PDA

View Full Version : Merging KeeperFX with map editor

awsdert
April 19th, 2010, 19:25
Why not try extracting some of the functions from the map editor (ones that keeperfx doesn't have of course) and simply adding them to keeperfx and then add an option to the main menu for entering the map editor.:horny:

dotted
April 19th, 2010, 19:58
Why not try extracting some of the functions from the map editor (ones that keeperfx doesn't have of course) and simply adding them to keeperfx and then add an option to the main menu for entering the map editor.:horny:

If it was simple it would have been done already.

Mothrayas
April 19th, 2010, 20:00
If it was simple it would have been done already.

It would be, if people thought of it beforehand.

DragonsLover
April 20th, 2010, 00:38
If I remember well, Mefisto already said that he was gonna add this feature in the future.

p_hansson
April 20th, 2010, 07:05
It's hardly simple but not impossible either... We'll see what future brings...

awsdert
April 20th, 2010, 08:26
I just figured that adding the functions and the options would be simple compared to trying to write out new functions. Also even if it's buggy it would be a start.:horny:

Pizu_Meaku
April 25th, 2010, 10:38
Personally i think our little Mefisto should post his 'Agenda'. So we know what he's going to do and what hes doing.

I visit the forum every now and then. And i notice alot of questions/idea's that are basicly old news. no offence.

dotted
April 25th, 2010, 12:58
Personally i think our little Mefisto should post his 'Agenda'. So we know what he's going to do and what hes doing.

I visit the forum every now and then. And i notice alot of questions/idea's that are basicly old news. no offence.

Why should he bother to do that?

Anyways a pseudo agenda you can find here:
http://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/list
http://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/source/list

p_hansson
April 25th, 2010, 22:52
Yeah GoogleCode is quite good; you'll see anything as it's "freshly baked" there.

As for my agenda, I'm working on multiplayer support primarily.

awsdert
April 28th, 2010, 11:28
I've had another idea, a global creature settings file to overide individual settings where blank settings would indicate use of individual settings instead:horny:

Duke Ragereaver
April 28th, 2010, 13:00
I've had another idea, a global creature settings file to overide individual settings where blank settings would indicate use of individual settings instead:horny:

You can already change Creatures stastics in any way you desire in the ''creatrs'' folder of KeeperFX. But if you want to change Creatures only in specific maps the options are rather limited, only the STRENGTH, HEALTH, ARMOUR and FEAR stats can be changed unless the FX authors have figured out a way to do the remaining stastics.

awsdert
April 28th, 2010, 21:59
You can already change Creatures stastics in any way you desire in the ''creatrs'' folder of KeeperFX. But if you want to change Creatures only in specific maps the options are rather limited, only the STRENGTH, HEALTH, ARMOUR and FEAR stats can be changed unless the FX authors have figured out a way to do the remaining stastics.
I'm aware of the creatrs folder however all those files are just individual creature settings (which I already refered to) - I'm on about a global.cfg for use to override the individual creature settings (but only if the global.cfg settings are not blank)

Metal Gear Rex
April 28th, 2010, 22:18
Well it is just like Duke said. Per map only made via script, but that's not available yet. Either that or you're talking about something with a campaign setting (My idea, listed elsewhere) but that one's much easier, all that is is something to specify where the creature info is (So it can easily use default)

If that's not it, then what I think you're asking is something somewhere else to override the creatures data, but that's actually pointless. All you need to do is back up the old data before, then modify the data in FX.

What it sounds like is that you're asking for something already available.

You see if these "Global settings" are set to something else (New or different than the original FX data) then it will use that data. That can easily be done by modifying the creature data in FX.

But the settings aren't going to go "blank" for no reason, you'd have to erase/undo them. That is pretty much the same as overriting the modifyed files with the back ups.

If this is not what you mean, then be more specific with your request. We don't all know what you're thinking.

awsdert
April 29th, 2010, 19:54
what i meant was something like this:

// Create pointers/data
int c_stat_all[20]; // Load global.cfg into this
int c_stat_ind[20][20]; // Load all imp.cfg etc into this
int c_stat[20][20];
int c_id;
int c_stat_id;
while (c_id < 21) { // run through creature array using this id
while (c_stat_id < 21) { // run through settings of current creature using this id
if (c_stat_all[c_stat_id] == 0) { c_stat[c_id][c_stat_id] = c_stat_ind[c_id][c_stat_id]; } // if global setting is not available then use current creature setting
else { c_stat[c_id][c_stat_id] = c_stat_all[c_stat_id]; } // use global setting
}
}
// Remove uneeded pointers/data
delete c_stat_all;
delete c_stat_ind;
This should load all needed data from the creatrs folder into the creature array data

Edit: Since there are no replies to this would I be right in assuming that you all finally understood what I meant?