PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.73 Graphic Problem...

Kiyoitsukikage
March 24th, 2010, 20:41
Graphics problem, >_<.

I downloaded the 1.73 patch just now and opened up DK2. Loaded up fine, looked fine to begin with...until I got to the lobby area. The graphics were pixelated, everything was poor-looking, (basically just crappy) and the text was outlined in some weird pixelated orange glow thing. I opened it just now, and at the bottom, it said in red;

"Warning! You have low hard drive space left!"

I can't be low on hard drive space, my hard drive is like 291gb, and I've used about 191gb. I'm too much of a coward to actually enter a game, lol. I'm using Windows XP SP3. Would it just be easier to revert back to patch 1.70?

Sorry if I sound like a noob or an idiot. Also didn't know whether to post this in the sticky, move if felt the need to. =P

DragonsLover
March 25th, 2010, 04:56
This sounds like a similar thing that occurred with Tomix's patch which has enabled "StippleAlpha" in the Registry, causing that weird thing on the main menu.

Can you please check if StippleAlpha is enabled? Here's what to do:

1. Click on "Start" then "Run...".
2. In the bar, type regedit and click "OK".
3. Go to that path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER >>> Software >>> Bullfrog Productions Ltd >>> Dungeon Keeper II >>> Configuration >>> Video

To the right, can you tell me if, next to "StippleAlpha" you have the value 1 between the parentheses at the far right? If the answer is yes, double-click on "StippleAlpha" and change 1 to 0. Then, restart the game.

Kiyoitsukikage
March 25th, 2010, 07:42
Thank you for the fix, Dragon! It worked perfectly. Glad I can test out the patch now. :p