PDA

View Full Version : 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Pages : [1] 2

Whynotsian
November 20th, 2021, 14:12
Hi how do I upload all, that is if you want them. They are Zip.

Crafty
November 20th, 2021, 20:40
What I personally do for uploading DK2 maps is upload them on Mediafire then provide a direct link download on a forum post for users to download.

Whynotsian
November 20th, 2021, 21:00
What I personally for uploading DK2 maps is upload them on Mediafire then provide a direct link download on a forum post for users to download.

Thanks Crafty.. Here they are, have fun. https://www.mediafire.com/file/l2kwx64luxydapp/Whynots+121+SinglePlayer+Maps.zip/file

All 121 maps

Crafty
November 20th, 2021, 23:35
Thanks Crafty.. Here they are, have fun. https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ra1kjkhmkljjiz/88_SinglePlayerMaps.zip/file

happy to help, look forward to trying out your large collection, eventually!

Quuz
November 24th, 2021, 18:42
Omg :) Whynots! Amazing! I've been looking for your other maps for a very long time without success after "del Diablo Mythologica_2.0" - great inspirational map.
Thanks for the work done ) Will definitely check out the whole map archive. Very interesting.

Why am I so surprised?
-Whynots created maps 15 years ago!
-Each of his readme is a poem
-A trailblazer in quality map making.
-Became a small idol of the mapmakers of the past in Russia.

Whynotsian
November 26th, 2021, 10:12
Thank you Quuz :cool:

Rox
June 23rd, 2022, 13:34
Whynotsian, you are my hero! :)

The maps you created are great. Just awesome. My favorites so far:

Whynots El Gaz and Fire
Whynots Itsy Bitsy Spider
Whynots KingDoom -> the last map I've played.

56 maps are still in front of me. But even though I am far from finished with all of them, I can already say that you should be given a trophy or a medal for your great work. :o

Unfortunately, I have a "small" problem with "KingDoom". I can't build anything anymore. And also nothing more delete, because then the game crashes. Probably the map is too big or too extensive. Or I have simply already built too much.

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Whynotsian
June 23rd, 2022, 15:49
Whynotsian, you are my hero! :)

The maps you created are great. Just awesome. My favorites so far:

Whynots El Gaz and Fire
Whynots Itsy Bitsy Spider
Whynots KingDoom -> the last map I've played.

56 maps are still in front of me. But even though I am far from finished with all of them, I can already say that you should be given a trophy or a medal for your great work. :o

Unfortunately, I have a "small" problem with "KingDoom". I can't build anything anymore. And also nothing more delete, because then the game crashes. Probably the map is too big or too extensive. Or I have simply already built too much.

Thank you Rox, but I couldn’t :o

Thanks I know. My favorites:
MysteryTour (but be careful with too many things (money) lying around tho.
Hellsingland (especially at the start), Overlords, LordOfTheGems (made as Lord of the rings),
Candelabra and Brushfield Spots are kind of special to me, and Mythologica (del Diablo) should
be played last, as the grand finale of maps

Yes, that map is a little bit of a sh!t, to many things,
it went along with the others, oh thanks but you shouldn’t

Don’t play it, I know I wouldn’t

Yes (delete it) :cool:

Rox
June 23rd, 2022, 22:24
Just finished and found to be good: Whynots Knights Of The Night

Yes, that map is a little bit of a sh!t, to many things,
it went along with the others, oh thanks but you shouldn’t
A little redesign and then it fits. :D

And that's your trophy. :o

Metal Gear Rex
June 26th, 2022, 01:37

This is the room limit problem. 100 rooms max per player. Rooms get counted as 1 room even if they're 1 tile or 100x100. Once you reach the limit, cannot build anymore.

Selling rooms causes a crash because in the process of selling, sometimes the game divides the room and thus causes it to be counted as multiple rooms temporarily, thus breeching the limit and crashing. You'll have to sell rooms carefully, doing horizontal or vertical rows for example in such a way that doesn't divide the room. There may also be 1 tile bridges or generally short bridges or something.

It is possible to exceed the limit by capturing rooms, but if you save and load that save, it'll crash upon loading.

Not a great problem to have of course, sometimes attempting to design around this as a mapmaker is a pain.

Rox
June 28th, 2022, 22:28
You'll have to sell rooms carefully, doing horizontal or vertical rows for example in such a way that doesn't divide the room. There may also be 1 tile bridges or generally short bridges or something.
I did it like you said and it worked. Thanks so much for the tip. Now the king is defeated. :D

I have been playing Dungeon Keeper 2 for more than 20 years, but I didn't know about this limit. You obviously never stop learning.

Rox
June 29th, 2022, 16:17
My favorites:
MysteryTour (but be careful with too many things (money) lying around tho.
Hellsingland (especially at the start), Overlords, LordOfTheGems (made as Lord of the rings),
Candelabra and Brushfield Spots are kind of special to me, and Mythologica (del Diablo) should
be played last, as the grand finale of maps
LordOfTheGems is super, but how can I defeat the Level-10-Horny at the end?:confused:

Whynotsian
June 29th, 2022, 18:35
LordOfTheGems is super, but how can I defeat the Level-10-Horny at the end?:confused:

Thanks..

It’s the King Thing, try to claim the tiles (and the Temple) around and inside the Saruman’s (Warlock) tower, without killing Saruman.
The Balrog (Horny) get health from walking his own land. Then kill him with your “King” by giving as much health as you can.

(The Balrog didn’t die the first time, he
comes back just to show you how much he hates you for not
letting him play with you, only getting that damn Gem every match, year in and year out.) ;)

Whynotsian
July 18th, 2022, 09:51
Here's a new map, "Wishing Well",
and a re-carpeted map, "KingDoom"
And remember to save, often.
/Whynot

This file is no more. It has ceased to be!, It's expired and gone to meet its maker!
…and is now included in the downloadable 121 maps zip-file /Whynot

pblbe
July 20th, 2022, 08:01
thanks

Rox
July 25th, 2022, 17:59
/Whynot

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eo4kvc6yhbtxlob/DK2+Maps+One+New+One+Renewed.zip/file

I will try your new map after solving the 88 maps.

But please tell me one thing: How the hell can you call Horny in ""Whynots_Boss"?

The problem is, or was, that I couldn't cross the lava at the end of the map. Therefore I fought like a madman on the last three squares, sacrificed about 3 billion Imps and shot with all figures at the Lord of the Land. This took about an hour. But I won; the screenshot proves it. :D

But still, how do you call Horny? :D:p:o;)

PS: The wizard army was then no longer a problem, as the sustained fire meant I ended up with a Dark Angel at level 10. :D

Whynotsian
July 25th, 2022, 19:20
I will try your new map after solving the 88 maps.

But please tell me one thing: How the hell can you call Horny in ""Whynots_Boss"?

The problem is, or was, that I couldn't cross the lava at the end of the map. Therefore I fought like a madman on the last three squares, sacrificed about 3 billion Imps and shot with all figures at the Lord of the Land. This took about an hour. But I won; the screenshot proves it. :D

But still, how do you call Horny? :D:p:o;)

PS: The wizard army was then no longer a problem, as the sustained fire meant I ended up with a Dark Angel at level 10. :D

Still going, good..:cool:

You can't have Horny, that would have been to easy

There's no problem, you can't cross the lava and you are not supposed to. But if you paid attention; you "get" a "mana vault" (it's yours) in the middle of the water at the Lords side,
there you can drop creatures, all but the wampires (as they doesn't cross water) and with the wampies it would also have been to easy. But you made it, I'm very suprised and (imp)ressed. :eek::confused:

My mobile doesn't have his number ;)

I didn't think that it was possible at all to win that way you did it. (And I will not test it this way :confused: ;)

Rox
July 25th, 2022, 20:02
You can't have Horny, that would have been to easy
It isn't possible? Then you should should change the text, because this is the alleged main goal of the game.

I play the german version. It means: Summon Horny and kill Knight Tiberius (aka Lord of the Land Michael).

But you made it, I'm very suprised and (imp)ressed. :eek::confused:
I have 13 saves of the end fight. :D :D

I didn't think that it was possible at all to win that way you did it. (And I will not test it this way :confused: ;)
To play DK2 means, that you HAVE to find a way to win. So I did. :D

Whynotsian
July 25th, 2022, 20:39
It isn't possible? Then you should should change the text, because this is the alleged main goal of the game.

I play the german version. It means: Summon Horny and kill Knight Tiberius (aka Lord of the Land Michael). :D

I use an original map in DK2 (Level 14 in this case) only for the purpose too use the mentors messege, I know that the "objektive" is there,
I can't change that, it's coded in the game itself, but I like to play around using these messeges.
My goal is not too make maps as the original ones, I make them as my original ones

My ReadMe files are the substitutes for the DK2 "objektive", sometimes they give a hint, sometimes you have to go figure it out and
sometimes there is no ReadMe because I think you're in no need of them you are good enough.

To play DK2 means, that you HAVE to find a way to win. So I did. ;):) Exactly so, I don't want to tell how to play my maps, it's up to the player to find a suitible solution to the problem.

Rox
August 14th, 2022, 15:53
/Whynot

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eo4kvc6yhbtxlob/DK2+Maps+One+New+One+Renewed.zip/file

"Wishing Well" is super, but a little bit to easy. :)

I tried to defeat the enemy keepers with a dark angel, which I succeeded in doing. However, I did not pay attention to the fact that there were other battles apart from this main one, in which I lost almost my entire army. :D

My army before marching to the king:

1x Dark Angel - Level 10 (There were a hell of a lot of fights he did on his own, hence level 10.)
1x Giant - Level 3
1x Wizard - Level 5
1x Dark Mistress - Level 7
2x Salamander - Level 5 + Level 6
4x Bile Demon - Level 1 + 2x Level 5 + 1x Level 6

I've rarely had a smaller army than this. But these few fighters (and a few lightning traps) forced the king to the ground. :D

Whynotsian
August 16th, 2022, 16:55
"Wishing Well" is super, but a little bit to easy. :)

I tried to defeat the enemy keepers with a dark angel, which I succeeded in doing. However, I did not pay attention to the fact that there were other battles apart from this main one, in which I lost almost my entire army. :D

My army before marching to the king:

1x Dark Angel - Level 10 (There were a hell of a lot of fights he did on his own, hence level 10.)
1x Giant - Level 3
1x Wizard - Level 5
1x Dark Mistress - Level 7
2x Salamander - Level 5 + Level 6
4x Bile Demon - Level 1 + 2x Level 5 + 1x Level 6

I've rarely had a smaller army than this. But these few fighters (and a few lightning traps) forced the king to the ground. :D

Aahhh, easy you say :mad: ;)

Very well fought, but you got backstabbed I see :cool:

What's this, you done it and that without using the combat pit, bravo :rolleyes:

Now I give you another small army, but if you say it's to easy this time aswell
then I gonna slap you with the hand of Midas... :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yyheira7jdkw4p3/Whynots+Hand+Of+Midas.zip/file
This file is no more. It has ceased to be!, It's expired and gone to meet its maker!

Rox
August 21st, 2022, 13:52
Now I give you another small army, but if you say it's to easy this time aswell
then I gonna slap you with the hand of Midas... :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yyheira7jdkw4p3/Whynots+Hand+Of+Midas.zip/file
Another very good map. No, it was not easy. But what can I say: the king is dead.

A few fighters fell on the battlefield, but many survived to celebrate the victory. The fact is: The more fighters die, the more beer is left for the rest. :p

I hope that you NEVER stop creating DKII maps. Where is the next? :D

Whynotsian
August 23rd, 2022, 16:57
I hope that you NEVER stop creating DKII maps. Where is the next? :D

Thanks. :)

Hope (Beer) is all there's left, when never comes next...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dp9oggifpr7t69l/Whynots+The+Crusaders.zip/file

Rox
August 29th, 2022, 18:59
Thanks. :)

Hope (Beer) is all there's left, when never comes next...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dp9oggifpr7t69l/Whynots+The+Crusaders.zip/file

Another good map, but the Lord of the land has gone to his ancestors.

You wouldn't happen to have another 88 cards up your sleeve? :)

Whynotsian
August 29th, 2022, 19:58
Updated with a reworked map of Queen Of Pain...

Another good map, but the Lord of the land has gone to his ancestors.

You wouldn't happen to have another 88 cards up your sleeve? :)

Thank you, It feels Good to be triumphant :)
No, you know that you can play a map more then once, twice if you only tries ;)
but I got...

This new map have I testplayed as I always do before I'm letting them go
and I use the "Reveal Map" special so I can see what the enemies is up to,
when I feel that the map is ok I test it without "Reveal"
now the enemies don't know where to go or tunneling, so I thought about
giving them there own "Reveal Maps", especially the Good white ones,
hilarious
I think they need all the help they can get, (then I kill them, the lot)

To make a map balanced which is, as I see it, one of the most important
work, if not the most important, to make a map fun to play, all considering
those bugs

It's hard to be a mapmaker, so I must rest for a while now (run out of ideas) ;)
/Whynot

Rox
September 2nd, 2022, 20:05
To make a map balanced which is, as I see it, one of the most important
work, if not the most important, to make a map fun to play, all considering those bugs
/Whynot

I agree!

But I have to "criticize" one thing: The game is too easy. After several waves of warriors of the good guys are defeated, you can easily overcome the other keepers.

Ok, I don't want to understate, because the fight is not soooo easy then. But at the latest after defeating the green keeper I was too strong or the other one too weak. The blue keeper has not the spark of a chance and was defeated in a hurry.

This criticism should now but please not be understood negatively, but should help to improve the whole.

Besides, it is only my personal opinion. I am anything but a beginner when it comes to DKII. "Normal" players will probably find "Queen of pain" harder. :)

It's hard to be a mapmaker, so I must rest for a while now (run out of ideas) ;)
/Whynot
I hope you will not rest longer than two days. :)

What I would be interested in: How do you approach a new map? Do you start the editor and just get started? Do you draw sketches of what the dungeon should look like beforehand? Or completely different? :)

Whynotsian
September 3rd, 2022, 14:05
This is a amusements park map…

Mileni84
September 6th, 2022, 10:51
Thanks Crafty.. Here they are, have fun. https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ra1kjkhmkljjiz/88_SinglePlayerMaps.zip/file

Hi there, really cool maps as far as I could play. Unfortunately I can see only 7 maps in skirmish mode. Anyone else have this issue?

Whynotsian
September 6th, 2022, 14:56
Hi there, really cool maps as far as I could play. Unfortunately I can see only 7 maps in skirmish mode. Anyone else have this issue?

You have shortcuts that I've made, you can use them
but first you must right click them and choose "Properties"
and in the "Target" box where you see.. (example)

"E:\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII.exe" -q -level "Whynots Alien"

change the path "E:\Dungeon Keeper 2\ " -to were you have DK2 installed
but leave... \DKII.exe" -q -level "Whynots Alien"

also in the "Start in:" box "E:\Dungeon Keeper 2" ...do the same

Then you start with this shortcut and when you have a "save" in the game
and want continue to play another time
then you start with the original DK2.exe (or your original shortcut)
and load your save

-
This might help if you have a nVIDIA card installed
to make DK2 crash less on W10.

1. Right click on your desktop, choose NVIDIA Control Panel
2. Choose, Adjust desktop color settings (to the left)
3. Choose, Other applications control color settings > Apply
4. Choose, Manage 3D settings (to the left)
5. Choose, the tab > Program Settings
6. (1. Select a program to customize:) search for dkii.exe (If you don’t see it already)
7. Go to Texture filtering – Trilinear optimization > make it Off.
(and save often)

(And don't forget to read my ReadMe files (if there is one) for each map before playing them
it may help :)

/Whynot

Rox
September 6th, 2022, 21:00
This is a amusements park map…

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sa585ykzlcwneug/Whynots+The+Riddle.zip/file

/Whynot have fun ;)

A nice idea, , but now I'm stuck. :(

Mileni84
September 7th, 2022, 08:49
You have shortcuts that I've made, you can use them
but first you must right click them and choose "Properties"
and in the "Target" box where you see.. (example)

"E:\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII.exe" -q -level "Whynots Alien"

change the path "E:\Dungeon Keeper 2\ " -to were you have DK2 installed
but leave... \DKII.exe" -q -level "Whynots Alien"

also in the "Start in:" box "E:\Dungeon Keeper 2" ...do the same

Then you start with this shortcut and when you have a "save" in the game
and want continue to play another time
then you start with the original DK2.exe (or your original shortcut)
and load your save

-
This might help if you have a nVIDIA card installed
to make DK2 crash less on W10.

1. Right click on your desktop, choose NVIDIA Control Panel
2. Choose, Adjust desktop color settings (to the left)
3. Choose, Other applications control color settings > Apply
4. Choose, Manage 3D settings (to the left)
5. Choose, the tab > Program Settings
6. (1. Select a program to customize:) search for dkii.exe (If you don’t see it already)
7. Go to Texture filtering – Trilinear optimization > make it Off.
(and save often)

(And don't forget to read my ReadMe files (if there is one) for each map before playing them
it may help :)

/Whynot

Thanks Whynot,

i did so. I changed the shortcut of Abbey Road accordingly and DK started. But in the skirmish's maps list there are following maps available. No Abbey Road. Fun fact is that I didn't mdify the shortcuts of the shown maps, but they are listed.

Is it the right way just to copy/paste your map data to the according game data folders?

Metal Gear Rex
September 7th, 2022, 12:53
i did so. I changed the shortcut of Abbey Road accordingly and DK started. But in the skirmish's maps list there are following maps available. No Abbey Road. Fun fact is that I didn't mdify the shortcuts of the shown maps, but they are listed.

You're supposed to launch the newly made shortcut, not the original DK2 exe. The point is to access the levels via level select, and this is how you do it. It's essentially launching the game with extra commands. You launch the shortcut and it brings you right into the level. Additional note but, playing maps via Skirmish menu will overwrite any custom configurations made to enemy Keeper AI, replacing them with the settings of the AI Type from the Skirmish mode.

This is unfortunately the only way to play custom made single player maps. There's no streamlined method currently, no sort of launcher for example as no one's made anything like that.

I personally have only one shortcut just called Level Select and I change the target location to whatever map I'm going to play before I play it, keeps things kind of organized and simple. Whynot is suggesting making a bunch of premade shortcuts so you don't have to bother changing them after they're made.

Mileni84
September 7th, 2022, 13:07
You're supposed to launch the newly made shortcut, not the original DK2 exe. The point is to access the levels via level select, and this is how you do it. It's essentially launching the game with extra commands. You launch the shortcut and it brings you right into the level. Additional note but, playing maps via Skirmish menu will overwrite any custom configurations made to enemy Keeper AI, replacing them with the settings of the AI Type from the Skirmish mode.

This is unfortunately the only way to play custom made single player maps. There's no streamlined method currently, no sort of launcher for example as no one's made anything like that.

I personally have only one shortcut just called Level Select and I change the target location to whatever map I'm going to play before I play it, keeps things kind of organized and simple. Whynot is suggesting making a bunch of premade shortcuts so you don't have to bother changing them after they're made.

I do use the newly made short cut, after i insert the path into the target line like described in the read me. Neverthless it starts DK2 like when using the original DK2 exe, not in level select. Very strange.

Whynotsian
September 7th, 2022, 13:34

This was clearifying.. but if you play a custom made singelplayer map
and make a save because you want to play it later on, then you start with
a shortcut that point directly to DKII.exe (or with DKII.exe directly),
then you must choose "Singelplayer" mode and then start by choosing your save.

True..

I'm not suggesting making a bunch of premade shortcuts ;) as I already have made them
in the download file, I've made so you only have to change the path in each shortcut once,
this way you don't have to do this every time you will play another map as
Metal Gear Rex suggest and have to do it ;)

Whynotsian
September 7th, 2022, 13:38
A nice idea, , but now I'm stuck. :(

How or where are you stuck ?

Metal Gear Rex
September 7th, 2022, 17:36
I do use the newly made short cut, after i insert the path into the target line like described in the read me. Neverthless it starts DK2 like when using the original DK2 exe, not in level select. Very strange.

Can you screenshot the shortcut's properties and post it?

Whynotsian
September 8th, 2022, 14:39
Where’s the amusement park part 2… :p

Mileni84
September 9th, 2022, 10:25
Can you screenshot the shortcut's properties and post it?

here you are

Metal Gear Rex
September 12th, 2022, 18:08
here you are

Really odd, it *looks* good to go so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Normally, if you input the mapname wrong and try to play a map through level select, the game will start but then immediately close out during the initial loading as it cannot find the map. So there's no issue there then. Really not sure.

Whynotsian
September 14th, 2022, 13:33
About "Mad King", should have been included in the 88 maps file
but I missed this one (strange), so there was 87 maps ;)

And "The Riddle 3", completes the sequence

Bodsda
September 15th, 2022, 14:51
Just finished Abbey Road. Was good fun, no rest in this one. Posession was handy to fend off the first couple of waves. Would have been nice to see the Lvl10 Monk do something at the end of the level. Maybe if he was pitted against a Lvl10 Vampire in a 1v1, almost like an ending cinematic.

I found that the repeating Good Player parties would get stuck/bored/lost sometimes, especially if I killed the Dark Angel and would eventually just walk back to where they came from. You can use turncoat on them along their journey and basically ignore them.

Was a bit of a shock having the portal shut off at some point. I was over 30 creatures at one point but ended the level with about 6.

1/88 Done :)

Are these supposed to be played in any particular order?

Bodsda
September 15th, 2022, 15:07
Alien... someone was not feeling very fair when they made this map.

My first attempt I survived the first Goblin wave but the cheating bastards from the second wave looked like they were getting Keeper healed. So second attempt I stayed out of the Gem seam area so they would have no path to my dungeon. This created a Gold shortage but good management of warlocks to research the create gold spell was enough.

By the time I felt like assaulting the Hero portals I was up to around 20 creatures all lvl6+ and a fair few Lvl10 Knights and a Dark Angel and I'd been playing a while so was rushing. The traps in those rooms where not very nice. The Goblin of The Land party was trivial - block in a corridor and spam heal.

I guess these maps aren't going to give me much opportunity to build dungeons and are going to be more focussed on identifying the strategy to block the waves. Still, good fun and a nice step up in difficulty from the campaign.

2/88

Whynotsian
September 16th, 2022, 08:58
Just finished Abbey Road. Was good fun, no rest in this one. Posession was handy to fend off the first couple of waves. Would have been nice to see the Lvl10 Monk do something at the end of the level. Maybe if he was pitted against a Lvl10 Vampire in a 1v1, almost like an ending cinematic.

I found that the repeating Good Player parties would get stuck/bored/lost sometimes, especially if I killed the Dark Angel and would eventually just walk back to where they came from. You can use turncoat on them along their journey and basically ignore them.

Was a bit of a shock having the portal shut off at some point. I was over 30 creatures at one point but ended the level with about 6.

1/88 Done :)

Are these supposed to be played in any particular order?

Thanks, a level 10 Vampire, oh poor old Munk, I hear Swooosh

Yes I know about that, it's stupid

;)

No, but I think that "Mythologica" should be played last as in a grand final

Whynotsian
September 16th, 2022, 08:58
Alien... someone was not feeling very fair when they made this map.

My first attempt I survived the first Goblin wave but the cheating bastards from the second wave looked like they were getting Keeper healed. So second attempt I stayed out of the Gem seam area so they would have no path to my dungeon. This created a Gold shortage but good management of warlocks to research the create gold spell was enough.

By the time I felt like assaulting the Hero portals I was up to around 20 creatures all lvl6+ and a fair few Lvl10 Knights and a Dark Angel and I'd been playing a while so was rushing. The traps in those rooms where not very nice. The Goblin of The Land party was trivial - block in a corridor and spam heal.

I guess these maps aren't going to give me much opportunity to build dungeons and are going to be more focussed on identifying the strategy to block the waves. Still, good fun and a nice step up in difficulty from the campaign.

2/88

Ahh... feeling quite nice thank you ;)

Smart move..

I feel for The Goblin of The Land, how could you

Thank you, one of my goals was to make them all a bit different, strategy wise
I like to solve difficulties and problems, ended up creating them ;)

Bodsda
September 16th, 2022, 09:35
Amazonia (The Pleiades). This was a very slow map, not a criticism considering the pace of the last two. Other than playing carefully, it's a walk in the park. I didn't end up converting anything, just won through mistresses, skeletons and dwarves.

I didn't check the map out before playing so didn't know where the spells, specials and skeletons were. After getting Plein to level 4 her lightning knockdown was invaluable. I think I got off easy though with the LOTL party, everyone except the Lord went right, he went left so I was able to ambush him alone.

Great map design, very different from anything in the campaign.

3/88

Metal Gear Rex
September 17th, 2022, 02:25

Yes I know about that, it's stupid

I'm not sure if this is the same issue but this is pretty good info nevertheless. I've recently learned a couple of odd behaviors with Hero Parties.

Followers in a Hero Party can't really go through doors, they'll attempt to choose a route that involves bypassing any doors. This can lead to them separating from the Leader, or if they cannot find a route, they'll sit at their spawning point.

"Die Instantly" attribute is kind of buggy, in some conditions it'll cause creatures to stay in "Engaging in Battle" state after killing the creatures. It can also cause the Hero Party to fail to create a new leader, so the remaining party will remain as Followers, and if they get stuck because of the above problem, well depending on your script they might start stacking.

Metal Gear Rex
September 17th, 2022, 21:38
Whynotsian, if you're still making maps, I can send you a blank map that is 255x255 sized and has 255 Action Points to use if you're interested. It's still experimental, so I have not made a thread about it or put it up on downloads, only in the KK discord. So far I have not seen issues arising but I only have a couple maps with it and don't have any reports from other mapmakers.

Whynotsian
September 18th, 2022, 18:09
Whynotsian, if you're still making maps, I can send you a blank map that is 255x255 sized and has 255 Action Points to use if you're interested. It's still experimental, so I have not made a thread about it or put it up on downloads, only in the KK discord. So far I have not seen issues arising but I only have a couple maps with it and don't have any reports from other mapmakers.

Thanks, but I declaine, I'd rather make two smaller maps then one this large.
It's hard to make such a big map interesting and fun and it would take an enormous
amount of time to create, testplay and I would eventually run out of flags and timers.
But thank you Metal Gear Rex for thinking I could do something great with this ;)

Metal Gear Rex
September 19th, 2022, 07:27
Thanks, but I declaine, I'd rather make two smaller maps then one this large.
It's hard to make such a big map interesting and fun and it would take an enormous
amount of time to create, testplay and I would eventually run out of flags and timers.
But thank you Metal Gear Rex for thinking I could do something great with this ;)

Mm, not to mention the Creature and Room limit. Been having some fun working around those.

Rox
September 19th, 2022, 11:15
How or where are you stuck ?

Here. I don't know what I should do. :(

Rox
September 19th, 2022, 11:20
About "Mad King", should have been included in the 88 maps file
but I missed this one (strange), so there was 87 maps ;)

And "The Riddle 3", completes the sequence

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1keh5xj2psqo01b/Two+Maps+Riddle+3+And+Mad+King.zip/file

I'm sure I have "Mad King" played before this post! :)

Whynotsian
September 19th, 2022, 12:33
Here. I don't know what I should do. :(

Hi, I tell you by trying to send a mail, (don't want to reveal this for everyone to see, there's so many looking you know ;)

Whynotsian
September 19th, 2022, 12:55
I'm sure I have "Mad King" played before this post! :)

I belive you have ;)
I noticed now that only the shortcut was missing, the maps are there, but now I'm certain :)

Bodsda
September 21st, 2022, 09:22
Whynots_Atlantis. Definitely the most challenging map of the As. I'm generally not very good at defense maps and after 2 resets my pride as a Keeper is dented. Victory is mine though.

I've just had a quick look at the objectives for the invading Rogues because my win was largely attributable to their ineffectiveness in the early stages. Without giving too much away, you can prevent them from getting their second objective set by not allowing the first to be completed. So they just sit around for a while and then wander back off to where they came from. This provides enough time for warlocks and black knights to be levelled up and stall the game out until a proper force is obtained.

4/88

Bodsda
September 21st, 2022, 17:16
Whynots BiggusDickus. Yay, dungeon building! :)

I enjoyed this level, unlimited time to build and train with 4 portals and gems. If you survive the first invasion then there is no excuse not to win. If I had to change anything I would say after dispatching with the guardian Wizards over the water the overpowered LOTL party should come out of the keep and all 3 Hero portals should fix and spawn a decent party.

5/88 good fun

Whynotsian
September 21st, 2022, 17:56
Whynots_Atlantis. Definitely the most challenging map of the As. I'm generally not very good at defense maps and after 2 resets my pride as a Keeper is dented. Victory is mine though.

I've just had a quick look at the objectives for the invading Rogues because my win was largely attributable to their ineffectiveness in the early stages. Without giving too much away, you can prevent them from getting their second objective set by not allowing the first to be completed. So they just sit around for a while and then wander back off to where they came from. This provides enough time for warlocks and black knights to be levelled up and stall the game out until a proper force is obtained.

4/88

Thank you, panic, panic and victory is all that matters

Ahh.. so you are peeking in the editor, are you ;)

Whynotsian
September 21st, 2022, 17:58
Whynots BiggusDickus. Yay, dungeon building! :)

I enjoyed this level, unlimited time to build and train with 4 portals and gems. If you survive the first invasion then there is no excuse not to win. If I had to change anything I would say after dispatching with the guardian Wizards over the water the overpowered LOTL party should come out of the keep and all 3 Hero portals should fix and spawn a decent party.

5/88 good fun

Design goes well with speches (as Monty Phyton would have put it)

Ok.. but you can't have it all..

Happy that you are satisfied ;)

Bodsda
September 22nd, 2022, 10:54
Thank you, panic, panic and victory is all that matters

Ahh.. so you are peeking in the editor, are you ;)

Only afterwards, to see why the Rogues weren't going for my dungeon heart

Bodsda
September 22nd, 2022, 11:03
Design goes well with speches (as Monty Phyton would have put it)

Ok.. but you can't have it all..

Happy that you are satisfied ;)

yes it does, and it's nice to have some mentor speeches in the levels, gives it more of a polished feel.

Bodsda
September 22nd, 2022, 11:07
Whynots Bitches(fairyland) - another nice dungeon building map. Choose your early creatures wisely, as the invading parties may be fragile but quickly increase in level. Was nice to see maidens put to use instead of using Guards for the side rooms.

I opted for converting the first couuple of waves and then torturing the rest for information so I wasn't flying blind for the second half of the game. The difficulty level of the enemies spikes quickly after getting to the other side of the lake, so don't forego training.

Another fun map, thanks :)

6/88

Bodsda
September 22nd, 2022, 16:01
Whynots Black Magic - nice and calm this one. Gold shortage once or twice but other than that it's like a step through difficulty as you head north. Right up until you wake those bloody vampires :)

Good fun

7/88

Whynotsian
September 23rd, 2022, 08:33
Whynots Bitches(fairyland) - another nice dungeon building map.
6/88 Another fun map, thanks

Whynots Black Magic - nice and calm this one.
Good fun
7/88

Some nice feedback, thank you

These maps were made early and maybe a little easy, soon there will be harder maps of the Bs like Boss, Brushfield Spots and Bullfrog.
(At this pace, I think you will be finished before Christmas or at least at the beginning of spring ;)

Bodsda
September 23rd, 2022, 11:38
Whynots Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - definitely my favourite map so far. The barren portal was a nice touch, had me being very cautious about protecting my Goblins. It was a welcomed change of pace from my normal build order of Library>Combat Pit>Lair>Call to Arms>Train>Smash.

Having the high level Good creatures die instantly right about the same time I found the Prison and Torture Chamber was again another tool snatched away from me. And having to work around the lack of spells early on also made me change the way I played.

Good fun, might give this one a replay now I know the lay of the land.

8/88

Bodsda
September 23rd, 2022, 13:29
Whynots Braveheart - An interesting map, lots of land to cover and oodles of gold. The invading parties shouldn't cause too many problems unless you prematurely knock down the doors... Then you end up in an inevitable march north whilst your vampires take damage from being knocked off of the bridges :D

Another win to take us over 10% complete

9/88

Whynotsian
September 23rd, 2022, 14:32
Whynots Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - definitely my favourite map so far. The barren portal was a nice touch, had me being very cautious about protecting my Goblins. It was a welcomed change of pace from my normal build order of Library>Combat Pit>Lair>Call to Arms>Train>Smash.

Having the high level Good creatures die instantly right about the same time I found the Prison and Torture Chamber was again another tool snatched away from me. And having to work around the lack of spells early on also made me change the way I played.

Good fun, might give this one a replay now I know the lay of the land.

8/88

Giving even the weaker creatures a chance to prove themselves isn't a bad thing

Whynotsian
September 23rd, 2022, 14:33
Whynots Braveheart - An interesting map, lots of land to cover and oodles of gold. The invading parties shouldn't cause too many problems unless you prematurely knock down the doors... Then you end up in an inevitable march north whilst your vampires take damage from being knocked off of the bridges :D

Another win to take us over 10% complete

9/88

Giving even the Vampires a chance to prove themselves isn't that a bad thing

(I don’t want to force you to play in a certain way, but I’m glad that you like it ;)

Bodsda
September 23rd, 2022, 15:00
Whynots BrothersInArms - As soon as I saw the timer I thought this would take me several attempts, but the timer was actually pretty accurate. I was moving fast but finished with 5 minutes to spare. Given the last narrow walkway was a valley of death, I was expecting the same here, but no, the challenge is the timer. It's also nice to get some East/West maps.

Good fun that one, and not too long.

10/88

Bodsda
September 26th, 2022, 14:39
Whynots Brushfield Spots - This was quite a long map, but good fun. Heading North without a substantial force is ill advised, but South is a leisurely stroll through the valley for the most part. Having to face off against both at the same time was a bit of a challenge, but fortunately one was significantly weaker than the other.

All in all, good fun map.

11/88

Bodsda
September 26th, 2022, 14:41
Whynots Bullfrog (The Elite) - Thought I'd abuse a few mechanics for a laugh... Am I doing the level right? :D

Edit: I felt bad about considering the map beaten in that manner, so I did it again. Opting for the Warlock I was able to quickly research all of my spells and upgrade them. Mined enough gold to get a 3x3 temple and kept 5 warlocks and 5 Maidens for prayers. Management of this was enough to use create gold to allow me the time to train my force. This time instead of breaching from the bottom I went left and was able to get high enough to be in line with the dungeon heart, only 1 room to cross. The Blue keeper fell swiftly and then the defense began. I like that the timer and waves were essentially grinding you down ready for the final party to finish you off, pity for him he was not prepard for my Horned Reaper.
I don't tend to watch the summoning and gem collection but I'm glad I did on this one 'twas a nice Fly through :)

The level description suggests that the creature I pick dictates what creatures I will get. I was expecting a limited pool but I think the only creature I didn't see was a Dark Angel, and I put that down to me not bothering to 5x5 my temple.

Edit 2: I've just seen the description again and it suggests the creature selection dictates difficulty, so I'm off to try with the Dark Angel

Edit 3: Yep, the Dark Angel selection is significantly more difficult. Careful planning when assaulting Blue can result in a much largely creature count for the 20 minute onslaught, which is definitely needed. Not sure if I would have survived with just 15. Nevertheless, the portal gem was collected once more.

12/88

Whynotsian
September 27th, 2022, 08:08
Whynots Bullfrog (The Elite) - Thought I'd abuse a few mechanics for a laugh... Am I doing the level right? :D

Edit: I felt bad about considering the map beaten in that manner, so I did it again. Opting for the Warlock I was able to quickly research all of my spells and upgrade them. Mined enough gold to get a 3x3 temple and kept 5 warlocks and 5 Maidens for prayers. Management of this was enough to use create gold to allow me the time to train my force. This time instead of breaching from the bottom I went left and was able to get high enough to be in line with the dungeon heart, only 1 room to cross. The Blue keeper fell swiftly and then the defense began. I like that the timer and waves were essentially grinding you down ready for the final party to finish you off, pity for him he was not prepard for my Horned Reaper.
I don't tend to watch the summoning and gem collection but I'm glad I did on this one 'twas a nice Fly through :)

The level description suggests that the creature I pick dictates what creatures I will get. I was expecting a limited pool but I think the only creature I didn't see was a Dark Angel, and I put that down to me not bothering to 5x5 my temple.

Edit 2: I've just seen the description again and it suggests the creature selection dictates difficulty, so I'm off to try with the Dark Angel

Edit 3: Yep, the Dark Angel selection is significantly more difficult. Careful planning when assaulting Blue can result in a much largely creature count for the 20 minute onslaught, which is definitely needed. Not sure if I would have survived with just 15. Nevertheless, the portal gem was collected once more.

50 Knights.. and you ask if you are doing it right ;)

The way you played it here was more like I play it. I try not to loose a single one of my creatures (besides imps), this takes time but everyone is happy at the end, and the frog got his fly ;)

Nice that you take your time reading the ReadMe files, and not just rush ahead.

Read the above ;)

I understand that you are really good at this game, so I think you shouldn't start the easy way off practitising the map so to win the more difficult way, easier ;)

Bodsda
September 27th, 2022, 14:03
50 Knights.. and you ask if you are doing it right ;)

The way you played it here was more like I play it. I try not to loose a single one of my creatures (besides imps), this takes time but everyone is happy at the end, and the frog got his fly ;)

Nice that you take your time reading the ReadMe files, and not just rush ahead.

Read the above ;)

I understand that you are really good at this game, so I think you shouldn't start the easy way off practitising the map so to win the more difficult way, easier ;)

I do tend to go into each map blind and play conservatively. After I've got the feel for it if I need to restart then I might tackle it differently.

Bodsda
September 27th, 2022, 14:07
Whynots_Boss - This map was fun. I thought the Rogue would play a more pivotal role so did put some effort into keeping him alive, but then he went on a suicide run into some Elven Archers so I was stuck with Goblins and Firefly's for a while. Once you start getting the rooms the level progresses slowly but without many problems. I didn't notice the mana vault so ended up sniping with warlocks, mistresses, dark angel and traps whilst using a salamander to coax the LOTL back within firing range.

13/88

Whynotsian
September 27th, 2022, 15:13
Whynots_Boss - This map was fun. I thought the Rogue would play a more pivotal role so did put some effort into keeping him alive, but then he went on a suicide run into some Elven Archers so I was stuck with Goblins and Firefly's for a while. Once you start getting the rooms the level progresses slowly but without many problems. I didn't notice the mana vault so ended up sniping with warlocks, mistresses, dark angel and traps whilst using a salamander to coax the LOTL back within firing range.

13/88

Thank you.
That’s one way to play this map and you are the second to miss that mana vault
Maybe I should have giving it a hint in the readme, but I made it a speech in the map and
a zoom to that revealing action point ;)

(Which was the most challenging map of the Bs)

Bodsda
September 27th, 2022, 16:05
Thank you.
That’s one way to play this map and you are the second to miss that mana vault
Maybe I should have giving it a hint in the readme, but I made it a speech in the map and
a zoom to that revealing action point ;)

(Which was the most challenging map of the Bs)

I remember hearing the LOTL going on about mana vaults, but I was in kill mode and just ignored him :)

Hmm, most challenging of the Bs. Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Boss both had me being very cautious, so that was challenging. BrothersInArms race against the clock I can see why some people might fail it. Bullfrog (The Elite) is a contender when picking the Dark Angel, I think if I didnt make a point of converting most of the other keepers units I would have struggled.

Bodsda
September 28th, 2022, 12:16
Whynots Candelabra - Black Knight difficulty, this one was tricky. Once you head south there is no let up, the waves just keep on coming. On the one hand this vastly increased my creature count, but on the other it was a pain as fending off an East/West assault left my Dungeon Heart unguarded from the North. The parties in each of the tips are too strong for a posession based party to prevail in an all out assault, but, you can tempt the Princes away from their patrol in posession then run rings around them. A 1v1 with a posessed Dark Angel goes in your favour even if you can't dodge attacks. I was able to kill all 3 with 1 Dark Angel whilst everyone else was stationed via Call to Arms at my Dungeon Heart.

I thought it would be a little unfair to use the 2 Hornys so I just left them in jail

That was a good map, very enjoyable.

14/88

Whynotsian
September 28th, 2022, 16:27
Whynots Candelabra - Black Knight difficulty, this one was tricky. Once you head south there is no let up, the waves just keep on coming. On the one hand this vastly increased my creature count, but on the other it was a pain as fending off an East/West assault left my Dungeon Heart unguarded from the North. The parties in each of the tips are too strong for a posession based party to prevail in an all out assault, but, you can tempt the Princes away from their patrol in posession then run rings around them. A 1v1 with a posessed Dark Angel goes in your favour even if you can't dodge attacks. I was able to kill all 3 with 1 Dark Angel whilst everyone else was stationed via Call to Arms at my Dungeon Heart.

I thought it would be a little unfair to use the 2 Hornys so I just left them in jail

That was a good map, very enjoyable.

14/88

Good strategy especially when it comes to a little faster gameplay.
I tend to take a couple of hours playing this;), first free the salamanders
to help with guarding and get rid of some traps and a few heroes.
Then attacking the Blue, build new traps and guard rooms to the north
and take out the princes one by one.

Your right there, I put them on the map just in case (for fun) ;)

Thanks, despite that the map is large it still “happens something along the way”
This map and Brushfield Spots are my favorites and they took looong time to make.

By the way, did you find out how to get the elite Vampire and the level up!? (Even if you don't need them ;)

Bodsda
September 29th, 2022, 11:24
Good strategy especially when it comes to a little faster gameplay.
I tend to take a couple of hours playing this;), first free the salamanders
to help with guarding and get rid of some traps and a few heroes.
Then attacking the Blue, build new traps and guard rooms to the north
and take out the princes one by one.

Your right there, I put them on the map just in case (for fun) ;)

Thanks, despite that the map is large it still “happens something along the way”
This map and Brushfield Spots are my favorites and they took looong time to make.

By the way, did you find out how to get the elite Vampire and the level up!? (Even if you don't need them ;)

I didn't even find the Vampire or the level up. I see in the Map though that it's to do with the warlock and the imprisoned salamanders. I think given the size of the map there is a lot you wont find unless you open it up and have a look around. Like the Hero Gates the are supposed to assault Blue or the Hornys in the Lava

Bodsda
September 29th, 2022, 11:29
Whynots Catwalk - This is a rather odd map. DH being assaulted every minute or so (on 400%) by progressively levelled Elven Archers who have a tendency to walk backwards is a real pain because it takes them out of range of Goblins Call to Arms fighting distance. Interestingly, a certain creature does not have a certain limit in a certain room like you would expect them too.
Once I had that up to a respectable level it was just a quick round the clock to wipeout the side sections and a couple of minutes scratching my head to figure out why the level wasn't ending :)

Nice and quick, but different and fun.

15/88

Bodsda
September 30th, 2022, 10:28
Whynots Complexity - Another map with a challenge. There are 6 potential entry points into your Dungeon, but if you only have 1 open then all the enemies funnel into it. Luckily you are given all the time necessary to design your dungeon before inviting the fight, with some quick enforcement of jobs you can make the entry point a killzone with traps, then you have about a minute inbetween waves to train and research.
The sheer number of enemies at the end caused most of my creatures to die. My killzone would have handled most of the LOTL party but as I don't use him much I thought I'd let Horny have some fun with them.

A long map, but fun.

16/88

Whynotsian
September 30th, 2022, 12:27
Whynots Catwalk - This is a rather odd map. DH being assaulted every minute or so (on 400%) by progressively levelled Elven Archers who have a tendency to walk backwards is a real pain because it takes them out of range of Goblins Call to Arms fighting distance. Interestingly, a certain creature does not have a certain limit in a certain room like you would expect them too.
Once I had that up to a respectable level it was just a quick round the clock to wipeout the side sections and a couple of minutes scratching my head to figure out why the level wasn't ending :)

Nice and quick, but different and fun.

15/88

Yes, I thought I would have a more stressfull map (I useually like more slow ones)
but all maps can’t be the same, this one, as you point out, is a rather odd one ;)

Whynotsian
September 30th, 2022, 12:28
Whynots Complexity - Another map with a challenge. There are 6 potential entry points into your Dungeon, but if you only have 1 open then all the enemies funnel into it. Luckily you are given all the time necessary to design your dungeon before inviting the fight, with some quick enforcement of jobs you can make the entry point a killzone with traps, then you have about a minute inbetween waves to train and research.
The sheer number of enemies at the end caused most of my creatures to die. My killzone would have handled most of the LOTL party but as I don't use him much I thought I'd let Horny have some fun with them.

A long map, but fun.

16/88

This one I made as an My Pet Dungeon merged into a single player map,
to train and see different combos, like Mistresses and Black Knights or
Bile Demons healed by the Warlocks, but nah I think I go for about 25 to 40
Vampires and use a couple of Dark Angels in that last fight (Horny was never an option ;)

Thanks again :)

Bodsda
September 30th, 2022, 13:41
Whynots Crazy Diamond - The Crazy must mean the crazy number of creatures I had at L10. For the assault on the king I had over 100 Good creatures converted, at least 20 L10s and I still got them all killed ;). Fighting in a 1 tile wide corridor against a L10 King who can wander back to heal himself, and who gets Hero Parties joining his defense, was not a smart move. In the end I had to go for the more traditional Lightning stun to have him disrespectfully killed by low level goblins.

I enjoyed that level. Might do it again to see if I can get over 100 of 1 creature type.

17/88

Whynotsian
September 30th, 2022, 14:08
Whynots Crazy Diamond - The Crazy must mean the crazy number of creatures I had at L10. For the assault on the king I had over 100 Good creatures converted, at least 20 L10s and I still got them all killed ;). Fighting in a 1 tile wide corridor against a L10 King who can wander back to heal himself, and who gets Hero Parties joining his defense, was not a smart move. In the end I had to go for the more traditional Lightning stun to have him disrespectfully killed by low level goblins.

I enjoyed that level. Might do it again to see if I can get over 100 of 1 creature type.

17/88

“Might do it again..” are you crazy :rolleyes:
Meantime I'm going to renew this map and let all Goodies die instantly,
and so that they don’t generate dead bodys…

And I enjoyed making it ;)

Bodsda
September 30th, 2022, 15:39
“Might do it again..” are you crazy :rolleyes:
Meantime I'm going to renew this map and let all Goodies die instantly,
and so that they don’t generate dead bodys…

And I enjoyed making it ;)

Ok, I'll give it another go without a torture chamber. :)

Bodsda
September 30th, 2022, 15:41
Whynots_Crossroads - Nice and easy one for a change. I naively thought we would remain the best of friends, so I helped out in their defense. Then the bastards came for me. Not to worry, they were suitably punished.

Nice and quick, good fun.

18/88

Whynotsian
September 30th, 2022, 15:54
Ok, I'll give it another go without a torture chamber. :)

…without a graveyard, without a combat pit and even without a prison…
nah the last room can you have, filled with 100 and 1 skeletons :cool: ;)

Whynotsian
September 30th, 2022, 15:56
Whynots_Crossroads - Nice and easy one for a change. I naively thought we would remain the best of friends, so I helped out in their defense. Then the bastards came for me. Not to worry, they were suitably punished.

18/88

Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer :)

Bodsda
September 30th, 2022, 23:36
…without a graveyard, without a combat pit and even without a prison…
nah the last room can you have, filled with 100 and 1 skeletons :cool: ;)

Ok deal, I'll probably get to it on Monday

Bodsda
September 30th, 2022, 23:38
Whynots Double Trouble - This was fun. No invading parties so plenty of time to train up. You can branch east and west seperately without too much risk of being assaulted from the side you are not working on. I thought the double kings would be trouble but I had more trouble with a L10 thief that wouldn't stop going invisible.

Nice calm map

19/88

Whynotsian
October 1st, 2022, 09:20
Ok deal, I'll probably get to it on Monday

You don’t need to do that, I’m just impressed how fast you win and solve these maps,
so go forth, there’s still many “worlds” waiting for you ;)

Bodsda
October 2nd, 2022, 07:26
You don’t need to do that, I’m just impressed how fast you win and solve these maps,
so go forth, there’s still many “worlds” waiting for you ;)

Let me know what you think :)
Whynots Crazy Diamond - No Prison, Torture Chamber, Combat Pit or Graveyard (https://youtu.be/fy_MY0noHpk)

Whynotsian
October 2nd, 2022, 10:09
Let me know what you think :)
Whynots Crazy Diamond - No Prison, Torture Chamber, Combat Pit or Graveyard (https://youtu.be/fy_MY0noHpk)

:rolleyes: ;)
Ahhh lets see, three temples gives six Dark Angels and a lot of sacrifices,
than you build mega lairs and chicken hatcheries all over the map :cool:

Bodsda
October 2nd, 2022, 10:15
Ahhh lets see, three temples gives six Dark Angels and a lot of sacrifices,
than you build mega lairs and chicken hatcheries all over the map :cool:

6 Dark Angels yes, but no sacrifices. Creature count remains limited by the portals + the starting set (most of which died, I think only the Warlock, Troll and 1 salamander survive) and the vampire.

Whynotsian
October 2nd, 2022, 11:15
6 Dark Angels yes, but no sacrifices. Creature count remains limited by the portals + the starting set (most of which died, I think only the Warlock, Troll and 1 salamander survive) and the vampire.

I never use sacrifices, only if I made a map that says so.
But I think that sacrifices don't count against the total number that your portals will attract.
Never tested this so I’m not sure.

Bodsda
October 2nd, 2022, 11:43
But I think that sacrifices don't count against the total number that your portals will attract.

I don't tend to becasue I forget what the combinations are. Sacrifices definitely don't count for the portal limits though.

Whynotsian
October 2nd, 2022, 12:06
I don't tend to becasue I forget what the combinations are.
True, not me to :)

Metal Gear Rex
October 2nd, 2022, 23:09

I can confirm they don't count, anything not obtained from the portal will not count.

On maps where this might be an issue, I usually have a script to close and reopen portals.

Bodsda
October 4th, 2022, 11:49
Whynots Dwarves - This map required careful management of Dwarves and Heal spell. If you rush on too fast or don't pay enough attention you may find yourself without the ability to tunnel further. The map was nicely balanced I thought, with each new room having a suitable defense and the occasional surprise, right up until the end room. After the Hero Parties rush your Temple I thought the LOTL was kind of abandoned by his comrades so he was picked off fairly easily. Honestly I had more trouble with the invading Dwarves then I did with the LOTL.

Also, I ran into a pathing issue that I've not seen before. This is the South West corner of the map, I've edited it to show where I built my tunnel and that I turned the path into a treasury. Well on the corner tile I had several creatures get stuck against the Rock tile diagonal to the corner treasury tile. Not sure why but I had it with Warlocks and Fireflys multiple times throughout my playthrough. I doubt it's a problem with the map, but thought I'd mention it.

20/88 - A fun change of pace and plenty of secrets to find.

Whynotsian
October 4th, 2022, 18:45
Whynots Dwarves - This map required careful management of Dwarves and Heal spell. If you rush on too fast or don't pay enough attention you may find yourself without the ability to tunnel further. The map was nicely balanced I thought, with each new room having a suitable defense and the occasional surprise, right up until the end room. After the Hero Parties rush your Temple I thought the LOTL was kind of abandoned by his comrades so he was picked off fairly easily. Honestly I had more trouble with the invading Dwarves then I did with the LOTL.

Also, I ran into a pathing issue that I've not seen before. This is the South West corner of the map, I've edited it to show where I built my tunnel and that I turned the path into a treasury. Well on the corner tile I had several creatures get stuck against the Rock tile diagonal to the corner treasury tile. Not sure why but I had it with Warlocks and Fireflys multiple times throughout my playthrough. I doubt it's a problem with the map, but thought I'd mention it.

20/88 - A fun change of pace and plenty of secrets to find.

First I was thinking to give the Dwarves same ability to heal when on own ground as the Imps.
Instead I made a “Health room” down in the corner, near where your Warlocks and Firefly’s got stucked,
(I haven’t got a clue why that happened). About the health room a tip, lock the door put the wounded Dwarves there to heal,
you can even let a few stay there, in case you may run out of some.

Thanks, a little diversity of maps :)

Bodsda
October 5th, 2022, 08:32
First I was thinking to give the Dwarves same ability to heal when on own ground as the Imps.
Instead I made a “Health room” down in the corner, near where your Warlocks and Firefly’s got stucked,
(I haven’t got a clue why that happened). About the health room a tip, lock the door put the wounded Dwarves there to heal,
you can even let a few stay there, in case you may run out of some.

Thanks, a little diversity of maps :)

Ah yes that's a good idea. I found the room and dropped a couple of dwarves in but they ran straight out and I didn't think about locking the door.

I just remembered another quirk, not sure if it was intentional. When I got to the combat pit room my dwarves dissapeared from my creature menu. They were still my creatures, I could find them running around, but they weren't in the list?

Whynotsian
October 5th, 2022, 09:15
I just remembered another quirk, not sure if it was intentional. When I got to the combat pit room my dwarves dissapeared from my creature menu. They were still my creatures, I could find them running around, but they weren't in the list?

No that was not intentional, I got that issue but I got it when claiming the Giant nearby.
(I claimed the Giant before the Combat pit).The Giant disappeared instead.
I tried to figure it out, but I think it solved itself later on, when finding “new” and more creatures.

Bodsda
October 5th, 2022, 13:53
Whynots_Devil'sFlower - Mixed feelings about this level. I really enjoyed the fight and the map design was nice. But if you don't read the Level description and infromation chances are you will be left scratching your head. My first play through I had no idea there were princes in this map, I just murdered everything. My second play through I forgot to save and one of the bastards died. My third plathrough I got them all converted and expected the level to end like in the campaign. When it didn't I had to go hunting in the map to figure out how to end the level. Perhaps if once a Prince is converted you could do a zoom to and flash on the Temple, that would make the objective a lot clearer.

Still, once I knew what to do it was a fun map :)

21/88

Whynotsian
October 5th, 2022, 16:00
Now when playing (easy) maps and not as great and incredible good and as fun
like the ones before, I know that soon and very soon it’s going
to be even better than before. :rolleyes:

I made these maps for me to have some fun and something to do
later on in life, (I put a few of them out to be downloaded years ago).
And the readme files was written so if I got bad memory I could at least
try figuring out how to play them,
I was not thinking so much of how others would approach them.
They were made so to have as much fun and variations as possible.
But having these maps for some years I thought, whynot,;)
let others who loves this game have some fun to, now this is an old game,
thinking, there’s not an abounded numbers of DK2 players out there.

And remember to read the ReadMe files, if not after, so before playing,
that is if there exists a ReadMe file, else you don’t need reading them.
And don’t forget to save. :confused:

ps. sorry for my swenglish ds.:cool:
/Whynot

Metal Gear Rex
October 6th, 2022, 06:48
No that was not intentional, I got that issue but I got it when claiming the Giant nearby.
(I claimed the Giant before the Combat pit).The Giant disappeared instead.
I tried to figure it out, but I think it solved itself later on, when finding “new” and more creatures.

I've noticed some oddities happening with creatures not appearing in the list as well. I don't fully understand it myself but I've seen it happen with certain Creature Index IDs. It's very odd, there's actually a specific Index ID that will never appear in the creature tab, even if you find more creatures, it's totally ignored even though the creature still exists.

I'm on 1.3 so I have no idea how it could be on 1.7.

Bodsda
October 7th, 2022, 10:37
Whynots El Diablo - I tried about 5 attempts on this map but it seems everytime I get to the door room before the bridge, prior to the timer starting, it crashes.

22/88

Bodsda
October 7th, 2022, 15:42
Whynots El Gaz and Fire - This map felt like a nice intermediate challenge. If you don't have a strong build order to repel an early game invasion then your toast. If you can repel it then the conversions can begin. I like the way the map could be traversed up both East and West before being funelled back in for the final fight. If I'm in a bit of a hurry I can just focus on the one side. The LOTL party was not the main concern here, it was the side ambush just before him. Once that was dealt with Lord Bile didn't stand a chance. Funny thing though, the Fireflys spawned the same second I killed the LOTL so it was like they came to feast on his corpse

Good fun

23/88

Bodsda
October 11th, 2022, 14:50
Whynots_E=mc2 - This is, by a country mile, the hardest map so far. At least for my play style. Have I mentioned before about how I hate timers? I hate them even more now.

First play through, I thought I'd see if the timer was for some attack party or a lose condition. It's a lose condition.

Second play through I thought I'd play normally, Spells and Combat Pit then advance. No, you can't do that because of the constant bloody assaults of ~5 lvl3-5 heroes.

Third play through, lets push up and see what adding some pressure does. Well it gets you dead, just a little quicker. Everytime I went past the central room to the hero portal I got shafted.

Fourth play through, right lets slow things down, so back down to 100% game speed instead of 400. This is much more managable, but we still need an assault plan. Any assault through the South door was doomed. The single tile hallway between rooms creates a bottleneck and the traps + archers + fairies just chip away from a far whilst Guards punch you in the face. The one time I did get a strong foothold into their Lair and eventually their dungeon heart the heroes had amassed around 20 troops and went straight for my heart. Undefended it was a race to see who could destroy the other's heart first. I lost.

Play through 4.5. I was happy with everything apart from my assault, so this time instead of assaulting the south I micromanaged my imps to dig up to the North East and prepared an assault through the Temple. A quick summon of rocks to break the fortification and 40+ creatures storming in we had just to go through the temple and the training room, a couple of freeze traps, sentry traps and lightning traps that needed a possessed creature to take care of and then finally I had a decent raid on the dungeon heart. Blue could not bring his creatures back fast enough and although my heart suffered around 20% damage, his fell. 18 minutes left on the clock.

I never felt like I had enough time to bother with the side routes or taking out the hero portals. I could probably have achieved it in the time, and it would have made the final assault less of a race as to which heart falls first, but I found that as long as I assaulted immediately after fending off a wave, I could win that race.

This map, without the timer, I would play again. With the timer, I will just happily be done with it :)

24/88

Bodsda
October 11th, 2022, 16:33
Whynots Fallen Angels - This was a nice calm map. Almost put it in the too easy catagory if it wasn't for the fact that portals get shut off at some point.

I wen't for an outskirts strategy after realising no raiding parties were coming my way. Found a bunch of neutral creatures and eventually Blue's dungeon. Given the prevelance of mana vaults I decided to trap up the outside and let the Sentry traps take care of most of the enemy. This worked well and I methodically captured and sold off his whole dungeon. However, the assault on the center was a bit troubling when I realised I wasn't getting fresh creatures anymore. In the end my imps did all the hard work, along with the turncoat spell and were able to capture the central temple room which then allowed me to drop my army on top of the DAoTL.

Turncoat works on the DAoTL, it was quite funny watching him obliterate the hero parties that dared stroll through his lair.

25/88

Bodsda
October 12th, 2022, 11:14
Whynots Finders Keepers - I think this is my favourite level so far. When adding difficulty to a level I prefer restrictions over endless hordes of progressively stronger enemies. Starting this level off with a single low level creature, no portal, no useful rooms, and no spells really makes you invested in protecting what you do have.

Having the Dwarves roam the inner ring meant you could carefully get some extra levels before venturing into the outer sections. I almost got caught out by the multiple LOTLs. Trigerred one far too early, I hadn't found a single other creature at that point. That took some management but luckliy I think I had the heal spell so was able to make it through. After that I understood the layout and could just work my way around methodically. By the time I triggered the last LOTL party I was able to crush them without any trouble.

If I was remaking this map I think I would have the LOTL parties be useful Elite's that were convertible, like one be a Bile/Troll, another be a Warlock/DA, or at least have them guard the room type or the spell. I wouldn't have quite as many. Ending the level with Fly, Goblin, Troll, Bile, Rogue, Dark Elf, Dark Angel, Warlock and Vampire makes the last party trivial. Other than that though I think I'd keep it the same, hmm maybe have one of the corners locked off by water, one by lava, that could be interesting.

Anyway, great map :)

26/88

Bodsda
October 12th, 2022, 14:30
Whynots Fireball - Not much to say on this one, a follow the only route available map. An interesting Hero Gate design thta allows them a chance to retreat into the healing room whilst fighting to make them a little bit harder to dispatch, but generally speaking no real problem at any of the checkpoints. Horny managed to get 3 hits off which I'm sure made him happy

27/88

Bodsda
October 13th, 2022, 13:12
Whynots GiantsOfTheNorth - I liked this map, difficult to play on 400% because you need to expand efficiently enough to find the neutral creatures and portal needed to defend against the up to Lvl6 Giant incursions. After a little while you get enough of everything to be comfortable defending, then comes the training. Eventually I ventured out into the lava and thought I'd take out the Hero Gates because heading back every couple of minutes to micro another defense was a bit annoying, but alas, more Giants will come from the main enemy room.

The final fight was a bit tricky to engage because whilst dealing with the guarding Giants, invasion Giants would come out. My strategy in the end was to let the invasion pass, then drop behind them, keeping my creatures a few tiles back from the main room with Call To Arms, then posess and draw out the GoTL. Once he was engaged in my mass of creatures I dropped out of posession and healed until he was dead.

The lack of Thunderbolt really made this level much harder then it otherwise would have been.

28/88

Bodsda
October 14th, 2022, 14:43
Whynots GrandPrix (BadRace) - A very novel map. Was interesting seeing the Skeletons do the claiming and the arrival timing seemed to be pretty accurate, I bet a lot of work went into that to make the AI behave. Not really anything to do though other than wait and then spam Skeletons at the end.

29/88

Bodsda
October 17th, 2022, 15:07
Whynots Hellsingland - This was a big map. BIG. Towards the end it started lagging, although I'm not entirely sure why as there weren't many creatures running about.

I like the premise of the level, and I liked how I could get a random creature pool at the beginning. I didn't like the hidden gems aspect. By the time I'd killed everything in plain sight I had 3 of 9. Finding the others took as long as my initial exploration but by that point none of the Hero parties posed any real challenge, even with a poor creature selection.

I think this map works well after you already know where the gems are, or at least what to look out for. As a first time player of the map it was very confusing and could have done with some more visual aids, but I guess that then defeats the premise.

30/88

Bodsda
October 17th, 2022, 16:56
Whynots Highlander - This map was good fun. Nice progression in enemny creature level to train up the LoTL. I assume the spells availability was based on a timer, thank god you included Thunderbolt in there. Without it I would have had to hope those trap boxes lying around were Lightning traps.

I didn't really have any trouble dealing with the incoming enemies until the Lvl10 Black Knights and the DAoTL, where mana preservation, Lightning traps and Thunderbolt became my strategy. Weirdly I had more problems the second time I played it than the first.

31/88

Bodsda
October 18th, 2022, 10:29
Whynots Invaders - This was quite a nice map, could easily see this being a campaign level. Not having access to a portal for the first portion of the game makes you a little protective of the fragile creatures that you are able to find, but access to the Prison and Torture chamber quickly remedies the lack of creatures. Once a suitable force of conscripts is gathered the march North is straightforward.

32/88

Bodsda
October 18th, 2022, 12:15
Whynots Itsy Bitsy Spider - Another enjoyable level. Despite having 2 portals I didn't feel like I had a force I was happy with, and I was kind of bored with my usual Warlock, BK, DA, Converts strategy so I decided to switch things up and focus on Vampires. By the final assault I had 18 vampires all over Lvl4, 10 BKs a DA and a handful of Bile Demons. Breaching the final wall was an absolute slaughter for all involved. A quick bridge build and push forward resulted in all of my vampires being killed, the defending army being mostly killed and then the 2 hero gates spamming high level parties. But the fun thing about vampires is they just keep coming back :)

I spent a leaisurely amount of time on the level and then completed the final assault in about 60 seconds. That was good fun

33/88

Bodsda
October 18th, 2022, 13:31
Whynots Journey - It's always refreshing to play with Good creatures. I found the 2 Monks hidden away and trained up before I made my journey through the river. There was some mentor voice over which suggested I should be using possession, but given I had Call To Arms I didn't really see the need. Not having a torture chamber available made this level non-trivial but as there were no invasions each outpost could be handled individually before healing and continuing.

For some reason the DAoTL died very quickly. I drew him out with a possessed creature and ran him into my ambush, a couple of seconds later he was dead.

34/88

Bodsda
October 18th, 2022, 16:59
Whynots_Joker;-) - Urgh, another timer. Although 75 minutes is a long time so maybe it won't be an issue. First I head down the trapped path on the western side and take out that Hero Gate. Just as I finish Blue makes an incursion so I go and deal with him. It seems he fell to the hero invasions so picking off the few Elven Archers that remained and then wiping out his heart was easy enough. Then I figure he probably has the same Hero Gate on his side so I go and take that out.

Now I have a problem, the southern assault looks futile. Way too many high level creatures and not enough time to train up, so I opt for a large amount of traps. This works wonderfully well and singlehandedly takes out all of the Hero's on the other side of the door. Now I see stone knights which can mean only one thing. I see something useful but my imps ignore it no matter how many of them I drop. In the end I had to cut them off from the route back to my dungeon by selling bridges and then building the room on the other side to make them behave. A quick drop of my remaining creatures into the edges of the temple and it's time for Horny to do his thing.

Was quite fun, even though the timer made me rush.

35/88

Bodsda
October 19th, 2022, 14:16
Whynots Kingdom Come - This map had some similarities to other room by room maps with the exception of the final one. The last room spawns parties of Lvl~10 enemies every few minutes (at 400%) and they are a bit of a pain to repel unless you have a trap ambush. Luckily I had a Heal All to hand so after breaching the final room, waiting for a wave, dealing with it, I was able to heal and drop in on the king to dispatch him with relative ease.

Good fun and will catch people out if they don't prepare.

36/88

Bodsda
October 20th, 2022, 09:23
Whynots KingDoom - Quite a long map, but good fun. No access to a portal or starting access to decent rooms on this one so was very much a conservative approach to working through the map. The prison came quite a while before the torture chamber, but a tip for others - you can hold imprisoned creatures in your hand indefinitely.

Good fun

37/88

Bodsda
October 21st, 2022, 09:03
Whynots Knights Of The Night - Quite the step up in terms of combat difficulty on this map. The first assault you make will either be you vs Blue or you vs Blue plus 2 Hero Gates that flank you if you didn't have the foresight to mine the edges and take them out first. Blue has access to multiple portals and so will outnumber you with ~Lvl5 creatures.

After that you have 3 LOTLs to take care of - I think they may have been Princes, but I didn't may much attention. They aren't the issue, the issue is what happens after you kill each one. A good sized map with a comfortable difficulty level.

38/88

Bodsda
October 21st, 2022, 12:24
Whynots LandOfConfusion - This level is great, I'm not sure if I rushed the first part but within about 2 minutes I had picked a fight with another keeper and in under 10 minutes all 4 rival keepers were dead. This led to an unusual situation where I had over half the map, 5 separate dungeons, probably 5 portals and was insanely underlevelled for the Hero fortress assault. To make matters worse the LOTL guards the only tool that will lead to his demise so I spent the next 30 minutes fending off invasion parties, converting them and using my imps to slowly take over his fortress until I could knock out the Hero Gates. Once that was done it was easy to claim around the LOTL to find what I needed.

39/88

Bodsda
October 24th, 2022, 09:06
Whynots LifeOnMars - Another unique map, this time the portals are out of reach until you conquer the wastelands. The initial gold shortage was nicely managed in the map to push you into that wasteland before you can do anything productive to your dungeon. And given the lack of a second creature to begin with, you will have no prior training opportunities.

I'm not sure if it's by design, but on the northern wastelands the Hero Gates don't spawn any additional creatures. The southern ones do.

40/88

Bodsda
October 24th, 2022, 16:09
Whynots Lizzard - This map had an interesting finish.

After fending off the first couple of waves I was weilding quite a force of Giants and Vampires. This combination allowed me to steam roller the rest of the map up until the SoTL lair. I thought, with Giants, I could just wander over and Smash, but that didn't work, so I picked them up, used a bridge to gain a foothold and dropped everything over there. Interestingly that didn't work either, they all died. Like everything. So rather than build up again and attack more methodically I used imps to draw the Salamanders onto my ground then used turncoat to make them kill eachother. I ended up winning the map with Imps and spells, not creatures :)

41/88

Bodsda
October 24th, 2022, 16:13
Whynots LordOfTheFlies - I enjoyed this map, despite having trash creatures and constant incursions of overly aggressives Fireflys I eventually went south and worked through all of the passageways which got me the spells I was lacking.

Taking out the Hero Gates was annoying because they didn't play by the rules, claiming all around them did not destroy them until the Lvl9 Lesser LOTL was dealt with. Given that the only creatures at my disposal were cowards, this made it rather irritating. I had to use my imps once again to gain a sizeable foothold, then use lightning to keep the bastard down whilst my archers shot from afar and my Salamanders went in for a bite.

Given the difficulty of these 2 Hero Gates it was somewhat underwhelming to then have a lone Lvl8 FoTL walk into my dungeon and get killed the moment he found a creature.

Good fun though

42/88

Bodsda
October 26th, 2022, 15:18
Whynots LordOfTheGems - Had a good time on this map. It's reasonably sized but the restrictions make each section particularly challenging and needing of your attention. Unfortunately I ran into a problem with the 2 Hornys in this level... there seem to be triggers on them that require me to kill them, but I have no Horny of my own and no way of inflicting damage on them. I wasn't able to find an answer by looking at the editor and there is no readme for this level.

Other than that snafu, this is a brilliant map

43/88

Whynotsian
October 26th, 2022, 16:17
Hi, Glad to see that you still struggle your way thru these worlds, good;)

Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Quote Originally Posted by Rox View Post
LordOfTheGems is super, but how can I defeat the Level-10-Horny at the end?
Thanks..

It’s the King Thing, try to claim the tiles (and the Temple) around and inside the Saruman’s (Warlock) tower, without killing Saruman.
The Balrog (Horny) get health from walking his own land. Then kill him with your “King” by giving as much health as you can.

letting him play with you, only getting that damn Gem every match, year in and year out.)

And thanks for your effort going thru these maps and for all the (good:) comments.
/Whynot

Bodsda
October 26th, 2022, 16:37
Hi, Glad to see that you still struggle your way thru these worlds, good;)

Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Quote Originally Posted by Rox View Post
LordOfTheGems is super, but how can I defeat the Level-10-Horny at the end?
Thanks..

letting him play with you, only getting that damn Gem every match, year in and year out.)

And thanks for your effort going thru these maps and for all the (good:) comments.
/Whynot

Ok, so I've got the temple and the surrounding land. I've left the walls in place. The warlock is alive and inside the temple.
If I leave the warlock alive then I just constantly fight Goblins. If I kill the warlock then Horny (Hero Party 17) is created and I can't kill him. Spent several minutes healing my LOTL but Horny appeared to take no damage

I'm missing something?

Whynotsian
October 26th, 2022, 17:11
You must first claim the tiles around the Warlocks fort and claim the temple and then kill the Warlock.

When you killed the Warlock no more goblins will come.
Then you kill Horny with your LotL and by giving your LotL as much health as you can.
You can use your other creatures as well, but they will easily get killed.

Bodsda
October 26th, 2022, 17:19
You must first claim the tiles around the Warlocks fort and claim the temple and then kill the Warlock.

When you killed the Warlock no more goblins will come.
Then you kill Horny with your LotL and by giving your LotL as much health as you can.
You can use your other creatures as well, but they will easily get killed.

Does this need a specific DK2 version or balancing patch? Even with 8 Archers, a wizard, dwarf, Knight and LOTL, on Temple squares that belong to me, and even out on my claimed tiles, I can't inflict a single petal of damage no matter how long I heal and fight

Whynotsian
October 26th, 2022, 17:31
I've just tested and it worked fine, I'll download and see whats wrong, and then I upload another one...

I didn't find anything strange, I'm wondering do you have the Gog version?
I had that before it worked fine but in rare occasions there was som errors.
Now I usuelly make my files write protected i don't think that is the issue,
but you never know.

Bodsda
October 27th, 2022, 16:32
I've just tested and it worked fine, I'll download and see whats wrong, and then I upload another one...

I didn't find anything strange, I'm wondering do you have the Gog version?
I had that before it worked fine but in rare occasions there was som errors.
Now I usuelly make my files write protected i don't think that is the issue,
but you never know, so these ones are not.

You can download a "new" file here..
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3g4sjlnffgmrm21/Whynots+LordOfTheGames.zip/file

(Haha I named the zip file LordOfTheGames, not Gems :rolleyes: ,so The LordOfTheGames must be "Bodsda")

Tested my save with the new file, same problem

Yeah I'm on the GOG version

Bodsda
October 27th, 2022, 16:35
Whynots Mad King - Nice and straightforward on this one. The travel North was largely unevetful until the bridges. On my first attempt I stormed the keep and got wiped out. Second attempt I let my imps do all the work, starting with the Hero Gates and then Lightning to wittle down the Lvl10 Skeletons which were remarkably more durable than I thought they would be. The second assault went much smoother.

And the death of the king marks 50%

44/80

Bodsda
October 27th, 2022, 16:40
Whynots Mean Streak - This level seems to start a pattern of denying me useful spells. Call To Arms wasn't just hidden, it was 95% of the way through the map... By the time I was able to station my creatures I was practically at the obective. Knowing how bad it went last time I stormed a keep I decided to hold back in the second to last room and just knock the wall down. By chance the LOTL decided to take a liking to an imp that was running away and he wandered right into my creatures.

A nice level design, reminiscent of the campaign level that sees you skulking around breaking creatures out of prisons, only this time it was spells.

45/88

Bodsda
October 27th, 2022, 16:44
Whynots Mushrooms - This map was good fun, a nice change of pace. No portals here, just crap creatures in prison. I went for the North outpost first to give me the North/South edge, the took East and West. Restarted a couple of times because a Lvl3 Dark Elf is super precious.

When the 4th outpost fell I was feeling confident. The assaults on my dungeon came but there was some sort of AI pathing problem. I didn't open any pathways to my dungeon and it seems the single tile hole that a dwarf dug was too inconspicuous for 80% of the Hero Party to see, they kind of just went for an extended paddle in the river and got split up, so when they did finally make it onto dry land they did so 1 or 2 at a time. Not a good strategy for them.

46/88

Bodsda
October 27th, 2022, 16:53
Whynots MysteryTour - So I fucked up. I started a play through, found both portals and thought, hmm, there is a conspicuously straight gold seem to the North that is probably a trigger, but by avoiding that I'll be left short on gold. So I restarted, only got 1 portal, did some wall digging to the West, found a Gem seam and then got pummelled by repeated parties of around 10 Lvl5s.

So restart, get both portals and go hard on Black Knights. I'll take my chances this time round with the North gold seam. Nothing happened... no incursions. So I'm now 12 Black Knights strong and they're training up. I know I could do this level with mass conversions given the Gems but that was may strategy for the first half of the map pack, so lets focus on Vampires in this half where possible. 15 Black Knights, 15 Vampires, a handful of warlocks and 1 Dark Angel.

The march north was a bit lengthy because there's no call to arms at that point, your creatures get pulled into rooms you haven't claimed and you will be assaulted whilst you try and make progress up the other side. It took a while but eventually I made it to the top and joined the East and West paths. Then I thought, lets get more Vampires, so some 100k later I have 30 graves and a massive training room. Not long later I had 30 Vampires and I sent them all into a big temple - Note: If you build a 5x5 temple and then sell the central square you have no pool for them to accidentaly fall in - so all my vampires are praying and that lets me get to work on imp rushing the Princes bachelor pad.

I needed to use the Elite Black Knight to take out the traps before the imps could finish their work. Covered all the water with bridges and then opened the flood gates to my hungry Vampires. Good night Princes.

I had fun with this one :)

47/88

Whynotsian
October 27th, 2022, 18:29
Whynots MysteryTour - So I fucked up. I started a play through, found both portals and thought, hmm, there is a conspicuously straight gold seem to the North that is probably a trigger, but by avoiding that I'll be left short on gold. So I restarted, only got 1 portal, did some wall digging to the West, found a Gem seam and then got pummelled by repeated parties of around 10 Lvl5s.

So restart, get both portals and go hard on Black Knights. I'll take my chances this time round with the North gold seam. Nothing happened... no incursions. So I'm now 12 Black Knights strong and they're training up. I know I could do this level with mass conversions given the Gems but that was may strategy for the first half of the map pack, so lets focus on Vampires in this half where possible. 15 Black Knights, 15 Vampires, a handful of warlocks and 1 Dark Angel.

The march north was a bit lengthy because there's no call to arms at that point, your creatures get pulled into rooms you haven't claimed and you will be assaulted whilst you try and make progress up the other side. It took a while but eventually I made it to the top and joined the East and West paths. Then I thought, lets get more Vampires, so some 100k later I have 30 graves and a massive training room. Not long later I had 30 Vampires and I sent them all into a big temple - Note: If you build a 5x5 temple and then sell the central square you have no pool for them to accidentaly fall in - so all my vampires are praying and that lets me get to work on imp rushing the Princes bachelor pad.

I needed to use the Elite Black Knight to take out the traps before the imps could finish their work. Covered all the water with bridges and then opened the flood gates to my hungry Vampires. Good night Princes.

I had fun with this one :)

47/88

Thanks for your liking of these maps.

I had to restart this one myself, the only one I had to do that with
and I made this map, shame on me.:rolleyes:
MysteryTour is one of the maps I’ve played among the most.
tested all kind of creature combinations, the one I find useful at the start
is some Bile Demons so I get Lightening traps just outside each portal and
they are real Blockers, and I have a few Blackies, later on I get rid of the Biles.
And I had a high level Dark Angel running about in the center taking out traps and doors.
He is a bit faster then the elite Black Knight.

I must agree, this one is fun :cool:

Now save Mythologica to be played last, just a tip.

Bodsda
October 28th, 2022, 17:39
Whynots_Nemesis - Given the name I had a rough idea what was coming for me on this map. I didn't however expect the high level training or the 4 (I think) portals that Nemesis would have. I took three runs at his dungeon, retreating each time to heal and train, before I was able to make some headway in the south east corner. Luckily this was where his Lair was and once I'd taken and sold that his creatures stayed dead.

A bit longer than other levels, but very enjoyable. If you wanted to up the difficulty, have Nemesis go for your dungeon heart after you've put 10 creature or something in his dungeon as punishment for a failed invasion. :)

48/88

Bodsda
October 28th, 2022, 17:47
Whynots Oracle - Ooh, difficulty settings. I love it. Naturally I want to punish myself so I'll go for Black Knight.

There is a reasonable amount of time to build up a force before Blue and Green break into your dungeon. Assuming your concentrating on fighters and blockers that is. If you've gone for support like Warlock and Dark Elves then you might find you can't stop the first large party which will be a higher level than you. If you can stop it though, then you can convert them. I ended up converting every creature from both Blue and Green. They didn't attack with anything other than imps and a stray Maiden after that.

The march into their dungeons was then trivial, and when I heard the voiceover instructing the goodly heroes to attack me I guessed they would be making a run down the middle. Luckily I had my creatures dropped in time and with 3 dungeons worth of reasonably well levelled creatures I was able to blitz my way up to the outer-fortifications of fairy keep. Taking the first couple of Hero Gates was fine, but then I see there is 3 either side, guarded by Giants and constantly pumping out enemies. I had to blitz both while spamming imps to claim high enough to get to the graveyards and break the gates.

But the trouble didn't stop there. After a while I was able to use a salamander to clear the traps on the other side of the lava moat, a quick bridge build and imp drop claimed the stone bridge. Then when the patrol was on one side I took out the opposite Hero Gate, waited and repeated on the other side. Mopped up the patrol and then had a look with sight of evil inside the keep... The problem with that many high level fairies is stun. If I attack head on my creatures will spend all their time on the floor and die. So naturally it was only the very strongest, the most loyal, the bravest of my creatures that won the day for me. Yes, my Imps. They stormed the keep, captured the temple, and I sold what I could. Everyone else, to pay for their cowardace was forced to pray to me as their omnipotent overlord. This surge in mana allowed me to use turncoat and thunderbolt to end the Fairy Oracle and all of her kin.

49/88

Whynotsian
October 28th, 2022, 18:03
Whynots_Nemesis - Given the name I had a rough idea what was coming for me on this map. I didn't however expect the high level training or the 4 (I think) portals that Nemesis would have. I took three runs at his dungeon, retreating each time to heal and train, before I was able to make some headway in the south east corner. Luckily this was where his Lair was and once I'd taken and sold that his creatures stayed dead.

A bit longer than other levels, but very enjoyable. If you wanted to up the difficulty, have Nemesis go for your dungeon heart after you've put 10 creature or something in his dungeon as punishment for a failed invasion. :)

48/88

"If you wanted to up the difficulty"...
Or give the player a reasonable lair at the start, then make
the lair unavailable for him (that’s you) ;) so you can’t sell
Nemesis lair. (I could even make triggers so every time
you claim his lair it will be altered to be owned by Nemesis):cool:

"have Nemesis go for your dungeon heart after you've put 10 creature or something in his dungeon as punishment for a failed invasion."
That's a good idea, but I think that you would have used spells and make them fight amongst themselves :rolleyes:

Did you catch the Monk ?

Whynotsian
October 28th, 2022, 20:12
Whynots Oracle - Ooh, difficulty settings. I love it. Naturally I want to punish myself so I'll go for Black Knight.

There is a reasonable amount of time to build up a force before Blue and Green break into your dungeon. Assuming your concentrating on fighters and blockers that is. If you've gone for support like Warlock and Dark Elves then you might find you can't stop the first large party which will be a higher level than you. If you can stop it though, then you can convert them. I ended up converting every creature from both Blue and Green. They didn't attack with anything other than imps and a stray Maiden after that.

The march into their dungeons was then trivial, and when I heard the voiceover instructing the goodly heroes to attack me I guessed they would be making a run down the middle. Luckily I had my creatures dropped in time and with 3 dungeons worth of reasonably well levelled creatures I was able to blitz my way up to the outer-fortifications of fairy keep. Taking the first couple of Hero Gates was fine, but then I see there is 3 either side, guarded by Giants and constantly pumping out enemies. I had to blitz both while spamming imps to claim high enough to get to the graveyards and break the gates.

But the trouble didn't stop there. After a while I was able to use a salamander to clear the traps on the other side of the lava moat, a quick bridge build and imp drop claimed the stone bridge. Then when the patrol was on one side I took out the opposite Hero Gate, waited and repeated on the other side. Mopped up the patrol and then had a look with sight of evil inside the keep... The problem with that many high level fairies is stun. If I attack head on my creatures will spend all their time on the floor and die. So naturally it was only the very strongest, the most loyal, the bravest of my creatures that won the day for me. Yes, my Imps. They stormed the keep, captured the temple, and I sold what I could. Everyone else, to pay for their cowardace was forced to pray to me as their omnipotent overlord. This surge in mana allowed me to use turncoat and thunderbolt to end the Fairy Oracle and all of her kin.

49/88

I bow for your playskill and understanding of the game, good strategy there. :)

Bodsda
October 29th, 2022, 00:43
Whynots Overlords - This level was challenging. For the first 80% or so the issue wasn't the enemy creatures, it was micro-managing my own. I may have gone a bit heavy on the old conversions and it seems I had about 60 seconds of calm between either needing to feed the bastards or pay them.

After finally reaching the northern corner keeps, everyone died. Lvl9/10 Royal Guards are really bulky. In the end I needed to trap the central room pretty heavily and have almost all of my leftover creatures in the temple to keep my mana high enough to run my traps.

A nice challenge, I would probably play it differently if I redid the level

50/88

MagicHands01
October 31st, 2022, 08:52
So far, I've tried anything to get it working...but still...can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I installed the custom maps in the right directory and made a new shortcut to play the first level Abbey Road.
I double click, the screen goes black and then i'm kicked out.

https://freeimage.host/i/blEHBV

Does anyone knows what i'm doing wrong?

Bodsda
October 31st, 2022, 09:28
So far, I've tried anything to get it working...but still...can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I installed the custom maps in the right directory and made a new shortcut to play the first level Abbey Road.
I double click, the screen goes black and then i'm kicked out.

https://freeimage.host/i/blEHBV

Does anyone knows what i'm doing wrong?

You're using the GOG version, so instead of
DKII.exe you need
DKII-DX.exe

Bodsda
October 31st, 2022, 09:32
"If you wanted to up the difficulty"...
Or give the player a reasonable lair at the start, then make
the lair unavailable for him (that’s you) ;) so you can’t sell
Nemesis lair. (I could even make triggers so every time
you claim his lair it will be altered to be owned by Nemesis):cool:

"have Nemesis go for your dungeon heart after you've put 10 creature or something in his dungeon as punishment for a failed invasion."
That's a good idea, but I think that you would have used spells and make them fight amongst themselves :rolleyes:

Did you catch the Monk ?

I don't think I caught the monk, no. Was something going to happen if I did?

Bodsda
October 31st, 2022, 09:38
Whynots_Oh'MyGod - This was a nice, short map. No real troubles.

When I breached into the central Hero section for the first time, it seemed that all of the enemies came from the East. I'm not sure if the Western gate wasn't working, or if it was and all of it's spawned parties went round clockwise. Although thinking about it it could also be because a group of monks just stopped at about the 5 o'clock point and I didn't kill them until I had finished claiming the circle.

The trap line spawning high level Elven Archers was a nice surprise. I lost a vampire or two to that group. The three Princes/LOTL didn't pose a problem.

This would make a nice skirmish map if it was rotated to be an East/West map and the trap line added to the other side as well.

51/88

MagicHands01
October 31st, 2022, 09:43
You're using the GOG version, so instead of
DKII.exe you need
DKII-DX.exe

Thx a lot. It works. Stupid i didn't notice this exe file earlier

Bodsda
October 31st, 2022, 10:05
Thx a lot. It works. Stupid i didn't notice this exe file earlier

Glad it worked. Hope you enjoy the levels, Whynotsian has done a brilliant job with them

Whynotsian
October 31st, 2022, 11:01
I don't think I caught the monk, no. Was something going to happen if I did?

Yes, he is carrying the portal gem, you won, you only missed that you killed him. :rolleyes:

"Glad it worked. Hope you enjoy the levels, Whynotsian has done a brilliant job with them". Nice, thank you Bodsda. :)

Bodsda
October 31st, 2022, 12:22
Yes, he is carrying the portal gem, you won, you only missed that you killed him. :rolleyes:

"He probably died in the carnage around the dungeon heart.

Whynots Pacman - This level started off looking like it was going to be quite challenging. I opened three pathways to my dungeon, West, North and East. This was probably a mistake. After a while though I noticed that most of the parties would not fully venture to the doors near my dungeon heart. They would get most of the way there then turn back. This allowed me to peacefully train, deal with the odd Giant that wanted to come play, then eventually wait until there was a quiet period at the Norther stronghold and just assault it with full force.

Unfortunately the buggy AI kind of let down the LOTL on this one. He was woefully unprepared for my 17 Black Knights. :)

52/88

Bodsda
October 31st, 2022, 13:35
Whynots Phoenix - Another enjoyable level. Enemy invasiosn of increasingly higher level always pose the same problem, if they don't defeat you with the level 10s then you have conversion candidates that mean nothing else can beat you.

Trying to think of ways around this, perhaps the Hero parties containing anything over level 4 should have Die Instantly ticked. At least then you are only giving over corpses and not creatures. Either that or make the torture chamber unavailable.

Good fun though

53/88

Bodsda
November 1st, 2022, 09:04
Whynots Pilgrim - That was a fun map, after I twigged that I wasn't supposed to use the Monk to wage a one man war. The pit stops on the lava road where nicely spread out, just a tad too far to make it through to the next hatchery in one posession run, had to drop out to heal and reposess.

On my way back up the map I was able to largely ignore both the lava section and the caverns, just let the imps run wild, and then used my creatures to take out the Hero Gates and on to the LOTL.

54/88

Bodsda
November 2nd, 2022, 09:08
Whynots Prison Break - A nice striaghtforward map, little room to build but a nice surprise waiting for you just after the portal. The skeleton army was relentless, assuming you kill them all. If the AI gets a bit bugged they can end up standing around not doing anything allowing you all the time you need to bolster your army. The LOTL was quite the coward and kept running away from the fight so when I chased him I was then flanked by the repeated skeleton parties.

Good fun, nice quick map.

55/88

Bodsda
November 2nd, 2022, 11:05
Whynots_Phenomenon - Ok, some one was not being entirely fair with this level. A dungeon heart ambush... tut tut. I lost everything to that. Luckily I hadn't put all of my eggs into the conversion basket, I had a modest amount of Vampires so all was not lost. I was able to hold off the first-final invasion, then it was just funny watching the VoTL keep coming back and heading straight for his inevitable doom.

I really like Vampires as the LOTL, it makes it so it's not just one fight. I wonder though if a trigger could be set to give him a new party each time he's killed. Does the "killed" flag fire when a vampire dies who isn't on Lvl1?

56/88

Bodsda
November 2nd, 2022, 12:37
Whynots Reggies Revenge - It's always fun to play as the Good Guys, and as their were Hero's in the middle of this map that meant conversions that weren't going to make my creatures unhappy :)

Taking away the posession spell was mean. For some reason my creatures wouldn't attack the traps around the Dungeon Heart and I couldn't do it for them so half of them just spent their time stunned on the floor. There also seemed to be some trickery going on with Blue's crerature levels, I don't know if his creatures were uncapped in the Training Room or if they were given to him high level or if he just skirmished with the Heroes alot, but he was tougher than I expected.

Nice enjoyable level this one, inspired perhaps by the skirmish map with a similar spiral in the center.

57/88

Whynotsian
November 2nd, 2022, 13:26
Whynots_Phenomenon - Ok, some one was not being entirely fair with this level. A dungeon heart ambush... tut tut. I lost everything to that. Luckily I hadn't put all of my eggs into the conversion basket, I had a modest amount of Vampires so all was not lost. I was able to hold off the first-final invasion, then it was just funny watching the VoTL keep coming back and heading straight for his inevitable doom.

I really like Vampires as the LOTL, it makes it so it's not just one fight. I wonder though if a trigger could be set to give him a new party each time he's killed. Does the "killed" flag fire when a vampire dies who isn't on Lvl1?

56/88

I’m very fair, you certainly deserve to be punished by the Goodies, at least once or twice.;)

No that doesn’t work until he dies as level 1. (because he’s not dead, only in a state of limbo)
(That is, if “his” graveyard hasn’t been claimed or destroyed, obviously)
But when he dies as level 1 there will be a new hero party with additionally vampires
(Unless this (level 10) vampire has a win trigger on him (and which says, no more H.P.))
I’ve tested this on my map “Transylvania”

I was thinking about the problem concerning killing the horny in “LordOfTheGems” map
I think that this will be the same issue in “Mythologica” where you play as horny, he will
be invulnerable, which off course isn’t fun, it’s like playing in God Mode.

And your next map to play, “Q” isn’t that good, made among the first I’ve made,
learning how to make maps, so you can skip that one, (you are allowed :cool:

Whynotsian
November 2nd, 2022, 13:33
Whynots Reggies Revenge - It's always fun to play as the Good Guys, and as their were Hero's in the middle of this map that meant conversions that weren't going to make my creatures unhappy :)

Taking away the posession spell was mean. For some reason my creatures wouldn't attack the traps around the Dungeon Heart and I couldn't do it for them so half of them just spent their time stunned on the floor. There also seemed to be some trickery going on with Blue's crerature levels, I don't know if his creatures were uncapped in the Training Room or if they were given to him high level or if he just skirmished with the Heroes alot, but he was tougher than I expected.

Nice enjoyable level this one, inspired perhaps by the skirmish map with a similar spiral in the center.

57/88
So you liked this one, it was made after a couple of beers a late friday, and never I returned thru the middle.:rolleyes:

Bodsda
November 3rd, 2022, 07:39
I’m very fair, you certainly deserve to be punished by the Goodies, at least once or twice.;)

No that doesn’t work until he dies as level 1. (because he’s not dead, only in a state of limbo)
(That is, if “his” graveyard hasn’t been claimed or destroyed, obviously)
But when he dies as level 1 there will be a new hero party with additionally vampires
(Unless this (level 10) vampire has a win trigger on him (and which says, no more H.P.))
I’ve tested this on my map “Transylvania”

I was thinking about the problem concerning killing the horny in “LordOfTheGems” map
I think that this will be the same issue in “Mythologica” where you play as horny, he will
be invulnerable, which off course isn’t fun, it’s like playing in God Mode.

And your next map to play, “Q” isn’t that good, made among the first I’ve made,
learning how to make maps, so you can skip that one, (you are allowed :cool:

What about if the Vampire's lair was blocked off by impenetrable rock, but the lair was also an AP. Could you have a trigger when AP-Lair was congregated by 1 creature, then an alter terrain to remove the wall, the AP-Lair to have a waypoint AP just outside the Lair that had a trigger to alter the wall back and spawn a new party that had the same kill player objective that the VoTL has.
The wall is there to make sure the only creature that can get to the lair is the Vampire by dying

I decided to give Whynots_Q_ a go. To be honest, I quite liked it as a skirmish map. It felt similar to swiss cheese and that campaign level where you fight for the Dark Angels favour. You can tell it's an early attempt though - all three AI Keepers got wiped out by Heroes and then the LOTL randomly appeared to attack me and got slaughtered in seconds. I don't think my creatures fought anything other than the LOTL

58/88

Bodsda
November 3rd, 2022, 07:49
Whynots Revolution - I decided that Vampires and Imps would be my only force for this one. Everyone else was a prayer slave. No invasions happened so I was free to take my time. I decided that Lvl4 Vampires probably wouldn't be enough so after a bout in the Training room I took them 2 at a time into the Combat Pit and kept them both alive until Lvl8. Did this to 10 Vampires before embarking on my Journey.

The first area was well designed with traps and wizards so my imps couldn't fully destroy the Hero Gates. After trying for a few minutes I let my Vampires loose and they quickly took out everything that moved. Needed Posession to deal with a few traps and check some doors before making it to the second area.

This one was straight forward, imps did all the heavy lifting followed by Turncoat and finally a Posession run to clear the traps.

The third area was just the Prince and once he was dealt with my Imps took the side Gates before any creatures spawned. Not sure if the triggers were wrong or if I got to them before a timer spawned them.

The fourth area was the most difficult, the fear traps, sentry's and lightning traps stalled my Imp assault. A slow-mo posession run took them all out though, as well as the Freeze traps, allowing me to claim the land and cover the water ready for my Vampire assault. I was wary of the monks but at Lvl6 they seemed to just run away scared when by group of what was now about 15 Vampires came running at them. No losses on my side.

The final room was claimed by my Imps before letting my Vampires feast on royalty.

59/88

Whynotsian
November 3rd, 2022, 08:52
What about if the Vampire's lair was blocked off by impenetrable rock, but the lair was also an AP. Could you have a trigger when AP-Lair was congregated by 1 creature, then an alter terrain to remove the wall, the AP-Lair to have a waypoint AP just outside the Lair that had a trigger to alter the wall back and spawn a new party that had the same kill player objective that the VoTL has.
The wall is there to make sure the only creature that can get to the lair is the Vampire by dying

Yes that's possible, but you have to open that trigger and add in the repeat tab how many times it should repeat or
choose "Always", this last is meant only for My pet dungeon and can cause a fast endless loop of actions until it crashes,
but sometimes it can work in singelplayer maps if there's a trigger that changes the actions happened, and then it starts
all over again. It's smart thinking but it takes a lot of testing and redo before it will work properly.
And if you do a change later on in a trigger (that have the Repeat tab active), then you must redo the repeat action again.
(All this have I done in the maps "The Riddle" and "VulcanRider").

But Whynot test it :)

Bodsda
November 3rd, 2022, 08:53
Whynots Rout 666 - I didn't realise that I was allied with Blue. I'd assumed the map was about crossing the Lava river and assaulting the other Dungeon, so I crept across with Imps and assaulted through the Combat Pit in the North-West. Haveing the LOTL permenantly stationed on tiles that I can cast Spells on was unfortunate for him. He lasted for less time then those initial Elven Archers that could hit my Dungeon Heart before I had a chance to even dig a tile.

Nice quick map that one.

60/88

Whynotsian
November 3rd, 2022, 08:58
You are fast and furious.. :cool:

Bodsda
November 3rd, 2022, 10:57
Whynots ShapeOfCards - Yay, difficulty settings! I appreciate the Doom reference in the difficulty settings, naturally I have to pick Nightmare.

I opted for a slow build, 2 portals means plenty of Vampire candidates so after getting the Library and researching create gold I had enough time to recruit a decent army of Vampires and Black Knights.

I started in the North-West and went clockwise. Both the northern fortresses fell without too many problems and gave some decent conversions. When I got to the south though things took a turn for the worse. No longer being on the winning end of North/South feature meant I took a lot of losses but in each corner it seemed only the initial parties were a concern. I don't think I ever saw reinforcements come in from the Hero Gates.

It took a bit of time, but victory was mine.

61/88

Bodsda
November 3rd, 2022, 14:02
Whynots Spooky - I think we know by know how much I hate timers. So my first play through was a dud, I was just scouting out everything the level seemed to have to offer, and I'm glad I did. There is an unlock requirement for a room type that you desperately need in order to win the level and there is also some inherent difficulty in a frontal assault.

With that room however, on my second playthrough, I was able to eliminate the reinforcement threat nice and early (as in <15 minutes). I then noticed that I could breach the room behind the dungeon heart with tremor and imps. A keen eye will then note that the KoTL does not wander with an entourage, they patrol separately and so it's possible to lure him away by himself. Since he's not immune to Lightning stun a small group of mid level Black Knights finished him off rather quickly.

I was able to finish with 30 minutes left on the timer.

62/88

Bodsda
November 4th, 2022, 08:13
Whynots Stargate - This was an interesting level, it pretends that you are allied but the win condition suggests otherwise.

The necessary path to get to the other portals forced you into a slower game play style which was nice, and somehow the Call To Arms spell was unusable despite being visible in the spell list. I wonder though, did I need to wait until I got the extra portals before I went for the win condition, or could I have gone for it straight away?

Nice map

63/88

Bodsda
November 4th, 2022, 09:32
Whynots Styx - These find the spells type levels are some of my favourites, not because of difficulty but because of the different playstyles they require.

Starting off, 1 creature, no portal, invasions and Lvl10 guardians of the gates. Just getting your Dungeon Heart safe is going to take a bit of time and careful management of your creatures health flower. No possession, no heal and no Call To Arms so your only tool for the first part of this level is the hand of evil.

Once I started making some headway into each of the progressively more difficult prison outposts we started gaining some momentum. The trick seems to be to deal with the enemies at the door, try not to rush in because as soon as you find the prisons and those Neutral creatures become yours, they become targets. Once you have Possession this tactic changes to run in passed the enemies, touch the prisons, drop out of possession and pick everyone up. Then you can mop up the outpost with everyone safe.

The ending caught me off Guard, royally. ;) The first RGoTL ended up in my torture chamber. I had planned to do the same to the second but just as my imps started dragging him back Horny came out. Not sure if the win con was conversion of 1 of them or having both off them down.

64/88

Whynotsian
November 4th, 2022, 13:29
”Stargate” Win condition kill the blue, if you kill the two Lotl the alliance between
red and blue will be breaked, it’s then easier to kill blue, but you can kill blue earlier
but don’t tell because the race must go on..:)

“Styx” Win con. claim the elite Rouge, a couple seconds later you will win.
Must change win con. now and then as a mapmaker must have some fun
making the players confused.:confused: Which level did Zachariah reach.

Now when you have reached the temple maps, I suggest start with Moon then Venus, Mars
Saturn, Jupiter and last the Sun, I guess that you’ve figured that already:cool:

Bodsda
November 4th, 2022, 14:31
”Stargate” Win condition kill the blue, if you kill the two Lotl the alliance between
red and blue will be breaked, it’s then easier to kill blue, but you can kill blue earlier
but don’t tell because the race must go on..:)

I don't remember seeing any LOTLs. And when I'd cleared the map I could drop a creature right on Blue's Dungeon Heart which suggests we were still allied. He wouldn't attack me either.

“Styx” Win con. claim the elite Rouge, a couple seconds later you will win.
Must change win con. now and then as a mapmaker must have some fun
making the players confused.:confused: Which level did Zachariah reach.

Hmm, I didn't ever purposefully go to get the Rogue but I had put a stone bridge over all the lava so if the wall was altered then I guess my imps could have run in there whilst I wasn't looking.

Zacariah got to Level 7.

Now when you have reached the temple maps, I suggest start with Moon then Venus, Mars
Saturn, Jupiter and last the Sun, I guess that you’ve figured that already:cool:

Oops, I didn't notice that, just played Jupiter and that was quite the challenege.

Whynots Temple Of Jupiter - This map was a little harder than most. You get given ample time to get a force together before the first invasion, but it's a North/South map so you will find yourself at a constant disadvantage.

Once the invasion path was trapped I was able to forget about it. I think perhaps there was some creature recruitment modifications on this level because my Combat Pit attracted no Black Knights, my Library attracted no Warlocks and my Workshop attracted no Bile Demons. For a while I was a Goblin army plus the two Elites.

Eventually, and I do mean eventually, I cleared the rivers of lava and began assaulting the fortress. But things only got worse. Lvl9/10 Guards and Royal guards, with Fairies are a force to be reckoned with. I lost everything pretty much, including everything I had freed on my way there. By the time I got Zacariah he was my only high level creature.

Then comes the twist. You can't defend from this assault without first assaulting and killing those that dwell in the temple. Luckily I was able to capture the room, sell it and then get to work on it with spells and Zacariah just as the invasion was smashing through my early game trap defense. Once I had achieved victory in the temple, it was only a matter of time and mana before the King fell.

65/88

I guess I'll go do Moon now

Whynotsian
November 4th, 2022, 15:22
”Stargate” When one of your creatures congregate into the portal
far up to the right the Lotl and his hero party will spawn and
for the left portal there must be a blue creature congregating
for that Lotls party to be spawning. If you then kill these Lotl’s
and only then the Break of the alliance will happen.

“Styx” You are faster than your own eyes:rolleyes:

“Jupiter” That’s ok. You have to go out there and find them, Goblins is good.
I see, for once I nearly manage to kill you, oh it feels Good to be Mad ;) (Halloween)
Ah you figured out The Jupiter Temple quest, I hope that you didn’t panicked when the
two Stone knights started to slooowly move towards your heart.

Good speed :)

Bodsda
November 7th, 2022, 09:27
”Stargate” When one of your creatures congregate into the portal
far up to the right the Lotl and his hero party will spawn and
for the left portal there must be a blue creature congregating
for that Lotls party to be spawning. If you then kill these Lotl’s
and only then the Break of the alliance will happen.

Ah, so I probably found my LOTL but not Blue's because he never claimed his other portal, I did.

I see, for once I nearly manage to kill you, oh it feels Good to be Mad ;) (Halloween)
Ah you figured out The Jupiter Temple quest, I hope that you didn’t panicked when the
two Stone knights started to slooowly move towards your heart.

This was certainly one of the closest calls I've had so far, yeah.

Whynots Temple Of The Moon - The trick to these levels seems to be defense and good micro of Imps. With the trap layout though it is necessary to either assault with creatures or use posession to do a couple of run rounds destroying traps, especially freeze, spike and lightning traps. Imps hate them, sentry's aren't as big of a problem - high level imps mainly ignore them.

Once I had breached and claimed the outer layer things became a bit easier. Incursions less frequent and more likely to happen because my imps invited a follower back to my dungeon. Methodically working my way around we eventually claimed everything and then stormed the keep. No troubles.

66/88

Bodsda
November 7th, 2022, 09:32
Whynots Temple Of Venus - I accidentally breached into the water early on, I thought this would be an irritating mistake but by chance I seem to have breached in the same location that the invasions were going to come through anyway. The invasion parties were reasonably well levelled, and any party with a Fairy/Mistress Lvl4 and up is annoying due to stun. Luckily Zacariah could single handedly deal with everything that came in which also provided him with some useful training that would see him eventually get to Lvl9.

Same deal as before, breach the outer gate, send in the imps and Micro until the Hero Gates are down. Zacariah to manage traps and this time I got my prisoners out. I didn't use any other creatures, deliberately, for the whole level. Fairies coupled with high level Guarda and Royal Guards were the only real threat. Stun doesn't effect those possessed though so that made things easier.

The final temple room was less problematic then the others.

67/88

Bodsda
November 7th, 2022, 13:10
Whynots Temple Of Mars - This is the most straightforward of the Temples so far.

After finding the second portal it became apparent that I was dealing with Blue keeper. He didn't rebuild the bridge after I sold it so we were not going to be on the defensive. It appeared that one Hero Gate was set to come for us, and one for him. I quickly shut down the one for me and left the other. I was free to train. But it seems I was also limited in creature count. Despite having 2 portals I was at 13 creatures.

Blue had 3 portals I think, so this was never going to be a fair fight. I decided to take the fight to him after dealing with his Hero Gate. I was definitely out matched in terms of creature count and level, so I decided to take the little entrance room and set it up as a death trap. Plenty of sentrys and lightning traps, with my creatures stationed behind them. This created essentially a conversion portal for me. Everything that came in got killed, captured and converted.

After a while it was clear Blue had nothing left of substantial value so I set the Call To Arms on his Dungeon Heart and let my minions loose.

68/88

Whynotsian
November 7th, 2022, 13:49
Whynots Temple Of Mars - This is the most straightforward of the Temples so far.

After finding the second portal it became apparent that I was dealing with Blue keeper. He didn't rebuild the bridge after I sold it so we were not going to be on the defensive. It appeared that one Hero Gate was set to come for us, and one for him. I quickly shut down the one for me and left the other. I was free to train. But it seems I was also limited in creature count. Despite having 2 portals I was at 13 creatures.

Blue had 3 portals I think, so this was never going to be a fair fight. I decided to take the fight to him after dealing with his Hero Gate. I was definitely out matched in terms of creature count and level, so I decided to take the little entrance room and set it up as a death trap. Plenty of sentrys and lightning traps, with my creatures stationed behind them. This created essentially a conversion portal for me. Everything that came in got killed, captured and converted.

After a while it was clear Blue had nothing left of substantial value so I set the Call To Arms on his Dungeon Heart and let my minions loose.

68/88

”Venus”
I must confess this one is quite easy, first I thought of having a (none elite) Black Knight
instead of the elite D.A. but I liked the need of not having to leave possession, a little bit too much.:)

“Mars”
That’s a good strategy.
I convert the giants that walks towards the Blue and then
I use the hero party’s aiming for me, to train up “my” giants.
This way the blue doesn’t get levels for free, for his creatures, win-win.

Bodsda
November 7th, 2022, 17:31
”Venus”
I must confess this one is quite easy, first I thought of having a (none elite) Black Knight
instead of the elite D.A. but I liked the need of not having to leave possession, a little bit too much.:)

There is something quite fun in possessing a Dark Angel, especially if you get them high enough to summon Skeletons :)

“Mars”
That’s a good strategy.
I convert the giants that walks towards the Blue and then
I use the hero party’s aiming for me, to train up “my” giants.
This way the blue doesn’t get levels for free, for his creatures, win-win.

I prefer to train in the combat pit at 400% speed, otherwise I usually end up forgetting about them and eventually one dies in the water. Given the repeating invasions though I guess you could convert a stronger force than blue and attack this level thaat way as well.

Bodsda
November 7th, 2022, 17:34
Whynots Temple Of Saturn - Not giving me a bridge made this one slightly more challenging, but having Giants as the prisoners meant I had a possession candidate to go across the lava and take out the traps. If not for them I'd have to use converted fairies.

Same deal as before, imp micro, posession for traps, work your way in.

69/88

Bodsda
November 7th, 2022, 17:36
Whynots Temple Of The Sun - And that rounds out the Temple levels. No surprise invasion like on Jupiter so this one can follow our normal formula of imp micro working our way in, converts, posession for traps and eventuall claim the whole map.

With the exception of defending my portal and possession for traps I didn't use any creatures for fighting in the whole level. I did have 24 heroes praying too me at all times to generate the mana for my never ending imp invasion though :)

Great maps, Jupiter was the hardest, Mars was the easiest, in my opinion.

70/88

Whynotsian
November 7th, 2022, 18:59
Whynots Temple Of The Sun - And that rounds out the Temple levels.

Great maps, Jupiter was the hardest, Mars was the easiest, in my opinion.

Thank you Bodsda.:)
(after this it's prohibited to have more than, say five or less praying in the temple,
by the way, did you know that Wizards are excelent at pray.):cool:

When you come to "The Labyrinth", please don't start by take a peek in the editor.

Bodsda
November 8th, 2022, 16:23
Thank you Bodsda.:)
(after this it's prohibited to have more than, say five or less praying in the temple,
by the way, did you know that Wizards are excelent at pray.):cool:

Ok, no problem :)

Yeah, they have a significantly higher base mana prroduction from praying then Warlocks do. 120:85

When you come to "The Labyrinth", please don't start by take a peek in the editor.
I'm not routinely looking at them before playing but yeah I'll make sure I see nothing of Labyrinth before I start

Bodsda
November 9th, 2022, 08:18
Whynots The Guardian - Another nice level, and something a little different. Instead of being against Heroes OR Keepers you have to work your way through defensive lines of both.

Stage 1 was nice and easy and provided me with a fair few conversions, I got 9 of the Elven Archers and a few Giants. Because the Giants don't patrol you can easily drop an imp behind them to deal with the Hero Gate before taking them out, or you can keeping converting them and they'll keep spawning.

Stage 2 was keeper time, Nothing out of the ordinary here, this keeper didn't have to long to build and his Dungeon HEart was easily accessible so he fell quite quickly.

Stage 3 was prison break time. Sometimes I've found I can't pickup creatures that are "mine" in a prison I haven't captured, and other times I can't. Not sure which settings controls this but on this level I could pick them up immediately. Plenty more Elven Archers here for conversion.

Stage 4 a slightly tougher Keeper but by this point I was overwhelming with conversions so he didn't really stand a chance.

Stage 5 was a well designed little outpost. I particularly liked how I couldn't claim the sides without first breaking out the Rogues.

Stage 6 saw me use posession to deal with this invisible Thiefs and take out the traps and Wizards. I think this point was where we got the bridges, which were no longer needed :)

The final outpost looked like it would be more of a challenge, but as there was no invasion pressure on any of the other stages I was able to take my time to train and convert. The West side fell quickly and then as I was working my way to the middle the LOTL came out and got himself killed.

I notice though, looking at the map now, that there were stone knights on this one. And I remember getting Summon Horny. Not sure if I missed a trigger or if the LOTL dies too quick but I never saw those guys and never needed Horny.

71/88

Bodsda
November 9th, 2022, 08:24
Whynots The Labyrinth - I wasted so much time looking for a trigger to get the bridge...

I mined everything on my side of the river before I resigned myself to running round that maze. Although you can't claim anything over there the gold seams provide a dirt tile after you dig them out, and you can drop imps on dirt so by tagging gold I was able to map out the maze, trigger most of the invasion parties and find my prisoners.

After dealing with those threats I used a Dark Angel to wander around and kill off the defending Wizards and Elven Archers before finding the door.

Lvl10 King Reg hits hard, 2 or 3 hits can take out a possessed Lvl8 Dark Angel and out of posession the DA is more likely to retreat than fight, even when constantly healed. So I had to dance around him in posession until he finally fell. I think he took about 3 hits per petal. Was quite the touch and go fight.

In hindsight I should have gathered a possession party to go and take him out. That would have worked a lot better.

72/88

Whynotsian
November 9th, 2022, 09:15
“The Guardian”
It was a clever way to break it down like this.

“Stage3”, That’s depending on whom is the owner of the prison and
if I make the prisoned act as dropped or not and I make this different
from map to map

Stone Knights come seconds after you win, they are from me to you
to show the point of continuing after you win.:)

“The Labyrinth”
The meaning of life, “running round that maze”.
Smart move to use tagging the gold to “map out the maze”,
there’s no other way besides taking a peek in the editor.;)
A possession party, that I found out, after I made the map
and after that I’ve played it.

Bodsda
November 9th, 2022, 10:27
Stone Knights come seconds after you win, they are from me to you
to show the point of continuing after you win.:)

Ah, I see. I didn't notice that. I don't usually play on after the cut scene.

Bodsda
November 9th, 2022, 10:30
Whynots The Sphinx - Another different map. No winding hallways or long treks to the other side, this time you have to fight for all of your rooms.

I made the mistake of breaching too many doors before I had dealt with the main room minions, luckily I was able to use the Elite Black Knight to take them out in possession. If I didn't have him then it would have been much more difficult.

The room placement clearly had some thought put into it. Library, Training Room and Prison available first makes sense.

Good fun

73/88

Bodsda
November 9th, 2022, 15:35
Whynots The Wizard Of Oz - Those. Damn. Dwarves

I was not expecting them to give me as much trouble as they did. I mismanaged my creatures a lot on this map I feel. It's quite large, and windy, and the walk back from the top to the bottom takes longer than my creatures were happy with. Everytime they would fight on the frontlines they would then be bitching and moaning by the time they got back to the dungeon.

Eventually I was able to make it through. Silly DoTL was not as invincible as he thought and died pretty quickly to Lightning stun and Black Knights.

Good map

74/88

Bodsda
November 9th, 2022, 16:18
Whynots ToyMan - This was an odd level, much quicker than I expected.

Dig up, clear the traps outside the door, replace them with your own. Open the door and wait for the DoTL then Lightning stun him until your traps kill him. Job done.

75/88

Bodsda
November 10th, 2022, 09:55
Whynots Transylvania - A challenging map this one. You are on the wrong side of the North/South bug and will face continuous invasions from mid level Vampires. I tried a few different strategies on this one.

Mass traps didn't work because you spend too much time trying to micro manufacturing and not enough time training defenders.

I also tried building extra pathways from the invasion points to my Dungeon Heart to try and funnel the invaders to the same defensive choke point. I think there must be a waypoint on the North end though as they almost always ignored this quicker path.

In the end I settled on handling the first few invasions by hand whilst waiting for my warlocks to research. My black knights were trained in the thrills of live combat as opposed to the pit, but nevertheless they did reasonably well. Assaulting the side invasion points will put a stop to most of the invasions leaving you to defend just the middle. Once we were at this point the level was just a matter of time.

76/88

Edit: Just seen the map file and noticed I missed something. I didn't get the zoom I don't think, perhaps because I was in possession at the time?

Whynotsian
November 10th, 2022, 12:26
”The Sphinx”
At first, I thought that this map was too hard, but after played it couple of times,
I liked it because it was balanced enough, which is important.

“The Wizard Of Oz”
Yes this one was perhaps a little too big of a map, just because I wanted too
make room for the “painted” Wizards hats and figures, but it was fun
painting it. The dwarfs I made a little stronger so that the wizard of Oz
wouldn’t die too easily. (That’s until Bodsda came along);)

“ToyMan”
It’s a smaller map, and for those that doesn’t build a small graveyard,
they will not see the day of light.:cool:

“Transylvania”
This one is a smaller variation of “Life On Mars”, by painting.
And also as the way of “MysteryTour”, by strategy.
Taking the best from two worlds.
You shouldn’t reveal “hints” like this, it’s not fair to the creator.:)
But I don’t understand... “I didn’t get the zoom I don’t think”,
I must have missed that, what it is, too.:confused:

Bodsda
November 10th, 2022, 12:35
”The Sphinx”
At first, I thought that this map was too hard, but after played it couple of times,
I liked it because it was balanced enough, which is important.

“The Wizard Of Oz”
Yes this one was perhaps a little too big of a map, just because I wanted too
make room for the “painted” Wizards hats and figures, but it was fun
painting it. The dwarfs I made a little stronger so that the wizard of Oz
wouldn’t die too easily. (That’s until Bodsda came along);)

“ToyMan”
It’s a smaller map, and for those that doesn’t build a small graveyard,
they will not see the day of light.:cool:

“Transylvania”
This one is a smaller variation of “Life On Mars”, by painting.
And also as the way of “MysteryTour”, by strategy.
Taking the best from two worlds.
You shouldn’t reveal “hints” like this, it’s not fair to the creator.:)
But I don’t understand... “I didn’t get the zoom I don’t think”,
I must have missed that, what it is, too.:confused:

No worries, I'll take the hint off :)

The zoom. There is a flag in the map file, based on the side graveyards being captured. When you have all 3 a piece of terrain is altered and a "zoom to" is supposed to happen to show you what just changed.

Whynotsian
November 10th, 2022, 12:54
No worries, I'll take the hint off :)

The zoom. There is a flag in the map file, based on the side graveyards being captured. When you have all 3 a piece of terrain is altered and a "zoom to" is supposed to happen to show you what just changed.

Ah I see, furtherst down in the south there's a "tile" of impenetrable rock that will change to lava,
so you can claim the elite dark angel, just for fun, if you didn't get him then you haven't missed him.

Bodsda
November 10th, 2022, 12:54
Whynots Trilogy (TheEnd) - Another nice play on difficulty settings for this map. I wasn't aware of it before I started and just by chance I took on the right most keeper. I assume that I got the Elite DA for my troubles but I didn't actually seen when he appeared.

After the Keeper was dealt with it took a little while to take out the 4 rooms surrounding the Kings hideout. The spawned creatures were mid-high level and the patrolling parties were particularly annoying. Once it was done I prepared my forces for the final assault, set the flag and jumped in feet first. Everyone died... I had some 30+ conversions to bolster the forces from my 2 portals. When the mist cleared I saw the king was still standing. Unfortunately for him though he was standin on my tiles and he had 2 petals left. He died to Lightning.

Good fun this one

77/88

Whynotsian
November 10th, 2022, 13:12
Whynots Trilogy (TheEnd) - Another nice play on difficulty settings for this map. I wasn't aware of it before I started and just by chance I took on the right most keeper. I assume that I got the Elite DA for my troubles but I didn't actually seen when he appeared.

After the Keeper was dealt with it took a little while to take out the 4 rooms surrounding the Kings hideout. The spawned creatures were mid-high level and the patrolling parties were particularly annoying. Once it was done I prepared my forces for the final assault, set the flag and jumped in feet first. Everyone died... I had some 30+ conversions to bolster the forces from my 2 portals. When the mist cleared I saw the king was still standing. Unfortunately for him though he was standin on my tiles and he had 2 petals left. He died to Lightning.

Good fun this one

77/88

Haha, That's the way aha, I like it, like it...
This map has the other keepers bug, or what i should call it, sometimes they give up
and do nothing, ending up as level ones. Not all three of them, so before I choose
which door I will smash down, I use the spell sight of evil to take a look at their hearts
to see which I will not attack, I choose the one that's still making it worth fighting.
this bug doesn't happen every time.

There's a elite creature coming thru the enemys portal when you killed him,
diiferent one for each keeper you kill, this is a "gift" from the Gods :rolleyes:

Bodsda
November 11th, 2022, 10:10
Whynots Twin Peaks - Nothing too challening here. A calm start, small invasion parties and some high level patrols that can be convinced to turn on themselves. It's more a case of slowly plodding along because rushing in would invariably lead to excessive losses.

There was more than enough gold to allow this defensive play style, especially once you get to Giant country. The final rooms were a bit of a mystery but I guess the level name should have given me a clue.

78/88

Bodsda
November 11th, 2022, 14:00
Whynots_The_Terror(ist) - This was quite a long level. The first time I tried this I didn't find the Neutral creatures, rushed the portal and regretted it. The second time I played more conservatively. Took each portal one at a time and trained in between each one. Eventually, after taking down all of those and finding the hidden tunnels to get towards the end I found the RoTL. He foolishly did not have a protection detail and fell quickly, but then the next RoTL was a bit more challening. Had I not been training throughout the lvel I think I would have been underprepared, especially given the trap situation. On the other hand he didn't travel with anything overly offensive so who knows, maybe I would have survived.

79/88

Bodsda
November 11th, 2022, 15:06
Whynots_UnderTheSpell - This was a fun level, could see this being a skirmish map.

I initially opted for the Monk because Heroes are generally weaker so offer more of a challenge. Managed to get the central portal without too much of an issue and learned that the portal limits are grouped, not specific to their type. Anyway, I built up a reasonable force but couldn't be bothered going above training room level. I claimed accross no mans land and tunneled up to Blue's Dungeon Heart. A quick Tremor, Call To Arms and drop my creatures, he was dead rather quickly.

Then the DAoTL showed up and was clearly heading for me. So rinse and repeat with Call to Arms to defend and he also died quite quickly.

79/88

Whynotsian
November 11th, 2022, 15:41
”Twin Peaks”
Was done in between, the idea was to make wooden bridges
burn faster, but it didn’t work out that well, the enemy
burned as well.:rolleyes:

“The Terror(ist)”
In this one, to read the ReadMe file is essential, I don’t
even think it’s winnable otherwise, and yes it’s a slower map,
so that fast players learn to be careful with their creatures.:cool:

“UnderTheSpell”
Made “a long time ago”, when I was learning the portal way and as you pointed
out, the central one refuses to obey.:)

>to read the ReadMe file is essential, This goes for "VulcanRider" too, if not even more so

Bodsda
November 17th, 2022, 13:56
Whynots VulcanRider - A different concept for this map, get your small party from one side to the other. I have to confess, not my favourite level. I didn't finish it, got to a door with 2 fear traps and kept getting pushed out of posession meanwhile my creatures were complaining about not having a Lair and rebelling so I just sort of lost interest.

All the elements missing are the elements that I like about DK2, the rooms, the imps, the battles, the spells, the recruiting, the training.

80/88

Edit: Ok I felt bad about skipping this one and figured that I should make it to the finish. I found that I had skipped a room, that led to a room of Monks, that led to a room of guards, that led to a Vampire and another Lair tile. It also led me past the fear traps. From here I scouted Blue and decided I couldn't take him very quickly as 1 Lvl9 Salamander vs 2 portals worth of Heroes.

So follow the lava, I found a little trail behind a barricade that led to the last treasury. From there I found the end room, killed the wizards and Monks, then Fairies, Elven Archers and the Knight. I took my Vampire and Salamander, dropped them on the Hero Gate tiles and smashed through the door to victory.

Bodsda
November 18th, 2022, 15:00
Whynots_Valliants - Nice and easy, no real trouble here. Stay on your side, train, then take out the Hero Gates after you've got yourself a few Vampires. Move up and position yourself to attack Blue from the south. Build a big prison on this side of the Lava before attacking. Breach the south wall and kill everything that comes at you, immediately have your imps take them to the prison, then pick them up. Once that's done they should have no army and no reinforcements. Sell off everything but don't destroy the heart.

Build a small trap section with Sentry's and Lightning traps on your side of the Lava. About 3 each. Destroy the heart and then defend behind the traps. Use imps to slow down the Dark Angels so they arrive one at a time. They should die before they reach your traps.

81/88

Bodsda
November 18th, 2022, 16:32
Whynots Whisky Jar II - This one took a little longer. Nothing complicated, but a fair few opportunities for conversions, so I capitalised on that.

Nothing came to attack me on this map other than when I discovere the second portal, but after dealing with the Fairies and Giants it was nice and calm, allowing for training meant I was more than a match for everything that followed.

81/88

Whynotsian
November 22nd, 2022, 19:22
"Whynots Reborn"

Nice, now you’re in for a surprise
why, perhaps this time you’ll die
–Never, I could go on forever

Hard, of course, a murderous card
–Wow, I’ll put myself first in row
yes, this one is only for you I guess :rolleyes:

Bodsda
November 23rd, 2022, 15:14
"Whynots Reborn"

Nice, now you’re in for a surprise
why, perhaps this time you’ll die
–Never, I could go on forever

Hard, of course, a murderous card
–Wow, I’ll put myself first in row
yes, this one is only for you I guess :rolleyes:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jnnxfebsl96a8pc/Whynots+Reborn.zip/file

This is a new map, I've playtested it a couple of times..

This is an excellent map, the pacing is good, balance is good, restrictions are good, E/W as opposed to N/S is always nice. I liked the 3x1x1 boss thing.

There were 2 rooms I wanted that I couldn't have and at least 3 spells that I assume weren't available - I don't think I missed them.

The sheer number of Ranged attackers in the final keep, coupled with Royal Guards to block made it quite difficult to breach for my Lvl10 Dark Angel. The way I approached every battle was if I was assaulting then it was Dark Angel on his own being healed, if I was defending then everyone was called in. For the first half of the game I was on the back foot, fending off a repeated assault of Lvl8/9 enemies. There was just enough time to break the next location inbetween each assault but not much more.

Really enojyable, thanks!

82/89

Whynotsian
November 23rd, 2022, 15:52
You’re wellcome ;)

Metal Gear Rex
November 25th, 2022, 01:59
i started on a journey, this might take a while because i played abbey road for 3+ hours. I forgot that cta in vanilla was limited to 5 tiles, lost most of my creatures to blue and figured i could rebuild my army anyway, but no more creatures (portal closed?). still, 1 royal guard and 1 giant became lv10 and bros for life to take down the rest of the level, then i built a bunch of firebursts and lightning traps to deal with the invading hero creature parties with mana generated by an army of vampires

how did you get the mercenary portal to work? I can't even make one without the game crashing, let alone get one to have mercenaries to come through.

Quuz
November 25th, 2022, 11:53
i started on a journey, this might take a while because i played abbey road for 3+ hours. I forgot that cta in vanilla was limited to 5 tiles, lost most of my creatures to blue and figured i could rebuild my army anyway, but no more creatures (portal closed?). still, 1 royal guard and 1 giant became lv10 and bros for life to take down the rest of the level, then i built a bunch of firebursts and lightning traps to deal with the invading hero creature parties with mana generated by an army of vampires

how did you get the mercenary portal to work? I can't even make one without the game crashing, let alone get one to have mercenaries to come through.

Congratulations on starting this journey. I've spent a fair amount of time on these maps, too. But there are some really interesting ones out there.

All you need to make mercenaries come through the portal is to register them in the creature pool.

Metal Gear Rex
November 25th, 2022, 14:47
Congratulations on starting this journey. I've spent a fair amount of time on these maps, too. But there are some really interesting ones out there.

it's quite strange an experience, playing with more vanilla settings again of which i seem no longer used to (creatures can barely see and are so fearful), but also there is quite a difference in map making style.

All you need to make mercenaries come through the portal is to register them in the creature pool.

oh it's just putting them in the pool by hex editing the variables file? or something more than that? i tried it and couldn't get results. fixed the crash i was getting, think i screwed something up on my end with modifying terrain or room kwds, using vanilla 1.7 it worked but yeah still no mercenaries.

Whynotsian
November 25th, 2022, 15:13
oh it's just putting them in the pool by hex editing the variables file? or something more than that? i tried it and couldn't get results. fixed the crash i was getting, think i screwed something up on my end with modifying terrain or room kwds, using vanilla 1.7 it worked but yeah still no mercenaries.

Hope this might be helpful..

/Whynot

Metal Gear Rex
November 25th, 2022, 18:44
Hope this might be helpful..
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xqusdpqrzu8cu64/Hero+Portals.zip/file

hm, according to this and another thread by hapuga and dragonslover that it's impossible to really do globals with mercenary portal, like the game just doesn't like it, not sure if it's fixable without modifying the exe itself or not. unfortunate for my purposes. i suppose it would still be possible to make other configuration changes by modifying the kwd files inside the editor folder.

thanks for the link

Quuz
November 26th, 2022, 11:35

It works for the player. Heroes will come through the normal portal. However, they have room requirements turned on. And in order for the creature to come you have to fulfill them. The mercenary portal can be emulated by painting the texture of the evil portal with the texture of the mercenary portal through triggers.

Metal Gear Rex
November 26th, 2022, 17:28
It works for the player. Heroes will come through the normal portal. However, they have room requirements turned on. And in order for the creature to come you have to fulfill them. The mercenary portal can be emulated by painting the texture of the evil portal with the texture of the mercenary portal through triggers.

oh so you're not using the actual mercenary portal function but a normal portal, yeah that works too. they don't come through with their mercenary skin do they?

Rox
December 30th, 2022, 12:19
"Whynots Reborn"

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jnnxfebsl96a8pc/Whynots+Reborn.zip/file

This is a new map, I've playtested it a couple of times..

Thanks for that. I love it! :)

Whynotsian
January 4th, 2023, 16:45
Thanks for that. I love it! :)

Thank You Rox :)

All Along The Dungeon Hallway
I Run Back And Forth
And Never Will I Stay

All 'n All From South To North
What Else Can I Say
The Road Was Short But Worth

/Whynot

Rox
January 22nd, 2023, 10:08
Thank You Rox :)

Card Of Clubs #97
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rkvxe24trh3bxze/Whynots+Card+Of+Clubs.zip/file

Card Of Spades #98
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3kbq3p5ec9qty7s/Whynots+Card+Of+Spades.zip/file

Card Of Diamonds #99
https://www.mediafire.com/file/yopur91vxr0txak/Whynots+Card+Of+Diamonds.zip/file

Card Of Hearts #100
https://www.mediafire.com/file/skjmguzjfh7boq7/Whynots+Card+Of+Hearts.zip/file

I had wished for another 88 cards for the start of 2023. But these four maps are already a good start. I will test them right away. :):):)

Whynotsian
April 1st, 2023, 10:28
Here's something new...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j8wmfzduuxwgf0f/Whynots+DK2+Bonus+Maps+x3.zip/file

This 3 ”bonus” maps was made just for fun, for true DK2 fans (me :)
but only one download per person allowed, due to heavy network usage

Sorry, this file is no more. It has ceased to be!, It's expired and gone to meet its maker!
…and is now included in the downloadable 121 maps zip-file :cool: /Whynot

Quuz
April 4th, 2023, 14:15
Here's something new...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j8wmfzduuxwgf0f/Whynots+DK2+Bonus+Maps+x3.zip/file

Unexpectedly great! I'll definitely have a look )

Whynotsian
May 6th, 2023, 10:16
Here's a second "Bonus" 3 maps :cool:
I think the maps should be played in this order (but it's not mandatory ;)
First The Matrix, then The Ancient and last The Arrival

Please look for the downloadable 121 maps zip-file /Whynot

Rox
May 7th, 2023, 16:49
Here's something new...

I love your maps. They are just awesome! :p

Whynotsian
May 8th, 2023, 20:43
I love your maps. They are just awesome! :p

Thanks Rox and I think you might be onto something here ;)

Rox
May 9th, 2023, 17:41
Here's a second "Bonus" 3 maps :cool:
I think the maps should be played in this order (but it's not mandatory ;)
First The Matrix, then The Ancient and last The Arrival

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8ysnsoticdofm00/DK2+3+Maps.zip/file

WOW!!!! :)

You are the greatest and the best.

Unfortunately, Charles III was crowned king. If I had become king, I would make you the house and court supplier of DKII maps. :p

Post Scriptum: But the dwarf invasion in "Whynot's The MatrixMap" is perhaps a bit too bad. :p :p :p :p :p

Whynotsian
June 3rd, 2023, 16:04
WOW!!!! :)

You are the greatest and the best.

Unfortunately, Charles III was crowned king. If I had become king, I would make you the house and court supplier of DKII maps. :p

Post Scriptum: But the dwarf invasion in "Whynot's The MatrixMap" is perhaps a bit too bad. :p :p :p :p :p

"Whynots The Mandalorian"
(Another "Movie" Map ;)

If You Need More Space,
This Is The Way...

…They are now included in the downloadable 121 maps zip-file /Whynot

Rox
June 4th, 2023, 15:09
The Lord of the Land preferred to leave his country dying. :p

The beginning was quite comfortable, but at the end it became a bit violent. ;););)

I've downloaded it yesterday. What's the problem?

Last edited by Whynotsian; Today at 08:34. Reason: minor fault in map???

Whynotsian
June 4th, 2023, 15:27
I've downloaded it yesterday. What's the problem?[/B]

Nothing important...
I forgot to remove the Reveal Map Special.
There's no point to reveal universe when NASA can't ;)
And I took the chance to make the Lord a little bit stronger

(Testplaying many times, it's easy to miss)

Rox
June 4th, 2023, 17:40
I forgot to remove the Reveal Map Special.
I was already wondering. :)

And I took the chance to make the Lord a little bit stronger
Level 17? :rolleyes:

Whynotsian
June 4th, 2023, 19:20
Level 17? :rolleyes:

Nah, there's to many "Jedi's" for my taste,
all at level 10 without one at level 1
(even the pro's makes misses, at least once :cool:

Quuz
June 7th, 2023, 21:06
I liked the Riddle series of maps. However, in part 2, there is a script error that prevents you from going further. After resurrecting the vampire, the bridge on the lava should open, but the meter of killed heroes does not count the death of the troll, because he is not a hero. Thus, the conditions are never fulfilled and the map is not passable without scripting changes.

Whynotsian
June 7th, 2023, 22:14
I liked the Riddle series of maps. However, in part 2, there is a script error that prevents you from going further. After resurrecting the vampire, the bridge on the lava should open, but the meter of killed heroes does not count the death of the troll, because he is not a hero. Thus, the conditions are never fulfilled and the map is not passable without scripting changes.

Thanks for liking my riddles Quuz, ;) but there's no script error :confused:

Be aware... This destroys the purpose of solving the Riddle :rolleyes:

First; When you killed 13 or more heroes (including the troll and vampires)
and killed the runing troll until you get a vampire, then you get
the bridges. (The troll is a "hero" here , he "belongs" to the hero party,
this was the easiest way to make him respawn and run to be killed)

Secondly; Before you get stuck again ;) try to kill the level 8 Salamander to get more
bridges, then claim the Temple and sacrifie the vampire
(and as I hinted in the ReadMe, Vampires Are Good To Get But No Good To Keep :cool:

Quuz
June 9th, 2023, 10:34
Yes, you are right. Indeed the troll is counted, but there is a bug. That's what got me stuck. The thing is that when the troll dies in the lava, opens the passage and imps drag his corpse to the graveyard. I had it so that the vampire resurrected and the troll stopped creating, although I have never killed a troll myself, and the counter for the bridge has not increased.

Whynotsian
June 9th, 2023, 11:55
;)
Please go to the downloadable 121 maps zip-file /Whynot

Whynotsian
June 11th, 2023, 11:08
"Whynots n'Evermoor"

The Jedi Obi-One KeNoobie
from the planet Coruscant
will fight to free the Mandalorians... :rolleyes:

Rox
June 12th, 2023, 22:15
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z4pbyrnofpzef5w/DK2+Whynots+n'Evermoor.zip/file
In Austria it's now 11:15 pm. I should go to bed.

BUT: There is a new map from you. :)

Whynotsian
June 13th, 2023, 08:01
In Austria it's now 11:15 pm. I should go to bed.

BUT: There is a new map from you. :)

Thank you Rox
Sorry, but I hope that it didn't keep you awake all night and that the map wasn't to easy ;)

Rox
June 15th, 2023, 19:49
Sorry, but I hope that it didn't keep you awake all night
Sleep is overrated. :D

In the beginning Whynotsian created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Whynotsian moved upon the face of the waters. And Whynotsian said, Let there be light: and there was light. And Whynotsian saw the light, that it was good: and Whynotsian divided the light from the darkness. And Whynotsian called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

This is what the Bible says (almost) word for word. :p

Whynotsian
June 23rd, 2023, 08:56
It's time for a trigger happy, action map... ;)
"Whynots The Riddle Rox" :cool:

Updated..

Please read the ReadMe, see..

There was a bug that makes the mana go weird, down to zero.

I made it so when vampires enter either the graveyard
or the portal the lava/graveyard altered accordingly,
but the graveyard always ended up to be owned by "Player"
it can't be made owned by "Good" :confused:, so I had to make the
"Change room owner" as well, now the mana is functional :rolleyes:

Rox
June 24th, 2023, 17:26
Thank you Rox
Sorry, but I hope that it didn't keep you awake all night and that the map wasn't to easy ;)

No, it wasn't to easy. But my dark angle level 10 almost died in the final fight. :bile_demon:

Whynotsian
June 24th, 2023, 17:59
No, it wasn't to easy. But my dark angle level 10 almost died in the final fight. :bile_demon:

Isn't that balanced or what, my map stood up for the test when you (Dark Angel) ;) survived.
I know that you are a true DK 2 fan and that you like my maps, so much that you want 88 more :rolleyes:
But I give you a personal map from me to you, the last one I will make, it's too much workarounds
because of all that ( :mad: ) bugs in the game making editor, test playing over and over again,
still a new bug arrives :D (the last one nearly killed me, but luckily I respawned).
You can always do as me the last twenty years or so, start all over playing them again :cool:

Thank you Rox for never giving up on my maps :lord: Whynot

Metal Gear Rex
June 26th, 2023, 06:11
bugs in the game making editor, test playing over and over again,
still a new bug arrives :D

What kind of bugs do you encounter? It'd probably be nice to have a list somewhere of known bugs.

Rox
July 8th, 2023, 14:20
I know that you are a true DK 2 fan and that you like my maps, so much that you want 88 more :rolleyes:
Yes, I like your maps, but only the "normal" ones. The riddle cards are not my cup of tea.

So now there are three rock balls. What do I have to do?

Whynotsian
July 8th, 2023, 18:17
Yes, I like your maps, but only the "normal" ones. The riddle cards are not my cup of tea.

So now there are three rock balls. What do I have to do?

Slap, slap :cool:

First; save game before entering this ballroom
Second; slap one of the "balls" :rolleyes:, let it roll
Third; try to slap it down the lava pit
Forth; if you misses you have two more
Fifth; if you misses with all, then you have your save
(This boulder thing game, miniature golf, was an idea I got from original DK2)

To answer the first, last, I know that you like the "normal" ones more
so I have made this file which includes all of my maps, I've also including
a map that I've never finished, "Bzzzt The Firefly", left in my "library",
so I finished this "normal" map, so that the total would end up with a round
figure of 121 maps.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l2kwx64luxydapp/Whynots+121+SinglePlayer+Maps.zip/file

Hope you will enjoy this, Rox ;) (and anyone else for that matter)
/Whynot

Rox
July 16th, 2023, 19:04
...so that the total would end up with a round figure of 110 maps.

It cannot and must not end with 110. Now you have to round up to 1000. There are "only" 890 maps still missing.

So it would be good if you started soon. :)

A poem about one of the greatest heroes in DKII history.

In the depths of Dungeon Keeper's realm, a master of design,
Whynotsian's the name, the world's greatest cartographer of its kind.
With skill and vision unmatched, his talent shines bright,
As the finest DKII map-maker, he fills us with delight.

In every corner and winding path, his creations unfold,
Unique realms of wonder, captivating and bold.
Each step we take, guided by his skilled hand,
Through Whynotsian's maps, we conquer and expand.

His worlds are a marvel, filled with secrets to explore,
With cleverly placed traps and treasures to adore.
Each journey embarked unveils a thrilling quest,
Thanks to Whynotsian's creations, we're truly blessed.

His talent knows no bounds, his imagination soars high,
Crafting landscapes of magic, deep in earth far away from the sky.
Dungeon Keeper 2 comes alive, with Whynotsian's touch,
A master of map-making, revered by all as such.

Let us celebrate his works, crafted with passion and grace,
Transporting us to realms that forever leave a trace.
Whynotsian, the great map-maker, we salute and admire,
For the adventures you bestow, our praise will never tire.

May your maps continue to shine, with boundless artistry,
As the top DKII map-maker, your legacy for all to see.
Whynotsian, we applaud you, your talent unmatched,
Forever in our hearts, your maps will be etched.

890 realms yet to be formed, a grand endeavor,
Whynotsian's imagination knows no measure.
With dedication and skill, he tirelessly crafts,
Until the last world stands, his legacy that lasts.

As the yearning for more reaches its peak,
Fear not, for Whynotsian's artistry is unique.
With 890 maps on the horizon, soon to be unveiled,
The plea for more shall cease, as anticipation is quelled.

With each new world's unveiling, a crescendo nears,
The hunger for more shall dissipate, replaced by cheers.
For Whynotsian's vision, a masterpiece in the making,
Those 890 mapss will satiate our longing, awestruck and breathtaking.

So fret not, dear souls, as patience is required,
Whynotsian's creative prowess won't leave us uninspired.
In due time, the yearning shall find its sweet release,
As the 890 maps emerge, our longing shall find its peace.

I am sure that one day, when the heroes of this world are listed, the name Whynotsian will be mentioned first and loudest. :o

Whynotsian
July 16th, 2023, 21:48
It cannot and must not end with 110. Now you have to round up to 1000. There are "only" 890 maps still missing.

So it would be good if you started soon. :)

I am sure that one day, when the heroes of this world are listed, the name Whynotsian will be mentioned first and loudest. :o

A poem to humble answer the greatest poem in DKII history.

Rox, one of the old and renown, a poet to be like
ever in the history of keepers have there been alike
and still, he demands maps, more and lot of the same
please someone let him know, it’s just a faraway game

This will be written on my grave
for all to be gazed upon with awe
in these dungeons they lay to rest
those keepers, Rox among the best

Players who played over hundred maps
are now since long days gone to naps
they fought well and killed the King
over and over, and claimed everything

The greatest hero of them all, named Rox
exploring around in Whynot’s genius box
never will he give up nor will he surrender
I’ll pay his tribute and become his defender

From Whynot to Rox, I thank thee for time stayed
I thank thee for hours, days and nights thee played
but my work is ended, finished and are done
though my ideas were splendid, now vanished and gone

I salute your effort Rox, I applaud your persistence
and I humble bow for your herald of long sentences
to be appointed worthy by you in this manner
I go to sleep and dream, dream that I rise the banner

Thank you Rox

Rox
July 25th, 2023, 20:04
More and lot of the same? You had a lot of great ideas. Some maybe similar, but still wonderful and unique. William Shakespeare invented poems, but you, whynotsian, invented worlds. Wonderful, great DKII worlds. Who could blame me for wanting more of them? :)

If I may make a modest wish: Please don't stop creating DKII worlds forever. It's not meant to be a constraint, of course, but who seriously wants one of the greatest artists of his time to stop? Nor would anyone have said to Leonardo Da Vinci or Michelangelo, "Throw away your brush and stop painting!" :)

If it should end forever, then I thank you very much for the great DKII worlds you created. I had a lot of fun (and sometimes trouble) with them and spent many hours exploring your worlds and overcoming your imagined challenges.

All this carried by the hope that it was not yet or not forever the end. :) :p

Your greatest fan

Rox

Whynotsian
July 26th, 2023, 16:11
Very well written Rox
Thanks

A man called Rox from Germany
mastered them all, most certainly
Then he sound the alarms
and placed call to arms
whynot believe so, with certainty
-

“More and lot of the same?” :rolleyes:
When you have eleven different tiles to “paint” with,
some three seldom used and a couple of rooms.
Sixteen heroes, some seldom used and those hero party’s,
Then there’s not much to work with, you are bound to
make maps similar, so it will be, but after up to 128 flags,
16 timers, 81 action points in about 100 maps,
(a lot), then they tend to be (more) than similar. ;)

“…and overcoming your imagined challenges.”
What.. imagined… :confused: ;)

“All this carried by the hope that it was not yet or not forever the end.”
Well, we will see about that, but for now I’m on vacation to the end of this year. :cool:
No promises to Keep(er).

And please don’t put me on a pedestal, let it be about maps instead.
But it’s okey to be “Your greatest fan”… ;)

Whynot

Rox
July 29th, 2023, 10:14
Very well written Rox
Thanks

A man called Rox from Germany
mastered them all, most certainly
Then he sound the alarms
and placed call to arms
whynot believe so, with certainty
I'm from Austria. :)

When you have eleven different tiles to “paint” with,
some three seldom used and a couple of rooms.
That is 11^100 possibilities in a 100x100 maps. :p

And please don’t put me on a pedestal, let it be about maps instead.
But it’s okey to be “Your greatest fan”… ;)
If there are no other maps, I will have to write about the map maker. ;) ;)

Well, we will see about that, but for now I’m on vacation to the end of this year. :cool:
Then I wish you a nice vacation and good rest. :)

Utero
August 1st, 2023, 20:56
I guess my problem was discussed earlier in topic, so maybe it's fast to solve.
Somehow i don't see most of the maps in the skirmish list, just a few of them. Is there limit, so i have to delete original maps?

Rox
August 2nd, 2023, 19:19
Is there limit, so i have to delete original maps?
No, have NOT to delete anything. But you must load the maps in another way.

Use a desktop-shortcut! :)

https://abload.de/img/dk2-maploadingmqe9m.png

"C:\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII-DX.exe" -q -level "Whynots Temple Of Jupiter" will load the map "Whynots Temple Of Jupiter".

Note: The file path could be variable, because it depends on where and how you installed the game. But you don't have to change anything, because if you create a shortcut, your path is automatically correct. :)

Important is, what comes after the DKII-DX.exe".

I hope this will help you!

AND: "Whynots Temple Of Jupiter" is WOW!!!!!!! :p:p:p:p

Utero
August 3rd, 2023, 21:53
Thx, it worked although i used command line with map name add-on directly in file in game catalog, not the shortcut, cause it didn't work.

Astorga
October 29th, 2023, 15:21
Hello everyone, I need help, I'm terrible with computers, I have downloaded the maps, I have them in a folder but I don't know how to get them to appear and I can play all of them, and you don't know how much I want to be able to continue playing new maps.

I would appreciate all the help possible! a video tutorial or something similar or in images! Thanks in advance!

Astorga
November 5th, 2023, 17:23
Hello again, can someone help me please?

Thanks

Rox
December 2nd, 2023, 15:16
Hello Astorga,

look in a post above! :)

https://keeperklan.com/threads/7317-88-Singelplayer-maps-for-DK2/page25?p=58642&viewfull=1#post58642

And, of course: Your unzipped files should be on the right place.

For example: C:\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper 2\Data\editor\maps

Good for you: In whynotsian's unzipped file you will find a map named Shortcuts. But you must change the path if you haven't installed DKII here -> E:\Dungeon Keeper 2\

But this is easy: Rightclick, properties, change the path twice and you are ready to play. :)

And if not: Post the path here, where your DKII is installed.

Whynotsian
December 3rd, 2023, 13:16
Merry Good X-mas and a Happy Bad year Keepers ;)

Here's seven new maps, some with an X-mas theme.
They are not to hard. Hope they will last at least until new year.
Now have a nice cold winter in your dungeons :cool:

This "Santa" is no more. ;) It has ceased to be!, It's expired and gone to meet its maker!
…but is now included in the downloadable 121 maps zip-file /Whynot

Metal Gear Rex
December 17th, 2023, 01:18
I like setting Combat Pit max to Lv6, helps a lot with map pacing and balance.

Heaven or Hell, I always choose Maiden :)

Whynotsian
December 17th, 2023, 11:16
I like setting Combat Pit max to Lv6, helps a lot with map pacing and balance.

Heaven or Hell, I always choose Maiden :)

Yes, after hours of combat training, now I like to come out and fight for it, instead.

Which part!? :) Ahh that Maiden, heaven in the front and hell at back.