PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the board ?/Improvement suggestion ?

Ðârk Âñgêl
September 1st, 2009, 15:19
hey

i think we need a general topic about technical functions in our board.
where problems can be discussed. new members will not have to create a new topic to ask why they cant upload a signature picture, and stuff like that.
and people can post ideas and suggestions there which can improve our forum, like new cbox software or something else.
here can be discussed what new sections we need or not.

i already have problems.
- i cant use quick post, when i click on it nothing happens, whats wrong ?
- i cant upload my own avatar pic, it says invalid file... ?
- it wont show my signature picture, you see only [sigpic], nothing more. but in the control panel i can see the picture :S

and one other question, do we really need a russian section ?

dk2player
September 1st, 2009, 15:30
1.) Think its just a bug that happens when the board is under constuction.
2.) try changing it to a JPEG or PNG file. BITMAP won't upload correctly.
3.) Are you sure that the code and are around your file. Sometimes you have to do that.

4.) Yes, for there to be another dk forum to get people. More people, more games, more happieness

Here's my question, where is the other smilies (like arrow and twisted).

dotted
September 1st, 2009, 16:02
- i cant use quick post, when i click on it nothing happens, whats wrong ?
You need to hit the quick reply button on the post you want to reply to.

- i cant upload my own avatar pic, it says invalid file... ?
You can only upload compressed images such as jpg, png or gif.

- it wont show my signature picture, you see only , nothing more. but in the control panel i can see the picture :S
Use the code the forum told you to use:
[SIGPIC]

and one other question, do we really need a russian section ?
Why are you complaining about a section you barely managed to even find? Look the Russian section is for new people not old people like you and me. I thought that was obvious.

Ðârk Âñgêl
September 1st, 2009, 16:03
btw, how do i do threads sticky ? this one should be sticky i think, so it wont get lost.

edit: ok everything works now.

Why are you complaining about a section you barely managed to even find? Look the Russian section is for new people not old people like you and me. I thought that was obvious.

i differentiate aksing and complaining :-P

dotted
September 1st, 2009, 16:10
btw, how do i do threads sticky ? this one should be sticky i think, so it wont get lost.
done

Ðârk Âñgêl
September 1st, 2009, 20:24
downloads in the download section seem not to work.
cant dl the german version of the patch. its loading endless and saying 404 not found.

dk2player
September 1st, 2009, 23:34
hmm... well, I think I can help you with that.

EDIT: Yeah, sorry. It works fine for all the patches. :confused:

dotted
September 2nd, 2009, 02:18
downloads in the download section seem not to work.
cant dl the german version of the patch. its loading endless and saying 404 not found.
Works fine here, so I'm not sure what's wrong

Ðârk Âñgêl
September 3rd, 2009, 12:57
wtf, now i get the download window, but
1. it wants to dl from lime wire :S
2. the file has the size of 9,1 kb

:S

edit:
when i post something, and it takes a bit longer to write (more than 5 mins), i get logged out automaticly and have to copy my message, to log in and to post again. thats annoying.
cant we make the automatic logging out time longer ?

dotted
September 3rd, 2009, 15:15
wtf, now i get the download window, but
1. it wants to dl from lime wire :S
2. the file has the size of 9,1 kb

:S

edit:
when i post something, and it takes a bit longer to write (more than 5 mins), i get logged out automaticly and have to copy my message, to log in and to post again. thats annoying.
cant we make the automatic logging out time longer ?

It is torrent files and you need a torrent client to open them.

I have absolutely no idea why you get logged out, anyone else experiencing this?

Duke Ragereaver
September 3rd, 2009, 15:18
Yes, it takes around 1-3 minutes before it automaticly loggs out.

dotted
September 3rd, 2009, 15:23
What browser are you using?

And did you tick on Remember me when you login?

Duke Ragereaver
September 3rd, 2009, 15:33
What browser are you using?

And did you tick on Remember me when you login?

I'm using internet explorer, and I find the 'Remember me' thing also a bit odd it actually doesn't remember me. :confused:

dotted
September 3rd, 2009, 15:35
I'm using internet explorer, and I find the 'Remember me' thing also a bit odd it actually doesn't remember me. :confused:

what internext explorer, and try and clear you cookies.

Ðârk Âñgêl
September 3rd, 2009, 16:02
i use firefox and i clicked remember me,
but what does that mean ? it remembers my name and pass ? if yes, it doesnt.

dk2player
September 4th, 2009, 00:17
i use firefox and i clicked remember me,
but what does that mean ? it remembers my name and pass ? if yes, it doesnt.

have you tried to clear your cookies. This happend to me once, were the cookies wouldn't work. But I cleared them, and it worked fine.

QwentyJ
September 9th, 2009, 17:03
I think it's good. It'll get better over time, when things become more structured - It's early days.

What I am concerned about is people still logging into the old forum, not having realised that we've moved!

How do we propose notifying these people? Also, is Patrician on here and how's he coping not being the owener any more? ;)

Duke Ragereaver
September 12th, 2009, 14:24
What I am concerned about is people still logging into the old forum, not having realised that we've moved!

How do we propose notifying these people? Also, is Patrician on here and how's he coping not being the owener any more? ;)

It was announced a long time the forum would move, even longer strongly hinted. Patrician is still on KK appearing everywhere as an admin. :)

My suggestion to improve the new forum: Seperate stickies from non-stickies to make it more viewable, or make it more visble to see what's (not) stickied.

dotted
September 12th, 2009, 20:26
My suggestion to improve the new forum: Seperate stickies from non-stickies to make it more viewable, or make it more visble to see what's (not) stickied.

Done

Blutonium
September 18th, 2009, 14:58
The maroon/grey forum theme sucks balls - can't you guys download a better theme?

Madkill
September 18th, 2009, 16:04
The maroon/grey forum theme sucks balls - can't you guys download a better theme?

I like it, you'll get used to it.

You really don't need a big flashy looking forum and to say this is a forum based on Dungeon Keeper as well... why would you want a 'pimped' out forum? HUH!? WELL?! Nah... I'm only kiddin'

But seriously, this forum theme is fine. :spider:

dotted
September 18th, 2009, 16:53

Feel free to find one

Blutonium
September 19th, 2009, 19:19
It just looks ugly with the 8-bit colors :(

How about something like this?

http://i38.tinypic.com/mls42h.jpg

link:
http://vbskins.com/theme/merahitam.html

Simburgur
September 19th, 2009, 20:12
Dotted installed the new theme, you can find it under User CP > Edit Options (http://forum.keeperklan.com/profile.php?do=editoptions) > Forum Skin (near the bottom).

Bear in mind it was made for vB 3.6, and this is 3.8, so some stuff may not work properly.

Madkill
September 19th, 2009, 20:51
+1 Blutonium

Ps: This new skin needs to be edited to include the DKI icons etc.

MaxHayman
September 19th, 2009, 22:03
I like the old skin than that new one.

Blutonium
September 19th, 2009, 22:08
yeah ballwinkle, but i think its because
-there is no WFTO logo yet, but some other junk
-no DK icons yet
-Bugs (Like competitions link)
-too much red?

So guys, go and find cool vBulletin Themes/Skins and post the links here, and try to get ones for vBulletin 3.8

MaxHayman
September 19th, 2009, 22:16
Yea, i think it has too much red. I like they grey in the current one. Well people can just choose a diffrent skin if they don't like one :P

dotted
September 20th, 2009, 03:57
Yea, i think it has too much red. I like they grey in the current one. Well people can just choose a diffrent skin if they don't like one :P

Indeed, im pretty sure we will stick with the grey one as the default, but i've no problems installing additional themes. Choice ftw.

Gold Knight
October 1st, 2009, 01:34
Yes!! Finally a better theme than that old rubbish default one. The original Keeper Klan is much better anyway - it's the same style and design as every other forum I frequent. What was the point of this move anyway?

Evi
October 1st, 2009, 01:46
Well, since this is up anyways, here are some themes I found.

http://vbskins.com/forums/?styleid=208
http://vbskins.com/forums/index.php?styleid=170
http://vbskins.com/forums/index.php?styleid=117

Gold Knight
October 1st, 2009, 01:56
Well, since this is up anyways, here are some themes I found.

http://vbskins.com/forums/?styleid=208
http://vbskins.com/forums/index.php?styleid=170
http://vbskins.com/forums/index.php?styleid=117
Wow, they are so much better than the default theme to this forum. We should add all of them!

Duke Ragereaver
November 6th, 2009, 19:08
New suggestion: make a sub-forum for map releases in the DK1 section ''Mapmaking''.

dotted
November 6th, 2009, 19:28
New suggestion: make a sub-forum for map releases in the DK1 section ''Mapmaking''.
Done

Patrician
November 6th, 2009, 23:19
Wow, they are so much better than the default theme to this forum. We should add all of them!
I don't think the quality of those 3 linked skins is of a very high standard. The current theme is a lot clearer and looks better in my opinion. But we can fine tune this design or make a completely different new skin in time.

Duke Ragereaver
November 18th, 2009, 08:08
Is anyone else having problems with uploading avatars? Because I am!

dotted
November 18th, 2009, 11:52
Is anyone else having problems with uploading avatars? Because I am!

lies :p

Gold Knight
February 15th, 2010, 06:55
Having to have 20 posts to simply message someone is kinda lame. You're lucky this is my 20th post.

I can kinda see why this regulation could be helpful though. 20 is a bit much though. :|

dotted
February 15th, 2010, 09:46
Having to have 20 posts to simply message someone is kinda lame. You're lucky this is my 20th post.

I can kinda see why this regulation could be helpful though. 20 is a bit much though. :|

I'm lucky how exactly? The 20 post requirement isn't permanent.

Sire
March 4th, 2010, 02:26
Request: Change ''Silly'' to ''Forum Games''

Question: How good is the server (if I am using that correctly) we have for the forum? Lately it's been crashing and we've been having lag sessions. While this is currently tolerable, I would like to see it fixed.

I would suggest having a donation drive, but a few have raised concerns that others may think the funding may head to WFTO instead of a new server, thus shutting down the project.
Alas, I know little about webpages, hosting, servers, and the like. All I know is a few extremely basic HTML I'm learning in class currently...

dotted
March 4th, 2010, 13:32
Request: Change ''Silly'' to ''Forum Games''

Question: How good is the server (if I am using that correctly) we have for the forum? Lately it's been crashing and we've been having lag sessions. While this is currently tolerable, I would like to see it fixed.

I would suggest having a donation drive, but a few have raised concerns that others may think the funding may head to WFTO instead of a new server, thus shutting down the project.
Alas, I know little about webpages, hosting, servers, and the like. All I know is a few extremely basic HTML I'm learning in class currently...

Shouldn't be any lag anymore, the recent downtime was due to unscheduled maintenance at the host.

dotted
June 19th, 2010, 06:09
The purpose of the thread is now served by the projects tab: http://www.keeperklan.com/project.php?projectid=1