PDA

View Full Version : [v1.7] Can't get level select working?

silent solace
November 19th, 2021, 09:25
Having completed the campaign I wanted to try some of the optional levels, specifically level 11 where you had the 4 keepers as I did the easiest level and now want to try the hardest.

I can't seem to get the level select working though. I created a shortcut and in the target box have: "C:\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII-DX.exe" -level11c

But after starting the game it doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something here?

0etelaer
November 19th, 2021, 11:01
Having completed the campaign I wanted to try some of the optional levels, specifically level 11 where you had the 4 keepers as I did the easiest level and now want to try the hardest.

I can't seem to get the level select working though. I created a shortcut and in the target box have: "C:\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII-DX.exe" -level11c

But after starting the game it doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something here?

The easiest way to play custom levels in the Gog version, in my opinion, is to edit the DDISK1.LIF file in the levels directory. You can than play the map in Deeper Dungeons.
You can open that file with notepad, or any text editor, and ad the map name. For your map name there, it would be 11, Hearth.

So you have:

80, Morkardar
81, Korros Tor
82, Kari-Mar
83, Belbata
84, Caddis Fell
85, Pladitz
86, Abbadon
87, Svatona
88, Kanasko
91, Netzcaro
93, Batezek
94, Benetzaron
95, Daka-Gorn
97, Dixaroc
92, Belial
Change that into

11, Hearth
80, Morkardar
81, Korros Tor
82, Kari-Mar
83, Belbata
84, Caddis Fell
85, Pladitz
86, Abbadon
87, Svatona
88, Kanasko
91, Netzcaro
93, Batezek
94, Benetzaron
95, Daka-Gorn
97, Dixaroc
92, Belial
Than run Deeper Dungeons and play your map.

silent solace
November 19th, 2021, 11:34
Deeper Dungeons is Dungeon Keeper 1? I don't have that.

0etelaer
November 20th, 2021, 00:03
Yes. Deeper Dungeon was an extension pack, and is also on de Dungeon Keeper Gold CD.

If you have the same Gog version as I have, you press 2 instead of one, after double clicking Dungeon Keeper Gold on de Gog dosbox version, and you enter the Deeper Dungeons area.
It says so in the first screen you get, press 2 for Deeper Dungeons, press 5 to exit, and so forth. Dungeon Keeper is pressing a 1.

In fact, half of the maps you see in the multi-player menu, are from the Deeper Dungeons CD.

There are two files in the levels directory, LEVELS.TXT and DD1Lev.txt, that contain he script to place the flags on the screen for these maps.
You can put extra maps in that screen also, by editing one of those two files.
LEVELS.TXT Are the multi-player maps from Dungeon Keeper, DD1Lev.txt are the flags for the maps from Deeper Dungeons.

YourMaster
November 20th, 2021, 00:55
He does not want to know how to play more DK1 maps, he wants to get DK2 maps running in DK2.

0etelaer
November 20th, 2021, 01:11
He does not want to know how to play more DK1 maps, he wants to get DK2 maps running in DK2.

:rolleyes: Sorry wrong place.

Metal Gear Rex
November 21st, 2021, 15:51
I don't have GOG so I don't know if this is different

But it looks like you have the command line wrong

It should be:

"C:\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII-DX.exe" -q -level "level11c"

Missin g the -q -level and quotes around the map name.

silent solace
November 21st, 2021, 20:08
That worked thank you!