PDA

View Full Version : Makeing a new Dungeon Keeper Mission - Working Title "Die Hard Dungeons"

CargoOfDarkness
February 7th, 2010, 21:46
DIEHARD-DUNGEON 1.0 For all versions for download and having fun: DOWNLOAD (http://forum.keeperklan.com/die-hard-dungeons-t797.html?p=15242)

Hi there!

I am an old school dungeon keeper player and I started playing DK 1 last month. I am from Germany. :)

I am working on a new mission pack (for replacing the 20 original levels + 5 secret levels). I am 50 % done so far. I just wanted to ask here if there is any interest in playing new missions for getting lots of feedback! :dog:

Second: Is there any german speaking and good english speaking member who could translate my text.dat into english/other language later? I would be happy about it.

Greeting

Jibbits
February 7th, 2010, 22:02
I would try your missions.

Evi
February 7th, 2010, 22:04
Hi there!

I am an old school dungeon keeper player and I started playing DK 1 last month. I am from Germany. :)

I am working on a new mission pack (for replacing the 20 original levels + 5 secret levels). I am 50 % done so far. I just wanted to ask here if there is any interest in playing new missions for getting lots of feedback! :dog:

Second: Is there any german speaking and good english speaking member who could translate my text.dat into english/other language later? I would be happy about it.

Greeting

Hello CargoOfDarkness! Welcome to Keeper Klan! :D

And I would like to try your missions as well.

CargoOfDarkness
February 7th, 2010, 22:05
Wonderful! :imp:

A New Room
February 7th, 2010, 22:12
I would also be interested :)

CargoOfDarkness
February 7th, 2010, 22:21
That gives me a motivation-push. :cool:
I guess I´ll finish it in 10 more days (one day for each mission).

Now, how to fix the German-text problem... :wizard:

A New Room
February 7th, 2010, 22:25
I can speak English, but not any other Germanic languages :(

DragonsLover
February 8th, 2010, 08:30
Greetings and welcome to Keeper Klan forum! :)

Everybody here would be interested to play your new campaign, it could become added into KeeperFX.

However, you have to be sure to do a version of your campaign in English so that everyone here could understand what to do in your campaign. Now, you just talked about the "German-text" problem. What's the problem exactly?

Metal Gear Rex
February 8th, 2010, 09:05
Greetings and welcome to Keeper Klan forum! :)

Everybody here would be interested to play your new campaign, it could become added into KeeperFX.

However, you have to be sure to do a version of your campaign in English so that everyone here could understand what to do in your campaign. Now, you just talked about the "German-text" problem. What's the problem exactly?

Most likely because it is in German and he can't translate?

CargoOfDarkness
February 8th, 2010, 10:33
Most likely because it is in German and he can't translate?

Well I´ll try to translate it as authentic as possible. :wizard:

BIG QUESTION:

If a "win game" command is activated (means you won the level) no further if command, add_party_to_level and such can be triggered anymore, right? That is sad... :(

Monsterbaby
February 8th, 2010, 11:16
I can give it a try with the translation. I've been at anguage school in Berlin for a while.

If you send a scrip to me, I'll work on it. (just send it in a private message or email)

CargoOfDarkness
February 8th, 2010, 16:55
I can give it a try with the translation. I've been at anguage school in Berlin for a while.

Thanks, but I think I´ll try it myself - I just need a english text.dat :)
Can someone upload one or send it to me?

A New Room
February 8th, 2010, 17:17
If you need an English accent, I can provide that too :D

CargoOfDarkness
February 8th, 2010, 22:45
If you need an English accent, I can provide that too :D

Cool! :cool:

There (http://forum.keeperklan.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=206&d=1265648966) you go.
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
LOL

I also cant answer your message until I got 20 posts... O.o *starts spamming postings*

A New Room
February 8th, 2010, 23:08
Oops. Sorry about that :o

CargoOfDarkness
February 8th, 2010, 23:30
Thank you very much! :missile:

...I am working on Nevergrim right now!

CargoOfDarkness
February 10th, 2010, 09:34
I have a question!

I have Dungeon Keeper Gold (Deeper Dungeon + Extras)

When I build my levels what do I have to look for so normal Dungeon Keeper 1 user can still play the mission?

And can I change in which world is the find hidden world extra?
For example usually it is in Moonbrushwood, Woodly Rhyme and so on... but when I make one in lets say Elf´s Dance will it reveal the next secret level?

I am building Sleepybourg right now. ^-^
Translation is almost done, too. :wizard:

Mothrayas
February 10th, 2010, 10:28
I have a question!

When I build my levels what do I have to look for so normal Dungeon Keeper 1 user can still play the mission?
Rename all level files to MAP00001.xxx (for the first level), MAP00002.xxx (for the second level), MAP00003.xxx et cetera...
Bonus levels are covered under MAP00100.xxx to MAP00105.xxx.

For example usually it is in Moonbrushwood, Woodly Rhyme and so on... but when I make one in lets say Elf´s Dance will it reveal the next secret level? I have no idea. I think it'd crash the game.

Metal Gear Rex
February 10th, 2010, 18:33
I have a question!

For example usually it is in Moonbrushwood, Woodly Rhyme and so on... but when I make one in lets say Elf´s Dance will it reveal the next secret level?

I am building Sleepybourg right now. ^-^
Translation is almost done, too. :wizard:

You can't, the only secret files are from level 8, level 9, level 15, level 18, and some other level I can't remember which.

You could mod this if you had FX however.

Mothrayas
February 10th, 2010, 18:40
You can't, the only secret files are from level 8, level 9, level 15, level 18, and some other level I can't remember which

Level 8 (Tickle)
Level 9 (Moonbrush Wood)
Level 15 (Woodly Rhyme)
Level 17 (Mirthshire)
Level 18 (Blaise End; normally unobtainable)

And there's the secret moon level.

CargoOfDarkness
February 10th, 2010, 22:48
Hey, nice to know.

I have another question. How to make a bigger dungeon heart like in the 19. level Mistle? I think this looks awesome and I would like to do a 5x5 tile dungeon heart in one of my levels. But I dont know how. I tried with Unded but this programm destroys my maps - it sucks. And with ADiKtEd I am very noob. Maybe someone could explain how to do this step by step?
Also, can I place some columns as items on the map as decoration?

Woodly Rhyme is done! Was awesome to test, one of the hardest levels so far! :)

Metal Gear Rex
February 10th, 2010, 22:58
Hey, nice to know.

I have another question. How to make a bigger dungeon heart like in the 19. level Mistle? I think this looks awesome and I would like to do a 5x5 tile dungeon heart in one of my levels. But I dont know how. I tried with Unded but this programm destroys my maps - it sucks. And with ADiKtEd I am very noob. Maybe someone could explain how to do this step by step?
Also, can I place some columns as items on the map as decoration?

Woodly Rhyme is done! Was awesome to test, one of the hardest levels so far! :)

Well the only way to put a Special Hidden Realm is either using Adkited or by copy and pasting with the brush tool in the offitial editor.

With the former, you can also get some heart designs. Adkited is fairly simple to use, there's a legend beside you to see what's where. After you're done with your map, maybe load it up in Adkited (After making a backup just in case) and then going to the Dungeon Heart and adding onto it.

Press F1 at any time in any mode to view a set of instructions.

There's also a manuel if you wanna look at that, but I prefer the F1 because it shows everything within a certain mode so you focus only on that til you get used to it.

CargoOfDarkness
February 13th, 2010, 13:35
Yay, only Mistle and Skybird Trill and 2 secret levels to go then I am done with the mission. I am thinking about one good final for the mission.
I hope you all looking forward to the missions I believe they are one of the best custom ever made and still very original (no modding). :avatar:

A New Room
February 13th, 2010, 13:44
I hope you all looking forward to the missions I believe they are one of the best custom ever made and still very original (no modding). :avatar:

Oh noes! HYPE! :eek:

*puts fingers in eyes* Lalalalalalalalalala! *takes fingers out of eyes*

Awesome.

CargoOfDarkness
February 16th, 2010, 22:44
DIE-HARD-DUNGEONS 0.9 - BETA!

Good evening ladys and gentlemen. :)

The Beta of my mission is out. You can download it from the attachment! Note: This is ONLY for Dungeon Keeper FX for now! The Alpha version will be for all Dungeon Keeper versions. I just want to let some testers play the mission (correct difficutly and fun) and correct possible errors and spelling mistakes. ;)

Enjoy the mission! There is a german and a english version.

CargoOfDarkness
February 16th, 2010, 22:50
And here some playing tips.

Level 1

Build treasure room, lair, hatchery and training room - THEN get the entrance and only let spiders and demonspawn in your dungeon.

Level 2

Get a library and a training room fast, keep spiders and warlocks, reasearch protect and train till your money runs out. Then attack!

Level 3

To your left you find some gems, keep this place save from enemy by walling in. Research Barracks and let Orcs come in. Train to high level and run over the enemy keeper and the 3 landlords.

More for you later. :cool:

EDIT: Okay, no map previews. ^^

Mothrayas
February 16th, 2010, 22:53
I have no intents for playing this (no offense to you or anything), but I don't think it's a good idea to show the full maps, basically showing all secrets and other stuff which you want the players to find out when actually playing.

CargoOfDarkness
February 16th, 2010, 22:56
I have no intents for playing this (no offense to you or anything), but I don't think it's a good idea to show the full maps, basically showing all secrets and other stuff which you want the players to find out when actually playing.

Yeah right! :D

Metal Gear Rex
February 16th, 2010, 23:51
Do you think you should put these onto the first page for now too?

CargoOfDarkness
February 17th, 2010, 11:08
Do you think you should put these onto the first page for now too?
Done!

CargoOfDarkness
February 18th, 2010, 20:28
Can I have any feedback, yet? :D
Or did nobody played, yet? :)

Trotim
February 18th, 2010, 20:44
This is for KeeperFX 0.34, right?

A New Room
February 18th, 2010, 21:37
Can I have any feedback, yet? :D
Or did nobody played, yet? :)

I only just realised the first mission is not impossible :p I'll play it in a bit, just got to finish something first.

CargoOfDarkness
February 18th, 2010, 22:33
Hehe, yeah, first level has one little hard moment!

This is for KeeperFX 0.34, right?

Correct, as mentioned before. I think this weekend I release the Alpha for normale DK, too. I just need to know if the levels are well designed enough and a balanced difficulty.
I am playing some of the maps right now and I found spelling errors. :o:o:o:o:o

Metal Gear Rex
February 18th, 2010, 23:22
I haven't tried it, I'm busy trying to complete the DD campaign... because I never did have a fully complete DD level set. D8

A New Room
February 19th, 2010, 00:44
I have never finished the full DK1 campaign, so I am really not to good at it :/

This is going to take we a awhile... :o

CargoOfDarkness
February 19th, 2010, 07:01
Guys, I just noticed while re-playing my missions in DungeonKeeperFX, I is more harder to then in the original Dungeon Keeper. :O

I have never finished the full DK1 campaign, so I am really not to good at it :/
This is going to take we a awhile... :o

Hehehe, well my missions are as difficult as the Deeper Dungeons, so you gonna have a hard time, especially with Moonbrushwood (level 9) and Elph´s Dance (level 12), by far the hardest levels in the pack.:o:D

Here some more tips btw:

Level 4:

Build a standart dungeon and train creatures (research is not very important). Look to the east for the lightning spell protected by high level giants and some dwarfs. Actually a simply mission.

Level 5: Get fast to the gem and the prison to your right. Then turtle in before the first payday = win. ;)

CargoOfDarkness
February 19th, 2010, 17:54
Here is the release 1.0 for all Dungeon Keeper versions: http://forum.keeperklan.com/die-hard-dungeons-t797.html?p=15242