PDA

View Full Version : Asgard OCC Thread [Old Test Realms]

Sire
April 15th, 2010, 01:26
This is the OCC Thread for discussing everything about Asgard for out of character talk.

I'll start off.

Asgard is now OPEN to all applicants!

kyle
April 15th, 2010, 01:28
I have no idea if this goes here. But what exactly is all this? :p

Metal Gear Rex
Post 1 for Realm Stuff? Post 2 for Keeper stuff? Do you mind if I steal that layout? I like it. :D

I'll send you a creature once I decide who is the least developed. *Sigh* I have to go through my list of characters, it is over 100...

Metal Gear Rex
I have no idea if this goes here. But what exactly is all this? :p

A forum RPG, read the rules and guidlines to participate.

kyle
April 15th, 2010, 01:30
I am not very good a writing.

Metal Gear Rex
April 15th, 2010, 02:46
I take it we're not allowed to post in the Asgard Chronicles? Either way, tip for that. Maybe you could put a "---" or something at the end of each "post" in order to let the reader know to expect a change of format.

Everytime I read the name Asgard aloud in my head, I hear Ass-guard, which makes me lol.

Sire
April 16th, 2010, 03:08
Just to let you guys know, you guys control the enemy's actions during combat. However, occasionally, they may make a post of their own and strike back. Be watchful of this and incorporate their rare counters into your posts.

Of course, major opponents will be controlled by me. (Although there may be a possible opening for an opposing enemy, but that's far down the road)

Evi
April 16th, 2010, 03:10
Oh, then shall I have the insulted Scorpion go after Ba-Ka then?

Sire
April 16th, 2010, 03:13
If you want, then go ahead.

Just remember, it should be a fairly even battle, keep in mind the Scorpion's stats and skills.

Metal Gear Rex
April 16th, 2010, 04:47
I think we're screwed unless the Pixie helps us... two against two (If Jelzeus helps) but Jelzeus sucks in a fight... even if it is a Scorpion.

How about he throws his sword and gets lucky? XD

EDIT:
Is there lava in Asgard? I wanna know for Salamanders. :3

I wanna know otherwise I'll send this Salamander to Frozengard. :)

Sire
April 16th, 2010, 12:57
There is no lava whatsoever in Asgard.

Edit: I should make a random character here, but there's no ideas for one at the moment...

Metal Gear Rex
April 16th, 2010, 13:14
No... :(

Oh well, I'll send Obourso to Frozengard instead. He's going to be as bored as hell there without anyone to kill. (Unless Evi sends him out to eat some Thieves)

A funny idea... if he gets to the lava and kills the Archers, the Barbarians and Thieves are screwed as he will throw Fireballs at them and they can do nought! >:D

Don't worry, I'll send you someone else, but it will be in time... like when you get that Library done. :P

I guess I will use the Hero Realm for other creatures, ones I just wanna have fun RPing with. :3

Mothrayas
April 16th, 2010, 13:54
I un-JPEGified the map.

http://forum.keeperklan.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=327&stc=1&d=1271454745

This looks somewhat better and should be easier to work with.

Searingflame2
April 16th, 2010, 15:15
O.O

Well, it was said before that JPEG's sucked. By Duke I believe. But not in an RPG thread. And he was more formal then "sucked". But hell, thats alot better.

Evi
April 16th, 2010, 21:47
Okay, I edited my post to have one of the Scorpions charge to Ba-Ka.

Next post will be a battle post. :D

Sire
April 16th, 2010, 21:49
Thanks, but I mainly use my sources from a single large map and cut out what I need to use, then update.

It was a big mistake on my part saving it into a JPG in the first place, now it should be a PNG.

zaikantos
April 16th, 2010, 22:26
As soon as Bile Demons can come in, I`ll join.
Ill send application somewhere tomorrow i guess.

Metal Gear Rex
April 17th, 2010, 18:37
"Sir! When will backup arrive?"

Mood : Sir?

lol

I'll have some backup arrive momentairly...

Also I gotz a new crea-wait no I don't, Asgard needs Ass-library XD

Okay that joke is old now, I don't wanna tell it no more.

Evi
April 17th, 2010, 19:05
So, who liked my use of a 20 Sided dice battle? :D

(Yes, that entire battle was rolled out. 1 = Critical Hit, 20 = Crititcal FAILURE)

Metal Gear Rex
April 17th, 2010, 19:08
So, who liked my use of a 20 Sided dice battle? :D

(Yes, that entire battle was rolled out. 1 = Critical Hit, 20 = Crititcal FAILURE)

Oh I though the Chicken Man was mocking himself/enemy.

lol Ba-Ka teh chicken man :D

Evi
April 17th, 2010, 19:12
Oh I though the Chicken Man was mocking himself/enemy.

lol Ba-Ka teh chicken man :D

You don't like the Dice system I'm guessing, seeing how you didn't really reply to the question.

Metal Gear Rex
April 17th, 2010, 19:16
You don't like the Dice system I'm guessing, seeing how you didn't really reply to the question.

I half did, replying to what I thought was going on when I read the post.

It is a question, if you can't properly create the battle then you should use the dice system. But there are also some other princibles to use to, we could come up with those. (Example, Bile Demon wouldn't dodge as much as a Fly, Thief wouldn't hit as much as an Archer (Dexterity 100 O_O))

Evi
April 17th, 2010, 19:23
I half did, replying to what I thought was going on when I read the post.

It is a question, if you can't properly create the battle then you should use the dice system. But there are also some other princibles to use to, we could come up with those. (Example, Bile Demon wouldn't dodge as much as a Fly, Thief wouldn't hit as much as an Archer (Dexterity 100 O_O))

I'm not using stats, or big ass numbers like that for the Dice system.

I'm using the Dice's results as a indicator oh what the damage would be.

But this is my combat system, nobody else has to use it.

And it brings some unexcepted events to happen.

Searingflame2
April 18th, 2010, 05:29
I think the dice system is a good system, however it can have flaws. That said, if interpereted properly (as deemed by the user of the dice... unless they're a god-modder) I think it can be a very effective and fair system.

That said, I'm more into the "qualitative" combat aspect, where the results of the fight are decided by logic and what i think is a cool way for the fight to go down :D

Metal Gear Rex
April 18th, 2010, 23:35
I'm readying my post for Jelzeus in Asgard.

@Evi
Don't be offended, Jelzeus doesn't like the "Soldier" type I guess. It's in his personality, he doesn't like to toy with enemies, just get rid of them and also prefers sneakiness compared to more frontal assaults, a bit cowardly but he's again, not a fighter! :P

Well that was to explain some of the things he's going to say.

He'd hate Limflu for similar reasons and probably Crystice. Possibly Eartle for his ramblings.

Evi
April 18th, 2010, 23:39
I'm readying my post for Jelzeus in Asgard.

@Evi
Don't be offended, Jelzeus doesn't like the "Soldier" type I guess. It's in his personality, he doesn't like to toy with enemies, just get rid of them and also prefers sneakiness compared to more frontal assaults, a bit cowardly but he's again, not a fighter! :P

Well that was to explain some of the things he's going to say.

He'd hate Limflu for similar reasons and probably Crystice. Possibly Eartle for his ramblings.

Characters will be characters. :p

If a character hates another, they hate. :horny:

Metal Gear Rex
April 18th, 2010, 23:51
Characters will be characters. :p

If a character hates another, they hate. :horny:

He's gonna be real pissed off by the end of this when nobody listens to him (Considering Ba-Ka and Sara both quickly flew into the battle without much thought)

He can be pretty grouchy when he's annoyed like that...

Searingflame2
April 19th, 2010, 04:36
The entire fight i was questioning the poor tactics of Stavros' minions.

Pixies are neutral hostile, being perfectly sentient and rather intelligent. They're supposed to be cheeky and malicious, but they're not suicidal.

I would have likes to see Sara + Ba Ka + Pixie fighting the second scorpion. This may have done the "interrogation" part too, because it'd earn her favour. If not, they could always turn on her making it a 2v1. Instead you made this silly 1v1 + 1v1 situation happen.

But listen to me. I'm not even in the realm.... yet.

Evi
April 19th, 2010, 04:39
The entire fight i was questioning the poor tactics of Stavros' minions.

Pixies are neutral hostile, being perfectly sentient and rather intelligent. They're supposed to be cheeky and malicious, but they're not suicidal.

I would have likes to see Sara + Ba Ka + Pixie fighting the second scorpion. This may have done the "interrogation" part too, because it'd earn her favour. If not, they could always turn on her making it a 2v1. Instead you made this silly 1v1 + 1v1 situation happen.

But listen to me. I'm not even in the realm.... yet.

Uh.

Seeing how Sara didn't make much of a dent on the Scorpion, a Pixie's slap won't do much either.

Then again, WftO's Pixie is gonna be aggressive. :demon: :p

Searingflame2
April 19th, 2010, 05:06
In combat, if faced with the option of making a friend or an enemy, you're going to choose friend, no matter how incompetent they are.

And yes, Agressive. Not suicidal :-/ I'm sure she'd accept help if offered.

Metal Gear Rex
April 19th, 2010, 05:09
In combat, if faced with the option of making a friend or an enemy, you're going to choose friend, no matter how incompetent they are.

Jelzeus' plan, what I was trying to post, did make use of that idea... too bad it was too late. I tried to make it as humerous as possible... but "As possible" being the keywords there.

Evi
April 19th, 2010, 05:24

Can we please drop this?

I don't want to see a entire 50 replies debating just about one single post in the Test Realm.

Besides, violence is more fun. :horny:

Searingflame2
April 19th, 2010, 05:34
D:

Fine, be mature. Heh.

MeinCookie
April 19th, 2010, 10:03
That is Barb out of the way for a while. I might not make her Short Term after all... but we'll see.

EDIT ~ Hey Sire, is Barb's profile/character expanded enough for long-term status now? There is a link in my sig....

Sire
April 20th, 2010, 12:38
Just an FYI, I'm not making a major Keeper post (updated with map) until those Scorpions are killed.

Sire out. :)

Edit @ MeinCookie:

It still needs a good bit of detail before becoming a long term one. Try to expand on the Biography and the Likes and Dislikes, and it'll be approved.

MeinCookie
April 20th, 2010, 12:48
Ha ha, looks like someone decided to make use of one of the DK 2 smilies I've been experimenting with :D

Mothrayas
April 20th, 2010, 15:53
Just posting to say that Sire's image editing skills hurt my eyes and I still don't get why he doesn't use the unJPEGified map.

Metal Gear Rex
April 20th, 2010, 19:21
Just an FYI, I'm not making a major Keeper post (updated with map) until those Scorpions are killed.

Sire out. :)

Edit @ MeinCookie:

It still needs a good bit of detail before becoming a long term one. Try to expand on the Biography and the Likes and Dislikes, and it'll be approved.

What, we have to approve long term characters now?

Bio isn't a must, ya know. I actually don't like giving it all away at first, makes it more interesting I suppose. Although that's only half the reason why I don't make bios, the other half is because they're from my book, I wanna keeps it secret :P

Sire
April 20th, 2010, 21:35
@ Mothrayas:

If the map strains your eyes, then don't read Asgard. I'm happy with the map as it is.

@ MGR:

Bio or it is not approved for Asgard. Period.

zaikantos
April 24th, 2010, 09:03
Sire, I joined asgard a few days ago now and still waiting for keeper post...

Sire
April 24th, 2010, 15:28
Aye, sorry about that. Still on my anime binge since 2 days ago, watching Clannad basically non-stop.

I'll see if I can make a few posts today to move things along, but there will be no updated map until the scorpions are dead.

Metal Gear Rex
April 24th, 2010, 20:40
Aye, sorry about that. Still on my anime binge since 2 days ago, watching Clannad basically non-stop.

I'll see if I can make a few posts today to move things along, but there will be no updated map until the scorpions are dead.

I know that feeling!

I'll post sometime this weekend, I want to get some school work out of the way first since I'll be getting a PS2 if I do, to replace my old missing/stolen one. ^_^

Sire
May 5th, 2010, 01:04
I'll see if I can make a Keeper post by the end of today. If this can't happen, definitely tomorrow.

I got a lot of work that a man needs to get done or he gets screwed over.

And when that Keeper post comes, it's time for interrogation...

EDIT:

Sorry guys, gonna have to be tomorrow. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Evi
May 10th, 2010, 05:24
Dk2player, the way to the Training Room is blocked by a Hero Magic Door.

MeinCookie
May 10th, 2010, 06:38
I've been blamed for that :(

Sire
May 11th, 2010, 03:05
The post has been deleted, dk2player. Please try to keep up with the roleplay events if possible.

I'm sorry that I've been a little bit inactive. Between the epicness of School Work, the Month of Parties (all my friends have birthdays in May...), and my fanfiction, needless to say I've been tied up in things.

I'll see if I can get character posts in Northland, Frozengard, and Asgard before the end of this week.

Edit:

@ Evi, use your own discretion if the Pixie requires more convincing. She's your character, not mine.

MeinCookie
May 14th, 2010, 07:24
Looks like Asgard is slowing down to an "average"

Sire
May 14th, 2010, 13:05
Yeah.

The Keeper being inactive (me) isn't helping either.

Metal Gear Rex
May 14th, 2010, 15:16
Yeah.

The Keeper being inactive (me) isn't helping either.

Does that mean Northland's back at the top again? :D

MeinCookie
May 16th, 2010, 10:32
Sire, could we have a trophy special in Asgard at some point
:confused::)

Sire
May 19th, 2010, 00:48
@ MeinCookie: I don't have plans for it, but I'll see what I can do.

No Keeper Post for some time, so don't want for me to make one.

Sire
May 25th, 2010, 12:44
I'll see if I can get a Keeper Post in later today or tomorrow to move things along, school and life has to be handled before the Test Realms.

Evi
May 25th, 2010, 22:21
Ah, I'm sorry for my lack of posts.

Y'know, since this is finals week...

But I promise to make a post, making the Pixie join our team! :D

MeinCookie
May 30th, 2010, 05:23
What's peoples general opinion on Sire's policy of kicking out inactive creatures?

It's harsh I know, but they do clutter active realms up and if you leave them there too long it becomes too late for anyone, keeper or role-player, to do anything much about them.

Sire
May 30th, 2010, 06:06
Mostly it's Stravos's way, and it is a bit realistic. Why would a Keeper have someone hanging around that does nothing?

That's why I created the Absence Thread. If you are going to post slow or can not post at all, please post there that your posting will be slow or stop, otherwise the chances are Stravos will attempt to boot the creature.

The Absence Thread was created to save creatures from being carried by the Master Hand to be dropped back into the portal system (and they can climb back out at any time).

Sire
June 14th, 2010, 00:47
Asgard is still open to applicants, even though current selection is quite small. (If you do make a profile, remember to send it to me if you want to join Asgard.)
At this rate, Stravos will conquer this realm with only Goblins. :D

I guess normal activity for this place is about one post a week, but it's better than none.

Edit: Curses, I completely forgot about the Pixie... Oh well, best if she stays off the field of battle since she just got converted...

MeinCookie
June 15th, 2010, 10:26
Nice hero force... i like :D

MeinCookie
June 28th, 2010, 03:23
I'll post for Magister another time :(

Sire
July 8th, 2010, 02:59
I'll see if I can get an Asgard post in tomorrow.

Took a 2-3 day vacation to Texas, and had to keep up with some other stuff.

Scratch that, won't be able to make a post today...
Time is a bit stretched at the moment, and there are a few other things that require my immediate attention than Asgard at the present time period. However, I should be able to make a post sometime this week... (hopefully)

MeinCookie
July 12th, 2010, 10:37
What do you think of Magister pushing Norlan down the portal? Too melodramatic? :eek:

He would technically escape, but news of his survival/fate/attack would take a while to get back to Asgard when you consider he could reappear anywhere. That way he could reappear later in Asgard as an ongoing hero. The wizard without a beard :D

Yes/No?

Sire
July 12th, 2010, 23:49
While that is a nice idea, I already

scheduled for Luke to (barely) escape, leading everyone into the next area where a glimpse of the LotL can be seen. A certain character also makes an appearance.

I currently have no plans for Norlon (just nabbed the name so it adds a little personality and for easier targeting). I don't know what his fate will be when he falls, but I'll come up with something.

Basically, Norlon can fall down the portal, but I don't know what will happen to him... (yet)

MeinCookie
July 13th, 2010, 08:35
Alright, It just feels weird to have Magister win that fight as he is only level 1 and such. That got me think that the wizard could lock himself behind the wards in the Workshop but that makes absolutely no sense in terms of positions and is plain to clunky.

We shall see. I must be inventive :p

Searingflame2
July 13th, 2010, 15:15
So, considering making a creature for Asgard, yes. And i'm thinking... do I read through everything, or go by (Who's philosophy was it? Or perhaps it was Who's. XD) and not read, for a creature new to a dungeon would have very little idea of the happeningzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and going downzzz.

Sire
July 13th, 2010, 17:26
So, considering making a creature for Asgard, yes. And i'm thinking... do I read through everything, or go by (Who's philosophy was it? Or perhaps it was Who's. XD) and not read, for a creature new to a dungeon would have very little idea of the happeningzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and going downzzz.

It depends.

If you want a more realistic feel for your creature, then don't read the past posts. This way you can assure that what you know is also what the creature knows.

Or, if you want to learn more about the realm itself, storyline, and other creature habbits, read the thread.

Personally, I would read through it, mostly because I enjoy lore.

I don't know when a new room will show up or be researched for Asgard, but currently my mind is focused on the combat situation and the upcoming event afterwards.

MeinCookie
July 14th, 2010, 06:45
lol... that was part of what I was doing for my RCI troll's personality.

Personally I read through first, but it takes tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime! Alternatively you can read the start and recent events or read odd or even pages, or not at all.

Sire
July 21st, 2010, 00:49
I'm thinking about pulling Sara out of Asgard as soon as I get a replacement in. Gordo may be moved here, I don't know. Or perhaps I can use one of the suggestion creatures...

So many choices, just a matter of time...

Read on if you want to know what is likely to happen next...
Yes, one of them will escape whether you like it or not. Part of me wants to save the entire expedition to show up later as a recurring enemies (Credit to MeinCookie). I do not know.
When the fight has progressed enough [it's been what, like 2 months of fighting?], we will head northward past the barrier and meet up with two special characters...

What, you wanted the entire story outline? Tough luck, just deal with the information I gave ye.

MeinCookie
July 22nd, 2010, 11:23
Norlan will probably escape... if by roundabout means.

If you look at Northland Iceland you'll see that the Keeper doesn't count as a creature as MGR has both Suria and Crystice. if you want fresh blood you don't have to ship out Sara if you don't want to.

Sire
July 22nd, 2010, 16:57
I know that the Keeper doesn't count as a creature. I already planned for a second creature to join Asgard, but I'm waiting on that. (Should be obvious by now)

I may transfer Sara somewhere else or just retire her for awhile. Gordo may be the replacement, I miss him a bit.

MeinCookie
July 27th, 2010, 12:22
Okay. It would be nice to see Gordo again... he just left Northland, though you'll have to claim the Workshop first I guess, so maybe not.

EDIT ~ I think i know who one of the special characters is. I have suspicion. Though I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else has already figures it out :(

Sire
August 1st, 2010, 01:38
I'm going to attempt to make a post tomorrow in Asgard.

So, who is one of the special characters Mein?

MeinCookie
August 1st, 2010, 01:53
A certain beetle-of-war whose profile has switched across to Asgard :confused::D

Sire
August 2nd, 2010, 02:04
Yeah, pretty obvious character...

Anyways, I booted Sara out of Asgard. Perhaps she may find a place elsewhere, she didn't seem to be the character I wanted her to be. (Being lazy and only willing to run the RP with the Heroes and Stravos doesn't really help...)

The reasoning behind the retreat is that the combat lasted too long already. We need more dungeon time posts instead of warfare so we can get those other creatures in. Besides, recurring enemies later on can help with plot, right?

Evi
August 2nd, 2010, 02:09
Sorry I haven't posted yet.

I'll post ASAP.

MeinCookie
August 2nd, 2010, 06:51
They could also probably win if they worked together more, so it is a bit strange they group up only to retreat.

I do notice, however, that Stravos's forces have rather dwindled over the course of combat. We've lost 4 creatures in a row and not gained any. That is bad, though with Victor...

EDIT ~ Now I have to do all that from Magisters perspective :(

Sire
August 2nd, 2010, 13:08
Mein, while it's nice where you are leading the combat, I would like Warren (and at least Norlon, Robert can be expendable) to survive. Perhaps he could be thrown down the portal and thought dead? (using your old idea for Norlon for Warren instead, basically)

And it is true they could've probably won if they stayed together. Flank attacks and pulling them apart bought the creatures more time, and that time eventually proved to be their semi-victory. Besides, over time, Stravos can keep healing his creatures, so as time passes it grows more and more toward the creature's favor, despite the inexperience. If Stravos had Lightning, the battle would have easily been over...
Robert and Luke are new recruits. Warren and Norlon were at the original battles when the old dungeon was destroyed. They probably thought they could solo the dungeon with their high levels (battle experience vs new dungeon recruits), but it was harder than they thought. Thus a retreat was in order...

MeinCookie
August 2nd, 2010, 14:51
Bah... I wanted to take Warren's sword for Barb ;)

That is reasonable. He shall escape, but not his sword.

Edit ~ You are definitely right on one score. Although this was a battle of attrition, it was dragging on a while too long.

Sire
August 5th, 2010, 05:23
I'm planning for the next few rounds to be like this...

Current Round (Preparation for Final Run)
Next Round (Final Run) [Possible Map!]
Next Round (Encounter) [New Map!]
Next Round (Encounter)
Next Round (RUN LIKE HELL!)
Next Round (Normal Dungeon Life) [Possible Map!]
...and the future from there is uncertain, but gold is running low...

MeinCookie
August 7th, 2010, 05:19
Just a quick clarification... does capturing rooms count as researching them, and does repairing any damage to the workshop require them to be researched?

Sire
August 7th, 2010, 19:42
So far, I have used the "Capture = Research" method, so yes, when I capture the Workshop, I can repair it as soon as one tile of it is claimed. So as the Guard Room up north. The main reason I do this is for a quick expansion and to head the RP up and running instead of being slowed down by research.

However, for any other rooms, I will have to research them the old fashioned way. So, basically...

Workshop
Guard Room

need not be researched. Everything else does, whether I capture them or not.

MeinCookie
August 7th, 2010, 23:45
So you are just doing that for the basic rooms? I was just wondering when i noticed you had repaired part of the training room after it was claimed.

Sire
August 19th, 2010, 16:37
For purposes of this realm and the roleplay, yeah, just the basic rooms.

All the rooms currently under Stravos' control are considered researched.

When the Workshop / Guard Room is claimed, they will automatically be researched as well.

All other rooms, captured or not, require researching.

I am thinking about raising the creature limit in Asgard up to 3 to have more creatures under Stravos' command. This may go into effect once the dungeon has fully been recaptured and rebuilt, and maybe a new room or two being in construction.

Any comments?

Metal Gear Rex
August 19th, 2010, 16:42
For purposes of this realm and the roleplay, yeah, just the basic rooms.

All the rooms currently under Stravos' control are considered researched.

When the Workshop / Guard Room is claimed, they will automatically be researched as well.

All other rooms, captured or not, require researching.

I am thinking about raising the creature limit in Asgard up to 3 to have more creatures under Stravos' command. This may go into effect once the dungeon has fully been recaptured and rebuilt, and maybe a new room or two being in construction.

Any comments?

Well this is a test realm, it'd be a nice test ;P

Plus I also planned on re-joining this place... but I gots a lot to catch up on .___.

Sire
August 19th, 2010, 17:36
Guess who's back?... : D :beetle:

Aye, raising the Creature Limit to 3 would be a nice test, but when more people join, I may have to lower the limit back down to 2. Probably the people with 3 can keep them until they get rid of them, then the 2 cap stays with them as well.

Yeah, if you do decide to rejoin, there is a bit to catch up on. A thing to note is that I dropped your guy down the portal and deleted him from the creature list.

Evi
August 19th, 2010, 18:04
Third creature eh? Sounds good to me.

*Looks through list*

I'll make a Double Cheese Burger with Onions on top.

Oops, wrong list. :D

I'll be a Giant Wo- Oh right... I'll be a Sl- oh. I'll be a Chicken! YEAH!

o_o... When we do get the three slot, I'll make my character then. :D

Metal Gear Rex
August 19th, 2010, 22:37
Yeah, if you do decide to rejoin, there is a bit to catch up on. A thing to note is that I dropped your guy down the portal and deleted him from the creature list.

Psh, didn't want him anyways ;P

EDIT:
Oh and Sire, congrats on the 100th Asgard post. I bet you stole it >;P

MeinCookie
August 19th, 2010, 23:13
I'm interested... but what would it be?

Sire
August 21st, 2010, 01:42
Its amazing that the OCC thread is almost as long as the RP itself.

I also noticed that I nabbed the 100th post. And I did so without even realizing it (and made a good post too!)

Anyways...

Normal Dungeon Mode now. I probably won't be having another battle without extra creatures in here, otherwise it may drag on like the last one.

Also, the extra creatures things may be implemented after the whole dungeon is completely repaired and in order. Thus, more choices! (yays.)

Lastly, is anyone bothered by the broken images on the last page? I can fix them now if it bothers anyone that much.

Metal Gear Rex
August 21st, 2010, 04:44
Its amazing that the OCC thread is almost as long as the RP itself.

Maybe the RP needs to pick up. :P

I'm going to begin reading now, but because there's an incredibly large amount to read, and the fact that I would recieve the answer a whole lot quicker if asked here instead of finding out myself, I have to ask, what is the current situation there in Asgard?

Anyone willing to bet money on me finishing my reading of Asgard by the end of the weekend? :P

EDIT:
HOLY F***ING CRAP I HAVE TO READ EIGHT PAGES!!!

MeinCookie
August 21st, 2010, 04:56
You could read it if you tried i reckon so i bet three KK-land fun cookies on you being able to do so.

@Sire... It doesn't bother me, but it does make it hard to go back and read over afterward.

Metal Gear Rex
August 23rd, 2010, 00:35
Yay I am finally done. Though I did a lot of skimming because my stomach hurts really bad so focusing on reading is hard >.<

Now all I have to do is create a creature to use. But there isn't much of a selection so I'll just have to wait if my creature isn't one of the few possible >.>. Though I did notice you need to update the availabilty thread so it shows that Asgard has Demon Spawns available since according to your Realm Info posts or whatever, there is one built (Also I could have sworn I read something about people training)

Also, one question. As a last resort, I thought of bringing Roach back, but, would I need a Resurrect Creature or no? This place is kinda like an alternative universe or something, so I thought perhaps it wouldn't matter, but obviously I'd need your confirmation on that.

PS: I don't think I'll create a temperairy character, I might but it is unlikely. I kinda want to grow out of the killing habit >.> I want to create more permanent characters. I'm also saving a slot for a Dwarf for a Hero Realm when that is available.

EDIT:
And MeinCookie, give me my god damn KK-Land Fun Cookies! :mad:

EDIT2:
Just read the Maiden will be fightable, and possibly usable if converted or something. That'll probably be my second Asgard Creature :P. And I can't think of what to use though, what kind of creature would Stravos want, like a top 5? It could give me some ideas :P

EDIT3:
Nevermind about the Maiden thing, I totally mis-read that... I need to stop skimming >.>

Sire
August 23rd, 2010, 00:50
*cough*

Who said that Roach was ever dead?

"It was only a setback!"

Yeah, if you want, he can be alive in Asgard. Doesn't matter how he got there, The Test Realms are unstable, and the multiplication of the abyss times two point seven eight five one... (continues on scientific ramblings)

Now, if he died in the Test Realms, that's another story...

Metal Gear Rex
August 23rd, 2010, 01:20
*cough*

Who said that Roach was ever dead?

"It was only a setback!"

Yeah, if you want, he can be alive in Asgard. Doesn't matter how he got there, The Test Realms are unstable, and the multiplication of the abyss times two point seven eight five one... (continues on scientific ramblings)

Now, if he died in the Test Realms, that's another story...

Roach, The True Mastermind...

Looks like Roach will be making a comeback. All I need to do is update the old profile into the new format, maybe a few tweaks as I have a better feel for Roach, then I'll send it to you. Any other idea for a creature I had I am unsure of and neither can come now >.>

Roach: Roach come back! Roach not dead! Ow! Bad Nachos!

Sire
August 25th, 2010, 21:42
Despite the activity, I'm afraid I'm going to have to be slow for a little bit (the rest of this week).

I'm heading on a field trip tomorrow about stuff and won't be coming back until later, and then I still have all my school work that needs to be done.

I'll try to get a Keeper post before this weekend, but there will be one on the weekend if there isn't any beforehand.

Metal Gear Rex
August 25th, 2010, 21:52
Alrighty but I won't post with Roach until the Keeper Post, mainly because Roach isn't going to want to wake up otherwise.

Sire
September 3rd, 2010, 02:58
Alrighty, I want some input where you guys would like to head from here.

Note: Needless to say, Stravos does not have much Gold Veins around his location. The ones down south will run dry soon, and they one above the Library will only last a short time.
Note 2: Below are options, and below that are spoilers to what the possible outcome will be. Read spoilers at own risk!!!

Mandatory: Completely repair dungeon, start plans for a new room or two.
Recommended: Build up defenses in the form of traps, doors, and fortify Stravos' dungeon walls. Also find a new source of gold veins

A: Explore up north, past the ruins. This is where the Valkyrie and a few escapees departed from the battlefield. This path is likely to lead to risky warfare.
B: Expand westward, constructing more rooms and stuff in the process. This path leads into the unknown, no one knows what will really happen.

You have been warned once... I will not warn you again...

By the time the dungeon is fully repaired, all Heroes in the area are fully aware of your presence. There will be periodic attacks from their bases to Stravos' position.

The Dungeon will be more able to fend off Hero invasions and other such things, the new Gold Veins helping pay off expenses.

This path leads to risky warfare with a small Hero Forward Base. A "boss" resides here, but by staking Stravos' claim, it becomes a forward base for him and denies Hero invasions from this point. In addition, Stravos gains access to a single Gem Seam.
Defeating the "boss" will net high rewards for Stravos.

By digging just a little bit to the northwest, Stravos will open up another Entry point to his dungeon, which brings yet two new options.

Path C: Explore new area.
Path D: Set up defenses.

Exploring this area is likely to get anyone who is exploring either killed or heavily wounded. DO NOT ATTEMPT.

Follow this path. Setting up defenses is the wisest idea, you do NOT want to get near that Hero Fortress... (At least at current strength...)

Continuing westward will net a Neutral Hostile encounter, which may be easy for the soldiers to handle. Southwest, a Gold Mine awaits to be exploited, but it hides something deep within...
Far, far west is a Hero Outpost. Upon discovery (or too much time has elapsed), the Heroes will start to attack from this location.
Securing this area nets a single Gem Seam, some more Gold Veins, and enough room for a small Creature Outpost as well.
North of the Outpost, there is another entry as well. Same options as C and D above are available.

Metal Gear Rex
September 3rd, 2010, 03:10
Yeeaaahh I'm ignoring all that cause it should be a surprise :P

Mandatory: Completely repair dungeon, start plans for a new room or two.
Recommended: Build up defenses in the form of traps, doors, and fortify Stravos' dungeon walls. Also find a new source of gold veins

Looks like Roach is going to be suddenly prized :3

MeinCookie
September 3rd, 2010, 08:20
From a realm point for view i say Path B... the dungeon needs to be built up a little and it would also make room for more WftO creatures...

At the same time, from a Keeper point of view, all efforts should perhaps be made to stem the tide of hero invasions and ensure the dungeons security so Path A should still be considered and addressed.

The dungeon will have to be, at least to some amount, built up early on.

Metal Gear Rex
September 5th, 2010, 01:43
Hmm, should Roach have finished the Sentry Trap by now? I mean, it has been 5 posts and it is his only project and he is a good manufacturer (All them years at N.A.W.T. taught him well! (Maybe I should add that to his background to explain his manufacturing skills >.>)) but he IS level 1 and a Beetle... hmm...

Though I probably won't post today, I is not in the RPG Posting mood as I just got up. Any energy I use will probably be directed at Northland for me neglecting Suria >.>

Evi
September 5th, 2010, 01:58
:bile: Groogo: You welcome, Roach. Good know that Groogo's help ignored.

Metal Gear Rex
September 5th, 2010, 11:31
:bile: Groogo: You welcome, Roach. Good know that Groogo's help ignored.

lol, well N.A.W.T. stands for New Advanced Workshop Team in which Groogo and Roach were apart of :P Let's jut say for the crossover effects that N.A.W.T. was already an organization ;P

Sire
September 9th, 2010, 02:36
I probably will be a little slow this week (School again), so feel free to post without a Keeper or Victor post.

MeinCookie
September 16th, 2010, 08:03
Yay, finally... been building up to that since half-way through the battle. Quite pleased with it...

Sire
September 25th, 2010, 01:46
Considering it'll take some time to make a Keeper Post...

What should be rebuilt first?

-Mini-Hatchery
-Training Room [Already usable]
-Guard Room
-Workshop [Slightly usable]

I'm also summoning more Imps to speed up stuff. (Why Stravos has not done so before now remains a mystery)

Metal Gear Rex
September 25th, 2010, 01:48
Workshop, it'll keep Roach occupied and attract Trolls and fat people.

MeinCookie
September 25th, 2010, 01:52
Workshop i think, but then Training Room.

EDIT ~

Also, no need to upgrade the Guard Room as it was built by the Heroes to keep an eye on the dungeon AFTER the battle... or at least I assume so.

EDIT II~
Also, Also... nice post MGR =)

Metal Gear Rex
September 25th, 2010, 01:54
Workshop i think, but then Training Room.

Yeah since it is also only slightly usable. Looks like it was a good move waiting 15 posts for Roach to finish a Sentry Trap and doll house (Which burned to flames ;_; )

Sire
October 4th, 2010, 03:55
Ah yes, fat people.

I forgot about fat people.

The problem is, do I have the funds... (Goes back to creating post)

Edit:

Dang it, noticed that the picture has 7 listed two times. Oh well...

I'll be posting in Asgard tomorrow with Victor and Stravos. Just a head's up if anyone wants to get a post in before then.

Edit: Also heavily considering raising the creature limit up to three due to lack or roleplayers. (Me not being that active isn't helping.)

It's here...

Asgard now has a three character limit per player! Take advantage of this soon, for when the RP becomes more active, this offer will no longer be valid. Submit your entries NOW to take advantage of this spectacular, once in a roleplay's lifetime event!

Offer lasts until retailer deems it so. No purchase necessary. Entries are subject to approval by our reviewers. Not all entries will pass. Signing said contract will have you liable to possibly removing your third character way down the line. No refunds, no protesting.

MeinCookie
October 4th, 2010, 05:55
I would have a savage... but that would take a prison and torture chamber which defeats the purpose boosting realm quickly. I could always do a Dark Elf, but we already have ranged support and judging by last fight it is the ranks of melee we need thicken.

Would you be opposed to a passive neutral Savage joining the dungeon?

Sire
October 4th, 2010, 17:43
Neutral Passive just wandering into a dungeon and joining, I can let that pass.

However, there better be a really good reason why he just showed up and joined. (and where he came from, according to my map the only way he can get to the dungeon is via Portal or wandering from the northern area, which means bypassing a Hero controlled zone.)

MeinCookie
October 4th, 2010, 20:52
neutrals roam where they please... he may well be hiding in an obscure corner of the battlefield, camping out near Stravos's dungeon after using the abandoned portal within as a means of transport there prior to Stravos's arrival in Asgard.

Sire
October 5th, 2010, 03:19
That works.

Have fun with Flint's stay in Asgard!

And remember, no refunds! : D

MeinCookie
October 5th, 2010, 09:30
That be my go-ahead? =)

Very well... Flint on the way :p;)

EDIT ~ I'm confused... was the battle outside the dungeon from the taking over of the dungeon or after? The Valkyrie wouldn't still be hanging around and people wouldn't still be dying if it was from the battle because it would have been quite a while before since they had time to put down magic barriers and build a guard room and such... yet that kind of makes sense geographically.

Was the battle just coincidental?

Sire
October 5th, 2010, 17:29
Timeline:

-Old Keeper sets up shop in this new realm.
-Old Keeper builds a few rooms and recruits a few creatures.
-Heroes notice the Keeper's presence and builds up an army.
-Several skirmishes occur.
-One "final" battle in the northern chamber, leading to the death of many.
-Old Keeper falls, dungeon is ruined.
-Heroes place the Wards and leave the place, sending occasional patrols to watch over the ruins.
-A day or two after this fact, Stravos arrives.
-Rest is history.

Now, for possible explanation of time.

The first major battle did occur during the takeover. During this, many creatures did fall and is in another cycle of decay. (not explained in said post.) Everyone from the first battle was redeemed and whatnot.
However, we'll say that Victor survived the first bout, as well as a few wounded creatures. They found a place to regroup (illogical considering my map, but let's enjoy the embrace of retcons) and try to regain their strength before counterattacking. Even though they knew their Keeper was dead, there was no place to escape (Wards prevented them from going down the portal whence they came). The only outcome was combat.
Stravos arrived and was busy building his dungeon while Victor's little remnant tried to regain strength. The story of Stravos can be found in the main Asgard thread.

The hardest part to explain is when the Patrol shows up. Major battles take more time than a simple skirmish (although we do have the excuse that our little battle in the dungeon took way longer than normal, but even then that is stretching it.) Sometime after the Patrol came down to investigate, Victor led the counterattack of his few "elite" creatures. They charged northward, but were beaten back to the giant battlefield. The Valkyrie herself arrived to lend assistance in the struggle. Needless to say, all the creatures died or were dieing save for Victor, who was buried under the pile of the fallen.
The surviving heroes cleared out and the Valkyrie was left on the battlefield alone, starting the redemption process.
At this time, Robert and Norlon ran for their lives trying to escape. They thoughts about the battle were not explained in said post, as they were focused on the Valkyrie and the retreat.

Now, in relations to Flint...
The real thing to only change may just be the time he's been in Asgard to a few weeks or maybe even a month or two.
And the Valkyrie is long gone, which was explained in Victor's entrance post (# 100).
Otherwise, everything works fine.

Edit: The Guard Room was built by the old Keeper, not the Heroes.

MeinCookie
October 6th, 2010, 05:42
I may say he arrived through the portal before the dead Keeper moved in and edit that post if you don't mind. That'll make much more sense.

I'll say he hid in the south and then moved up further north when the old keeper died but before the wards were created, yes? No... I won't say that - doesn't even make much sense. I'm sure the portal was probably connected to the Northern chamber before Keeper A's arrival in Asgard. Nothing says it wasn't. He'll have lived between the opposing factions minding his own, happy til they came along.

The battle though... perhpaps the main last battle was after a smaller elite force of creatures had flanked them and already killed the Keeper. They tried to retreat back to the portal... but the elite force had already set up the magical wards blocking them. Over the next days they were trapped and slowly killed off by heroes from both sides. Any dead creatures in the dungeon could have been killed by the elite force before the creatures to the north were sufficiently thinned to make it back through and join the northern force in fighting the remainder of the creatures. The battle is finishing up as Stravos arrives. The last of the creatures are finished and they send a small detachment to checkthe state of the dungeon and that the wards they established to block the creatures retreat at the start of the battle are still in place. Meanwhile, the hero army heads back to wherever they are based and regroups unaware that their patrol have run into trouble. The dungeon battle last long enough for them to be gone by the time the survivors get away.

-Flint arrives through unused portal and makes home in Northern Chamber
-Old Keeper sets up shop in this new realm.
-Old Keeper builds a few rooms and recruits a few creatures.
-Heroes notice the Keeper's presence and builds up an army.
-Several skirmishes occur.
-Old Keeper falls, special hero forces go behind main force, ruin dungeon and set up wards.
-Final battle in the northern chamber continues as desperate creatures are trapped.
-Hero south force moves north for whatever reason... north force needs reinforcement, simply to flank the dead keepers creatures or they finish of the last creatures in dungeon.
-A day or so after this fact, Stravos arrives.
-Last creatures killed, battle ends. Hero force sends a small force to check dungeon before moving out.
-Rest is history.

That would move the battle forwards a little. Makes more sense to me. Just a possibility.

Sire
October 6th, 2010, 18:04
Let me see...

Note: Before all this, Flint is assumed to be already in Asgard.

Battle Timeline:
1: Main Hero / Creature Forces engaged in the Northern Chamber.
2: Special Hero Forces manage to get to the Dungeon and ruin / kill the Keeper / kill all occupants. They also set up Wards. (Main Forces still engaged) [This may actually be possible, since there is another "caved-in" entrance to the west. And yes, this is intentional]
3: Creatures are losing ground, they try to retreat but the wards / Special Forces block their only escape route.
4: With Heroes in the North having sufficient supplies and an "endless" supply of men, in addition with the Special Forces down south (who have the training to survive), the Creatures are slowly picked off, one by one. Victor poses to be a large problem.
5: The Valkyrie arrives to end this conflict. Both Heroes charge in to finish off the Creatures in the middle. It is a massacre for the Creatures, but a good amount of Heroes fall as well.
6: A patrol is sent from a small number of Special Forces and Normal Forces to check the state of the wards. In addition, both Hero Armies move out.
7: The patrol heads into trouble without the armies knowing of it. The Valkyrie is redeeming people on the battlefield.
8: Most of the patrol manages to escape, leading to Victor's entrance to the dungeon.

Will that work? It adds your information and makes it a heck of a lot simpler than my original (which I just came up with on the spot).

MeinCookie
October 7th, 2010, 05:36
Yep... as far as I can see that does tally with everything accept Flint's post - which i will edit. It works well. It is also cool to think that all the while that Stravos is expanding there is an epic battle going on up north.

Alrighty, time to fix that post...

EDIT ~ Done... but if I missed something as I always seem to do then say something.

Evi
October 11th, 2010, 00:07
I have no bloody clue what I want for my third creature... *Thinks* I... Don't know.

Metal Gear Rex
October 11th, 2010, 00:08
I have no bloody clue what I want for my third creature... *Thinks* I... Don't know.

I want a Maiden and a Witch but Sire hasn't replied to me on the latter *cries*

Sire
October 15th, 2010, 18:41
I'll get around for posting as Stravos and Victor, eventually...

Metal Gear Rex
October 15th, 2010, 19:58
I'll get around for posting as Stravos and Victor, eventually...

How are you still a chicken? o.O

I'll have more time to post for a while, however, I'm still waiting for Sire. Get your lazy self to work Sire! :P