PDA

View Full Version : WFTO suggestions into the RPG?

Duke Ragereaver
March 7th, 2010, 09:53
You probbaly read it here (http://forum.keeperklan.com/rpg-suggestion-thread-t819.html). To make a long story short, what would you think of having WFTO Suggestions (http://forum.keeperklan.com/suggestions-f11.html) in the RPG? Here you can vote and express your feelings about the whole thing.

Vote options:
Yes: Embrace the complete thing, everything.
No: Opposed, end of discussion.
Yes, albeit limited: Allow only specific parts of the suggestions.
Not at this time: Allow it at one point later in the RPG.

obliven1993
March 7th, 2010, 15:01
If I may make a suggestion, the only peoples whos votes count should be members of the RPG not people like Ninja.

Duke Ragereaver
March 7th, 2010, 15:33
If I may make a suggestion, the only peoples whos votes count should be members of the RPG not people like Ninja.

This is a public RPG, so everyone is allowed to vote, and not just the ones who are anticipating.

Mothrayas
March 7th, 2010, 15:36
I have to say I'n surprised. Am I really the only RP player that thinks this is a bad idea?

I mean, think about it. You're planning to work with creatures that haven't ever had any gameplay experience whatsoever, which means they could end up being overpowered. Not to mention art or any reliable depiction of them is very very scarce (and nonexistent for some), and this makes it a lot harder to play - not just for the RPer of these characters themselves, but also for the RPers of the characters around them.

Plus, there's the (in my opinion) plethora of bad ideas that could sneak in, including but not limited to:
Zombie
Archlich (if only for potentially being overpowered)
Chub Toad (ridiculous eating requirements may not work out well)
The Berserker (screams OP)
Graverider (just what are they (they're undead, but furthermore you basically don't know anything else about them))
Ogre (it's just Troll, Orc, Giant and Orc put in a blender)

and on the heroes' side:

Lancer (lances sound just a bit too modern and unfitting)
Crossbowman (redundant)
Druid (just doesn't sound Hero-like)

And that's just from Duke Ragereaver's post here (http://forum.keeperklan.com/rpg-suggestion-thread-t819.html?p=16241#post16241). Imagine how much worse it could get if anything were allowed.

Perhaps when WftO is out and all suggestions are in the game and can be played around with extensively (if that were to ever happen) they might be allowed. For now, no.

Sire
March 7th, 2010, 15:55
While I love my suggestions (the Valykrie most), it wouldn't be staying true to DK spirit until the finals are made and the ideas make the cut. Many of these ideas haven't and currently can not be tested for balance and enjoyment. (Unless one tries messing around with DK FX, but you will leave out that one character to fight against and WFTO will probably use a new system.)
As Mothrayas said, when WFTO is released, we will have time to mess around with them then.

However, I do suggest if we really want to play around with these characters is to create a new realm to serve as a ''testing ground'' for gaming and roleplaying services. While it won't please everyone, it should be a good compremise.

(Off-Topic, but will Hero Characters ever become playable in their own realm or via conversion? Sometimes I would really like to play as a Hero Character.)

Edit: If the Test Realm idea is approved, then I'll submit an application for a Keeper. It'll be good practice for my role in MGR and Evi's RPG, as well as my curoisity of becoming a Keeper in the roleplay. I'll discuss this more in-depth at a later date if the Test Realm suggestion is approved.

Evi
March 7th, 2010, 19:08
While I am not trying to start something here, these following words are MY OPINION.

...Wait, public? So, people who have never had any interest in the RPG can freely vote and just say, "Because I CAAAAAN!" D:

Plus, there's the (in my opinion) plethora of bad ideas that could sneak in, including but not limited to:
Zombie
Archlich (if only for potentially being overpowered)
Chub Toad (ridiculous eating requirements may not work out well)
The Berserker (screams OP)
Graverider (just what are they (they're undead, but furthermore you basically don't know anything else about them))
Ogre (it's just Troll, Orc, Giant and Orc put in a blender)

I feel as if the Zombie should be a Hostile in the RPG, I mean, Zombies... they go, "Braaaaaaiiins." and not, "I say, this is some mighty fine Tea. Now, off to researching, TALLY HO!"

For the Archlich, he can take up three slots. :p

Chub Toad is basicly like a Bile Demon, who is just more hungry.

I don't know much of the Berserker, Ogre or Graverider.

Lancer (lances sound just a bit too modern and unfitting)
Crossbowman (redundant)
Druid (just doesn't sound Hero-like)

Lance is another word for Spear. How is it modern? Does it fire lazer beams? :p

Ditto.

Neither does Giant, Archer, or Barbarian, yet they are Heroes.

However, I do suggest if we really want to play around with these characters is to create a new realm to serve as a ''testing ground'' for gaming and roleplaying services. While it won't please everyone, it should be a good compremise.

Yes, a Test Realm for the WftO Creatures sound ideal, and good for testing out their powers. Infact, if a test realm is made, the characters made there shouldn't be too worked on. Like... A Archlich will just have a name called Archlich, and so on.

Tweaks can be made to any WftO creature, to make it fair and blah blah blah. You know what I mean.

If the Test Realm idea is approved, then I'll submit an application for a Keeper. It'll be good practice for my role in MGR and Evi's RPG, as well as my curoisity of becoming a Keeper in the roleplay. I'll discuss this more in-depth at a later date if the Test Realm suggestion is approved.

Sire for Test Keeper! :D

Mothrayas
March 7th, 2010, 19:25
I feel as if the Zombie should be a Hostile in the RPG, I mean, Zombies... they go, "Braaaaaaiiins." and not, "I say, this is some mighty fine Tea. Now, off to researching, TALLY HO!"
It'd be pretty weird if there would be only one Hostile creature around instead of using the I-don't-know-how-many creatures we have now. Could just as well have no unique Hostiles at all.

For the Archlich, he can take up three slots. :p
That's a kind of arbitrary restriction.

Chub Toad is basicly like a Bile Demon, who is just more hungry.
What I posted still counts: "ridiculous eating requirements may not work out well".

Lance is another word for Spear. How is it modern? Does it fire lazer beams? :p
Lances are not the same as spears (http://medieval.ucdavis.edu/20C/lance.gif). Lances look more modern and were mostly used in the second half of the medieval times, unlike Dungeon Keeper which weapons-wise seems to be more like the first half.

Plus, lancers are always used mounted on horses. Which wouldn't look good in a dungeon.

Ditto.
How me saying 'redundant' has to do with 'lances/weapons are too modern' is beyond me.

Neither does Giant, Archer, or Barbarian, yet they are Heroes.
Archer doesn't sound hero-like? Wtf?

And as they're implemented in the DK games, Giants and Barbarians are a lot more good than evil.

And if I could actually get a depiction of the Druid for WftO (http://forum.keeperklan.com/druid-t727.html) I could maybe actually form an accurate opinion on it.

Evi
March 7th, 2010, 19:37
There is a game where you use Lances WITHOUT mounts, Shin Megami Tensei Online, where it is used the same as a spear.

...And the Picture used looks more like a Pikeman/Spearman.

Archers not Hero-Like? WTF?

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/6/5688/38971.jpg

Aw yeah, he looks nice, doesn't he?

Giants and Barbarians are a lot more good than evil.

"FE, FI, FO, FOM. I SMELL THE BLOOD OF A HUMAN! I WILL GRIND ITS BONE INTO BREAD AND EAT IT!" Child's story? Yes, but it has a Giant. :p

A barbarian may also be an individual reference to a brutal, cruel, warlike, insensitive person.

Yeah, 'Hero-like'.

Mothrayas
March 7th, 2010, 19:50
There is a game where you use Lances WITHOUT mounts, Shin Megami Tensei Online, where it is used the same as a spear.

...And the Picture used looks more like a Pikeman/Spearman.
Then call it a spearman, ******. Spears are different from lances, as seen in the pic I provided.

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/6/5688/38971.jpg

Aw yeah, he looks nice, doesn't he?
It's titled 'Evil Archer', doofus. Of course he's not going to look very nice in that pic.

"FE, FI, FO, FOM. I SMELL THE BLOOD OF A HUMAN! I WILL GRIND ITS BONE INTO BREAD AND EAT IT!" Child's story? Yes, but it has a Giant. :p

A barbarian may also be an individual reference to a brutal, cruel, warlike, insensitive person.

Try reading better next time.

And as they're implemented in the DK games, Giants and Barbarians are a lot more good than evil.

Duke Ragereaver
March 7th, 2010, 19:57
I have to say I'n surprised. Am I really the only RP player that thinks this is a bad idea?

I mean, think about it. You're planning to work with creatures that haven't ever had any gameplay experience whatsoever, which means they could end up being overpowered. Not to mention art or any reliable depiction of them is very very scarce (and nonexistent for some), and this makes it a lot harder to play - not just for the RPer of these characters themselves, but also for the RPers of the characters around them.

Perhaps when WftO is out and all suggestions are in the game and can be played around with extensively (if that were to ever happen) they might be allowed. For now, no.

The post I made was just a quickly made general representation, not per se aimed at some Creatures or Heroes in special. Also remember, this isn't limited to Creatures and Heroes' suggestions only, also including Spells and stuff. However, your point is a thing I was worried about when making this suggestion but I think it's actually sufficiently with the pictures/artwork we have for some suggestions.

A test realm... hm I like that idea, honestly! The best way to put this Suggestion to the test is to make a specific realm for it. Though I'l got to figure out first how to do this.

@Sire

Don't call me, I'll call you. ;)

Edit: Mothrayas & Evi, cut the pointless debate!

Evi
March 7th, 2010, 20:10
The post I made was just a quickly made general representation, not per se aimed at some Creatures or Heroes in special. Also remember, this isn't limited to Creatures and Heroes' suggestions only, also including Spells and stuff. However, your point is a thing I was worried about when making this suggestion but I think it's actually sufficiently with the pictures/artwork we have for some suggestions.

A test realm... hm I like that idea, honestly! The best way to put this Suggestion to the test is to make a specific realm for it. Though I'l got to figure out first how to do this.

How about a seperate SMALL Island from the Mainland?

Mothrayas & Evi, cut the pointless debate!

Oh for the love of, I was done once Mothrayas called me a doofus, WHICH I HATE BEING CALLED.

No need for pointless things like this.

MeinCookie
March 7th, 2010, 20:37

That is why we would have to be careful, and only the best creatures making it. Each would probably need an extensive backstory... whatever. Remember, this is technically set after the WftO so...

(Off-Topic, but will Hero Characters ever become playable in their own realm or via conversion? Sometimes I would really like to play as a Hero Character.)

I agree with a test realm... but it does seem weird just to shunt them all into a single realm. It might make it feel a bit weird.

Metal Gear Rex
March 7th, 2010, 21:52

If not we can always draw some! I figure we're going to gather a bunch of characters at some point and have a multi voting thing to decide who enters and stuff, as well as discuss possiblities and all that.

It should have no plot once so ever, like a My Pet Dungeon level! Maybe that's what we should call it? :)

We could also use a real My Pet Dungeon Level too to save desigining time for those (Me) who are lazy.

I could help you if you want too! :D

@Sire

Don't call me, I'll call you. ;)

I was so proud when I got that PM! :D

Although when you say that it sounds like Duke is a secret agent working for the FBI or something... O_o He's watching us evil ones carefully... :eek:

Edit: Mothrayas & Evi, cut the pointless debate!

Ah damn I was gonna get involved! >_<

Although it was pretty pointless since it was an arguement over examples getting in XD

Metal Gear Rex
March 20th, 2010, 11:37
Uhh... so the outcome is...?

MeinCookie
March 20th, 2010, 11:51
Technically it is a draw, but "yes" votes out-weigh "no" votes

Metal Gear Rex
March 20th, 2010, 11:59
Well the "Yes except all!" and "Hell no never!" are the extreme in either direction, so I could consider those canceled out.

Then there's the "Yeah but limited" and the "Maybe some day but not this day" which the former wins... So I'd think that's the decision made but it is Duke's call.

Mothrayas
March 20th, 2010, 14:05
There's 5 yes votes and 4 no votes.

That's 55.6% voting yes and 44,4% voting no. That's only 11,2% apart; too low to really count as a win, imo.

Metal Gear Rex
March 20th, 2010, 14:07
There's 5 yes votes and 4 no votes.

That's 55.6% voting yes and 44,4% voting no. That's only 11,2% apart; too low to really count as a win, imo.

Well no one else is voting and that can't be counted as a lose either, indefinately. Besides I still don't count Ninja's vote because he's not part of the RPG... well not yet unless he plans it but that's his buisness.

Duke Ragereaver
March 20th, 2010, 14:41
The fact that the opinions are very divided shows that this might not be a good idea after all, at this time atleast. Even though ''yes'' has a small lead I will cancel out this idea out now.

Edit: Poll closed

Evi
March 20th, 2010, 15:28
What a waste of a suggestion then.

Truthfully, that even pissed me off to extreme conditions.