PDA

View Full Version : Test Realm Poll

Sire
March 20th, 2010, 15:54
Notice: Any Admin or Moderator may close this down at any time, but please wait for a good number of votes to come in first. I'm just looking for a second round of opinions more focused on a Test Realm idea instead of ideas in the RP in general.
Notice 2: NO FLAMING OR SUCH IN THIS THREAD. Act civilized, even when ranting or debating.
Notice 3: Original Poll (http://forum.keeperklan.com/wfto-suggestions-into-rpgi-t857.html) --- Original Source (http://forum.keeperklan.com/rpg-suggestion-thread-t819.html)

The WFTO Idea for the RP poll was closed, but I assumed that was for all the realms in general. This specific poll focuses more on allowing the ideas ONLY in the Test Realm, not all the available realms in the RP at this time.

My Opinions on the Test Realm:

Pros:
-It allows us to test out suggested ideas in a controlled realm.
-The Test Realm will not interfere with The Awakening Roleplay in any way, shape, or form. (For all intents and purposes, it's just an RP set within an alternative universe of The Awakening, and it has no effect on the original storyline.)
-Even if players do not want the suggestions, they will only exist in the Test Realm, not the other ones.
-It allows Roleplayers to experiment and mess around as this realm has its own storyline, thus theoretically boosting more activity and creativity.

Cons:
-The Test Realm is subject to broken suggestions, and while it strives for balance, the majority of the time it will be on a bumpy road.
-Without activity, the Test Realm will become a waste of space as no one is roleplaying in it.
-Honestly, I can't think of any more Cons to this idea...

Edit: Since I created the poll, I think it would be best if I didn't vote... Although if I did, I would vote for Approve Test Realm.

Hapuga
March 20th, 2010, 16:00
Because I am not a part of it, I do not care.

Evi
March 20th, 2010, 16:02
This IS a perfect idea.

I'm completely up for it.

The WFTO Creatures/Heroes could also be tweaked for balance in the Test Realm, which could also help out the suggestion itself.

Metal Gear Rex
March 20th, 2010, 16:08
I support this thread. :speed_monster:

Because I am not a part of it, I do not care.

Then don't post.

MeinCookie
March 20th, 2010, 21:11
It also helps you refine your WftO suggestions and it gives people an idea of them. It doesn't effect other realms... I'm a supporter.

Metal Gear Rex
March 21st, 2010, 01:30
After thinking I seriously support this because this can also help WftO in a number of ways. If we can RP the creature types then we cab feel them out for gameplay in WftO. That can also help us put more info on the suggestion too.

Searingflame2
March 21st, 2010, 03:12
*Roleplays the chaos pit suggestion*

D: my test creature is dead.

Duke Ragereaver
March 21st, 2010, 21:15
Assuming the Test Realm get approved, it will be a lot of work. Work I'm not willing (and prepared) to do alone. And I'm honestly beginning to doubt about the whole WftO idea is going to pay off in the end.

But I'm supporting it (not by voting though) because I feel the road should be enjoyable, regardless of any roadblocks like a shortage of WftO images or broken suggestions.

Metal Gear Rex
March 21st, 2010, 21:17
Assuming the Test Realm get approved, it will be a lot of work. Work I'm not willing (and prepared) to do alone. And I'm honestly beginning to doubt about the whole WftO idea is going to pay off in the end.

But I'm supporting it (not by voting though) because I feel the road should be enjoyable, regardless of any roadblocks like a shortage of WftO images or broken suggestions.

Why don't you appoint someone else to take care of the work and area for you? Maybe Sire since he did come up with it, if he wants to of course.

Duke Ragereaver
March 21st, 2010, 21:25
Why don't you appoint someone else to take care of the work and area for you? Maybe Sire since he did come up with it, if he wants to of course.

This is going to be a big thing and I don't think it's likely there will be always order. Atleast in the Awakening RPG you had an idea what was going on, generally. But will it be the case here?

Anyway, I'l be glad to let anyone take care of this if that person thinks he's up for it. Maybe Sire? Just PM me. I'l be closing this poll between 1-3 weeks from today.

Sire
March 21st, 2010, 23:07
This is going to be a big thing and I don't think it's likely there will be always order. Atleast in the Awakening RPG you had an idea what was going on, generally. But will it be the case here?

Anyway, I'l be glad to let anyone take care of this if that person thinks he's up for it. Maybe Sire? Just PM me. I'l be closing this poll between 1-3 weeks from today.

One will never know until he tries. The idea may become a great success, or may become an epic failure. Such are the rules of the free market and the hopeful entrepreneurs that make it possible.

I have sent an application regarding becoming a Test Realm Manager. Only thing that I currently fear is the matter of balancing. I was never proficient in placing out stats or balancing units. Another person will mostly likely be required if the application goes through.

I also have little prior experience. Alas, that will not stop me from carrying out the task at hand. One will never learn unless given the chance to do so.

Anyways, best of luck to ye, and hope that the Test Realm becomes a great success,
-Sire

Madkill
March 22nd, 2010, 00:48
If it requires tweaks then this could allow less balancing issues for WftO when you think about it.

But it should never be mixed with 'non-canon' creatures that were in DKI/II, that would ruin it.

The idea of Dungeon Keeper is that both I and II are completely different places, so new creatures and lack of old creatures are a given. (Africa has black people, mostly, and china has asian people, mostly) That's how I've seen it at least, how DKII changed the Horned Reaper however, that was just a marketing device because EA are faggots.
But considering DKII creatures are already mixed with DKI's in this, you can't split'em up now.
With this idea, you can promote it and you have a good reason not to mix'em, their origins.

Metal Gear Rex
March 22nd, 2010, 01:01
If it requires tweaks then this could allow less balancing issues for WftO when you think about it.

But it should never be mixed with 'non-canon' creatures that were in DKI/II, that would ruin it.

It is somethig the creator can do, his or her own choice.

The idea of Dungeon Keeper is that both I and II are completely different places, so new creatures and lack of old creatures are a given. (Africa has black people, mostly, and china has asian people, mostly) That's how I've seen it at least, how DKII changed the Horned Reaper however, that was just a marketing device because EA are faggots.
But considering DKII creatures are already mixed with DKI's in this, you can't split'em up now.
With this idea, you can promote it and you have a good reason not to mix'em, their origins.

Yup that's a good point...

Metal Gear Rex
March 27th, 2010, 07:46
Well since two voters don't care, that would pretty much cancel out their votes so it would be more like 8 voters, not 10.

1/8=12.5%

So 62.5% Approve
25% Approve but with tweaks
12.5% think suggestions should never be possible

So overall 87.5% Approve in general... against 12.5%... heehee, and some people question the use of math. :)

Duke Ragereaver
March 27th, 2010, 07:54
I'm more than happy to announce that I've placed Sire in charge of this project and it's probbaly going to start next week! I've been asked if ''normal'' creatures could be transfered to this new realm, yes they can, but WftO suggestions will not be allowed to transfer, this should satisfy everyone. The penalty is not entirely set yet, but will certainly include the level penalty.

Metal Gear Rex
March 27th, 2010, 11:14
I'm more than happy to announce that I've placed Sire in charge of this project and it's probbaly going to start next week! I've been asked if ''normal'' creatures could be transfered to this new realm, yes they can, but WftO suggestions will not be allowed to transfer, this should satisfy everyone. The penalty is not entirely set yet, but will certainly include the level penalty.

Same penalty as the other one or maybe a little more drastic?

Drastic Version
Level 1 - 2 : no penalty
Level 3 - 4 : 1 level penalty
Level 6 - 7 : 2 levels penalty
Level 8 : 3 levels penalty
Level 9 : 4 levels penalty
Level 10 : 5 levels penalty

That?

Oh can I be writer for this one or is it up to Sire? I've been getting some thinking done and while I haven't come up with anything yet I will in the next five seconds after I take some Ibuprofen to get rid of the headache blocking my thoughts.

PS: There's a typo in the rules, you put:

Level 4 - 5: 1 level penalty
Level 5 - 7: 2 levels penalty

When it should be:

Level 4 - 5: 1 level penalty
Level 6 - 7: 2 levels penalty

Seeing as the previous is a 5.

Edit:
*DING!*

Ideas ready.

Sire
March 27th, 2010, 17:05
@ MGR:

I already got a storyline and stuff planned for the normal ''Keeper'' realm already. I was going to cheat and force my Valkyrie in there no matter the polls (due to storyline reasons), but it looks like she will make it fairly.

However, I am currently discussing about the possibility of a Hero Realm. If it passes, you (as well as everyone else interested), can become the LotL and have most of the control for your own realm (including maps, storyline, and what to be tested.)

While the Test Realm forum may open up the beginning of next week, the Keeper RP should be ready at the end of that week, if not before.

Metal Gear Rex
March 27th, 2010, 17:15
@ MGR:

I already got a storyline and stuff planned for the normal ''Keeper'' realm already. I was going to cheat and force my Valkyrie in there no matter the polls (due to storyline reasons), but it looks like she will make it fairly.

Cheater! D:

However, I am currently discussing about the possibility of a Hero Realm. If it passes, you (as well as everyone else interested), can become the LotL and have most of the control for your own realm (including maps, storyline, and what to be tested.)

Well I'm sure alot would like to be the LotL, considering the impossibilities to even be a Hero... That's alot of realms plus who will join someone else's realm when they all have their own?

My own opinion is simply one Hero Realm, maybe two for different style's/feels and further testing. But if there's going to be two of anything, it should be Keeper Test realms, due to there being alot more Creature/Neutral suggestions than Hero Suggestions.

However I can see the point in multiple Hero Realms, that's not normally allowed in the RPG so it could provide testing to see if it could be part of the RPG or if not simply be there for that pure enjoyment section.

Sire
March 27th, 2010, 17:19
Well I'm sure alot would like to be the LotL, considering the impossibilities to even be a Hero... That's alot of realms plus who will join someone else's realm when they all have their own?

My own opinion is simply one Hero Realm, maybe two for different style's/feels and further testing. But if there's going to be two of anything, it should be Keeper Test realms, due to there being alot more Creature/Neutral suggestions than Hero Suggestions.

However I can see the point in multiple Hero Realms, that's not normally allowed in the RPG so it could provide testing to see if it could be part of the RPG or if not simply be there for that pure enjoyment section.

When I meant LotL, I meant the LotL for the single Hero Test Realm.

Perhaps if it gets popular, a normal Hero roleplay may be able to open up in The Awakening, but I have no power there.

I'm gonna go ahead and make a Test Realm Discussion Topic before we go further off-topic in the polls.

Sire
April 15th, 2010, 03:21
This thread has served its purpose and may be closed, archived, or deleted.