PDA

View Full Version : Original creature stats

CargoOfDarkness
February 15th, 2010, 22:51
Hi everyone!

Tonight I tried out DK FX the first time. And it works nice on Windows Vista - besides some crashes sometimes after quiting a level but I do savegames ;)

First of all, thank you mefistotelis and others who did this amazing mod.

I have a question: I noticed lots of modification in creatures for example horny is much stronger (beats a level 10 knight on level 10 :eek: ).
How can I make the stats absolute original?
Cause
1. I want to be able to play original
and
2. I want to start moding the creatures for fun from scratch. :)

Mothrayas
February 15th, 2010, 22:52
No stats are edited. Some spells are added to a few creatures, but all stats are exactly as they were in the original DK1. Horny is much stronger than a Knight, even in the original.

In the 'creatrs' subfolder config files with all creatures are listed. Open these with a text editor and you can edit any creature.

Metal Gear Rex
February 15th, 2010, 22:57
The reason why that may be is because the dexterity bug was fixed, so Horny hits more often than he did in the original.

CargoOfDarkness
February 15th, 2010, 22:58
Thanks for the fast anser. :)

The reason why that may be is because the dexterity bug was fixed, so Horny hits more often than he did in the original.
Oh right, he has longe the speed spell. :o:rolleyes::)

Allright. Awesome work here, I like DK FX!

I noticed something
LevelsTrainValues = 1000 3500 5000 6500 8500 10500 13000 16000 20000

Every creatures has this values, can I change them to make training longer?

Metal Gear Rex
February 15th, 2010, 23:01
Thanks for the fast anser. :)

Oh right, he has longe the speed spell. :o:rolleyes::)

Allright. Awesome work here, I like DK FX!

Well that too...

So the level 10 speed bug (When it went away shortly after) is fixed but the dexterity bug (Dexterity is how easily it hits, after reaching 255 it would return to 0 but it now stays at 255) is also fixed to a certain extent so Horny now is quite stronger than a Knight. :horny:

Knight still is strong... Against 100 Level 4 Warlocks Horny would lose but a Knight would win. :D

Krizzie
February 16th, 2010, 09:29
Well some spells are fixed, but some creatures also got new spells.

Warlock - Reflect (why?)
Vampire - Hail (Understandable, since he only uses drain from range)
Dragon - Melee (I like it, but makes them hell of a lot stronger)
Horny - Armor (Why?)
Knight - Armor (Why?)

I probably missed a few..

Duke Ragereaver
February 16th, 2010, 09:35

Warlock - Reflect (why?)
Horny - Armor (Why?)
Knight - Armor (Why?)

Mefistotelis used DragonsLover's unoffical patch. Remember you can change the creatures in whatever way you like in the creatrs folder. ;)

Krizzie
February 16th, 2010, 09:48
Yes I know that, but why. ;)

Metal Gear Rex
February 16th, 2010, 10:22

Warlock - Reflect (why?)
Horny - Armor (Why?)
Knight - Armor (Why?)

I personally don't agree with the Warlock-Dragon's changes. Makes them too strong.

I also notice Vampires are now a hell of alot stronger... and harder to kill...

In Dixaroc, the one with the Spider, the enemy had a level 10 Vampire. I had 2 Level 10 Dark Mistress, and 1 Level 9 one, casting Lightning/Drain on him with Speed. He was being defeated rather quickly, considering it was 3 against one. But when he leveled, he often leveled back up because of the Hail and its multi hits, which gained him experiance. And because of how Resurrect works, this makes it a bit challanging too!

For those who don't know how resurrect works with the experiance, I'll explain it...

Similar to the Increase Level special, any experiance he has will carry over.

And with Hail, he was getting experiance fast.

So as Level 6, he gains 5000 experiance (Just an example)

He drops to level 5, he begins with the same 5000 experiance... now he only needs 7000 experiance instead of the full 12000 experiance. And by this rate, when he hits level 4 he'll level back up to level 5... This can be annoying, I also note that with 3 Dark Mistresses using Drain/Lightning with Speed is a fast way to kill him and the longer he lasts, the more experiance he will gain... And the Drain heals him back up as well as the Heal Spell so for creatures who deal less damage, he is that much more threatening.

God, imagine a group of them... O_O

Now I just need to wait til the day I get my own modifications to FX (Because I like my modifications! :D)

Mothrayas
February 16th, 2010, 11:08
Warlock - Reflect (why?) Because this way they're actually useful against other spellcasters.

Vampire - Hail (Understandable, since he only uses drain from range) You said it yourself.

Dragon - Melee (I like it, but makes them hell of a lot stronger)To make them do noticable damage in melee when not possessed.

Horny - Armor (Why?) Because Slow doesn't work.

Knight - Armor (Why?) To power him up a bit, I guess.

Avatar - Meteor/Hail (Why?) Making him more fearsome in ranged combat.

DragonsLover
February 16th, 2010, 11:35

Warlock - Reflect (why?)

Because it would sound logical for a spellcaster to have something to protect him against ranged attacks. And the Warlock must train a lot of time to get to level 9 and get this spell. And there's no other evil creatures excepted for the Ghost to have this spell. I just wanted to have the opportunity to have this spell more often on the evil side.

Well, I considered that it was a bit weird for the Vampire to only get a single ranged attack. I was looking for something to give to him as well, and Hailstorm was something that would suit him well. Also, once again, there's only one evil creature to get this spell: the Spider. I wanted to have this spell more often. And again, you have to train the Vampire a lot to get this spell.

In the latest version of my patch, the Dragon doesn't have Melee anymore.

Horny - Armor (Why?)

Well... to protect him much. It was mainly because of the Dexterity bug: as the Horned Reaper couldn't hit much and suffer a lot from damages, I wanted to tough him much during attacks.

Knight - Armor (Why?)

Again, in the latest version of my patch, Knight has Word of Power back like if nothing has changed.

To make him much tougher, but I also realize that he doesn't move much by constantly shooting projectiles. Maybe I should remove them?

Mothrayas
February 16th, 2010, 11:44
To make him much tougher, but I also realize that he doesn't move much by constantly shooting projectiles. Maybe I should remove them?

The combination of Drain, Missile and a bunch of supportive spells means he's not going to move much anyway, and this gives him some more power at range. I think it's best to keep Meteor and Hail.

Krizzie
February 16th, 2010, 12:51
Doesn't all the ranged stuff make him weaker? His melee damage is huge and much more dangerous than ranged spells.