PDA

View Full Version : Hydroblast9's Art Thread

Sire
April 20th, 2010, 00:32
While he isn't much on the team and may not be reliable at all times, he is still an excellent artist. While not good or professional as Syn, he can do the suggestion drafts (and other minor things) while Syn concentrates on more important matters.

I know a few of you are wondering why I am posting another members artwork instead of the artist himself doing it. I have my reasons. :)

Valkyrie

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/Sir_Mark_64/Sire%20Workshop%20Stuff/ValkyrieNoColor.jpg

Pixie (No demonic influence)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/Sir_Mark_64/Sire%20Workshop%20Stuff/Pixie.jpg

Phoenix (or a bird of some sort)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/Sir_Mark_64/Sire%20Workshop%20Stuff/Phoenix.jpg

Beetle

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/Sir_Mark_64/Sire%20Workshop%20Stuff/BeetleT.jpg

A New Room
April 20th, 2010, 00:49
I would say they looks pretty good.

Though I think the beetle needs one more set of legs. :)

kyle
April 20th, 2010, 01:08
He's actually quite a good drawer.

natchoguy
April 20th, 2010, 02:17
have a friend that is as good as drawing and that is a graphics designer. but it's hard to get him interested

Hydroblast9
April 20th, 2010, 03:01
You know what, I can't draw like Synthesia does, because he is more experience and mature, but that doesnt stop me for being a game desniger.

I'm a guy that dont use imaginations so some of my drawings is either unfinished or being thrown away.

Monsterbaby
April 20th, 2010, 10:49
The poses of the girls are great!

Maybe this is a bit offtopic - but is it an idea, that I create my own art thread too, so I don't have to create a new topic each time I do a new drawing? :slow:

kyle
April 20th, 2010, 11:56
It would be better to add a category for art, and sticky all the artist threads. You could each have one, it would be more orginaised.

Hydroblast9
April 20th, 2010, 12:29
It would be better to add a category for art, and sticky all the artist threads. You could each have one, it would be more orginaised.

Maybe we should have an art contest. This would test each one of you of how good you are in drawing stuff. Also, this would test your imagination.

(parody drawings is also included)

Sire
April 20th, 2010, 12:35
@ kyle:

Agreed, but in addition to Art we might as well combine that with stories that the members come up with as well.

So...

Art / Story Catagory

or something similar.

*Fixed*

Hydroblast9
April 20th, 2010, 13:14
Sire's idea is magnificient. I guess that is better than my idea. This could test my imagination.

Monsterbaby
April 20th, 2010, 15:29
Maybe we should have an art contest. This would test each one of you of how good you are in drawing stuff. Also, this would test your imagination.

(parody drawings is also included)

Art...contest?.... You gotta be joking -_- what a waste of time. I thought we were doing a GAME HERE?!

Synesthesia
April 20th, 2010, 16:59
@ kyle:

Agreed, but in addition to Art we might as well combine that with stories that the members come up with as well.

Why?

Lets just keep art in the art threads and story ideas in story threads to avoid clutter.

If people want to see our art, they can click on the art thread. If they want to read our story ideas, they can click on the story thread. No need to combine them.

kyle
April 20th, 2010, 17:08
I Dislike having one bored filled with threads. Need more in my opinion.

QwentyJ
April 20th, 2010, 18:55
Why?

Lets just keep art in the art threads and story ideas in story threads to avoid clutter.

If people want to see our art, they can click on the art thread. If they want to read our story ideas, they can click on the story thread. No need to combine them.

Exactly. Hopefully we'll be getting an update thread for all of this courtesy of Duke Ragereaver very son. Of course, you and Bluto have your own threads you can continue to work on if you so wish.

Metal Gear Rex
April 20th, 2010, 19:27
Why not a Sub-Forum called "Art/Story" and then you can place the sepperate art threads and story threads in there. It avoids clutter and things are easier to find. Plus you also easily get an idea of how much we have.

Synesthesia
April 20th, 2010, 19:35
I don't see what possible benefit we'll get by combining the art and story threads. They are two completely different areas of game design and should be kept seperate imo. As long as we label everything clearly people shouldn't have any problem finding what they are looking for.

Monsterbaby
April 20th, 2010, 19:50
I agree with Synesthesia. Keep it as simple as possible. Otherwise it will end up in a big mess (again)

Sire
April 20th, 2010, 21:39
...Are you people interpreting my message as a single thread?

What I meant was a sub forum for Art and Stories in general, not in any way related to WFTO.

Edit: Ah, seems like I did a major typo there. Fixed, meant category for it instead of a thread.

Blue Eagle
April 20th, 2010, 22:15
I'd create categories for 'Project Management', 'Art and models', 'Sound effects and music', 'Design, story and ideas', 'Documentation, help and manuals' and 'Programming' but as long as everything is clearly labelled then it doesn't matter what system we have on the board.

Anyway
Any work and any new members are welcome however anything may be in comparison, if there's going to be a competition then we should find something we know will be in the game and have each artist create their rendition of it.

Synesthesia
April 21st, 2010, 12:45
What I meant was a sub forum for Art and Stories in general, not in any way related to WFTO.

Ahhh, I thought you were talking about the art and story for wfto. Probably my fault for not reading properly, heh.

As for an art contest, I have to say I think it's a bit of a waste of time unless the subject matter is a concept piece for the game, say a character or room design.

Hydroblast9
April 21st, 2010, 13:11
Okay, then we should listen what Synth said. However, it might be cool if we can do something fun, so I'm not just sitting around and darw some stuff.

Monsterbaby
April 21st, 2010, 13:31
Ahhh, I thought you were talking about the art and story for wfto. Probably my fault for not reading properly, heh.

As for an art contest, I have to say I think it's a bit of a waste of time unless the subject matter is a concept piece for the game, say a character or room design.

I don't understand why make a contest, even if it was a concept piece. There is no need for two or more people working on the same piece of design at the same time. It would only be a waste of time.
If more people should work on the same design, it should be as it is now. Concept is shown, people do critique, and then it can be kept working on. In that way, the same thing isn't been drawn twice.
And if the piece isn't good enough, then another artist can take over the job, and do it properly.

And to see who draws the "best". Well, I think there's a pretty easy conclusion to who that is. (^ POINT!)

Monsterbaby
April 21st, 2010, 13:40
Okay, then we should follow what Synth said. However, it might be cool if we can do something fun, so I'm not just sitting around and darw some stuff.

What do you mean about "I'm not just sitting around and draw some stuff?"

Do you mean, you need something specific, to draw for the game? Or a specific task? - Because if so. Perhaps we should assign an art director who keep track of what people draw and assign specific assignments for the people who aren't sure what to design next.

I had problems knowing what I should draw to begin with. I started doing suggestions I thought were nice, then I began doing some funny designs, and now I've moved on to do specific stuff, like the hatchery, and currently I am working on a design for the Bile Demon lair. No clue if it's already been designed.

Synesthesia
April 21st, 2010, 14:00

Do you mean, you need something specific, to draw for the game? Or a specific task? - Because if so. Perhaps we should assign an art director who keep track of what people draw and assign specific assignments for the people who aren't sure what to design next.

I think we could do with a list of what needs to be designed and who's doing what so that we don't end up working on the same things. I don't think any lairs have been designed yet so your ok to go ahead with that MB. Would you be happy to come up with designs for all of the creatures lairs?

Monsterbaby
April 21st, 2010, 14:42
I think we could do with a list of what needs to be designed and who's doing what so that we don't end up working on the same things. I don't think any lairs have been designed yet so your ok to go ahead with that MB. Would you be happy to come up with designs for all of the creatures lairs?

Yea sure thing.

Sire
April 21st, 2010, 21:40
Currently I'm assigning Hydroblast9 to draw suggestions and a few extra things, but nothing that is hard-tied to WFTO as of yet. (Someone with higher authority can override this command)

Thing is, he'll be somewhere else in 2 months and I can't oversee his actions or artwork direction. In addition, I don't think they have a scanner where he is going...

Hydroblast9
April 21st, 2010, 21:41

I had problems knowing what I should draw to begin with. I started doing suggestions I thought were nice, then I began doing some funny designs, and now I've moved on to do specific stuff, like the hatchery, and currently I am working on a design for the Bile Demon lair. No clue if it's already been designed.

Thats what I meant to say. So basicly, I need more suggestions and comments from the game, so that I could truely help in this community.

Yeah I guess, i need more specific task.

(Hope this make sense)

QwentyJ
April 21st, 2010, 22:42
Currently I'm assigning Hydroblast9 to draw suggestions and a few extra things, but nothing that is hard-tied to WFTO as of yet. (Someone with higher authority can override this command)

Thing is, he'll be somewhere else in 2 months and I can't oversee his actions or artwork direction. In addition, I don't think they have a scanner where he is going...
I think it's best that he, Synth and MB have a discussion and decide what they can do each. IMO, of course.

Hydroblast9
April 22nd, 2010, 01:04
I think it's best that he, Synth and MB have a discussion and decide what they can do each. IMO, of course.

@QuentyJ

You mean, make a team? If thats what your talking about, then I don't have problems with that.

Monsterbaby
April 22nd, 2010, 09:16
Now I haven't spoken with Syn. yet. But what I think you should do, untill we figure out how exactly everything is going to work out. Is to start like I started. Doing suggestions. And don't be scare of throwing away work, in case the suggestion didn't make it into the game. None of the ones I did artwork of did.
But it is a good start, also to get a bit familiar with drawing Dungeon Keeper related stuff.

So far, a lot of things aren't really planned, besides me doing the lairs. But later on we will find out a specific task for you, and figure out what suits you the best.

Sire
April 29th, 2010, 23:05
More random Pixie pictures...

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/Sir_Mark_64/Sire%20Workshop%20Stuff/Pixie2.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/Sir_Mark_64/Other/Pixie3.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/Sir_Mark_64/Other/Pixie4.jpg

Evi
April 29th, 2010, 23:12
Ah, the first picture looks very good, as does the second! :D

Lol, The third one, makes it look like the Pixie got breast inplants... :eek:

Mothrayas
April 29th, 2010, 23:14
Still needs more evil as well as more cuteness.

Hydroblast, work on the faces more. These look like emo Fairies.

Monsterbaby
April 30th, 2010, 13:25
Imo it looks more like they belong to some other game. Final Fantasy or something like that. As previously mentioned, make it look more evil, make it fit with the DK style as much as possible.

A New Room
May 3rd, 2010, 19:40
I don't know whether it is Hydro's unfamiliarity with DK or his use a of a more manga inspired technique, but it just seems rather odd to me.

It's good work, just doesn't seem right for some reason. :/

QwentyJ
May 3rd, 2010, 20:51
I don't know whether it is Hydro's unfamiliarity with DK or his use a of a more manga inspired technique, but it just seems rather odd to me.

It's good work, just doesn't seem right for some reason. :/
Perhaps you should consider a job in PR, ANR?! :p

It's encouraging stuff. Perhaps he might like to move on from the Pixies and draw some ideas for Mercenaries?

Sire
May 3rd, 2010, 22:13
Hydroblast is unfamiliar with DK and probably does use manga-inspired techniques since he watched a bit of anime where he used to live.

Mothrayas
May 3rd, 2010, 22:18
Funny, since in my opinion the pixie needs to look more animesque, not less.

Hydroblast9
May 5th, 2010, 02:47
I got to admit that they look horrible. Plus, Sire is right. I live in Asia (Philippines) so my art skill is more like animeish style than realistic one. Also, I used to love watching anime back in Philippines, so my imagination adapted with anime style.

Sire
May 23rd, 2010, 22:29
Irrelevant to WFTO (Hydroblast and I have taken a break and are awaiting further orders), but he drew something for a fanfiction I am writing (Not Alternative Reality). It was scanned, so quality is low and the darker colors were lost.

Also note that Hydroblast will leave in a week, so afterwards he will not be able to help with WFTO anymore. He may still be online, but his new location may lack a scanner and supervisor. (And he does not work unless someone is looking over his shoulder)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/Sir_Mark_64/Sire%20Workshop%20Stuff/Picture.jpg

zerg_rush
May 25th, 2010, 16:28
Cool artwork, but I think you should ditch the anime/manga style if you want to progress stylistically. It's a very poor base to learn how to draw properly since it is too simple and unchallenging to provide a steady evolution. Also forget about the classic arms-open stances and start picturing movement more frequently. The best way to create a character is first to picture it in action. The essence of a character lies in what he does, the way he moves, and how that feels to the spectator. Different looks and aspects are easily adapted from this starting ground.

My advice for you is to start looking at classic 20th century fantasy & sci-fi illustrators for reference, especially those in the lines of Frank Frazetta and Ian McCaig, that is, if you really dig classic fantasy artwork and intend to keep doing it.

QwentyJ
May 27th, 2010, 03:51
Irrelevant to WFTO (Hydroblast and I have taken a break and are awaiting further orders), but he drew something for a fanfiction I am writing (Not Alternative Reality). It was scanned, so quality is low and the darker colors were lost.

Also note that Hydroblast will leave in a week, so afterwards he will not be able to help with WFTO anymore. He may still be online, but his new location may lack a scanner and supervisor. (And he does not work unless someone is looking over his shoulder)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/Sir_Mark_64/Sire%20Workshop%20Stuff/Picture.jpg

Perhaps you should consider a job in PR, ANR?! :p

It's encouraging stuff. Perhaps he might like to move on from the Pixies and draw some ideas for Mercenaries?

*cough*

Sire
May 27th, 2010, 05:06
I miss the old Quote system when it got everything, including the quotes within the quotes...

Alas...

(Hydroblast and I have taken a break and are awaiting further orders)

Perhaps he might like to move on from the Pixies and draw some ideas for Mercenaries?
*cough*

Did not catch that, sorry for the inconvenience. However, Hydroblast will be leaving this weekend, so he will not be able to contribute to WFTO anymore unless stated. (And even his contributions were little, I had to force him to sit down and draw in addition to looking over his shoulder for progress every two seconds, otherwise he would be off doing something else. He would never work as long as he got away with it.)

He never played Dungeon Keeper. Why he registered on the forum is beyond my understanding, the only use of him here was a slight help in the graphic department.

May this thread slowly flutter down the pages to be forgotten.

Hydroblast9
July 29th, 2010, 01:22
hey....um.. my drawing improves really fast. I can draw a lamborghini accurately 8)