PDA

View Full Version : DK.net is no more...

DragonsLover
February 8th, 2010, 08:21
What a really bad surprise I got when I accessed to our French website, DK.net today... It has been fully hacked and everything is lost. :(:(:(

Of course, I warned Chr!x and I hope everything will be back to normal soon. It's been the second time we've been hacked.

F***ing hackers. :mad:

Duke Ragereaver
February 8th, 2010, 08:40
Really awful to hear that. :( Hopefully DK.net will be back.

A New Room
February 8th, 2010, 08:43
DK.net is way to awesome to die :(

I hope you guys get up and running again very soon.

Metal Gear Rex
February 8th, 2010, 09:09
I once dealt with hackers before... he deleted some files on my computer (Yet he strangely made them re-appear) and it is for that very reason I keep my main computer isolated from the internet since I keep my important information there.

If I could, I would stomp through the digital world with a shotgun and fire away at those bloody hackers! >:D

Edit:
I just looked in there, woah... D:

But is it really that smart to be leaving a signature? For someone who hacks, that isn't a very wise move. If they're caught, it widens their punishment a whole lot!

A New Room
February 8th, 2010, 09:29
I just looked in there, woah... :eek:

But is it really that smart to be leaving a signature? For someone who hacks, that isn't a very wise move. If they're caught, it widens their punishment a whole lot!

Indeed, it looks terrible. Really makes you realise how stupid the internet is.

No form of true evil would lock someone out of their own house for no reason, then run away out of fear of getting caught :mad:

dotted
February 8th, 2010, 10:14
What a really bad surprise I got when I accessed to our French website, DK.net today... It has been fully hacked and everything is lost. :(:(:(

Of course, I warned Chr!x and I hope everything will be back to normal soon. It's been the second time we've been hacked.

F***ing hackers. :mad:

Do you know how they got access?

Monsterbaby
February 8th, 2010, 11:20
I've never understood why some people hack stuff, just to ruin stuff. I understand the people who do it for private information or money, but just to fuck things up? WTF?!?!?!?!

I really hope you get the site up and running again. There were some pretty nice links at the previous site.

(Hacking bitches!! >< )

Hapuga
February 8th, 2010, 14:07
Self-realization goals stimulated by low self-esteem, intravertic personality and a strong drive for relatedness. Pure psychology.

Losers, that can do nothing more than spoil fun for other happy people. This makes their miserable lifa a bit less miserable, unfortunately.

dotted
February 8th, 2010, 16:21
Hi,

In an emergency, and so few assets DK.NET can continue to communicate, I opened this forum.

Here's the situation.

On 08/02/2010 around midnight, a hacker Algerian meet the sweet name of DjamelMuscle took control of dedicated server hosting DK.NET, and it was a real massacre

Not only has he torpedoed the site erase much of Joomla, but in addition, he screwed up in the air some conf file server system. And icing on the cake, he removed the daily backups stored there.

Result: impossible to trace the emergency site. If the files on DK have escaped the massacre (iso CDs, maps, images, etc.), I have in my archives that the version of the DK.NET 23.07.09, which is simply devastating as all developments since then are lost forever.

So in the current state of things, DK.NET will not see the day soon, at least in the same configuration that we know there are still a few hours ago.

Worst of all this is that the server (hosted by OVH C2D running Debian 5) had been updated last week, and I do the updates of almost all components of the site, except Joomla and Kunena (forum). I did not explain how the pirate makes his case. Is it passed through a flaw in Debian, Joomla or Kunena? Mystery

And even if I can put everything in that state as to the origin, the site will always be prey to the same risks. Hence my great sadness tinged with fatalism. To be completely clear: I am sick to death!

In fact, given the daunting task that had been done to get this new version DK.NET, I do not feel the courage to start over tomorrow knowing that any little again be screwed into the air by a lit: too much work, not enough motivation, and especially NOT THE TIME.

So I need you first to discuss what you feel is best for the future of DK.NET because YES, DK.NET ALWAYS HAS A FUTURE. But perhaps not as we know.

Voila, sorry for the bad news, but not so easily shade a beautiful community, and at the time of reconstruction, I need to know where we go, and that is the adventure.

Regards,

Chr! X
Man that sucks

Hapuga
February 8th, 2010, 16:40
totally. :(

All the effort... Just because of one disturbed idiot. Unbelievable.

Duke Ragereaver
February 8th, 2010, 16:43
totally. :(

All the effort... Just because of one disturbed idiot. Unbelievable.

Humanity keeps suprising me, sadly enough, mostly on the negative tone like this...

I'm really sorry to hear about this, I really hope DK.net makes a recovery.

A New Room
February 8th, 2010, 17:21
Feck... That sounds really bad.

natchoguy
February 8th, 2010, 19:50
I feel bad...

psycopath
February 8th, 2010, 20:58
Ouch...Big blow.:eek: Shame people do this...:mad: I understand people grabbing and picket-pocketing for money, private info etc. etc. but just the screw things up?!?!?:confused: What kind of person does that?!?!?!? And whoever he is, he obviously has nothing else to do. It's like robbing a bank, but all you do is chuck money everywhere. Who would do that?:confused: Looks like him.....:mad:

Tintwo
February 9th, 2010, 04:44
I support DL, Chr!x and Zephyr for months/years on DK.Net and I will continue...
DK.net is down for now, but not dead yet.
It's will very difficult to rise again the website, but not impossible.
I hope we (active DK.net community) will rebuild the structure soon, but this will take some time...

(i'm sorry if my english isn't very clean ^^')

DragonsLover
February 9th, 2010, 06:22
Our dungeon was under attack... What else to say?

Like Tintwo said, DK.net is not gone for good. We will be back, but it will take some time to bring everything back to normal. Perhaps we would even have to write back the articles. But this time, they would surely become better than previously. We will see...

A New Room
February 9th, 2010, 14:51
You guys may have broken walls and rooms, but you still have well fortified dungeon hearts! :D

I'm really glad to see you guys haven't given up.

Stiekel
February 12th, 2010, 19:03
I hope you guys got a backup from all the FTP files and the database?

Madkill
February 13th, 2010, 00:58
It would have been foolish for none of the administrators to not backup the entire database on one of their own-home computers.

As far as DK.net goes, articles and old files for the DK games (not maps, they're hosted everywhere and held by many members) shouldn't require a great deal of space. I'd assume less than 1Gb. And that's not much at all, to save at least.

DragonsLover
February 13th, 2010, 07:49
In fact, something wrong occurred for the backup of databases and for an unknown reason, it has simply stopped and that last backup is dating from the 31.01.10. As for the version of the site, the last version date from the 27.07.09 which is kinda very old... :(

But you know, we won't give up. :) As I said, DK.net will be back, but this time, it will be on a mutual server instead of a dedicated server. DK.net will have less accessibility as the server has other websites being host there, but I don't think it will be dramatical.

DK.net will be more beautiful, more rich, more powerful and, of course, more evil than before! :horny:

Searingflame2
February 13th, 2010, 15:55
But... my faith... in... humanity...?

My heart goes out to all ye who shall spread your evil influence once more. If the Avatar couldn't do it, some random with no life sure as hell can't (damn right i'm placing a bunch of pixels worth ahead of that of the hackers).

Madkill
February 13th, 2010, 16:29
it has simply stopped and that last backup is dating from the 31.01.10.

That's only a month ago...

Metal Gear Rex
February 13th, 2010, 22:44
That's only a month ago...

Alot of stuff happens in a month, but the other date was even farther. :eek:

DragonsLover
February 13th, 2010, 22:51
Yeah, but when the MySQL database was set to save 24 times each day (1/hour), half a month is still a long time.

Chr!x left 7 days of saving on the server to still get some traces in local, but because the scripts had stopped, there's nothing to wait for.

Madkill
February 13th, 2010, 23:17
For a dungeon keeper site I don't see how you would have lost much. About 8 days of information and on a dungeon keeper site that's not really saying much at all.

A New Room
February 13th, 2010, 23:37
What about souls?

I mean, I'm no mathematician but that is a lot of accumulated souls! :eek:

dotted
February 16th, 2010, 22:30
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=da&ie=UTF-8&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://dungeon-keeper.net/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhgpDckac-BPXdKG1D3I5O9XuZ_TwA

Looks like they are able to restore everything.

Tintwo
February 19th, 2010, 06:03
Good news !
Chr!x is rebuilding the website. Our forum is open like before (account have been saved) :D
The complete reborn of DK.net will take some time, but it will soon ;)

Chr!x
February 25th, 2010, 23:20
Thanks to everybody for your moral support. As Tintwo previously said, DK.NET reborn few days ago. New server provider, new php-software, new backup security rules.`

Your boards are now totally functional. In few days, I hope opening again download section to continuous providing DK webarchive memories :) And the rest will arrive as soon as possible, depending my free time.

A New Room
March 13th, 2010, 14:44
I see that the site is looking quite a lot healthier recently, really glad to see it back from the dead. :D

Chr!x
March 13th, 2010, 15:31
Thanks ANR .

More than a month after our 9 / 11 ", if the number of visitors remains confidential (4000 hits a day) instead of last years, our daily work is phenomenal, and the first results rise up: the general design has been monstrously improved, downloading is again operational, our boards are back and healthier than before. And last but not least, our new << Grümf Workshop >> which is much beautiful and more effective. Nice surprises coming in the weeks ahead.

But be patient, Rome was not built in a day. Thank you for your interest.

Madkill
March 14th, 2010, 16:05
http://dungeon-keeper.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=81

Hey! Awesome. My map is there. :spider:

Pizu_Meaku
March 17th, 2010, 08:01
daammnn.... I myself had been dealing with hackers on a gameserver... No-lifers...:horny:

Still, good luck building rome. :)

Madkill
March 17th, 2010, 17:20
There are hackers and then there are script-kiddies.

Know the difference.

dotted
March 18th, 2010, 10:32
There are hackers and then there are script-kiddies.

Know the difference.

There are crackers and then there are hackers.

Know the difference.