PDA

View Full Version : WTFO 2nd Edition Staff, Vacancies and Job seeking

QwentyJ
April 9th, 2010, 17:39
Sire's Edit: This thread will be replaced shortly by an updated one. Note that the information below may be outdated.

Right, this is to show who's on the team so far, who wants a job and who will be away.

Staff:
QwentyJ - Project Leader, Story & Campaign
Ballwinkle - Coding and Development
Sire - Characters, Gameplay, Organisation and web design
A New Room - Voicework
Blutonium - Modeling
Babax - Game Testing & Advertising
Hapuga - Translation (Russian) & Supervision
Duke Ragereaver - Translation (Dutch) & Gameplay
Ini - Coding and Modeling
MonsterBaby - Concept art & Sound/Voicework
Synesthesia - Art, Music & Sound and Gameplay
DE3000 - Programming
Blue Eagle - Game Design & Testing

Job Vacancies:

Sound
Graphics Coder and LUA coders
Modelers
Animators

To apply for a job, add yourself to the team (in case I missed you out) or notify us of an absence, simply quote and edit as applicable.

nebster
April 10th, 2010, 01:01
Hey,

Sorry everyone I've been away so long!!!
So many exams at once :eek:

But whatever happens, I will always help with the coding when I can.

MaxHayman
April 10th, 2010, 01:14
Hey,

Sorry everyone I've been away so long!!!
So many exams at once :eek:

But whatever happens, I will always help with the coding when I can.

Well, thats good to hear. Your a good person to have on the development team.

Kopavel
April 11th, 2010, 01:03
I'm here too.

More Artists might be needed

You haven't listed any. Get Syn here, he is the guy who can get the project done.

Kopavel
April 11th, 2010, 01:05
And I believe you should format your posts better (choose fonts, colors) - need to ask Dotted if we can use CSS for that.

A New Room
April 11th, 2010, 01:11
Its good to know you are still here Kopavel :D

As for Syn, I believe he is away until his schedule free's up, but I'm sure there is a massive 300 awesomes wide gap which he can just about fit back into if he wants to.

dotted
April 11th, 2010, 08:08
And I believe you should format your posts better (choose fonts, colors) - need to ask Dotted if we can use CSS for that.

Updated post should look better now, unfortunatly no CSS :(

QwentyJ
April 11th, 2010, 18:45
I'm here too.

You haven't listed any. Get Syn here, he is the guy who can get the project done.

Alright! Chill out! Jaysus! :confused: Ultimately, the colour of the headings isn't going to make that much of a difference to a bulletin! ;)

Ok, well send me a pm saying what you want to work on!

I hadn't listed any artists because we're recruiting ATM and because we're still not sure if Synth wants to be in the project or hasn't got the time to yet!

So yeah, take it easy pal!

Anyways, let's say a big hello to our newest team members Monsterbaby and Ini.

Ini will be working on coding and modeling - and I hope he'll post some of his design dicuments to us on the forum!

MB will be back on concept art too.

Synesthesia
April 11th, 2010, 19:14
Count me in for art, music, sound design and gameplay stuffs when my schedule permits. I'll be posting some new artwork over the next few days to try and help get the ball rolling.

QwentyJ
April 12th, 2010, 13:11
Count me in for art, music, sound design and gameplay stuffs when my schedule permits. I'll be posting some new artwork over the next few days to try and help get the ball rolling.

Great to have you on board, Synth.

QwentyJ
April 14th, 2010, 13:59
As per discussed between myself and Dotted, a new vacancy has opened up for the position of 'Communications Liason'. This job requires someone to link up with all members of the WTFO team and to find out how they are getting on; and providing updates of their progress to the WTFO board. The position will be given Moderator status and will be allowed to perform archiving duties and be tasked with adding Devs to the WTFO usergroup.

This task for myself is a wee bit too big for me and I will need some help relaying the necessary updates to the WTFO community.

Monsterbaby
April 14th, 2010, 14:04
So bascially it's someone to keep the troops gathered and updated?

QwentyJ
April 14th, 2010, 14:11
So bascially it's someone to keep the troops gathered and updated?
As well as archiving and forum maintenance duties as said above.

Monsterbaby
April 14th, 2010, 14:22
Sounds nice. Good idea.

kyle
April 14th, 2010, 14:27
I don't realy know what we are keeping at the moment, what we need is some sort of list of what the game will have, how it will play and other things. WTFO has a design document, where is that?

We could probally use it.

A New Room
April 14th, 2010, 14:32
The WftO Design documant can be found here (http://docs.google.com/View?id=dc2snbvm_15f4sf2cgc). Though there are a lot of things in there that really should be re-discussed.

kyle
April 14th, 2010, 14:40
Thanks ANR, was looking for that. Yes your right it does need to be done over. I wasnt actually reffering to the content, I was talking about the idea of having a document that describes the entire game and all the aspects of it. With this we could easily have a nice foundation instead of having to sift through the forum to find out whats confirmed and what not.

Duke Ragereaver
April 14th, 2010, 16:28
Besides my fields of Dutch translation & Gameplay I'd like to apply for 'Communications Liason' if noone else want to, or assisting that person(s)

Blue Eagle
April 14th, 2010, 22:06
I can help with gameplay decisions and design, working out stats, discussing what creatures, rooms and spells will work, I can also do level design when the time comes (maybe when there's a level editor everybody can level design and the best for each level and for skirmish's can be voted in), I can also help organise the discussion board once I know how the leaders want that to be done, I'm nowhere near as good as some but I can do a little graphic work too, apparently I can also write really long sentences.

I haven't got much time at the moment though, hopefully I'll have more in a few months, over and out.

DE3000
April 15th, 2010, 11:41
I'm still here too. I know I have not done much here but I am still willing to help out.

Anything programming wise Ill help out with. Programmer art only by request :p.

kyle
April 15th, 2010, 12:31
Are you able to use openGL?

DE3000
April 15th, 2010, 14:01
Are you able to use openGL?

Yes, but I rather not use raw openGL. From personal experience I code faster using a graphics engine to do a specific task than through raw openGL. I have experience with Irrlicht, I am looking at Ogre ATM.

Send me a PM and we can talk more.

QwentyJ
April 19th, 2010, 03:18
Besides my fields of Dutch translation & Gameplay I'd like to apply for 'Communications Liason' if noone else want to, or assisting that person(s)

I'm still here too. I know I have not done much here but I am still willing to help out.

Anything programming wise Ill help out with. Programmer art only by request :p.

I can help with gameplay decisions and design, working out stats, discussing what creatures, rooms and spells will work, I can also do level design when the time comes (maybe when there's a level editor everybody can level design and the best for each level and for skirmish's can be voted in), I can also help organise the discussion board once I know how the leaders want that to be done, I'm nowhere near as good as some but I can do a little graphic work too, apparently I can also write really long sentences.

I haven't got much time at the moment though, hopefully I'll have more in a few months, over and out.

Ok guys, welcome aboard/to your new jobs.

Duke, you need to get in contact with each member of the dev team asap and copy their contact details down.

Sire
April 19th, 2010, 12:42
The post is a little bit outdated.

I came back from vacation last week.

Just thought I'll let you know. :)

Monsterbaby
April 19th, 2010, 13:40
If possible, I would like to be added to Sound / voices as well. Since I got a hold on the sound studio here.

Blutonium
April 26th, 2010, 12:37
Put me down for lead modeler if I may

i'll be making hi-def models for the intro movie, and perhaps a few cut scenes.

also will be providing low-poly models for the game engine itself, which are downsized from the hi-def models

i'll be animating too, along with a guy monster baby is bringing on board (depending on how good he is, he might do all the animation for the game models - i'll still be animating the intro movie though)

i'm busy with another modeling project at the moment, but i'll be pumping out models again soon! (Getting a Wacom Intuos Tablet for my b-day in 5 days!)

Synesthesia
April 26th, 2010, 13:32
Nice to have you back Bluto, I thought you'd gone forever!

Good choice on the Wacom btw ;)

MaxHayman
April 26th, 2010, 14:49
Can't wait to see his models when their done!

Hapuga
April 26th, 2010, 15:07
I will become active in 3 days.

I may also write music if I find a descent PC program to work in. Don't know any atm. I'm also looking forward to buy a portable sound card. The one integrated in my laptop cannot handle my guitars.

Monsterbaby
April 26th, 2010, 16:08
(Getting a Wacom Intuos Tablet for my b-day in 5 days!)

GZ!!! And yea as syn said. Great choice! =D I bought simular tablet a few months ago and I love it. I love it so much that I cuddle with it at night ;) xD

About the trailer, I can also help storyboarding if needed. Perhaps one time, the story teller, and art crew should get together in making a storyboard before we start working on a trailer.

what cool is about a trailer is, we can "release" it before the game is done, which can attract even more people to work on it, as well as smack it right in the eyes of EA, showing that we are serious about this!

By the way, what happened with the composer who offered to do music for the game?

A New Room
April 26th, 2010, 17:54
Eventually a trailer, but first we have a lot of the general concept that needs setting in stone.

Which composer are you referring to? Deflektor or the guy kyle suggested?

kyle
April 26th, 2010, 19:50
If your reffering to the guy that I found. I have two guys willing to help who are both proffesionals. I told them that I would contact them when music is needed.

As for deflektor, I don't even know if he is active anymore.

Monsterbaby
April 27th, 2010, 08:09
We could in theory start make a short trailer, as soon as some of Blutonium's models get rigged and animated. Man, I can juuuuust imagine all the fuzz on the internet, when people see that.

Sure the main part, the programming matters the most, since it IS a game, and that stuff has to be fixed too, in order to show some sort of gameplay.

And by the way, how is it going with collecting contact information? - It would be nice to be able to get in touch with people, when they aren't online at the site.

A New Room
April 27th, 2010, 11:09
Duke contacted you I'm guessing?

If so that is about all that has happened as far as I see.

Monsterbaby
April 27th, 2010, 11:49
Yup he did. I'm just wondering when the data will be posted in a seperate thread/sticky. =))

I'm inpatient I know! :DD

A New Room
April 27th, 2010, 12:02
This job requires someone to link up with all members of the WTFO team and to find out how they are getting on; and providing updates of their progress to the WTFO board. The position will be given Moderator status and will be allowed to perform archiving duties and be tasked with adding Devs to the WTFO usergroup. Doesn't say anywhere that he has to post the contact details of anyone... :/

Monsterbaby
April 27th, 2010, 12:39
True true. But then if he doesn't. How are we supposed to keep in touch? Or maybe I'm the one who misunderstood things (again) here. But thx for clear things up for me.

QwentyJ
April 27th, 2010, 16:23
Doesn't say anywhere that he has to post the contact details of anyone... :/

True true. But then if he doesn't. How are we supposed to keep in touch? Or maybe I'm the one who misunderstood things (again) here. But thx for clear things up for me.

DR gets all the contact details so that he can ask all of us what we're doing and then put this info upon the Discussion forum.

The second reason for doing this is to get everyone talking to each other in an emergency. That and we can chat togather - I for example, cannot use Skype, so MSN is my alternative and it's easier for me because I'm always on it.

Blutonium
April 30th, 2010, 07:21
It seems i'm not classified as a WFTO developer anymore :(

I'm just a stinking troll again

kyle
April 30th, 2010, 08:56
This can not be!
Im sure you just haven't been added yet, we can't have WTFO without the best modeler in the world

p.s lol wut iron man?

Metal Gear Rex
April 30th, 2010, 09:00
Im sure you just haven't been added yet

Not the case, he was removed.

Look right under his user name there, it used to say "WFTO Developer" like it does for you kyle. For some reason, the title has been removed and he uses the regular creature title, "Troll".

That's what he was referring too...

...In case you missed it, in which it sounds like you did by what I quoted.

kyle
April 30th, 2010, 09:02
Ah, Wasn't sure about that:)

What kind of madness would cause this!!!

Blutonium
April 30th, 2010, 11:11
hehe yeah, i'm Making a few Models that I like!
- The Avatar A.M.P Suit
- Iron Man
- A Hyper Realistic Tiger
- Yoda perhaps?

This is all for my portfolio - wanna get a 3D job, anywhere in the world - I have to get out of this country :(

anyway, so far i've done the head :)

http://i40.tinypic.com/b5r7o3.jpg

A New Room
April 30th, 2010, 11:55
Ooo that is cool, I am really looking froward to seeing the tiger :D

QwentyJ
April 30th, 2010, 17:47
I have literally no idea what's going on here.

kyle
April 30th, 2010, 17:55
lol, Bluto was taken out of the team apparently and now he is showing us some badass models of ironman he done.

dotted
April 30th, 2010, 19:11
It seems i'm not classified as a WFTO developer anymore :(

I'm just a stinking troll again

Well when QwentyJ took over WFTO all were removed from the WFTO Dev team, you just weren't readded.

Monsterbaby
April 30th, 2010, 19:11
WOOT! we need bluto back on the dev team!!! now!!!

QwentyJ
April 30th, 2010, 19:56
Well when QwentyJ took over WFTO all were removed from the WFTO Dev team, you just weren't readded.
I did add him to the team! As I see it, Hapuga last edited the list, so perhaps that might explain something. In any case, he is definetly part of the Dev team.

Metal Gear Rex
April 30th, 2010, 20:17
Not the case, he was removed.

Look right under his user name there, it used to say "WFTO Developer" like it does for you kyle. For some reason, the title has been removed and he uses the regular creature title, "Troll".

That's what he was referring too...

...In case you missed it, in which it sounds like you did by what I quoted.

That's what he was referring to, not something you nor Hapuga control.

Amazing how little people pay attention to posts just because they're made by people who don't seem important in the project.

A New Room
April 30th, 2010, 20:25
Eh, don't worry about it, I ignore you just as much as I did before I became a Dev :P

dotted
April 30th, 2010, 20:47
I did add him to the team! As I see it, Hapuga last edited the list, so perhaps that might explain something. In any case, he is definetly part of the Dev team.

Well your list doesnt get automatically caired over to my list :p

Anyways he is on the dev team now

kyle
April 30th, 2010, 22:38
The ordeal is solved, hoorah *Starts handing a round of ale around*

QwentyJ
May 1st, 2010, 03:59
That's what he was referring to, not something you nor Hapuga control.

Amazing how little people pay attention to posts just because they're made by people who don't seem important in the project.

Oh give over. :rolleyes:

Henry Langdon
July 10th, 2010, 20:57
i ll just try to help with the music post some idea and probably with the story

A New Room
July 10th, 2010, 21:00
Awesome, it would be nice if you could post an example of some music you have done though.

kyle
July 10th, 2010, 21:06
The attatchments are messed up atm AFAIK try uploading it to a sharing website and post a link.

Henry Langdon
July 11th, 2010, 08:15
Awesome, it would be nice if you could post an example of some music you have done though.
just one thing any piece of music or do you want me to post something dark

ps i found another one and yes i know you probably want me to show some of my work but it might take some time :horny:

Henry Langdon
July 11th, 2010, 08:16
[QUOTE=Henry Langdon;21880]just one thing any piece of music or do you want me to post something dark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujzp9ffPwPM

A New Room
July 11th, 2010, 11:20
Yes just something that can help give an idea of what you can do as a musician. Also could you please use the edit bottom to avoid double posting :)

dotted
July 11th, 2010, 11:32
The attatchments are messed up atm AFAIK try uploading it to a sharing website and post a link.

Really? Havent had any issues since the last upgrade i did :|

kyle
July 11th, 2010, 13:41
Sorry dotted, I just see some people sometimes complaining of attatchments, it might be working now.

Cavinyagi
July 29th, 2010, 23:00
Hi Guys,

I was looking up stuff about DK2 and DK3 after digging out DK2 to play and stumbled across WFTO and I'd love to be invloved. Unfortunatly I'm no coder or programmer however i'm great with ideas and have a good background in sound design and music which i'd love to help out with when it reaches that stage.

In the meantime I'm willing to help out as much as i can! Thats if your interested :cool:

Thanks,
Cavinyagi

kyle
July 29th, 2010, 23:15
Do you have any sound samples I could hear?

Cavinyagi
July 29th, 2010, 23:20
Nothing atm,

I'll admit I've never been involved with anything like this before.

I've not long finished a computing degree in which sound/music production was one of the main parts, It's also a hobby of mine for some years (mainly the music side). So any samples i could let you hear would be completely irrelavent to this kinda thing.

However give me a few days and i could prepare a piece of music or something that may fit the game?

A New Room
July 29th, 2010, 23:27
However give me a few days and i could prepare a piece of music or something that may fit the game?

That would be great, I look forward to hearing it, Oh and Welcome to Keeper Klan by the way :)