PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect creature is picked up when clicking in creatures tab

chrisssj2
February 18th, 2010, 17:24
When I pickup creatures the 8th creature is 9 of the 10 times my dragon.

So I tap 8 times bile demon i would get 7 bile demons and 1 dragon...

This happens to all creatures...

Is this a known bug? Can I fix it?

Also im having irregular crashes... alot of them just had one where I pressed space to finish level then crash -_- like every 30 mins average?

log below.

Trotim
February 18th, 2010, 17:29
You picked them up via the Creature tab, right? By clicking on the numbers of idle/busy creatures?
I've had a similar problem but in my case it kept picking up the same Spider all the time instead of another Dragon I wanted to pick up. I haven't kept a log though, sorry. It seems to be reproducible, though.

A New Room
February 18th, 2010, 17:30
Space crash I'm pretty sure is known.

chrisssj2
February 18th, 2010, 17:34
Via creatures tab right..

And the level i was playing was deeperdungeon lv 1.

Offtopice question is the keeperfx 1player the same as normal dungeonkeeper? or does this one have added or removed maps?

Krizzie
February 18th, 2010, 18:48
Had this problem aswell, very weird, I kept picking up my Wizard which was nowhere near the creature I wanted to pick up.

Clicking on idle creatures or on the creature icon causes it, Haven't seen it yet with working/attackting creatures

Metal Gear Rex
February 19th, 2010, 02:47
I was playing last night and had no such problem, then I was playing just now. I played Korros Tor (DD Level 2) just now and I had two problems.

1. This problem here. I encountered it once or twice. I remember fighting the 2 Knights and Samurai near the gem rock, and I was trying to pick up my low healthed Dragon. I had the Flee set on, so he stopped from the fighting task and went to idle, so I was easily able to get him but instead I picked up a Bile Demon...

2. The Enemy Keepers didn't have any creatures... None came from the Portal...

FX Log (http://www.box.net/shared/ryda80gjbz)

mefistotelis
February 20th, 2010, 09:17
I need a saved game and exact instruction how to trigger the creatures tab bug.

chrisssj2
February 20th, 2010, 10:29
It's one of these saves with a skeleton in it.
Just pick up all bile demons/dragons whatever and the last one will be a skeleton... Same bug.

Jibbits
February 20th, 2010, 10:36
I tried to pick up my fly with the creature tab but I picked up an enemy thief instead.

Maybe the fly was fighting the thief right when I picked it up and somehow that caused this bug.

mefistotelis
February 20th, 2010, 13:00
OK, I found it and fixed.

What about the computer player creatures problem? Can I have a saved game?
EDIT: Never mind; I think I found the source.

Metal Gear Rex
February 20th, 2010, 16:51
OK, I found it and fixed.

What about the computer player creatures problem? Can I have a saved game?
EDIT: Never mind; I think I found the source.

Oh goody, saves me time. :D

I think I had a hunch in the idea of what was going on. Something different from Morkardor was that the keeper began with 4 Warlocks. The others he didn't and they got nothing. I could test it with Caddis Fell as the blue keeper finds neutral hell hounds.

Though to test it, just start a DD level with an enemy keeper.

What is the source of the problem anyways?

mefistotelis
February 20th, 2010, 18:28
What is the source of the problem anyways?

At start of a map, the game tried to load information about player before it was initialized.

EDIT:
Here's an experimental patch. Let me know how it works:
http://keeper.lubie.org/tools/keeperfx_ccp_0_36_experimental.zip