PDA

View Full Version : Paint (Win 7) Issues

Sire
April 7th, 2010, 02:15
I was working with Paint on my Windows 7 when I encountered things I never noticed before. (Although I rarely use Paint at all, but still.)

Besides the lack of available colors (and the fact you have to custom-tailor it every time you work on it again), I had some other color issues.

I worked on my Test Realm map zoomed in, and everything was a pure color. However, when I saved it it went back to work (zooming in once more), I found a shuffling of pixels and that the program was trying to automatically blend things into each other. Needless to say, I was ticked off.

Besides trying to fix these issues, does the Windows XP edition of Paint have any such problems? If not, then I may just try to do a copy and paste or find my XP CD and install an older version of paint on this computer.

Metal Gear Rex
April 7th, 2010, 02:18
I was working with Paint on my Windows 7 when I encountered things I never noticed before. (Although I rarely use Paint at all, but still.)

Besides the lack of available colors (and the fact you have to custom-tailor it every time you work on it again), I had some other color issues.

I worked on my Test Realm map zoomed in, and everything was a pure color. However, when I saved it it went back to work (zooming in once more), I found a shuffling of pixels and that the program was trying to automatically blend things into each other. Needless to say, I was ticked off.

Besides trying to fix these issues, does the Windows XP edition of Paint have any such problems? If not, then I may just try to do a copy and paste or find my XP CD and install an older version of paint on this computer.

No it does not, and I think that they found EA's crack stash after XP's creation when they were working on Vista.

Evi
April 7th, 2010, 02:19
Yeah, your best bet is to go back to Vista's or XP's Paint.

kyle
April 7th, 2010, 02:30
or just maybe use some free paint program like Paint.NET

Duke Ragereaver
April 7th, 2010, 08:49
Did you save it as JPG?

Sire
April 7th, 2010, 12:23
I did save it as a JPG.

Duke Ragereaver
April 7th, 2010, 12:32
I did save it as a JPG.

With JPG it always become blurry, I suggest saving it as PNG instead, it takes just as much space as JPG but for way superior quality.

Sire
April 8th, 2010, 15:23
Ok, I'll try that next time and see if it works.

Thanks Duke.

Metal Gear Rex
April 8th, 2010, 16:55
Ok, I'll try that next time and see if it works.

Thanks Duke.

Might as well do a test, just in case.

Duke may be right but there's no harm in being sure, right?

DragonsLover
April 9th, 2010, 08:44
Yeah, you have to be careful with image format.

.JPEG or .JPG are formats generally used for big images like pictures. They are compressed and small in size. That's the general format used by numerical cameras and such.

.PNG is a compressed image format that is generally used over the web. It allows transparency and translucency and is cleaner than JPEG. Good for line arts and beautiful fonts.

.GIF is limited to 256 colours, but can be animated. That's the only advantage of that format.

.BMP is NOT recommended over the web as it's an uncompressed image file, which means it's big in size and takes a while to load.