PDA

View Full Version : DK2 map by paku901

paku901
June 16th, 2019, 11:44
Hey guys,

just wanted to share my map i created.

It's based on the campaign level 20, just more stuff and so on.

Enjoy :xd

difficulty: easy

game can only be started with parameters to executable.
so the extracted files must be placed in Data/editor/maps

to run the map:

create a shortcut which looks like this (replace the path to your dk2 exe)
"F:\01-Spiele\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII-DX.exe" -LEVEL SM_LEVEL_1

[UPDATE]
I worked on the map to make it more difficult, clean up some emptyness, etc.
Also new Hero Parties, etc joined the good player.
Also I think it has better design than the previous one.
new map can be downloaded here:

This is the old map:

Crafty
January 12th, 2021, 19:19
Decent first map, some of the map is very empty, but the rest has a nice design. The difficulty is easy as stated, a difficulty curve for hero parties would help with scaling into the late game :)
Other than that, fun map.

paku901
January 16th, 2021, 12:01
Decent first map, some of the map is very empty, but the rest has a nice design. The difficulty is easy as stated, a difficulty curve for hero parties would help with scaling into the late game :)
Other than that, fun map.

thx bro :), i am currently redesigning it, to make it more difficult (remove spells, add spell delay, stronger hero parties, clean up the emptyness, etc)

Crafty
January 16th, 2021, 16:25
thx bro :), i am currently redesigning it, to make it more difficult (remove spells, add spell delay, stronger hero parties, clean up the emptyness, etc)

I look forward to playing the updated version :)

Quuz
January 25th, 2021, 22:27
This version of the map is much better than the previous one. I liked it. More complex and better design. The level looks coherent. I beat it without the portal, as vampires are a headstronger than almost any creature, and some challenge.
The only thing is you forgot to remove the special revealed map and you need to add a king gem so you can stay in the level after winning if you want to.

paku901
January 26th, 2021, 16:20
This version of the map is much better than the previous one. I liked it. More complex and better design. The level looks coherent. I beat it without the portal, as vampires are a headstronger than almost any creature, and some challenge.
The only thing is you forgot to remove the special revealed map and you need to add a king gem so you can stay in the level after winning if you want to.

Thank you for the feedback :=). I removed the special revealed map, probably will add a king gem also when i work on the map again :)

I also play that map with vampires only. I love em. As soon as they are lvl 8 i just drop em and finish the good creatures on range :) so much fun hehe

Crafty
January 27th, 2021, 01:55
Glad to see you've already made improvements! I'll have to play it again soon and stream it :D

paku901
January 28th, 2021, 15:53
Glad to see you've already made improvements! I'll have to play it again soon and stream it :D

already followed u on twitch :D