PDA

View Full Version : My friend can't seem to get past the first level without it crashing

kyle
April 27th, 2010, 19:46
My friend keeps telling me that he is unable tog et past the first level without it crashing when he presses ther spacebar to end the level. At first it was crashing on the second level but then he patched to 0.36 and now it's the first.

Attached is log file.

mefistotelis
April 27th, 2010, 21:00
Post me a log from this version:

keeperfx_ccp_0_37_experimental.zip (http://keeper.lubie.org/tools/keeperfx_ccp_0_37_experimental.zip)

(it will probably be quite slow, and the LOG will be much larger)

WJ04
April 27th, 2010, 21:33
Its pretty annoying,

Have you had this before?

kyle
April 27th, 2010, 21:34
Here it is.

Purewolfie
April 27th, 2010, 22:47
I get that on pretty much EVERY level, best thing to do is to save before you finish it, if it crashes then reload and and finish the level again.. works for me.

You can save after you finish a level to, and reload if you have to, however you lose your score on the high scores screen.

Metal Gear Rex
April 27th, 2010, 22:49
I've never had this problem, I've never played the campaign in a quite a while... Does the same problem happen on DD?

kyle
April 27th, 2010, 22:58
He has saved right before it, it crashes EVERY time. As far as he knows it's the original compaign.

mefistotelis
April 28th, 2010, 04:46
Here it is.

No, no, no..

He must run the EXE I uploaded. It's keeperfx_dbg.exe and not keeperfx.exe ;).

kyle
April 28th, 2010, 16:12
Ok i'll get him to do it when he gets on.

DragonsLover
May 11th, 2010, 23:53
One of the members on DK.net has a similar problem. When he uses "Transfer creature" box and clicks on the creature in the list, the game crashes. If he ends a level by pressing Spacebar, the game may crash as well.

mefistotelis
May 12th, 2010, 16:55
Well, tell him to try the version I uploaded before. I need a log file from it.

adamski
June 27th, 2010, 15:03
Hello, Very impressed by your remake, nice to see there is still interest in this classic game.

I have a similar problem, everytime the game switches from the gameplay to the menu it crashes to the desktop, this happens when i complete a level or if i just use the exit command from the esc menu.
However if i use the debug program you provided this doesn't happen,

Attached is a log file created during 5 mins of gameplay that would have crashed if i was playing the game with the normal program.

The bug is annoying but not game breaking as the work around is very simple.

Sten
June 29th, 2010, 14:43
got the same problem, i just still got the courage to keep restarting it because it only crashes after a minute or 5 ;p
so keep saving it, as soon as im passed level 12 i hope it stops (: