PDA

View Full Version : Stupid flag?

chrisssj2
February 15th, 2010, 21:41
The flag which summons creatures to it. I see the cpu use it all the time.. It works for him.

But whenever I set a flag into his rooms /whereever my creatures just happily ignore it and go about their bussiness...

Bug? Or am i doing something wrong..

Ty.

Trotim
February 15th, 2010, 21:51
CtA has an area of effect. If your flag is too far away from your creatures, they aren't affected. Charging CtA up to 9 is usually way more than big enough a radius, though. If not, you can place the flag right next to your creatures and then move it farther away as soon as they arrived.

Duke Ragereaver
February 15th, 2010, 21:51
Is the CTA flag reachable for your creatures? Are you sure there is no natural barrier, like lava or simply a locked door of yours preventing your creatures from reaching the flag?

Mothrayas
February 15th, 2010, 22:00
CTA works best like this:

-First, place it in your own base, attracting as many creatures as you want/can.
-Then place the same flag wherever you want. If it's possible for the creatures to go there, they'll go there, however far they're from the flag.

chrisssj2
February 15th, 2010, 22:17
I see, i didnt collect them i just rammed my flag somewhere lol.

But evenso, I had this room next to enemy dungeon heart.

I dropped like half of my creatures in the room next to it or the room next to that and placed flag on heart.... they still go walking back to base camp.

I will try to use it once more and see..

natchoguy
February 15th, 2010, 22:30
that's why the commanders quarters ( I have french version: the room that attracts orcs ) was included in the game but all of us find it useless

Metal Gear Rex
February 15th, 2010, 22:30
Somethings you may also want to know...

Well you probably already figured out you can see the radius in the mini map as well as the overall map view but...

Creatures at a Guard Post ignore the Call to Arms, since they will stand their guard (Taken out in DK2, boo!)

Creatures at the Temple ignore this too. Reason? Well they may be there to ignore Scavanging which makes sense.

Also, creatures who are trying to create a Lair, will ignore this. I don't fully understand it, but it doesn't matter.

Either way, you can always drop creatures at the Call to Arms and they'll go to it.

DragonsLover
February 16th, 2010, 06:26
Be sure to always increase the power of the spell to its fullest. And watch not to cast the spell over an enemy room or the creatures will start attacking it. After that, it's like the others said: cast it in your own dungeon to attract your own minions to the flag. Then, cast it in the enemy dungeon and the creatures will start moving there. Be sure that there's nothing to block the path of creatures, mainly lava and your own locked doors. And be sure not to cancel the spell. Once you do, creatures no longer goes to the flag even if you cast it again to a target area (unless they are in the attraction field of that spell).

Lotex
February 6th, 2014, 13:58
i think this spell might be buggy with dark mistresses. i noticed that they are attracted to it, but they don't attack enemies every time, sometimes they just run around in circles and ignore them completely, while other creatures like the horned reaper or the samurai start to attack enemies as soon as they "see" them. i tested it on the 7th level of the burdened imp campaign with mistresses only and 3 of them started attacking the enemy while 27 of them were only following the cta flag

edit: sometimes that seems to be the case while everybody attacks in other situations, most creatures do not even have the chance to heal and that would be impossible, if only 3 of them attack.

YourMaster
February 6th, 2014, 20:17
i think this spell might be buggy with dark mistresses. i noticed that they are attracted to it, but they don't attack enemies every time, sometimes they just run around in circles and ignore them completely, while other creatures like the horned reaper or the samurai start to attack enemies as soon as they "see" them. i tested it on the 7th level of the burdened imp campaign with mistresses only and 3 of them started attacking the enemy while 27 of them were only following the cta flag

edit: sometimes that seems to be the case while everybody attacks in other situations, most creatures do not even have the chance to heal and that would be impossible, if only 3 of them attack.

Try the nightly builds (http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_nightly.php), this (https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=218)issue is fixed in r1016 and beyond.

Lotex
February 7th, 2014, 10:14
man, you really have to keep an eye on these nightly builds, there's a new one nearly every other day :D

thanks for the links and thanks at mefisto? for doing this :)