PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard Dungeons

CargoOfDarkness
February 19th, 2010, 17:53
Hi there. Here is the release of DIE HARD DUNGEONS for all versions of Dungeon Keeper! Enjoy to play them! And give me feedback later! Tell me what you liked best and what you did not like! ;)

Contains:
- 20 New, challing levels
- 5 Secret missions
- 1 Moon level
- English and german text.dat (you need to replace the original text.dat with them!)

btw, in some secret levels there are more than one "Transfer Creature" ... its supposed to transfer more creatures at once - I hope this feature is soon possible in KeeperFX. :rolleyes:

CargoOfDarkness
February 27th, 2010, 23:23
Any feedback, yet? :(

Trotim
February 28th, 2010, 10:48
I'm sorry, I've had the .zip lying around for about a week now and just didn't find the time to try it until now~ I'm using the English text.dat (though I am German), just for your information.

So far I only played and finished the first level and, well, what can I say, it's a good first level. A tad too easy maybe, with lots of redundant gold and enemies that tunnel towards your dungeon at level 1-3 when your creatures already are about level 4. That's good though! It is only the very first level, after all.

Looking forward to the next few~

EDIT: Oh right, but please, using KFX 0.35 the level 10 Knight at the end was quite difficult due to WoP now dealing damage as well. Maybe toning him down to like level 8 is still hard enough? You can still beat him mostly by spamming Freeze before he gets to cast Reflect, but geez.

And I haven't found any way to actually get Sight of Evil on that map?

Metal Gear Rex
February 28th, 2010, 10:51
I'd play but I actually haven't even opened up Dungeon Keeper in a while besides opening FX to get screenshots which was pointless...

Trotim
February 28th, 2010, 13:49
Gaaah. Level 2 even has two level 10 Knights. I'm not looking forward to fighting these, Reflect is ridiculous.

CargoOfDarkness
February 28th, 2010, 14:06
:D Yeah as I said, it´s a challanging mission. And with DK-FX even harder. You could just make the knight not have word of power. But you can handle these Knights, in level 2 you even got more varity of creatures. Spiders are very useful and you need a good micromanagement to beat them. I tested it multible times - it is very possible to beat.

And sights of evil you will get later. It take sometimes the thrill out of a level if you can see everything. :rolleyes:

I am glad you playing and enjoying the mission. I put a lot of work in it to make it different and not rushed.

Trotim
February 28th, 2010, 14:39
And sights of evil you will get later. It take sometimes the thrill out of a level if you can see everything. :rolleyes:
No, I mean because in the first level Sight of Evil is marked as researchable (with a "?") when it apparently clearly is not. Same with Alarm Trap and Wooden Door in the second level, unless I missed a Workshop somewhere.

Anyway, I beat the 2nd level now too. It's not hard like "Deeper Dungeons hard", but the sudden difficulty increase when fighting against the Knights was kind of unexpected, in both levels.

CargoOfDarkness
March 1st, 2010, 17:10
Anyway, I beat the 2nd level now too. It's not hard like "Deeper Dungeons hard", but the sudden difficulty increase when fighting against the Knights was kind of unexpected, in both levels.

Well it is getting Deeper-Dungeon-hard. The first 5 levels are just to play yourself warm. ;) Later it gets more strategic and puzzly.

kallevalle
March 16th, 2010, 08:14
level 16 and 19 seems to be bugged.
at level 16, the imps will simple not place traps if I dig to close to the "outer walls" on the map. Had this problem in the past when I made my own maps. just add another frame with rock around the entire map to make it ticker seemed to solve this problem.
level 19 also crash. when there are to many mobs at once it seems to have a tendency to crash more often. moving to close to the outer frame can also make it crash

Seac
December 12th, 2011, 18:10
Yep, I finished the campaign few days ago!
Very good experience!
In many levels I defended the dungeon by placing guard posts besides water and lava, to not make heroes rush.. I don't know if this was planned, but the level becomes much easier!

tazz
January 19th, 2012, 18:12
I am using the GoG version of the game and was wondering if i can use it on there and how to install this mod tho