Endrix
February 28th, 2019, 14:46
A kind of new game plus?

Do you add the maiden of nest? With introduction from temple in level 17. Or 2 neutrals in level 16 before. That's how I do it.

I also thought about having each of the elite versions happen once in the campaign. Except goblin and firefly twice.

Level 20 with real Zachariah and Furnace in the south would great I think.

impboy4
February 28th, 2019, 20:13
Add me on snapchat and send pics.

Of the maps, that is.

It's nice to see map layouts. Some can be really interesting and worth emulating in other games.

I do not have snapchat or any social media. I also don't want to spoil people; so you're gonna have to play them or open them in the editor to see them yourself.

A kind of new game plus?

Do you add the maiden of nest? With introduction from temple in level 17. Or 2 neutrals in level 16 before. That's how I do it.

I also thought about having each of the elite versions happen once in the campaign. Except goblin and firefly twice.

Level 20 with real Zachariah and Furnace in the south would great I think.

This isn't an edit; it's all completely new. All maps are made with the 1.3 version of DK2 so no 1.7 stuff. The elite creatures are there in the level they are introduced except the goblin (crashes the game if you hover your cursor over him).

damedog
March 14th, 2019, 21:29
Will certainly check this out when I have a chance. I like the idea of adding new Keepers in, I always enjoy maps with multiple opponents more.

shpoiler
April 9th, 2019, 02:56
So, does this work on 1.7 at all? Will check it out this week. Just started playing again. Excited to see this.

impboy4
April 9th, 2019, 13:51
Yes, it works on all versions, but the best experience is 1.3-1.5 because of the Keeper AI being better at attacking/defending in those versions.

shpoiler
April 12th, 2019, 08:49
Yes, it works on all versions, but the best experience is 1.3-1.5 because of the Keeper AI being better at attacking/defending in those versions.

Ah see I wondered that. I honestly thought I was just immense at the game still after all these years. Must get the previous version too!

Metal Gear Rex
April 12th, 2019, 13:19
Ah see I wondered that. I honestly thought I was just immense at the game still after all these years. Must get the previous version too!

Don't jump to any conclusions, the actual AI is still pretty stupid.

YourMaster
April 12th, 2019, 16:30
Aren't we all?

impboy4
April 14th, 2019, 02:58
Yes, all versions of the AI are stupid, but you'd want to pick the least stupid to get the better challenge.

Kotiranta
April 14th, 2019, 07:49

How could AI become worse with the latest patch? :confused:

YourMaster
April 14th, 2019, 07:52
With the popularity of the beetle in DK1, they decided to add bugs with each patch in DK2.

Serious answer, click here (https://keeperklan.com/threads/2957-Have-GOG-DKII-which-patches-would-work-best?p=42014&viewfull=1#post42014) to learn more.

Kotiranta
April 14th, 2019, 08:05
With the popularity of the beetle in DK1, they decided to add bugs with each patch in DK2.

I actually do miss those guys in DK2 : D

Thank you for the link, that was really interesting to read. Glad I've found this forum.

shpoiler
April 17th, 2019, 05:01
Really liking what youve done with this patch, adds a different twist to everything. On level 10 I think, green does not attack nor can you attack green. Its the level where youve to cross the water with the heroes spread out in the middle and elven archers everywhere with blue on the otherside of the water. Was ready to walk through him then couldnt lol.

impboy4
April 18th, 2019, 00:21
Really liking what youve done with this patch, adds a different twist to everything. On level 10 I think, green does not attack nor can you attack green. Its the level where youve to cross the water with the heroes spread out in the middle and elven archers everywhere with blue on the otherside of the water. Was ready to walk through him then couldnt lol.

Green is your ally on level 10; there's a sub-plot in the secret levels where you recruit keepers for your own alliance against Nemesis and the king; provided you can beat your recruits.

shpoiler
April 18th, 2019, 00:25
Green is your ally on level 10; there's a sub-plot in the secret levels where you recruit keepers for your own alliance against Nemesis and the king; provided you can beat your recruits.

Ah okay that makes sense. Will definitely be playing some more of it this weekend!

Again, really appreciate what youve done. :cool:

impboy4
May 30th, 2019, 04:38
Campaign is finished, look at the OP for the download.

Skarok
May 31st, 2019, 14:40
Will be checking this out later, keep up the good work champ.

Don't jump to any conclusions, the actual AI is still pretty stupid.

Rude.

Quuz
February 29th, 2020, 19:41
This campaign is very similar to the original. The difficulty is not much higher. This is a complete redesign of all original maps with the same triggers.
Ideal for those who once again decided to re-run the campaign.
Thx for this game expirience impboy4.