PDA

View Full Version : Manipulating Creature.txt

Zhampir
April 8th, 2010, 07:00
The are tons of pointless apps that do this, but I've found the easiest thing to do is simply copy the whole thing, drop it in microsoft excell, do your editing, and paste it back into notebook. Theoretically you could open it in excell but I haven't...

Anyways, I'm sure a lot of you have experimented with this a little and thought that you all might have some nice hints to give to new or forgetful users.

A helpful hint that I have is, never change the manufacture required for traps or doors unless you change all of them. I did this once because I wanted to speed up a particular trap (boulder), which it did, but very quickly filled my Workshop. I had 50 something boulders and like 3 of everything else, it was very and took forever to get rid of the boulders so I could have my minions build some doors (which I find, makes boulders a lot more useful in long narrow passages)

It is much better to change the manufacture a creature has, if you want to increase production rate. As a note, trolls have the highest of 4 (in Vanilla DK, in mine they have something around 50, I like to write messages with lava traps and enemy imps^^).

Necror
April 8th, 2010, 07:48
try this program , its even more easy