PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper Windows 7 Problem

Evi
February 7th, 2010, 04:14
So, everytime I try to start up Dungeon Keeper/FX, it will show the Horned Reaper, not the intro and no loading screen, and shows the main menu. I click on one of the levels and it crashes in black screen.

Can anyone help me?

Windows 7 sucks!

dotted
February 7th, 2010, 04:39
Someone hasnt read the readme

Evi
February 7th, 2010, 04:44
Someone hasnt read the readme

OH!

THE MOST WISEST WORD IN THE GODDAMNED WORLD!

Mind clarifying? What readme?

A New Room
February 7th, 2010, 04:48
OH!

THE MOST WISEST WORD IN THE GODDAMNED WORLD!

Mind clarifying?

WHAT README!?

I think he is refering to the KeeperFX readme. There is asection on touble shooting :)

Evi
February 7th, 2010, 04:48
I think he is refering to the KeeperFX readme. There is asection on touble shooting :)

There is nothing considering Windows 7 in the FX readme.

A New Room
February 7th, 2010, 04:50
There is though for the map...

"Q: Game stops when loading a map. LOG file says:
Error: setup_screen_mode: Unable to setup screen resolution
MODE_640_400_8 (mode 10)
A: The problem is that your drivers can't support 640x400 mode.
Change the resolution config lines in KEEPERFX.CFG into:
FRONTEND_RES=MODE_640_480_8 MODE_640_480_8 MODE_640_480_8
INGAME_RES=MODE_640_480_8"

If that doesn't help I'm not sure what will (I used to have the same problem, it is fixed now...)

Evi
February 7th, 2010, 04:51

I'm a fucking idiot.

A New Room
February 7th, 2010, 04:54
As am I... I did buy Windows 7 after all with the thought that it would run old games better :p

Though I still its a hell of a lot better than vista...

natchoguy
February 7th, 2010, 15:07
I hate windows7 plus I do more idiotic mistakes than you

Madkill
February 8th, 2010, 00:26
Windows 7 sucks!

No it doesn't. Try reading the ReadMe before blaming something other than yourself. :spider:

...Maybe W7 is better when you pirate it. Yargh!

Evi
February 8th, 2010, 00:27
No it doesn't. Try reading the ReadMe before blaming something other than yourself. :spider:

This thread is over, I request a lock please.

And Windows 7 does indeed SUCKS.

Madkill
February 8th, 2010, 00:32
If you're comparing the compatibility of DKI with XP and W7, then you're a fool.

You cannot measure an operating systems 'suckage' solely on the oldest games, it's not W7's fault that things become so old that the old software's file types and processes are obsolete.

...maybe it only seems better for me because I didn't have to fork out however much it is to get it. :spider: Yargh!

Evi
February 8th, 2010, 00:34
If you're comparing the compatibility of DKI with XP and W7, then you're a fool.

You cannot measure an operating systems 'suckage' solely on the oldest games, it's not W7's fault that things become so old that the old software's file types and processes are obsolete.

...maybe it only seems better for me because I didn't have to fork out however much it is to get it. :spider: Yargh!

PLEASE STOP POSTING.

I do not need to have another bad day.

Metal Gear Rex
February 8th, 2010, 00:34

Madkill, quit trying to start something with everybody, what is your problem hmm?

DragonsLover
February 8th, 2010, 08:33
What's the damn problem with you, guys? Can't you just simply avoid posting (this includes you, Evi)?

Come on, debating and harassing just for an OS...

Topic locked.