PDA

View Full Version : Mission 16

chrisssj2
February 14th, 2010, 17:34
I am at this mission and boy oh boy this mission is hard as hell..
I used gamefaqs but even with those tips I can't win..

I set the reapers to train asap. Build training room almost instantly and drop wizard, then build the lair, chicken, librabry + imp work I put wizard in when hes like lv 4 to research till workshop. Then put wizard back and build workshop and put all trolls I get in it for asap magicdoors...(the bildemons i let 100% train)

Always the enemy breaks through with too strong army...

I also tried southwest +south (the infinite gold gems) but both are taken by enemy from start it seems...

Any tips for this annoying mission?

Mothrayas
February 14th, 2010, 17:38
I remember always effortlessly rushing through that stage by either transferring a level 10 something to beat the Keeper or just abuse the AI's stupidity by setting off the alarm traps, leaving the Orcs to do nothing and walk around while both Reapers destroy the Keeper's heart.

I'll see if I can find a real tactic for that level.

chrisssj2
February 14th, 2010, 17:45
First of all what does the alarmtrap do? lol I place them but don't see their effect...

+ I don't have transfer from other level so that's too bad for me :(

And reapers sometimes get annoyed over nothing... one time they got annoyed while they were in their personal habitat (the default ones) and they wouldnt train or do anything and their madness would not get away.

Duke Ragereaver
February 14th, 2010, 18:02
Trolls and magic doors won't do much good in here, you're going to need stronger creatures in the form of Orcs and Skeletons. Use your Bile Demons and Horned Reapers if really nessesary to research the required rooms.

Make the enemy Keeper pay for every inch of a tile it has to go through. Let it wear itself out (the boulder trap you have will help you greatly with that). Also, watch the Heroes! They can be helpful or be an extra burden in here.

Mothrayas
February 14th, 2010, 18:24
Just played it (through KeeperFX), here's a bunch of tips:

-create a 5x5 Treasury near the gem surrounded by water and flag it, it's going to be the only source of income;
-let both Horned Reapers as well as the Warlock train (forget researching, except maybe the Speed Monster spell)
-from your Dungeon Heart, dig 1 tile north; this leads into a small river of water, follow it to get to a seam of gold; dig 1 tile, fight the heroes (1 level 8 witch, 1 level 6 samurai - easier than it sounds) and claim the dungeon in the northeast - most notably, the Multiply Creatures stuck behind a Magic Door
-be sure to wall off everything to the left so the heroes can't enter your Dungeon;
-DON'T attack the blue keeper or his creatures until he's past your Boulder Trap, or until your Horned Reapers have reached level 5.
-Once your Reapers reach level 5, or if you can't prevent having to fight, use your Multiply Creatures. Four level 5 Reapers will beat most of Blue's army. With a bit of luck, the level 8-10 Orcs should be dealt with with your Boulder Trap.

Also about Horned Reapers:

-Horned Reapers slowly get annoyed when sleeping. Be sure to keep them busy to prevent that.
-It's not necessary to completely wall them off et cetera until they've truly gone psycho and attack all your own creatures (this doesn't immediately happen when getting angry (most of the time) so use the time you have to make them happy).
-Bribe them with gold to keep/make them happy; any amount of gold will do.

chrisssj2
February 14th, 2010, 18:49
-create a 5x5 Treasury near the gem surrounded by water and flag it, it's going to be the only source of income;

I did that.

-let both Horned Reapers as well as the Warlock train (forget researching, except maybe the Speed Monster spell)

I did this, only research workroom lateron which happens quite fast.

-from your Dungeon Heart, dig 1 tile north; this leads into a small river of water, follow it to get to a seam of gold; dig 1 tile, fight the heroes (1 level 8 witch, 1 level 6 samurai - easier than it sounds) and claim the dungeon in the northeast - most notably, the Multiply Creatures stuck behind a Magic Door

I did not do this I tend to take northwest, i think i tried once but they were too strong.

-be sure to wall off everything to the left so the heroes can't enter your Dungeon;

I noticed this, and am aware.

-DON'T attack the blue keeper or his creatures until he's past your Boulder Trap, or until your Horned Reapers have reached level 5.

I never attack them untill they are at my dungeon heart lol.

-Once your Reapers reach level 5, or if you can't prevent having to fight, use your Multiply Creatures. Four level 5 Reapers will beat most of Blue's army. With a bit of luck, the level 8-10 Orcs should be dealt with with your Boulder Trap.

What are orcs btw? the purpleish creatures? (sry i use dutch version)

Once they are in rage no amount of gold seems to satisy them for me, I once gave one like 10.500 gold and still mad.

I will keep trying... Have been at it for like 4 hours in this level :(

Mothrayas
February 14th, 2010, 18:58

I did that.
Kay.

I did this, only research workroom lateron which happens quite fast.
I skip the workshop part (I don't even build a Library, lol), but do whatever you think works I guess.

I did not do this I tend to take northwest, i think i tried once but they were too strong.
The Witch can be beaten by a single level 2 Bile Demon :bile: (possess the Bile Demon to get close to her, then unpossess), and the combination of two level 3 or 4 Reapers and a Warlock should work for the Samurai. Possess one of the reapers if necessary to beat the Samurai.

I never attack them untill they are at my dungeon heart lol.
I think it's more beneficial to fight them at the center room; this makes better use of the numerous traps around there.

What are orcs btw? the purpleish creatures? (sry i use dutch version)
Gedrocht ;) so yes, the :orc: purplish creatures.

Once they are in rage no amount of gold seems to satisy them for me, I once gave one like 10.500 gold and still mad.
Be sure to actually drop the gold on top of them, not just drop them in the treasury. The amount of gold you drop on him doesn't matter, whether it's 5 gold or 50000 gold.

If by rage you mean they're basically hunting down every single creature you see; it's too late, then.

chrisssj2
February 14th, 2010, 19:17
Just tried again.... and the reapers again went attacking other creatures...

I did NOTHING to them, i just let them train in their tiny training room with doors locked and only picked them up like 3 times for battles.

The northeast side with the portal u talked about just keeps spawning army's -_- way too dangerous that side, and i did not had the chance to find mutiply creaturest there...

My Reapers were both level 4 when the blue keeper broke through my magic doors :(

How are u supposed to win against 10+ high level monsters :(

natchoguy
February 14th, 2010, 19:19
is it the one with samurais + green and blue keeper?

Mothrayas
February 14th, 2010, 19:20
No, that's level 15.

@chrisssj2: Last I checked, it's north west where you're supposed to be, not north east. With the Multiply Creatures special, you'll have four level 4 Horned Reapers, which is much better than two. The blue keeper only has two high level Orcs and one vampire, the rest is worthless compared to your hornies. Eliminate the former three with a boulder trap, and you'll outpower him.

chrisssj2
February 14th, 2010, 19:43
Ok I found the mutiply creatures thing... I did 2 horny's in each room but one became mad and attacked the other...

But double army is nice :)

And I do get workshop since it gets me with mutiply creatures like 15 golbins

So then Should I take the portal northeast? Or is it not manditory? it's heavenly defended xD

Mothrayas
February 14th, 2010, 20:05
Be sure not to let the reapers sleep, it's what makes them angry. If it's necessary (because they're low on health) periodically drop some gold on them.

And forget about the portal, it's useless to get it.

(btw, they're trolls, not goblins)

chrisssj2
February 14th, 2010, 20:47
Hmm ive been into one game with mission 16 like 2 hours almost now!!

got 4 bile demons level 10, 2 wizards lv 10, 4 super angry horny lv 5-7
and like 15 trolls lv 2-10

Im gonna attack soon.:)

Got ressurect also in case, and I placed Like Literally 40 magic doors in my dungeon + like 40 traps...

YEAH IM READY XD

I hope.

Krizzie
February 15th, 2010, 05:25
Do you have the Obey spell turned on? That makes Reapers a lot easier to work with, since they dont get annoyed that fast. Ones you hear a creature is getting angry, drop gold on both and you're fine for a while again.

If you're having trouble with this level, have fun with level 17 and 18. :P

chrisssj2
February 15th, 2010, 12:48
So i decided to attack... what seems is the keepers creatures are all dead before i even killed one!! :eek:

And Now I got this bug where I can't destory enemy dungeon heart, not in possession mode and not with surrounding 4 doors locked with all creatures and flag...

Is there an easy way to skip this damn level ? xD Please I'd like to know asap :)

Mothrayas
February 15th, 2010, 12:52
What do you mean, you can't destroy the Dungeon Heart? Do creatures just not respond to it being there, or?

chrisssj2
February 15th, 2010, 13:27
They just ignore it...

Mothrayas
February 15th, 2010, 13:29
And you can't attack it using possession?

Btw - there is a way to skip levels; by winning a multiplayer game. Here (http://forum.keeperklan.com/skirmish-mode-t56.html) you can see how to do that.

chrisssj2
February 15th, 2010, 16:00
I dont understand that.....
I see in multiplayer 1 player now

But when I choose the level that is at the same location as level 16 I get a totally different mission....

+ the levels are called level 50 -70...

I want to play mission 17...

You say win a multiplayer level? and then what?

Mothrayas
February 15th, 2010, 16:03
In multiplayer, you play multiplayer levels. Win in one and you'll move up one level in the campaign, however odd it sounds.

Just win in one of the multiplayer levels and you'll get to level 17 in the campaign.

Trotim
February 15th, 2010, 16:09
If you want a more thorough walkthrough, http://dk.youfailit.net/index.php has guides for every level of the original campaign as well as all Deeper Dungeons levels (with fix).

Skaruts
May 24th, 2010, 01:58
Just like that:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b7d765jJOEM&feature=related

:D

Zhampir
May 24th, 2010, 04:18
I don't know if this has been suggested... but level 16 is a very nice place to make your enemies fight each other. simply dig a corner tile next to the water (makes a little space that when you possess a creature you can walk through it, until the walls are fortified) don't actually expose your dungeon to the heroes. Dig paths from the heroes' dungeons to your enemy, if you're quick/lucky you'll penatrate their dungeon. Blue will then start claiming all the path you laid to the Heroes dungeon, which spawns them. They in turn fight blue, leaving blue's heart more or less undefended for awhile. Assassinate blue while he's distracted.