PDA

View Full Version : Hatchery

Monsterbaby
April 17th, 2010, 20:30
I don't know if someone already did a sketch of the Hatchery, but now I've done a quick PS sketch, wannabe-Synesthesia style.

My idea was to have a chicken house in the middle of a 3x3 area. Like Dk2. And then some holes/ arches in the walls (like Dk2 oO) where the chickens also can hatch from. So if you have a reinforced dungeon, the chickens hatch faster.

I need to do some eye ball freehand perspective exercises. As you can see. I suck at perspective.

http://forum.keeperklan.com/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=38
The chicken is just for fun.

A New Room
April 17th, 2010, 21:39
Looks pretty good.

Though I think the ladders should be more like ramps and just out of interest why does the hut need a chimney? :P

Blue Eagle
April 17th, 2010, 22:15
The chimney can be just decorative, it makes the hut look twisted and evil, like the spikes on the roof.

It's a great design, what would you have in the lowered area around the hut?

Afterthought, that chicken is maybe a bit comical, something a tiny bit more realistic perhaps?

A New Room
April 17th, 2010, 22:21
I think the chicken is actually just a joke :D

kyle
April 17th, 2010, 22:55
I hope it is, nice drawing. I didin't know DKII had arches on the walls in the hatchery?

Monsterbaby
April 19th, 2010, 10:19
Looks pretty good.

Though I think the ladders should be more like ramps and just out of interest why does the hut need a chimney? :P

I don't know if you've ever been in a henhouse before? Or in a pigeonholes shed? Kinda hard to breathe in such a place really. That's why I added the chimney, for ventilation for the poor creatures. Afterall they should have a nice time before they get eaten, exploded, slapped to death, or squashed by a boulder trap.

And yea, I did it for decoration as well xD

The chicken was just made for fun :P

I can try model the henhouse in 3D studio max if you like it. Then I can add a bit more to it, in the progress.

QwentyJ
April 20th, 2010, 18:52
Love it, MB. Keep up the good work.