PDA

View Full Version : DD not working in Vista

Bartimaeus09
April 18th, 2010, 14:40
I have recently re-installed the gold vesion of dungeon keeper and deeper dungeon. dungeon keeper runs fine for a couple of hours but has crashed one one occasion (I believe it was my fault for building to many workshops spaces). Now I wish to start playing DD but when I get to the level select, the maps fail to load and the game just shuts down.

I remember something similar for me in XP but I was to obtain so saved game files that let me play each level from the start.

I would ask is someone could possible send a saved game file (or set like the first 4?) else is there any other way to possibly get DD to load?

Searingflame2
April 18th, 2010, 14:54
(I'm not a technical kind of guy)

May I suggest downloading KeeperFX? The vast majority of the problems associated with crashes and just about everything else are solved if you use it instead of just DK and DD. Not only that, but with us its pretty much getting to the point where if there are any problems people know how to solve them FX style!

If you're not into that idea, wait for someone more useful to reply. I'm useless with troubleshooting :P

Incidently: Welcome to the community :-)

Bartimaeus09
April 18th, 2010, 15:05
Thanks, Ill have a look at it, and then let you know if that works. right now I wanna also see if a pre-saved game works instead of the game creating a fresh 'level'. heres hoping FX work.

Bartimaeus09
April 19th, 2010, 02:54
It works, though now the only problem is the mouse cursor placement is not calibrated... oh well i can still play :)

Searingflame2
April 19th, 2010, 04:42
I'm afraid I know nothing of the cursor placement deal (ahh, tech incompetence. You'd think I'd have picked up something given my stay here, but no D:) but 'tis a good thing to hear that you can play.

Pizu_Meaku
April 25th, 2010, 10:32
Download DirectX 9.0c, trust me, it solves alot.

TheJohn11313
May 11th, 2010, 20:59
I had the same problem with DD closing when in the map select screen. Have you tried changing compatibility to windows 95? hat's what I did, and problem solved.

Adamczuk
May 26th, 2010, 20:33
For the problem with the mouse cursor, is the mouse moving to quickly, almost jumping from point to point?

If so I can recommend a program called Turbo. Set it to about 4, I think. I helped me to get X-com: UFO defence to be playable.

Download Here. (http://www.xcomufo.com/turbo.zip)