PDA

View Full Version : Castle Kandro

dayokay
June 14th, 2020, 12:24
A few years back I modified this level, as it crashed repeatedly in KeeperFX. Believed to be due to the pathfinding issue, as the map is effectively a giant maze. I pretty much butchered it, in truth, which was a shame.

I tried it last week in its original format. I didn't simplify the maze at all, and it didn't crash, though some imps seemed to take some strange paths, but nothing serious. I kept the script file from the current KFX build, and replaced everything else.

I noticed some strange behaviour in the centre next to the hero heart. Imps seemed to believe they couldn't claim earth where they had just dug. It's possible that this was intentionally built into the original, but I inadvertently 'repaired' it with my editing?

Anyone have recollections of this?

Anyway, I was going to propose reinstating the original map now, given that it works OK? Or should I do a few more tests to be sure it's reliable?

dayo

YourMaster
June 14th, 2020, 15:12
Post the map as it should be. I increased the pathfinding limit due to a figure that I thought it would never hit. This map is a real maze, so it could go over it and still have pathfinding issues. If so, I can increase the limit further.

dayokay
June 14th, 2020, 15:23
OK - how / where do I upload to?

YourMaster
June 14th, 2020, 15:30
I'm flexible, you can use the keeperklan attachment system (click go advanced while you post) or any filehosting place like mega or mediafire.

dayokay
June 14th, 2020, 20:28
I hope this works?

YourMaster
June 15th, 2020, 01:31
Yes, got it. When did you get your pathfinding troubles?

I just beat the level real quick, did not experience any issues myself, but notice pathfinding is still an issue for this map yes. Although the game does not crash anymore on these things, so that's great. Is the attachment the original map, and you say it should replace the map that's currently in keeperfx?

dayokay
June 20th, 2020, 11:59
The original pathfinding problem was many years ago. I just remembered that I changed the map so it wouldn't crash, at Mefisto's suggestion. Like you, I did see some minor 'wandering', but nothing serious.

So yes, the attachment should replace what's currently in keeperFX to restore the original.

dayo

dayokay
June 20th, 2020, 13:46
Did you see any strange imp behaviour near the hero heart?

dayokay
June 20th, 2020, 15:37
I've played it again, and realised it is simply the pathfinding issue. Imps can't find their way back out of the maze. Still playable though, and the restored version is better.

YourMaster
June 20th, 2020, 17:25
For me there was no strange imp behavior no, and no triangle related errors in the log.

dayokay
June 21st, 2020, 21:49
I played the next level, Dun Ringill. It played OK. You need to turtle. From memory, yellow used to 'starve' and his creatures left, but he keeps it going now, presumably through his workshop? Impressive AI improvement.

dkdandk
July 1st, 2020, 22:06
omg..