PDA

View Full Version : Central Discussion Topic

Pages : [1] 2

Duke Ragereaver
September 1st, 2009, 08:31
Here can be anything be discussed regarding the RPG.

dk2player
September 1st, 2009, 15:35
Great, I got one question: How do we deal with the "no longer posts anything" users

Duke Ragereaver
September 1st, 2009, 17:42
It can be a bit of a pain I guess when you are waiting for a speficic user to post, I'd say the best thing is just to 'move on'. If inactivety of a roleplayer is down to the point he haven't replied in weeks I will send a PM to cheak on him/her. But I will be easy on this point since it's still summer vacation to most people. :)

dk2player
September 1st, 2009, 23:48
ok, next question, Should we have a mentor guy, or should we let the players control the mentor?

Duke Ragereaver
September 2nd, 2009, 07:35
Apart from people using the mentor as announcer for their creature, I'l be taking his role.

Searingflame2
September 2nd, 2009, 08:20
Hmm, methinks i need to think of a new and original character to enter Frozenguard!

Duke Ragereaver
September 2nd, 2009, 09:32
It could use some troublemakers. :p

Searingflame2
September 2nd, 2009, 11:58
Indeed?

Might just have a good think about what i can do.

dk2player
September 4th, 2009, 02:43
yeah, frozengaurd is a little quiet. Maybe having a troublemaker just to add humor might be fun

DragonsLover
September 4th, 2009, 08:43
Frozengard is quiet because almost nobody here is playing. Before saying to get more troublemakers, I'd like to have more people participating (or is it what you meant?).

For now, it seems that most of the players have "stopped" playing because of the move. For now, only Lena the Fly, Din the Warlock and Cider the Warlock remain. For the older players, make a sign if you're still there.

dk2player
September 4th, 2009, 13:11
They are prbably just to busy with summer to worry about that. Wait a couple weeks/months, it'll be back, with more realms. :) :D

Madkill
September 8th, 2009, 00:53
Are vampiric-creatures allowed?

dk2player
September 8th, 2009, 01:49
yes, but only when enough corpses rotted

Who-horny
September 9th, 2009, 23:18
Hay guys, did I miss much?

Who-horny
October 4th, 2009, 23:18
Get out of my Character Profiles and into this topic before Dukey notices!

Who-horny
October 10th, 2009, 17:54
Sorry for the Tripple post, but this is the best place to post this;

Why do some realms slow down significantly time to time?

Me-thinks that things slow down when ever our creatures go into combat; it just doesn't work as well as we all depend on each other and then we get in a knotted mess of every one waiting for everyone else to post. It's just a thought, but I think these Rps just work better in social times and less in combat times.

Do you guys have an opinion on this?

Metal Gear Rex
October 10th, 2009, 17:57
Sorry for the Tripple post, but this is the best place to post this;

Why do some realms slow down significantly time to time?

Me-thinks that things slow down when ever our creatures go into combat; it just doesn't work as well as we all depend on each other and then we get in a knotted mess of every one waiting for everyone else to post. It's just a thought, but I think these Rps just work better in social times and less in combat times.

Do you guys have an opinion on this?

Well you were in battle before and were posting often compared to Frozengard, which was actually frozen. When I posted, it began moving again. Someone needs to just post, then it'll get a flow going again to respond to that post.

Edit-
Socializing needs to rely on others too.

Metal Gear Rex
October 10th, 2009, 22:37
Quick question. How do realm swaps work or are we not doing those?

Who-horny
October 10th, 2009, 22:52
We made the following rules but never implemented them (We made it unavailable for a while because we wanted Frozengard to gain it's own creatures) As we never implimented them I can't be sure of their validity, but basicly it was:

If it's to a different Keeper's dungeon they must have the rooms your creature requires
You must first leave your old realm before entering your new one (They all share the same continuity)
Your creature will experience a level penalty: Half your creatures level and add one level to that (I think that's what it was at least, check that)
Your creature keeps all it's gold and possessions.

The idea was "Yay! Let's do it!" but also "Let's not let people want to do it often"

And the reason all creatures start out at level one in a realm and why transferred creatures loose levels is because the magics of each realm are different and creatures need to re-acclimatize them selves.

Metal Gear Rex
October 10th, 2009, 22:53
That would be the in-game way of explaining it, yes.

Duke Ragereaver
October 10th, 2009, 22:55
There is no rule regarding transferring creatures from one realm to another yet, however that may change soon. A level penalty will be in there for sure.

Who-horny
October 10th, 2009, 23:06
I would love to see it implemented at some point I do plan to spread the Thefsuth love like a plague at some point.

We should also think about what happens when a Keeper contours a realm and travels to the next, do his creatures follow him regardless of rooms?

Searingflame2
October 13th, 2009, 08:50
My apologies to you all, dear RP friends, but i'm not an orginized chap. Once i log off for the night (in about... 3 hours) i won't be on for roughly 4 days, for i am going on a school camp.

See you all on Saturday, and try not to let too much happen in my wake - i'm still behind in Frozenguard reading as is :P

Metal Gear Rex
October 25th, 2009, 08:11
I have a question about the Special Items. You didn't really say much about them. I want to know what's available, and how some work. I've listed all the specials from DK1 and DK2. As well as my current thoughts on them on how they should work if included. I await an offictial answer, however.

Increase Level-Obvious

Steal Hero-I'm a bit curious to see this one in action, though it is probably not to be, right?

Reveal Map-Obvious

Multiply Creatures-Not included, no doubt. Though if it were, it would probably work for a minute, lolz. Immagine Thefsuth talking to Thefsuth?

Resurrect Creature-I'm wondering if this is to be included. How would this work? Would people ask in the OCC if they could have thier creature resurrected that they want back, or would the Dungeon Keeper pick a fallen creature and inform the player and ask if he/she wanted him/her back.

Locate Hidden Land-Simply a joke... but are there any hidden lands, Duke?

Make Safe-Obvious

Transfer Creature-I'm not sure... it is a question of what happens to the Dungeon Keeper and creatures once a level is won.

Destroy Walls-A bit curious/funny to see an enemy Dungeon Keeper start swearing on what happened and/or the lazyness of thier imps maintaining thier dungeon.

Increase Gold-I'm only curious how much gold would be brought back.

Mana Boost-I'm not sure about this... do we use mana? I really am curious on this one.

Stun Imps-In DK2, this was next to useless. If we use it, will it be changed to something like "Kill Enemy Imps"?

Recieve Imps-How many imps would appear on this one?

Make Happy-I'd like to see this one with Thefsuth or Crystice after talking to Mechrin, lolz.

Make Unhappy-If an enemy got a hold of this... the RPG keeper would have a lot of problems, lolz.

Kill Creatures-Does the Dungeon Keeper picks who dies? Are there resrictions on higher level creatures/heroes and/or certain more god/royal creatures/heroes?

Heal All-Obvious

Who-horny
October 25th, 2009, 12:54
Make Happy and Make unhappy should be used at some point just for the hilarity

I would not be surprised if some new items where created that did funny things to our creatures, like, "Mass body swap" sure they'd have no purpose in the game but in the Rp it would be fun.

Who-horny
October 30th, 2009, 14:08
Time to pump some Character interaction into these's Rps!

Duke Ragereaver
October 31st, 2009, 10:14
An announcement ladies and gentlemen, a new realm will be opened within a couple of weeks.

Who-horny
October 31st, 2009, 13:48
Woo!

Will it belong to an all new keeper? And do you want me to write up a Chapter for it in the story thread thing?

I'd be more than happy to.

Evi
October 31st, 2009, 16:45
An announcement ladies and gentlemen, a new realm will be opened within a couple of weeks.

Oh boy! I'm so hungry, I could eat an octorok! :p

Can't wait to see who will play as the Keeper then. :)

*Silently praying :monk:* Please don't be Obliven, please don't be Obliven.

obliven1993
October 31st, 2009, 16:47
*punchs evi in the face* shudap! I dont want to be a keeper in the first place XD

dk2player
October 31st, 2009, 17:12
Yay, another thread to spam...i mean, post in. I hope it wll have more action than frozenguard

Duke Ragereaver
October 31st, 2009, 17:17
Will it belong to an all new keeper? And do you want me to write up a Chapter for it in the story thread thing?

Yes, it's a new Keeper. And I've already sended you a PM regarding your second question.

*Silently praying * :monk: Please don't be Obliven, please don't be Obliven.

No worry, I've already picked a person. :p

Yay, another thread to spam...i mean, post in. I hope it wll have more action than frozenguard

Frozengard's action has yet to begin...

Ps: 1.000th post!!!

Who-horny
October 31st, 2009, 23:15
Yay! I get to write something and thus have influence over the Rps!

Also, shall we be taking bets as to who's going to be the Keeper?

I'm betting Evi. ^^

Metal Gear Rex
November 1st, 2009, 04:25
Quick question, how far can we get with the Training Room/Combat Pit? And is the Combat Pit just for faster training?

Who-horny
November 1st, 2009, 14:36
The training room can take us to level 4 and the combat pit to level 8 as I recall.. I remember Ivan getting to 5 and then us all having an uproar about it.

Evi
November 1st, 2009, 14:38
lol, Ivan got to level 5 by fighting enemies. :p

Screach was the one who reached level 5 in the Training Room.

Metal Gear Rex
November 1st, 2009, 14:42
Yes, Spiders are all the same to you? Can't tell one from another? Racist, lolz. jk

Who-horny
November 1st, 2009, 14:43
Lol, they all look the same to me I'm afraid ^^

Where is Asterick these days anywho?

Metal Gear Rex
November 1st, 2009, 14:48
I think he's a spy among us now, lolz. But seriously, I kinda liked Tu'vac.

Who-horny
November 1st, 2009, 14:52
I liked all his characters, skarl some times got annoying.

Evi
November 1st, 2009, 14:54
Which reminds me, didn't we have two goblins in the prison?

Metal Gear Rex
November 1st, 2009, 14:59
I remember one, the one Fyoke imprisond.

nijuni_kuro
November 1st, 2009, 21:13
Finally an excuse to update "The War for Heavenarius" thread, eh? XD

Will adding a new realm increase the number of creature slots per forumer?

Metal Gear Rex
November 1st, 2009, 22:10
I hope so! It'll be nice getting Fyoke back. But for now he's just a dormant statue of decoration.

Hey is Xerina look injured or is she better now?

Hamster-Damned
November 2nd, 2009, 08:23
I'm gonna get a third creature, no way I can handle 4! I have enough trouble posting as I'm not supposed to even be on the computer!

I think and I'm sure everyone aggrees on you getting the ghost first, since Fyoke... well...

nijuni_kuro
November 2nd, 2009, 22:32
Hey is Xerina look injured or is she better now?
She's still covered with bandages over most of her body. She had high-degree burns, afterall (If this RP was more realistic, she should be DEAD after that fall. Just like Anakin at the end of "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith". XD Or that barbarian that later became Skarl the skeleton.). I don't think her wounds would heal for the remainder of the RP.

Who-horny
November 2nd, 2009, 22:34
Just like Anakin at the end of "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith".

Hay! That was my awesome comparison ^^

Is that a yes to the Darth Vader suit?

nijuni_kuro
November 2nd, 2009, 22:39
If she was to get an armor, it would have to be a light one. She's a support unit and a girl, afterall. She's not buffed enough to wear full-plate armor. XD But maybe she could get a leather armor or chain-mail made to look Darth Vader-esque? XD

Metal Gear Rex
November 2nd, 2009, 22:47
If she was to get an armor, it would have to be a light one. She's a support unit and a girl, afterall. She's not buffed enough to wear full-plate armor. XD But maybe she could get a leather armor or chain-mail made to look Darth Vader-esque? XD

What does her being a girl have to do with anything? DK1 :mistress: kicked some ass in melee too.

Who-horny
November 2nd, 2009, 22:56
Just a layer of leather over her skin to stop her blood and vital organs falling out will do ^^

Hamster-Damned
November 3rd, 2009, 11:20
What does her being a girl have to do with anything? DK1 :mistress: kicked some ass in melee too.

Good example for defending women, DK1 Mistresses were sluttier than Horny is horny! Heehee, just teasing though. ^.~

DragonsLover
November 4th, 2009, 21:31
Okay guys, I don't know what to do. It's so difficult for me to follow everything for both Dasoop and Mikaelios. I have so much things to think at once and with the increasing amount of players, I'm completely OUT of the game, not participating actively. It seems that I don't have the same posting rate than you, or perhaps I got a lack of interest, or perhaps it's just too hard for me. And now, I'm thinking of leaving for not to be a millstone attached to your feet.

... and this saddens me.

Metal Gear Rex
November 4th, 2009, 21:36
Wow... this sucks... that's all I can think of at the moment...

obliven1993
November 4th, 2009, 21:52
DAMN US AND OUR OVER DEVELOPED RPG BRAINS! DAMN THEM TO HELL ALONG WITH FINAL FANTASY VII!!!!

Evi
November 4th, 2009, 21:55
Just take it easy, read when you can, and post when you want too.

Nobody is forcing you to do so, so just take your time.

Duke Ragereaver
November 4th, 2009, 22:02
Having a role as a Keeper is actually more demanding than a creature character, so I hope everyone can show some sympathy to DragonsLover to say the least.

And I would also like to say, like I mentioned before, please limit unnessesary posts and make summeries that cover most if not all important details of the post you've made.

Hamster-Damned
November 4th, 2009, 22:38
Kanquios will miss Dasoop...

Who-horny
November 4th, 2009, 22:48
The important thing is that you have fun DragonsLover.

DragonsLover
November 4th, 2009, 22:59
Thanks for the comments. And no, I'm not leaving. :) I only said I was "thinking" to do so, which is not the case actually. I just panicked a bit, but it's over now as I realized it was not that serious. I must say, I don't blame any of you. You're making the RP alive. It's just me that must try to be more active which is not always obvious. I'll do my best. And now that Kanquios is there, I should be more often posting. Sorry for that inconvenience and thanks again.

Metal Gear Rex
November 5th, 2009, 00:01
Oh goody, you're not leave.

And about Kanquios, yeah I'm afraid it's not to be...

Who-horny
November 5th, 2009, 00:17
There's plenty of other lizards in the sea y'know man?

Metal Gear Rex
November 5th, 2009, 00:23
Flare's dead... maybe I'll bring Blaise into the picture! He's a Demon Spawn! Does Dasoop like drunk ladies' men demon spawns? Lolz.

Hamster-Damned did say she'd leave Dasoop Kiboo... lolz

Evi
November 5th, 2009, 01:07
Ivan isn't gonna be the life of the RPG for quite awhile now.

Expect Groogo to take the Spotlight, and Lena burning in Hell.

Metal Gear Rex
November 5th, 2009, 01:09
At least keep Lena alive to witness Kanquios and Roach for a moment, that'll bring some laughs.

Hamster-Damned
November 5th, 2009, 10:15
And now that Kanquios is there, I should be more often posting. Sorry for that inconvenience and thanks again.

Sorry Dasoop... Kanquios will be with Roach now. It'll be an odd couple.

:beetle:/:demon: <3
Roach/Kanquios <3
^.~ Heehee

Metal Gear Rex
November 6th, 2009, 08:21
This isn't truly important but wow, the total posts for Heavenarius' topics is equal to 777. I was about to post but I don't wanna ruin it... Just like DK2Player is a Chicken with 666 posts... Keep it that way.

Who-horny
November 17th, 2009, 22:11
Sorry I've not been posting franticly in the middle of the Crystal barrow calamity; distractions and the lark. I'll post on the morrow I swear!

Scout's honour *Holds up two severed fingers on a necklace*

Metal Gear Rex
November 17th, 2009, 22:19
Yay! Without Thefsuth, who will wrestle the dwarves to the ground?

Oh and a question about undead, does their gender depends on the life they were before? Or no gender.

Duke Ragereaver
November 17th, 2009, 22:35
Welcome back Who-Horny, glad to see Thefsuth back into action. :)

Oh and a question about undead, does their gender depends on the life they were before? Or no gender.

Yes, their gender depends when they were still living. Though I don't think it will really matter except for vampires maybe...

Metal Gear Rex
November 17th, 2009, 22:38
Oh... would an Elven Archer be considered a girl? They were (According to the speech) in DK2. I need at least one girl in that Hero Invasion in Crystalbarrow to re-create my ghost idea!

Scary thought, female dwarf. (Bearded lady)

Monsterbaby
November 21st, 2009, 23:02
Hey - last time I played a RPG was 8 years ago, with a pen and paper D&D game.

So, I would like to try this out. Any advice before I start? I read all the guidelines and rules. But concerning character, etc? I don't assume I can choose freely.

And are you guys in need of any specific character? Because I won't mind beeing nearly any character.

But all in all I would like to know a bit more, and perhaps join in! It sounds very entertaining and fun!

Evi
November 21st, 2009, 23:04
You be what you want to be. :D

Monsterbaby
November 21st, 2009, 23:04
How do I join? xD What to do? I bet I need to read up on most of the previous stuff going on.

Any tips for a newbie? :P

Mothrayas
November 21st, 2009, 23:06
PM a character profile to Duke Ragereaver or Dragonslover, if they approve you can create a topic in the Lair and then you can RP away :D.

As for tips, just read the 'General RPG Guidelines', and it won't go too bad.

Monsterbaby
November 21st, 2009, 23:19
Where is all the "action" taking place? Is that a restricted part of the forum, only for the people whose character has been approved by the moderators?

I'm just checking out every corner of the forum, to find out how this is being played. I read the character profiles in the Lair, but I cannot really find any interaction threads between the characters or any actions.

Already now I have a bit of an idea of what character I'll be and its personality. But I'll give it few more days to think about, before I jump into the pond.

Metal Gear Rex
November 21st, 2009, 23:21
Check the Heavenarius thread. The two Realms Frozengard and Crystalbarrow are in there.

Monsterbaby
Awesome thanks! :) I found it!

Mothrayas
Frozengard Wastelands (http://forum.keeperklan.com/frozengard-wastelands-t53.html)
Crystalbarrow Catacombs (http://forum.keeperklan.com/crystalbarrow-catacombs-t49.html)

How you didn't notice these is beyond me.

EDIT:****ing ninjas

Duke Ragereaver
November 23rd, 2009, 07:46
Ladies and gentlemen, I now present you the ability to transfer your creature! But there may be a catch...

Transfering creatures

People can transfer now their creatures, but the higher the level, the higher the penalty.

Level 1 - 3 : no penalty
Level 4 - 5: 1 level penalty
Level 5 - 7: 2 levels penalty
Level 8 - 9: 3 levels penalty
Level 10: 4 levels penalty

Quite severe the last ones eh? I've come up with an idea with that. And finally made a use for the Scavenger Room in the RPG! If the Scavenger Room is builded in the realm you are in, it lowers the transfering costs by 1 (considering you are level 4 or higher), it's again lowered by 1 if the realm you want to transfer your creature has a Scavenger Room! Let's look at the costs now.

Level 1 - 3 : no penalty
Level 4 - 5: no penalty
Level 5 - 7: 1, (with 1 Scavenger Room) 0 (with 2 Scavenger Rooms)
Level 8 - 9: 2, (with 1 Scavenger Room) 1 (with 2 Scavenger Rooms)
Level 10: 3 (with 1 Scavenger Room), 2 (with 2 Scavenger Rooms)

Metal Gear Rex
November 23rd, 2009, 11:55
If both realms have the Scavanger Room, the creature will be "Scavanged" and then will appear in the Scavanger Room I presume?

What Icon are you gonna use, or have you already decided? I haven't look, about to though.

1-3 no penalty? Yay, I'll keep Crystice at level 3 and bring her to the other realm for the great drama of confronting Emmra, :D Lolz.

Maybe it'll also make things easier for DL too, come to think of it Crystice/Mechrin are the only creatures that bring great drama to Frozengard. Heh...

Duke Ragereaver
November 24th, 2009, 15:58
If both realms have the Scavanger Room, the creature will be "Scavanged" and then will appear in the Scavanger Room I presume?

Yes, the Scavenger Room can also serve as an alternative to the portal when entering a realm.

What Icon are you gonna use, or have you already decided? I haven't look, about to though.

You can find it in the RPG rules, section rooms. ;)

Ladies and gentlemen, another announcement! In the comming weeks I'l open... not one but two!!! new realms! Some new Keepers are awake now. :horny:

Evi
November 24th, 2009, 21:33
Two new Realms!? Thats great news! :D

Metal Gear Rex
November 24th, 2009, 21:41
Yay! Creature Increase Time! :D

I hope we don't have a Troll problem in one of these realms... so many Warlocks... an insect problem would be nice for food for the Gods... like how Roach was... almost...

Dark_Omega MK2
November 24th, 2009, 21:43
Excelent... now i can plan my third and last creature...

Metal Gear Rex
November 24th, 2009, 21:53
Umm... already we have max creatures of 3. And in Crystalbarrow you can get a new creature after Roach eats Emundo.

Dark_Omega MK2
November 24th, 2009, 21:55
Umm... already we have max creatures of 3. And in Crystalbarrow you can get a new creature after Roach eats Emundo.

i have two right now... and when i get rid of Edmundo ill be able to make 2 more XD

Duke Ragereaver
November 25th, 2009, 19:51
The new realms will be in the northen icy place of Northland and the southen watery Red Crystal islands, check the War for Heavenarius for their locations. And I'm going to reveal the names of the Keepers of those realms they are... going to be revealed after the break. :p But back to the point, the Keepers, Tesonu and Kuroki are noone else but Metal Gear Rex and nijuni_kuro respectively! Each of these new Keepers have their own unique qualities, the Keeper List has some info over them.

Apart from these new realms, everyone is allowed to have 1 extra creature profile, making it a total of 4 creatures you can have. But you still can only have 2 ones in a single realm.

Metal Gear Rex
November 25th, 2009, 19:56
I knew it! It was me lying to me to find out who the keepers were! :D

obliven1993
November 25th, 2009, 19:57
*spits tea all over screen* aww man I wanted to XD ah well congrats Njuni and MGR.

Duke Ragereaver
November 25th, 2009, 20:15
*spits tea all over screen* aww man I wanted to XD ah well congrats Njuni and MGR.

*Flashback 31th of October* :D

*punchs evi in the face* shudap! I dont want to be a keeper in the first place XD

Metal Gear Rex
November 25th, 2009, 20:21
Oh that is hilarious!

*Sitting alone in Northland dungeon*
When do we get the free food?

obliven1993
November 25th, 2009, 20:31
........craaaaaaaappppp Evi you made me say stuff I dont mean ah well. I might be able to get the next one...in a few months...

Who-horny
November 25th, 2009, 20:32
So much for my Keeper Evi hypothesis.

I just hope no one remembered that I bet Thefsuth's loin cloth on the matter.

Wooo! Although I have no hope of ever thinking up a 3rd character anytime soon... I'll be reading the new Rps all the same!

Okay Oblivion! But I get the Keeper after you!

... 6 keepers... we may have to wait a while for that.

Evi
November 25th, 2009, 20:36
........craaaaaaaappppp Evi you made me say stuff I dont mean ah well. I might be able to get the next one...in a few months...

Mwahahahahahaha!

So much for my Keeper Evi hypothesis.

There is always next time. :p

Who-horny
November 25th, 2009, 20:52
We can't wait for ALL of us to become keepers!

Dark_Omega MK2
November 25th, 2009, 21:26
im totally making a character in Tesonu's Dungeon... congratz Metal Gear Rex:)

nijuni_kuro
November 26th, 2009, 23:46
congrats Nijuni and MGR.
Thanks. Hope I'll do a good job on it.

congratz Metal Gear Rex
What, no congratz for me? :mad:

Dark_Omega MK2
November 27th, 2009, 00:18

sorry :(... congratz nijuni_kuro :D

Metal Gear Rex
November 27th, 2009, 01:32
Thanks. Hope I'll do a good job on it.

I believe in you... my son...
lolz

:P I iz moar populrz. (Crystice:warlock::D)
:tunneller::dwarf: :D

Dark_Omega MK2
November 27th, 2009, 06:31
Next time... ill be the keeper... and ill be awesome... (and by awesome i mean ill most likely do a really nasty job... and pretty much never become a keeper >.>)

Searingflame2
November 27th, 2009, 07:34
Sorry nijuni, i meant to say Congrats to both you and rex, but in perfect honesty, i always leave you out for a simple reason; the vast majority of the time, i've forgotten how to spell your name, and i'd rather not appear foolish.

I'll imprint it into my memory now *THINKS INTENSELY*

Dark_Omega MK2
November 27th, 2009, 07:40
I'll imprint it into my memory now *THINKS INTENSELY*

THAT IS NOT HOW MEMORY WORKS!!!! D8<<<

Who-horny
November 27th, 2009, 16:15
I just translate it into English and say "22" and hope he realizes I'm talking to him.

Next time... ill be the keeper

Okay, is there any one here that DOESN'T want to be a keeper?

Metal Gear Rex
November 27th, 2009, 16:18
Bob the Imp?

Mothrayas
November 27th, 2009, 17:55

Me?

Who-horny
November 28th, 2009, 12:33
As any reader of the Red Crystal Isles and Northland will have seen we're starting Realms with briefings from the Mentor (Written by me!) to help give an idea of plot points.

I was wondering of what you all thought of them (the typos were from me witting past midnight... never a good thing)

Searingflame2
November 28th, 2009, 12:45
Well, Who, excellent work once again. You've got a nack for realling capturing the DK-esque style of things!

Bob the Imp?
Yes, he's had reference made to him a few times so i decided i'd use him, too :-)

THAT IS NOT HOW MEMORY WORKS!!!! D8<<<
Not true. If you think about something and block everything else out, chances are you're going to remember it (providing you get reminded of it once and again).

Well, being a keeper IS pretty damned fun, so i don't see why not. But the newcomers, like Mothrayas, who already said "me?" to that question, well, he might be saying no simply because he doesn't fully get the goings on yet.

When he's more experienced, i'm sure he'll want a spot, too.

SO my answer; NO!! ITS AWESOMECAEKZ

Metal Gear Rex
November 29th, 2009, 14:03
How often are paydays again? Wait, I forgot does Duke announce it or is it up to the Keeper?

Side-note.

I'm not going to do this, but I'm curious... if I put all the posts in all four RPG realms in a Word document and edited it so it no longer has repeated stuff (Repeating what one creature said to another) how long would it be?

Who-horny
November 29th, 2009, 14:09
VERY long.

Don't forget the massive thread for Crystal Barrow we left in the old forum.

And you decide when pay day is, but if you were lazy like me you'd just have them at the same time Keeper Kuroki or Larquidos has them.

Metal Gear Rex
November 29th, 2009, 14:14
Well the time hugly varies. Crystalbarrow could have one maybe around now like how it did durring the last battle, lolz. But I haven't been keeping up.

Frozengard only had a single payday, and that was it, lolz.

Can't talk about the new realms just yet.

Who-horny
November 29th, 2009, 14:18
Pay days can be quite sparing, as it takes time for creatures to spend their gold.

Metal Gear Rex
November 29th, 2009, 14:54
Well...

Casino (Big time)
Manufacturers (Giant monument of creatures and maybe armor/weapons)
Researchers (Sex-changing potions :D)
Bribes (Who doesn't like a good gold bribe?)
Dark Mistresses (I'll let your mind wonder on that one)
Crystice (Mechrin only... letting your mind wonder...)
Ice Cream Man (Ice Cream is needed... Keeper Tesonu loves it...)

Hamster-Damned
December 2nd, 2009, 09:24
Wow, alota things happened while I was gone. Congrats Metal Gear Rex and ninjuni on becoming Keepers, sorry if I misspleled that.

I'm afraid I might have to drop 2 of my characters with the little time that I have in order to stay part of this. And I'll be dropping Kanquios and Defando. For some reason I am really fond of Kiboo. Sorry about missing out.

Who-horny
December 2nd, 2009, 18:05
Naw... I was looking forward to many an interaction with Defendo....

Duke Ragereaver
December 3rd, 2009, 22:46
Hello people, just a notice, I'l be taking a few days off as DM because the December month is already stressing enough as it is. I'l expect the RPG will be the way it is now; good. If not, PM me, but only in that case because I will not respond on PMs unless the thing I've just mentioned or it's just urgent ofcourse.

Have a nice day and happy RP'ing!

Who-horny
December 4th, 2009, 00:11
He just ran off with out telling me if I'm in charge or not! Now I'll be second guessing my self all the time!

....so do I post Drell's response or not?

Dark_Omega MK2
December 4th, 2009, 01:01
He just ran off with out telling me if I'm in charge or not! Now I'll be second guessing my self all the time!

....so do I post Drell's response or not?

*Grith votes that Thefsuth should be in charge of the spaguetti house of wonders*

Duke Ragereaver
December 4th, 2009, 07:52
Alright, I'm done with the RPG for now, do not PM me about it. All new creature profiles need to be send to DragonsLover now only, profiles that have already been PM'ed to me will be taken under consideration but don't expect any response on new profiles from me.

Who-horny
December 4th, 2009, 20:10
*Thefsuth puts on Dukey's GM hat*

An' tha world just became a nice place yer inbreeds!

On a more serious note. As Dukey is leaving (who knows how long for) I I'll attempt to run the Rp.

But unlike my troll I'm not a tyrant. If you (Who ever you are) don't think I should run this thing just tell me, and well sort this out. (I'm thinking of you Dragonlover, as you are an official GM in the official seance)

I'm already the "Plot Guru" as Dukey put it and I'm an experienced Forum Rper (Since 2004 woo!) and this would not be my first Meta Rp I've GMed.

I'll probably be more hands on and generally annoying than Dukey, but that's just me ^^

My first bid of action is to try to stop Frozengard from being devoured by inactivity!

Who-horny
December 5th, 2009, 23:03
Okay, Forzengard is moving nicely again... plenty of good character interaction.

Now, as no one has shouted at me "WHO! You can't be a GM! Your type writer is TOO small!" I'll sit easy in my chair and ask;

What does everyone think of the Rp at this moment? What aren't you happy with at the moment? What do you like about it's current state? Be honest, I want your feedback.

And the plot... do you give a rat's arse about the War for Heavernarius thread and all it's plotty goodness?

Metal Gear Rex
December 5th, 2009, 23:10
For the RP, it's alright. I still am quite curious on a number of things and how they work.

For the plot, I haven't read it. I don't have to read it at all, but I sort of want to. The fact that it is red is discouraging to read. I find it annoying when long mentor posts are in read, since I have to read it. Black is fitting too, and it is easier on the eyes. Tell me, what looks better?

For the RP, it's alright. I still am quite curious on a number of things and how they work. For the plot, I haven't read it. I don't have to read it at all, but I sort of want to. The fact that it is red is discouraging to read. I find it annoying when long mentor posts are in read, since I have to read it. Black is fitting too, and it is easier on the eyes. Tell me, what looks better?

For the RP, it's alright. I still am quite curious on a number of things and how they work. For the plot, I haven't read it. I don't have to read it at all, but I sort of want to. The fact that it is red is discouraging to read. I find it annoying when long mentor posts are in read, since I have to read it. Black is fitting too, and it is easier on the eyes. Tell me, what looks better?

Who-horny
December 5th, 2009, 23:16
In black quote boxes red looks better ^^

If I get forum GM powers (hah! They'd be mad to do that!) or Dukey comes back I'll put the Chapters in quote boxes so it's easier to read.

Suggestion! You highlight the red text your reading! White on dark blue is MUCH easier to read than Dark red on grey.

Evi
December 5th, 2009, 23:18
What I think about the RP?

I love it, playing as a Creature for once, Spider specially, is very enjoyable.

:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:
Five Thefsuths out of Five!

The Plot, I have read the plot, and I have to say, I like it, it fits Dungeon Keeper.

*Insert Four Pixie Icons as a rating*

Who-horny
December 5th, 2009, 23:22
But the difficulty I have is developing it in what is eventually a very slow passed RTS game. You'll get hints and stuff sparingly.

Although really I should wait until some one completes a realm so I can drop the BIGGY Plot developments!

It's difficult trying to generate interest in the mean time...

Metal Gear Rex
December 5th, 2009, 23:27
At this point it is hard to get interest which can make it quite boring now... another reason I haven't felt up to reading it. There isn't much known about Dungeon Keeper so you have to use lot of your imagination when writing it. Can't blame you if the plot isn't perfect, only if there isn't enough interest but sometimes when looking at the overall plot, it isn't interesting.

You want one of us to complete the realm?

Uhh.... yeah....

Who-horny
December 5th, 2009, 23:43
The plots to RTSs aren't interesting to the solders, that's the problem.

Unless our creatures have a reason to have an emotional connection to the war it won't be interesting to them.

Sure, Ivan could be on a revenge against King Lionheart and the Baron for destroying his birth mother's Keeper,

or Emmra could constantly be trying to stop the war in a hopeless struggle,

But Vergil will just be looking for a drink, Rob for people to kill, Thefsuth for the status of Keeper so he can set things right, and Groogo for a hug.

Hmm which Creature are veterans of the War for the Overworld again? Groogo is... Evi's nude Dark Elf is... Thefsuth's been around since the opening cinematic for Dungeon Keeper 1, but then I run out of names...

Metal Gear Rex
December 5th, 2009, 23:49
Who says names must all be unique? They can repeat. Name one That, it is possible to get that as a name in DK1.

But does it have to be so damn emotional?

Care for me to PM you some history of Roach and perhaps his heritage?

Emmra is simply hoping for peace, Crystice just wants to survive. Garlic and Ririi aren't too involved either.

Evi
December 5th, 2009, 23:52
Hmm which Creature are veterans of the War for the Overworld again? Groogo is... Evi's nude Dark Elf is... Thefsuth's been around since the opening cinematic for Dungeon Keeper 1, but then I run out of names...

Veterans

Groogo the Bile Demon, Rob the Dark Knight, Zael the Dark Elf, Din the Warlock, Defando the Troll can be considered one, Thefsuth the Troll, and Bob the Imp.

:D

Metal Gear Rex
December 5th, 2009, 23:58
Crystice's parents were veterinarians, want to hear about them?

Who-horny
December 6th, 2009, 00:12
Yes!

And it's interesting you're such a fan of the Vets Evi!

We should have a memorial day some when in one of the realms so we can all make up war stories ^^

Who-horny
December 6th, 2009, 15:33
Howdie Creatures!

I've been playing around with the maps (Any excuse not to do something productive) and I realized that the way three of the four keepers represent reinforced walls is uttaly wrong; Mikealios, Tesonu, and Larquidos all use borders insteed of full squares (I've noticed Rex uses half squares so he gets half a brownie. 22 and Kuroki can have the rest of the brownies)

I've also realized it makes editing a map a real pain in the hand of evil some times. So I decided to see what I realm looked like with more accurate walls:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3865/frozengardtest.png

It's by no means perfect, not all of the squares are actually square and I couldn't be bothered to change the walk ways to being the correct width so it's a tad warped in places.

But it also gives a better idea of how big each room is. And it makes placing Traps Oh-so much easer.

I just wanted to know if you hated it or not.

(And thanks again to 22 (yes, that's how I'm typing your name from now on) for doing this from the beginning)

Dark_Omega MK2
December 6th, 2009, 19:44
you could also use the wall pattern of the actual game and simply adjust it to the needed size :D

Who-horny
December 6th, 2009, 20:06
When you're working in paint it's easier to use paint produced things ^^

Grey squares with a blob in them are very easy to manipulate when your trying to get things to fit together.

So do you think we should swap the Maps? Or stick to the original ones?

Dark_Omega MK2
December 6th, 2009, 20:10
When you're working in paint it's easier to use paint produced things ^^

Grey squares with a blob in them are very easy to manipulate when your trying to get things to fit together.

So do you think we should swap the Maps? Or stick to the original ones?

I think the keepers should do the maps the way its easier for them... and of course... when working in paint... doing a a grey look its much much easier... i think you are right then XD... using original pattern will take much more time to get a map done... and its actually not worth it...

the walls... could be made both ways... the way its now... and the way you put here... but keeping in the sizes that needs to be at least believable... if keeper has a room or 5x5 in his map (like the dungeon heart)... the walls need to be 1/5 aprox of that size... that would make sense

Who-horny
December 6th, 2009, 20:14
I'm happy to convert the maps my self.

Frozengard is done.

Red Crystal Isles are done.

Northland might take some time.

Crystalbarrow will take a loooong time.

I'll ask Rex and Seringflame if they want them before I invest time into it.

Evi you can use this map above, or if you don't like it you could continue to make my job difficult and use your original map ^^

Evi
December 6th, 2009, 20:15
I'll use the new one, no worries. :D

Or will I? :demon:

Dark_Omega MK2
December 6th, 2009, 20:16
well they look nice the way you are painting them... but the walls gives me more sensation of steel ratter than walls but i guess thats just me XDDD

Who-horny
December 6th, 2009, 20:20
Evi you big tease! Make sure to save them as PNG, Rex saved his as JPEG and all his colours blended into each other, then he saved them in Gif and all the colours went haywire ^^

And I know what you're talking about Omega, I could play around with the colours a little more.

I did try putting imperfections in it to make it look more like rock, dots of black and stuff, but it made things really complicated.

(And by the way, that lair can hold up to 77 creatures!)

Metal Gear Rex
December 6th, 2009, 20:22
Why do you think it took so long re-coloring?

Also, I don't like having to do this. I don't see too much point, what's wrong with it being uneven? I like it like that. In the game, it had to be solid but we're not quite in the game anymore, let's not make it a boring old repeating pattern.

Who-horny
December 6th, 2009, 20:25
Right, that saves me from doing Rex's map!

*Takes a long, deep look at Crystalbarow*

We're gonna need a bigger boat...

Dark_Omega MK2
December 6th, 2009, 20:26
Right, that saves me from doing Rex's map!

*Takes a long, deep look at Crystalbarow*

We're gonna need a bigger boat...

*calls the ghostbusters...?*

Who-horny
December 6th, 2009, 20:29
Wrong Movie!

The Ghostbuster's quote is: "That's a pretty big Twinky..."

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." is JAWS!

But that's off topic ^^

Dark_Omega MK2
December 6th, 2009, 20:30
Wrong Movie!

The Ghostbuster's quote is: "That's a pretty big Twinky..."

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." is JAWS!

But that's off topic ^^

ugh... *calls the service of the international organization of X-Sigma*

nijuni_kuro
December 6th, 2009, 22:16
What does everyone think of the Rp at this moment? What aren't you happy with at the moment? What do you like about it's current state? Be honest, I want your feedback.

And the plot... do you give a rat's arse about the War for Heavernarius thread and all it's plotty goodness?
Well, we are trying to make an RP based on 2 strategy games. In my opinion, good aspects of both have been taken and bad ones removed, creating a great blend of the 2. There are both keepers and creatures, giving both a feel of a strategy game AND role-playing game. Just like DK games were a mix of strategy and 1st-person shooters :). So far, I think it's doing great.

Plot... Read it & liked it. Never gave too much thought to it while RPing, tho', always thought you guys would try keeping everything "connected" (especially you, Who XD).

We should have a memorial day some when in one of the realms so we can all make up war stories ^^
Yeah, that sounds cool. But it would be a real bad idea to get creatures to leave some realms in the mist of a battle just to get to some reunion. Or at least weird...

(I've noticed Rex uses half squares so he gets half a brownie. 22 and Kuroki can have the rest of the brownies)

(...)

(And thanks again to 22 (yes, that's how I'm typing your name from now on) for doing this from the beginning)
22 (yup, that's me :3): Yum! Brownies!
Kuroki (my somewhat-evil alter-ego): "Ah, excellent! More evil brownies for our evil cause!"
*Hand of evil comes out of the ceiling and takes a brownie. Chewing noise is heard afterwards.*
"It's good to be bad!"

*calls the ghostbusters...?*
*Calls the Ghost Busters*
22: False alarm, Mr. Venkman. Some guy called the wrong number.

Dark_Omega MK2
December 9th, 2009, 00:53
HI GUISE!!!

Just to let you know that ill be gone for vacations for 1 week (starting tomorrow)

now i know no one cares... but just read it and pretend you listened :D

MGR: dont delete and dont be a wh*re DDD8<
Who-Horny: Just to let you know...
Grith: *Slap*
Mr. X: You are in charge of world domination

Who-horny
December 9th, 2009, 20:56
Who-Horny

Pleease, call me Whoey =)

Glad you told us Omega! It saves the trouble of some one having a character start a conversation with your creatures and then standing around for a week looking confused as what to do ^^

Creatures must get so embarrassed when we much up and time stops moving around people right next to them ^^

Glad you like your Nick 22! As there's no way in the Underworld I'm rememebering how to spell your actual name...

And good to hear the RTS aspects and Plot are getting appreciation, as the plot is very progressive; we've got a long journey before we can get into Glorydale, so I'm constantly adding plans and ideas of what things I can use to fill up the story lines until the end game.

I've got a biiiiiiiig word document with all your future fates ^^ It's detailed and flexible as I want to give a story telling aspect that was missing from the campaigns of DK and DKII. So if any of the side characters I add in to give you some one to kill utters ANYTHING it will probably resurface half a year later! I hope to put our keepers threw quite the journey.

The creatures probably wont care/notice.

And you're right about the memorial day thing 22, we'd have to have it in parallel continuity in the Social Group thingy.

The pointless tinkering with the CrystalBarrow map is one 6th complete! But I'm going to call it 1 half complete because I CAN NOT be bothered to do the whole thing!

Duke Ragereaver
December 11th, 2009, 07:38
Alright people, due some incidents I'm taking back control of the RPG.

Who-horny
December 11th, 2009, 21:24
Welcome back Dukey!

I'm sorry your Christmas break got cut short, but hope you enjoyed it while you lasted.

Oh, and I have an announcement:

I'm a moderator now!

*Woo!*

Metal Gear Rex
December 11th, 2009, 21:27
You mean a forum moderator?

Everybody run! Thefsuth can control our posts!

*Hides under rock*

lolz

Thefsuth EDIT: *Rock turns into moosh after a demigod like flash of lightning* Get yer gubby self out from that rock! We need yer grubb like fingers workin' on character posts!

...and that's the first and last time I abuse my power for laughs.

Searingflame2
December 30th, 2009, 15:04
I'm off till the second peeps. BAIYO!!!!!!!!! See you all in the new year :-)

Metal Gear Rex
December 31st, 2009, 03:33
I'm off till the second peeps. BAIYO!!!!!!!!! See you all in the new year :-)

Crap! I should have asked if Admortis could be my slave...

dk2player
December 31st, 2009, 04:01
You mean a forum moderator?

Everybody run! Thefsuth can control our posts!

*Hides under rock*

lolz

Thefsuth EDIT: *Rock turns into moosh after a demigod like flash of lightning* Get yer gubby self out from that rock! We need yer grubb like fingers workin' on character posts!

...and that's the first and last time I abuse my power for laughs.

*audience silent*. Get off the stage. no one likes abusing power.

XD

:D

Who-horny
January 4th, 2010, 20:27
DANG DANG DANG!

I really need more time to keep track of my various shenanigans.

Angry Reaper
February 6th, 2010, 07:16
i just sent a profile of a mistrees to duke, if she is approved she will be in Northland ice (happy day for keeper tesonue...).

Metal Gear Rex
February 6th, 2010, 07:49
i just sent a profile of a mistrees to duke, if she is approved she will be in Northland ice (happy day for keeper tesonue...).

It is Tesonu!

And he'll be happy when he wakes up from his drunken nap.

Angry Reaper
February 6th, 2010, 16:51
you know what I think il send you a copy of the profile metal gear.

Who-horny
February 7th, 2010, 20:56
Hay chums.

I've come here to apologize for my dissaperence. Over the Christmas holidays I received some tragic news, and at my age one can't simply Deal with things, so I sank away and re hashed my social life and sadly this forum and it's wonderful Rp got left behind.

I regret vanishing as it really wasn't fair on you guys, more so as it happened right at the point in time when I became a vital part to the Rp. Being a GM is should have taken the responsibility to stick with the project, but sadly that didn't happen.

I've been away from the forum for so long party because I needed the courage to show my user-name after vanishing, which, again, isn't fair to you.

I'm sorry to say I'm not returning at this moment. I simply can't commit my time to the Rp at this moment. But I will be back, maybe not for a while and maybe only in a small way, but Thefsuth just wont allow me to forget him.

Until next time; Whoey.

Evi
February 7th, 2010, 21:06
Hay chums.

I've come here to apologize for my dissaperence. Over the Christmas holidays I received some tragic news, and at my age one can't simply Deal with things, so I sank away and re hashed my social life and sadly this forum and it's wonderful Rp got left behind.

I regret vanishing as it really wasn't fair on you guys, more so as it happened right at the point in time when I became a vital part to the Rp. Being a GM is should have taken the responsibility to stick with the project, but sadly that didn't happen.

I've been away from the forum for so long party because I needed the courage to show my user-name after vanishing, which, again, isn't fair to you.

I'm sorry to say I'm not returning at this moment. I simply can't commit my time to the Rp at this moment. But I will be back, maybe not for a while and maybe only in a small way, but Thefsuth just wont allow me to forget him.

Until next time; Whoey.

Hey!

At least you told us you won't be back for awhile. :D

We can be patient.

Angry Reaper
February 7th, 2010, 21:24
Hay chums.

Until next time; Whoey.

Lets hope you can at least attend to small things in the rp soon, Thefsuth is what makes his relm awesome, and we can't do big things without a GM:(

Dark_Omega MK2
February 8th, 2010, 00:44
Hay chums.

Until next time; Whoey.

Please come back soon, the RP is extremely horribly boring without someone to command it. Good luck and welcome back... almost.

Searingflame2
February 8th, 2010, 08:05
Thanks for calling Who, i eagerly await your return, as do we all. Hope everything resolves itself and that Thefsuth will return to giving me a lol-a-post.

nijuni_kuro
February 8th, 2010, 23:24
It's okay, Who. Take your time to put yourself together, we understand. We'll still miss you, tho. :(

Sire
February 25th, 2010, 04:16
Part of me wonders if we will ever finish the RP. Sure, it will take a long, long time, but it would be awesome if the RP could ever be truely finished. I have never seen a RP ever get fully completed, and all the plotlines later become a faded memory. Course if we did finish The Awakening, by then most of us here will probably have a true job and a family to take care of, perhaps even grandchildren.
The thing is, as we get older, normally we have less and less time to work with for other things. We also change interests and may move on to something else instead. Something may also happen in the world or community that forces us to split or take different paths. The RP's life can be possibly extended with more DK games and modifications. The thing is trying to keep interest in the RP and DK for a very long period of time. Mario has been around for years and it seems no one has been tired of him. I hope this RP and the community will do the same (although that's hoping too much...).

Main reason I posted here however is for a question.
When Keepers start getting around to different realms, is it possible for to Keepers that are roleplayed by players will meet with their respective armies?
This can create an alliance between the two player keepers with their minions talking to each other and other interactions, or create enemies, battling possible old friends and companions because of transfers.

If I ever get the chance to get Victor to Crystalbarrow, it'll be interesting fighting or interacting with his old comrades in Northland.
...Now that I think of it, the Awakening Roleplay should be recorded down somewhere, both the old storylines on the old forum as well as this one. It'll be nice to reflect on the memories and legacies we created for our characters.

...I should stop rambling here. I was about to start posting about memories and start getting off-topic...

Edit:

Actually, if one tries to think mathmatically, it's possible with good activity this RP's story can be completed in 5-10 years instead of a lifetime like I orginally said.

--End of Message--

Metal Gear Rex
March 1st, 2010, 07:05
I had a similar idea but it was at the end of the realm, once final judgement can be passed. We would post this at the first post and last post of a realm to make sure it is heard, the adventures of the keeper.

It would be the keeper's job to write it, or maybe the writer himself (No herself needed unless Who-horny is a female or if I turn into a female through my "girly" yet still "horrid" appearance with my long hair and long nails (At least I don't paint them!) and the fact that I like to skip). And it should keep some juicy stuff off of creature relationships which may make readers want to look back and re-read.

Also, I suggest we begin using the battle report thingy or status that I got at the end of my Northland battle post just now on page... 37 (Damn, we're close to payday, wonder if it will happen again! O_O)

It helps people remember what details are what about enemies, in case they miss that in the actual post. We would have those lists and add onto them, like so...

Rouge #1

Blah
Blah2
Blah3

New

Blah
Blah2
Blah3

And also, Duke, do we have to send our profiles to you again when we enter a new realm or will that be too much hell for you? And do we have levels drop for us too?

And as a writer, I have seen the other side, the other world. I know what Who-horny knows, I have become the almighty Omni Brain! I know the winner and outcome of this battle! It is CENSERED! Isn't that right Duke!?

Duke Ragereaver
March 1st, 2010, 07:53
And also, Duke, do we have to send our profiles to you again when we enter a new realm or will that be too much hell for you? And do we have levels drop for us too?

I'l entrust you roleplayers good enough you can do that yourself. And you HAVE to drop levels depending how much on his/her current level.

Sire
March 1st, 2010, 12:36
So when we finish a realm we drop in levels?

Good. Victor won't be power leveling then. :D

MeinCookie
March 1st, 2010, 12:50
I take your talking of transfer costs?

Metal Gear Rex
March 1st, 2010, 22:47
I take your talking of transfer costs?

Probably but without the Scavanger Room to help, so we take the full blow otherwise it would be too easy you know?

Sire
March 2nd, 2010, 02:14
While a signature question, it still pertains to the RP.

Is it possible to view your signature while typing it as it would show on the real signature itself? I rather have two vertical organized rows for my RP characters instead of a single tower that takes up a bit of room...

Metal Gear Rex
March 20th, 2010, 11:42
One question, what happens when a realm is completed? Does that Keeper go to create a new realm or do we wait for the others to finish theirs?

In the case of the former, there may be a drastic wait time before the last realm.

In the case of the latter, I suggest we can still RP in that realm but just creatures going back and fourth and interacting and stuff maybe.

But how will it work Duke?

@Sire
Yeah, use "_" or "-" maybe even "." to sepperate them apart. I had it like that once.

Duke Ragereaver
March 20th, 2010, 14:46
So when we finish a realm we drop in levels?

Sorry, I misinterprented. Well, I'm still thinking how to do this, it would be a fine reward for creatures to keep their levels when being present in a realm finish. But this could be used as loophole however.

One question, what happens when a realm is completed? Does that Keeper go to create a new realm or do we wait for the others to finish theirs?

In the case of the former, there may be a drastic wait time before the last realm.

It really depends on the realms at the time, but yes, I will try to keep the realms as close as each other as possible

In the case of the latter, I suggest we can still RP in that realm but just creatures going back and fourth and interacting and stuff maybe.

Maybe.

Duke Ragereaver
March 22nd, 2010, 12:12
Good day roleplayers! I've got a small new thing you can add to your creature profile; Alignment. D&D players are probbaly familair with this, it's correct, I've copied the whole article down here from it's wikipedia source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)). The bit that is relevant is down here. See this new feature as an expansion to your creatures' personality without the need for much words to explain it.

Just look to my warlock profile now, now you have a bit more of an idea about his personality.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/dark_omega/Din.png

Name: Din ‘Dawndeath’ Eden
Creature type: Warlock
Personality: Relusive, patient
Alignment: Lawful neutral/evil
Current level: 2.4
Gold on pocket: 0
Strengths: Wide array of magical knowledge and spells, excellent researcher, cunning
Weakness: Close to worthless when forced into melee, very dependent on his staff
Dislikes: Loudness while researching, undead
Abilities:
Level 1: Attack :melee:
Level 2: Fireball :fireball:
Level 3: Heal self :heal:
Level 5: Hailstorm :hailstorm:
Level 7: Invisibility :invisibility:
Level 7: Freeze :freeze:
Level 9: Meteor :meteor:
Level 10: Word-of-Power :word_of_power:
Other things: Can mind read, wields a golden ring on his right hand ringfinger
Realm: Frozengard
Biography:
Din was the only child of a rich merchant couple, thus he was the only heir when they died. Inheriting a massive fortune and even a castle among them! Even at a early age, he was very talanted with magic and quickly became a high ranking member of the Wizard Order. His life was finally perfect when married with a beautiful women named Tasaeta, who gaved a year later birth to a daughter, Celeri.

Things couldn’t get more perfect for Din; he was rich, he was well-liked, he was a senior member of the Wizard Order, but the most important thing to him was that he had a beautiful wife and daughter.

Untill at one day… both his wife and daughter died of a disease…

Friends/Enemies:
-Groogo the bile demon (friend and fellow veteran from the War for the Overworld)

Appearance:
Din looks identical to a DK1 warlock, but his robes are black instead.

Axes

Good vs. Evil
The conflict of good versus evil is a common motif in Dungeons & Dragons and other fantasy fiction. Although player characters can adventure for personal gain rather than from altruistic motives, it is generally assumed that the player characters will generally be opposed to evil and often fight evil creatures.
The third edition D&D rules define good and evil as follows:
Good implies altruism, respect for life, and a concern for the dignity of sentient beings. Good characters make personal sacrifices to help others.
Evil implies harming, oppressing, and killing others. Some evil creatures simply have no compassion for others and kill without qualms if doing so is convenient or if it can be set up. Others actively pursue evil, killing for sport or out of duty to some malevolent deity or master.
People who are neutral with respect to good and evil have compunctions against killing the innocent but lack the commitment to make sacrifices to protect or help others. Neutral people are committed to others by personal relationships.
Paladins, altruistic heroes and creatures such as angels are considered good aligned. Villains and violent criminals are considered evil, as are inherently evil creatures such as demons and most undead. Animals are considered neutral even when they attack innocents, since they act on natural instinct and lack the intelligence to make moral decisions.

Law vs. Chaos
The law versus chaos axis in Dungeons & Dragons predates good versus evil in the game rules. In esoteric Greyhawk setting lore, too, the precepts of law and chaos predate good and evil in the world's prehistory. Players often consider law and chaos less relevant to their character than good and evil. Confusingly, a lawful alignment does not necessarily mean that a character obeys a region's laws, nor does a chaotic alignment necessarily mean that a character disobeys a region's laws.
The third edition D&D rules define law and chaos as follows:
Law implies honor, trustworthiness, obedience to authority, and reliability. On the downside, lawfulness can include closed-mindedness, reactionary adherence to tradition, judgmentalness, and a lack of adaptability. Those who consciously promote lawfulness say that only lawful behavior creates a society in which people can depend on each other and make the right decisions in full confidence that others will act as they should.
Chaos implies freedom, adaptability, and flexibility. On the downside, chaos can include recklessness, resentment toward legitimate authority, arbitrary actions, and irresponsibility. Those who promote chaotic behavior say that only unfettered personal freedom allows people to express themselves fully and lets society benefit from the potential that its individuals have within them.
Someone who is neutral with respect to law and chaos has a normal respect for authority and feels neither a compulsion to obey nor a compulsion to rebel. They are honest but can be tempted into lying or deceiving others.
It is more common for creatures to be neutral with regard to law/chaos than good/evil. Certain extraplanar creatures, such as the numerous and powerful Modrons, are always lawful. Conversely, Slaadi are chaotic, representing beings of chaos. Dwarven societies are usually lawful, while Elven societies are most often chaotic.

Alignments
Any person, creature, deity or extraplanar realm in Dungeons & Dragons can have one of the nine alignments. The sourcebook Complete Scoundrel cites real world fictional characters as examples of aligned individuals. In an attempt to simplify the codes of conduct for characters, non-canon takes on alignment sometimes occur.

Lawful Good
Lawful Good is known as the "Saintly" or "Crusader" alignment. A Lawful Good character typically acts with compassion, and always with honor and a sense of duty. A Lawful Good nation would consist of a well-organized government that works for the benefit of its citizens. Lawful Good characters include righteous knights, paladins, and most dwarves. Lawful Good creatures include the noble golden dragons. Lawful Good outsiders are known as Archons.
Lawful Good characters, especially paladins, may sometimes find themselves faced with the dilemma of whether to obey law or good when the two conflict - for example, upholding a sworn oath when it would lead innocents to come to harm - or conflicts between two orders, such as between their religious law and the law of the local ruler.

In the Complete Scoundrel sourcebook Batman, Dick Tracy and Indiana Jones are cited as examples of lawful good characters.

Neutral Good
Neutral Good is known as the "Benefactor" alignment. A Neutral Good character is guided by his conscience and typically acts altruistically, without regard for or against Lawful precepts such as rules or tradition. A Neutral Good character has no problems with co-operating with lawful officials, but does not feel beholden to them. In the event that doing the right thing requires the bending or breaking of rules, they do not suffer the same inner conflict that a Lawful Good character would.

Examples of Neutral Good characters include Zorro, and Spider-Man. The Neutral Good outsiders are known as Guardinals.

Chaotic Good
Chaotic Good is known as the "Beatific," "Rebel," or "Cynic" alignment. A Chaotic Good character favors change for a greater good, disdains bureaucratic organizations that get in the way of social improvement, and places a high value on personal freedom, not only for oneself, but for others as well. They always intend to do the right thing, but their methods are generally disorganised and often out of alignment with the rest of society. They have no use for those who would try to push them around and tell them what to do.
While they do not have evil intentions, they may do bad things (even though they will not enjoy doing these things) to people who are, in their opinion, bad people, if it benefits the greater good. Most elves are Chaotic Good, as are some fey.

Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica, Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly, and Robin Hood are examples of Chaotic Good individuals. Eladrin are the outsider race representing Chaotic Good.

Lawful Neutral
Lawful Neutral is called the "Judge" or "Disciplined" alignment. A Lawful Neutral character typically believes strongly in Lawful concepts such as honor, order, rules and tradition, and often follows a personal code. A Lawful Neutral society would typically enforce strict laws to maintain social order, and place a high value on traditions and historical precedent. Examples of Lawful Neutral characters might include a soldier who always follows orders, a judge or enforcer that adheres mercilessly to the word of the law, a disciplined monk.
Characters of this alignment are neutral with regard to good and evil. This does not mean that Lawful Neutral characters are amoral or immoral, or do not have a moral compass; but simply that their moral considerations come a distant second to what their code, tradition or law dictates. They typically have a strong ethical code, but it is primarily guided by their system of belief, not by a commitment to good or evil.

James Bond, Odysseus, and Sanjuro from Yojimbo are considered by Complete Scoundrel as Lawful Neutral. Three exemplars of Lawful Neutral outsiders exist. These are the Formians, the Inevitables and the Modrons.

Neutral
Neutral alignment, also referred to as True Neutral or Neutral Neutral, is called the "Undecided" or "Nature's" alignment. This alignment represents Neutral on both axes, and tends not to feel strongly towards any alignment. A farmer whose primary overriding concern is to feed his family is of this alignment. Most animals, lacking the capacity for moral judgement, are of this alignment. Many roguish characters who play all sides to suit themselves are also of this alignment.
Some Neutral characters, rather than feeling undecided, are committed to a balance between the alignments. They may see good, evil, law and chaos as simply prejudices and dangerous extremes. Mordenkainen is one such character who takes this concept to the extreme, dedicating himself to a detached philosophy of neutrality to ensure that no one alignment or power takes control of the Flanaess.
Druids frequently follow this True Neutral dedication to balance, and under Advanced Dungeons & Dragons rules were required to be this alignment. In an example given in a D&D rulebook, a typical druid might fight against a band of marauding gnolls, only to switch sides to save the gnoll's clan from being totally exterminated.

Lara Croft, Lucy Westenra from Dracula and Han Solo in his early Star Wars appearance are neutral. The true neutral outsiders are known as the Rilmani.

Chaotic Neutral
Chaotic Neutral is called the "Anarchist" or "Free Spirit" alignment. A character of this alignment is an individualist who follows his or her own heart, and generally shirks rules and traditions. Good and Evil come a distant second to their need for personal freedom, and the only reliable thing about them is how totally unreliable they are. They typically act out of self-interest, but do not specifically enjoy seeing others suffer. Many free-spirited adventurers are of this alignment. Alternatively there are madmen whose actions are chaotic, but are not themselves inclined towards evil.
An unusual subset of Chaotic Neutral is "strongly Chaotic Neutral", describing a character who behaves chaotically to the point of appearing insane. Characters of this type may regularly change their appearance and attitudes for the sake of change, and intentionally disrupt organizations for the sole reason of disrupting a lawful construct. Characters of this type include the Xaositects from the Planescape setting, and Hennet from the third edition Player's Handbook. In Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Chaotic Neutral was frequently assumed to refer to this subset.

Captain Jack Sparrow, Al Swearengen from the TV series Deadwood, and Snake Plissken from Escape from New York are Chaotic Neutral characters according to Complete Scoundrel. Slaadi represent pure chaos.

Lawful Evil
Lawful Evil is referred to as the "Dominator" or "Diabolic" alignment. Characters of this alignment see a well-ordered system as being easier to exploit, and show a combination of desirable and undesirable traits; while they usually obey their superiors and keep their word, they care nothing for the rights and freedoms of other individuals and are not adverse to twisting the rules to work in their favor. Examples of this alignment include tyrants, devils, undiscriminating mercenary types who have a strict code of conduct, and loyal soldiers who enjoy the act of killing.
Like Lawful Good Paladins, Lawful Evil characters may sometimes find themselves faced with the dilemma of whether to obey law or evil when the two conflict - however their issues with Law versus Evil are more concerned with "Will I get caught?" vs "How does this benefit me?"

Boba Fett of Star Wars, and X-Men's Magneto are cited examples of Lawful Evil characters. The Lawful Evil outsiders are known as Baatezu (Devils).

Neutral Evil
Neutral Evil is called the "Malefactor" alignment. Characters of this alignment are typically selfish and have no qualms about turning on their allies-of-the-moment. They have no compunctions about harming others to get what they want, but neither will they go out of their way to cause carnage or mayhem when they see no direct benefit to it. They abide by laws for only as long as it is convenient for them. A villain of this alignment can be more dangerous than either Lawful or Chaotic Evil characters, since he is neither bound by any sort of honor or tradition nor disorganized and pointlessly violent.
Examples are an assassin who has little regard for formal laws but does not needlessly kill, a henchman who plots behind his superior's back, or a mercenary who switches sides if made a better offer.

Complete Scoundrel cites X-Men's Mystique, and Sawyer of the early seasons of Lost as Neutral Evil characters. Yugoloths (Daemons) are the multiversal representatives of Neutral Evil.

Chaotic Evil
Chaotic Evil is referred to as the "Destroyer" or "Demonic" alignment. Characters of this alignment tend to have no respect for rules, other peoples' lives, or anything but their own desires, which are typically selfish and cruel. They set a high value on personal freedom, but do not have any regard for the lives or freedom of other people. They do not work well in a group, as they resent being given orders, and usually only behave themselves out of fear of punishment.
It is not compulsory for a Chaotic Evil character to be constantly performing sadistic acts just for the sake of being evil, or constantly disobeying orders just for the sake of causing chaos. They do however enjoy the suffering of others, and view honor and self-discipline as weaknesses. Serial killers and monsters of limited intelligence are typically Chaotic Evil.

According to the Complete Scoundrel sourcebook, Carl Denham from the 2005 remake of King Kong and Riddick from Pitch Black are Chaotic Evil. The exemplars of chaotic evil are the Tanar'ri (Demons).

Mothrayas
March 22nd, 2010, 20:48
I like how alignment is so simple yet so expanding on one's personality.

Searingflame2
April 2nd, 2010, 08:05
Just had a thought...

When each realm ends, as it eventually will, can we say, have our creatures do something in the intermission time? (By which I mean it must take some time for Keepers to manifest themselves in a different realm and this time must also be happening for the keepers former creatures.)

I ask because I want Admortis to return to the overworld in an attempt to completely free his former clan from the tyranny of taxes... perhaps not after Northland, but what comes next.

Who before was a decent fighting goblin with innate talent, shall return as a fully steel-clad Knight-Goblin wielding a terrible enchanted claymore capable of great, merciless slaughter...

Metal Gear Rex
April 5th, 2010, 16:48
When a Demon Spawn turns into a Dragon, what are the requirments for the Dragon in order to transfer to a new realm?

I'm guessing they can transfer to any realm, because usually the realm begins with a Lair and Treasury from the start, which is the Dragon's attraction in DK1. Am I right?

Duke Ragereaver
April 5th, 2010, 22:47
When a Demon Spawn turns into a Dragon, what are the requirments for the Dragon in order to transfer to a new realm?

I'm guessing they can transfer to any realm, because usually the realm begins with a Lair and Treasury from the start, which is the Dragon's attraction in DK1. Am I right?

You're pretty much answering your own question. :)

Also, I've changed a rule of transfering creatures, the penalty part is negated when a creature decides to join it's master in the next realm, see it like a reward and also makes higher class creatures more usable.

Example:
Realm A is conquered, the creature joins the Keeper it served in realm A to realm B. No penalty occures here.
Realm A is conquered, but the creature joins a different Keeper in Realm C, not the place where the Keeper of Realm A is going. Penalty occures here.

@Searingflame, it purely depends on the sake of the RPG story.

Searingflame2
April 6th, 2010, 05:36
Ok, I'll likely just add it into the Bio part of my creatures Lair when the time comes :-)

Evi
April 7th, 2010, 05:54
Lol!

I just looked at the Creatures & Heroes list, and saw the Creature drawings.

That. Is. Awesome! :D

Metal Gear Rex
April 8th, 2010, 06:00
Two things:

Hold Audiance and Call to Arms, Keeper Spells

I feel these two need more use, since they're kinda useless in their current position.

Hold Audiance: It is useful in DK1 if your Heart is under attack, since you can only pick up 8 creatures at a time. Not to mention DK1 has limits of 20-30 creatures...

In DK2 it could be useful due to the stun, but not as much.

In the RPG, keepers can easily drop their creatures at their Dungeon Heart.

Call to Arms: In both games, you cannot move towards enemy land. This was the way around that.

In the RPG, you can easily order an attack, and they follow.

Neither spell has much use, besides making the scene a little more dramatic/exciting but it has not enough use for a keeper to try and research it. Proof of this is the lack of this spell book being in any Library.

What shall we do about this?

Metal Gear Rex
April 11th, 2010, 23:40
The creature pics in the Creature/Hero List look nice, but I think the info should be at the center too. It takes longer to read, and harder to skim, when they're sepperate like that.

There may be a problem with the beginning being different, like so:

Crystalbarrow: NEVER!
Frozengard: NEVER!
Northland: NEVER!
Red Crystal Islands: NEVER!

As you can see...

However, if that's a problem for you, I can use the invisible color to make _ and then to balance them. That's how I did my RPG info in my signature. I'd be happy to do that part for you, just send me the post in a PM so I have the format and stuff.

I could make it look like this.

Crystalbarrow: NEVER!_____
Frozengard: NEVER!_______
Northland: NEVER!________
Red Crystal Islands: NEVER!

Or if you don't like that idea, why don't you make the images and creature titles to the side with the info?

PS: Guess which creature info I grabbed :D

Searingflame2
April 12th, 2010, 05:48
Heres one for you, Rexxy.

A Keepers conciousness is only truly meant to extend as far as his magical essence does - I personally think talking to minions across the barrier is taking it a bit far, and picking up creatures is a sin!

During the Christopher chase, Larquidos will be unable to heal, speed or lightning, because everything is on enemy territory.

If, however, he was to research Call to Arms and cast it wherever his minions were at any give time, his conciusness would be extended and thus he'd be able to cast in that area.

Thats just an idea.

Duke Ragereaver
April 16th, 2010, 21:49
Some news to the RPG, both good and bad.

The bad news, I'm sad to announce that DragonsLover won't be around in the RPG anytime soon because of the relative much energy and time he spends in his tight sheduele, I personally hope he will make a return when he got time simply because his posts with Dasoop and Keeper Mikaelios were simply great! In light of this, coupled with Who-Horny's absence means I'm now the sole DM remaining. This will mean all the creature profiles and other stuff about the RPG has to be directed to me alone.

The good news?

There will be some arrangements made with Sire and the Testing Grounds, more about this will be shared in the weekend.

Duke Ragereaver signing out. :horny:

MeinCookie
April 25th, 2010, 07:28
Hasn't been a post in ALL of Heavanarius for 5 days!!!

C'mon people!!!!

Metal Gear Rex
April 25th, 2010, 07:32
Hasn't been a post in ALL of Heavanarius for 5 days!!!

C'mon people!!!!

I guess people have been focusing on the test realm? Anyways, I've had some things distracting me, and haven't even posted in Asgard. Before I post in ANY realm, I have to read them, I have been neglecting that! >_>

Sire
April 25th, 2010, 15:28
I am still on my anime binge, despite having finished the anime yesterday...

I'll try to get a post in for Northland and Frozengard.

Metal Gear Rex
May 19th, 2010, 18:06
Shouldn't this topic be stickied?

Damn it has been 3 months since Who-horny's last message... and 4 months since he returned from Christmas...

I wonder when he will return...

Searingflame2
July 2nd, 2010, 09:25
Thought I doubt it will prevent any progress, given the unfortunate lack of progress with the RPG recently, I'm off from the 5th to the 9th, so I shan't be posting during this time.

Evi
July 10th, 2010, 21:49
Okay, I think I took a long enough break from this RPG, time for me to come back!

I have some plans now, and, sadly, Zael will have to be inactive for awhile. But for exchange, one of our favorite creatures will be back!

:bile: : Groogo want hug!

Duke Ragereaver
July 22nd, 2010, 09:23
Hey RP'ers,

I'll be leaving on the 24th for a vacation lasting 2 weeks, so I cannot garantee I can reply on some PM's as fast.

Happy roleplaying! :horny:

Metal Gear Rex
August 15th, 2010, 11:41
Oh yeah, and I'm back. First thing on my to-do list, kill Obourso. I don't want him there as he's a character from my book, but also usually my characters from there don't fit and I can't seem to play them right either >.>

Though... I can't remember if I killed him or not. Can anybody remind me if I did?

Who-horny
November 26th, 2010, 15:37
Hay Guys, Little Old Me stopping by again.

I've been passing threw this forum a few times lately in anticipation of Dungeons (I waited YEARS for DK3, why id waiting months for Dungeons so difficult!?) and I was wondering how the Rp is working out. Everyone still having fun and abusing imps?

Evi
November 26th, 2010, 15:52
It hasn't been exactly thriving lately. It's been just hanging in there...

Metal Gear Rex
November 26th, 2010, 15:52

I've been passing threw this forum a few times lately in anticipation of Dungeons (I waited YEARS for DK3, why id waiting months for Dungeons so difficult!?) and I was wondering how the Rp is working out. Everyone still having fun and abusing imps?

I'm still here :P

It goes quiet and active from time to time. Almost whenever I feel like posting or not :P No not too many of us abuse Imps anymore... as far as I know anyways. We felt bad for them when we began getting Imp suicides from beating them up too much. Plus the Keepers were getting mad at us for having to use more Mana to create replacements.

But anyways, how is you? Any chance you can begin RPing again? Maybe not take on that big role as writer yet but stay as a simple RPer? Thefsuth has a new friend waiting for him in Crystalbarrow! He's a lazy clueless Skeleton named Ribs! :D I'm sure they'd get along fine! ;P

Searingflame2
November 26th, 2010, 16:00

Sweet zombie jesus!

We missed you! Never leave us again! PLEASE?!?!

I'll, uhm, give you grog!

Mothrayas
November 26th, 2010, 16:06
Mmh, can't say the RP has ever been as lively as it has been before you left. So, Who, are you just going to continue lurking or are you actually also going to step back into the RP?

Who-horny
November 26th, 2010, 17:11
Evi, Rex, Flame, Mothrayas! My old friends ^^

I'm still here :P

It goes quiet and active from time to time. Almost whenever I feel like posting or not :P No not too many of us abuse Imps anymore... as far as I know anyways. We felt bad for them when we began getting Imp suicides from beating them up too much. Plus the Keepers were getting mad at us for having to use more Mana to create replacements.

But anyways, how is you? Any chance you can begin RPing again? Maybe not take on that big role as writer yet but stay as a simple RPer? Thefsuth has a new friend waiting for him in Crystalbarrow! He's a lazy clueless Skeleton named Ribs! :D I'm sure they'd get along fine! ;P

'Keepers don't know what's good fur 'em. I keep kicking 'em, but dey jus' wont learn.'

QUIET THEFSUTH!

...'I'm gonna try stabbing next.'

Oh I don't think I'd be a writer again any time soon; I'll make the same mistake as last time bite off to much for my gigantic teeth to chew.

Sweet zombie jesus!

We missed you! Never leave us again! PLEASE?!?!

I'll, uhm, give you grog!

Paint my fence and I'll consider it *toothy grin* I'm flattered You've missed me such. I'm not very dependable for the whole 'staying here for all eternity gig' I've vanished a few times now.

Mmh, can't say the RP has ever been as lively as it has been before you left. So, Who, are you just going to continue lurking or are you actually also going to step back into the RP?

AHhhh WHAT THE HECK I'll join in for a week or two. I tend to post enough to revitalize an Rp, if even for a time. Who knows? I might just plant my roots and stick around for some time!

Which realm should I put Thefsuth in? What's the level penalty for switching a zone?

I'm looking forward to this now, we're going to have more fun than a creature winning the jackpot! And I've jacked some pretty big pots.

Metal Gear Rex
November 26th, 2010, 17:31
I think Thefsuth should stay in Crystalbarrow, but that's because I think he should meet Ribs. :P But also it makes him seem more loyal... somewhat. I dunno what Frozengard or Northland could offer more though, in terms of hilariousness with interactions. He's level 4, right. Or is he 5? It would be a single Level drop I believe.

Who-horny
November 26th, 2010, 18:16
It says in my sig that he's level five, so Five I guess.

I wouldn't be able to make a Ghost by any chance? I don't have much interest in resurrecting Mechrin or Chuckles, and I've had this idea for a character for a while.

Metal Gear Rex
November 26th, 2010, 18:57
It says in my sig that he's level five, so Five I guess.

I wouldn't be able to make a Ghost by any chance? I don't have much interest in resurrecting Mechrin or Chuckles, and I've had this idea for a character for a while.

Aw, too bad. I probably liked Mechrin the most (with Thefsuth in second, but he's not behind by that much :P)

A Ghost isn't possible at this moment, actually. Apparently, no creature is being tortured :P But I did plan a Keeper Post later today and I suppose I can throw a Creature in the Torture Chamber for you to get your Ghost. Is it named Grim? :P But yeah, I have quite a few prisoners. I have two Tentacles, (both male) a female Rogue, two Goblins, (ungendered) and the female Archer Shaylum. (Yes she's still alive :P)

Any preferences? (If not, you'll get a Goblin Ghost :P)

Who-horny
November 26th, 2010, 20:27
Well I'm not killing Mechrin off or anything, so don't loose hope!

And a Goblin Ghost would be Marvellous Rex.

He's not Grim as you know him, but he has the same name and a similar personality.

Who do I send the character profile to for approval?

MeinCookie
November 26th, 2010, 23:17
Don't kill the female rogue - she hates Vermillion and that is simply too for me good to pass up for a future character if the need arises =)

Also Duke now because Dragonslover isn't around enough and no longer accepts them apparently.

EDIT ~
Also, also - I may not be posting much for the next three days because my internet went over again >=(

Also, also, also... hello =)

Searingflame2
November 27th, 2010, 15:45
Methinks, Who, you underestimated my love for you *blushes*
Ackhem, our love for you.

And your general antics, not to metion Thefsuth's

I truly miss the daily ideas you seemed to have. 'Thefsuth vision' was certainly a favorite of mine.

Who-horny
November 27th, 2010, 18:32
Methinks, Who, you underestimated my love for you *blushes*
Ackhem, our love for you.

And your general antics, not to metion Thefsuth's

I truly miss the daily ideas you seemed to have. 'Thefsuth vision' was certainly a favorite of mine.

It's okay Flame; I love me too x

I had a lot of fun coming up with Thefsuth vision and all the other stuff, and the general antics I always exhibit. I'm so glad I get to be me all the time.

Also, also, also... hello =)

Greetings! Nice to meet you! I'm Who-Horny but you can call me Whoey because you're my new favourite.

EDIT: WOWZERS that sounded creepy.

Metal Gear Rex
December 1st, 2010, 09:41
Sorry I was gone for the past two days, my internet was down. It is acting kinda weird, going off an on like that... it won't be fixed until Thursday. I can attempt some posts but nothing too big like a Keeper post or anything like that.

Mothrayas
December 1st, 2010, 14:39
Can't you just write down the content in Notepad or somesuch, and then copy+paste them into a post?

Metal Gear Rex
December 1st, 2010, 15:08
Can't you just write down the content in Notepad or somesuch, and then copy+paste them into a post?

Well that's why I said something smaller, because I could easily do that with Ribs or Emmra, but something like Tesonu when I have to look over a lot of posts (possibly more if I ever need to look in the past) then it becomes too much of a problem for me and it takes up more time/becomes inefficiant.

Either way, my internet seems to have fixed itself... somehow... I noticed it didn't seem to disconnect me again, not for a good while, so I should be able to post again.

Metal Gear Rex
December 12th, 2010, 16:46
Please excuse the double post but this must be said.

I don't think I'll be able to post today or at all for a little while. I've been dealing with things, and I haven't been feeling well lately. That's why, if you noticed, I haven't posted much or been around for that matter. When I can though, I'll try to put effort for Crystalbarrow as there are some eventful things happening there, then I'll aim for the long-waited Keeper post on Northland. The one I had planned for some time now.

Evi
January 13th, 2011, 01:22
My God, it's as if my internal brain server denies the will to the wanting of the POST. Must be the extra work of THE MAN of the dreaded High School of the Magical School bus...

The field trips... The field trips... THE FIELD TRIPS!

...But yeah, I will FORCE myself to post tomorrow...

Metal Gear Rex
January 13th, 2011, 07:41
I'm still catching up on all the posts that happened. I got like 2 pages of threads to read. Even so, I don't know what the future will bring. I hear I'll be starting school again soon...

Evi
May 24th, 2011, 19:30
After Friday, I may finally get the chance to start RPing again.

MeinCookie
May 25th, 2011, 16:31
=)

Duke Ragereaver
June 11th, 2011, 20:05
I know I have been slacking off a lot with the RPG for a while, but let's all try to bring activity back, together!

Evi
June 11th, 2011, 20:08
I like how I said I would post 'tomorrow'.

*Slaps self*

Okay, I'm getting to the post right now.

...Hopefully I won't fall asleep during it. :(

Edit: I failed again. Will post after sleeping now.

Edit 2: Failed again. Tomorrow.

Edit 3: Failed.

Edit 4: FaILED

Edit 30: FAILED

MeinCookie
June 15th, 2011, 06:32
Agreed.

Duke Ragereaver
June 15th, 2011, 06:44
I like how I said I would post 'tomorrow'.

*Slaps self*

Okay, I'm getting to the post right now.

...Hopefully I won't fall asleep during it. :(

Edit: I failed again. Will post after sleeping now.

Edit 2: Failed again. Tomorrow.

Edit 3: Failed.

Edit 4: FaILED

Edit 30: FAILED

A for effort.

Searingflame2
June 15th, 2011, 07:31
Ahh, activity, how thou hath waned from the RPGs inception.

MeinCookie
June 16th, 2011, 14:35
Yerp.

MeinCookie
August 19th, 2011, 15:04
Anyone up for another attempt?

Duke Ragereaver
August 19th, 2011, 15:38
Anyone up for another attempt?

Always! :)

MeinCookie
August 19th, 2011, 16:23
Lets see... of the Major RPers of note, at least while I've been around, well...

Gone/Absent
> Searingflame2
> WhoHorny
> Sire
> Dark_Omega
> Nijuno_Kuro

Busy/Moved on (I Presume)
> Evi
> MGR
> DK2player
> Dragonslover

So many people have gone - we'll definitely need new blood, and not of the here-one-week-gone-the-next kind which most seem to be :eek:. There was so many people back then, and it was already really in decline when I joined :(. Indeed, alongside Sire, I was the last RPer to join in any long-term way. Its active realms that attract attention, with many dedicated RPers. When its in this dormant state the old crowd just fades away and you don't get anyone new for sure.

If we can get it chugging again hopefully we can snag some of the people coming through :).

Searingflame2
August 28th, 2011, 07:20
*Clears throat* "Hello".

I'm happy to get out the defibrillator and get some hearts beating again. My absence is due to the fact that the RPG was the only thing tying me to the forum, so it is kind of a vicious cycle in terms of me not being here because I'm not here. If that makes sense.

MeinCookie
August 28th, 2011, 10:31
Hello and welcome back! YES :D

*Dances*

That makes 3!

EDIT ~
So. In summary:

Northland has 3 potentially active creatures. (1 SF, 2 MC)
RCI has 1 potentially active creature. (1 SF)
Frozengard has 3 potentially active creatures. (2 MC, 1 DR)
and
Crystalbarrow has 3 potentially active creatures? (1 DR, 2 SF) + Active Keeper

No realm has more than 2 people RP-ing still :(. If we are going to get this to work then we need to rearrange things a little. I might retire Ithique in Northland, replacing him or moving him, to Crystalbarrow. We need to focus activity in the realms that have more capability for activity. Crystalbarrow, it seems, is at the top of that list.

RCI and Northland are flash frozen. If more people join we can try to recolonise them, but there really isn't enough people atm for more than 1 or 2 realms to be truly active, which is what we need. I might even move Vermillion at this rate (Which I never thought would happen :eek:).

5 active creatures + a Keeper in Crystalbarrow will be pretty much just like the RP old days :). That should create enough activity to break that cycle and kick-start the RP.

Evi
August 28th, 2011, 13:21
I'll see that I'll post when I get back from Church.

Been REALLY meaning to post recently.

I just gotta get the status crud and all that.

Mothrayas
August 28th, 2011, 13:22
FWIW, I am also still ready to post, I just don't because I'm waiting for more events to happen in both realms I'm active in.

Searingflame2
August 28th, 2011, 13:40
Good to see.

I shall endeavor to get a keeper post in Crystalbarrow soon.

Should we consider recruitment of some description? Does anybody have any viable channels?
Alternatively, ask other sections of the forums who have members that only ever knew the RPG as inactive. If it got active, they might have some dandy incentive to join in.

MeinCookie
August 28th, 2011, 13:53
If you build it they will come. Maintain an active RPG and people should start to join. Not all are devoted RPers, but some will be.

Northland has 3 potentially active creatures. (1 SF, 1 MC, 1 MR)
RCI has 2 potentially active creature. (1 SF, 1 EVI)
Frozengard has 4 potentially active creatures. (2 MC, 1 DR, 1 EVI) + Active Keeper
and
Crystalbarrow has 7+1 potentially active creatures? (1 DR, 2 EVI, 2 SF, 2 MR) + Active Keeper

Is the tally then. Vermillion has already left Northland, and will probably appear in Crystalbarrow.

Searingflame2
August 28th, 2011, 14:09
*Stares up nostalgically*
No, HOPE. DON'T FLY. WHAT IF YOU FALL? WHAT IF YOU FALL!

"And thus," quoth the typical upper-class English narrator, "he shed but a single tear that day."

MeinCookie
August 28th, 2011, 14:51
True that. But seeing as we now have you three back aswell, we shall have our success, methinks.

Metal Gear Rex
August 28th, 2011, 14:56
No realm has more than 2 people RP-ing still :(. If we are going to get this to work then we need to rearrange things a little. I might retire Ithique in Northland, replacing him or moving him, to Crystalbarrow. We need to focus activity in the realms that have more capability for activity. Crystalbarrow, it seems, is at the top of that list.

You probably should. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't really be able to make a Keeper post in Northland unless I pushed some of my other work aside, which I'm not willing to do as it is very important. I did think out a Keeper post a long time ago because Duke asked if I could show some activity in the Awakening, but I just had to wait for a good time where I had both the time and the will to make the post. Though, unfortunately and ironically, because Vermillion escaped, I had to rethink the post. Never bothered to do that afterwards, actually. I'm not sure if I complained about that or not in one of the OOC threads. I remember doing so.

I could participate if I was following everyone else in Crystalbarrow or possibly Frozengard as that place may be less active since Evi may be less active. It would be sorta like nijuni_kuro though, in that I'd just appear every once in a while to make a post. Except without any kind of art on hand to show off. (Unless my words are considered an art)

I'd have to wait for a good opportunity where I don't have any school work to do nor do I have any task on any of the projects that I participate in that has high priority.

Now then, can somebody tell me what characters I had where and who they were in case I don't remember? I seem to have removed that information from my signature. (Too much work on statistical data and what not, I initially put "Units" instead of "characters")

MeinCookie
August 28th, 2011, 15:11
Crystice is in Northland I think? Dunno. Suria is. Emra is in Frozengard, in the workshop if I remember talking to one of WhoHorny's creatures. Dunno about anyone else.

You do have WftO duties though these days, and I don't think anyone is going to dispute the importance of that. Northland can wait in my opinion.

Evi
August 28th, 2011, 21:47
Holy hell, I posted?

I must quickly delete it!

For Frozengard, I'll try to post later tonight.

MeinCookie
August 29th, 2011, 05:07
Excellent, excellent... It all falls into place :).

Heavanarius shall rise from ashes!!!

Metal Gear Rex
August 30th, 2011, 04:13
Crystice is in Northland I think? Dunno. Suria is. Emra is in Frozengard, in the workshop if I remember talking to one of WhoHorny's creatures. Dunno about anyone else.

You do have WftO duties though these days, and I don't think anyone is going to dispute the importance of that. Northland can wait in my opinion.

I just remembered that I have a profile that can be checked. I haven't looked at it but I will when I want to find out who was where for sure. I'm also surprised you didn't remember the brainless idiot of an Archer Skeleton, Ribs. He stuck out in my mind for some reason. Maybe because he kept screaming something stupid like his name or something.

I might have time to make a post in Crystalbarrow with the Skeleton idiot on Thursday or Friday, or at least have time to read the new posts in Crystalbarrow.

MeinCookie
August 30th, 2011, 06:43
I didn't remember at first because my knowledge of CC progression was always rather vague. The main reason that in the time I have been RPing its activity was limited. I've read back here and there and I have the major events down, just not the day-to-day stuff. I did notice him afterwards tho, and then check your profile to confirm he was still active.

Metal Gear Rex
August 30th, 2011, 22:38
Say Duke, I'm curious if you plan to or could possibly increase how many characters we can have in one realm/in general. With the Awakening lacking in active people and realms, it could be something to do.

MeinCookie
September 2nd, 2011, 08:04
Out of interest what is your suggestion?

Metal Gear Rex
September 2nd, 2011, 08:26
Out of interest what is your suggestion?

To increase how many characters every user can use in a single realm and to increase how many characters a user can have in general in order to allow the more active RPers to keep the Awakening alive?

Duke Ragereaver
September 2nd, 2011, 09:03
With the attention mostly focused on Crystalbarrow at the moment I don't think it would be a good move. And also, to have posts of quality above quantity is always better in my opinion.

MeinCookie
September 2nd, 2011, 09:05
Yes, but I meant specifics. Perhaps I should have said proposal. So what? 5 creatures in total, 6 in total? 3 creatures per realm?

Should the number of creatures allowed in the realm drop back to 2 if it gains significant activity, with a sizeable number of people posting and on a regular basis? If everyone currently posting in Crystalbarrow had 3 creatures active it could get a bit cluttered. Should this be limited to RP veterans?

I do feel there is somewhat a need for this though. The troubles of the RP illustrates that inactive and semi-active realms need kickstarts. Whilst Crystal is the focus of attention now, and very little is going on in other realms; This is something to be considered if and when people start posting in those.

Searingflame2
September 4th, 2011, 13:21
Though activity seems to have partially waned again, thus making this potentially irrelevant, throwing it out there that I will be unable to post from the 7th-9th due to a school camp.

Evi
September 4th, 2011, 13:29
I'm just waiting for Duke/You to post before I post with Rob and Ivan. xD

Searingflame2
September 4th, 2011, 13:52
Fair call...
I'll endeavor to do it as soon as I've an idea, then.

Metal Gear Rex
September 4th, 2011, 14:03
I probably won't be able to post until next weekend.

MeinCookie
September 10th, 2011, 04:04
Haven't seen Duke in a while, so he's probably busy with something. If you have the time/inclination, you could always post in Frozengard, Evi. Just a suggestion.

Evi
September 10th, 2011, 04:15
>_>
<_<

Tomorrow, okay? I'll see if I can force myself to post on Frozengard.
I'll have to find my map first and read back.

Metal Gear Rex
September 10th, 2011, 19:09
I won't be able to post for a while. I have several tasks that need to be done, and school work that needs to be done before I get a chance to finish those tasks.

MeinCookie
September 14th, 2011, 14:24
I love the Sight ability. It is so under-rated.

Duke Ragereaver
September 23rd, 2011, 21:28
My apologies for being absent for a while and not letting something know about it. Life suddenly took a turn for the worse, but I digress.

But back to business I suppose! :horny:

MeinCookie
October 30th, 2011, 01:25
It speeds up, slows down, goes onto life support, dies, revives, gets going again and goes dormant.

Activity in Awakening is a cruel, cruel master :(.

Mothrayas
October 30th, 2011, 01:27
It speeds up, slows down, goes onto life support, dies, revives, gets going again and goes dormant.

Activity in Awakening is a cruel, cruel master :(.

Yes. Yes, it is.