PDA

View Full Version : HTML code help

Zander353
April 28th, 2010, 01:18
Hey guys i was wondering if you could help me out :/ i have to make a website for a computer class i have and i'm not to savy with HTML code xD. Anyway i was wonder how you could have a place backgound with checkered black and white sides that don't move as you scroll down the screen :/ i know i cant explain this very well but look at the diagram below lol

xxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxx

x= picture that stays behind "o" picture and doesnt move" o= has all the info and scrolls down as you scroll down.

well srry if i didnt make much since but ask any question and ill try to answer them to the best of my petty knowledge O_o

Thx for the help ahead of time

Sire
April 28th, 2010, 01:46
So what you are looking for is a non-tiled background that is universal no matter how much you have scrolled down?

I don't know how to do that, but I know how to upload normal tiled backgrounds that repeat itself. However, you probably know that already...

dotted
April 28th, 2010, 07:51
Easy using CSS:

body {
background-image:url("my/background.png");
position:fixed;
}

This doesnt work in IE6

Zander353
May 1st, 2010, 17:13
I'm doing a really poor job of explaining this :/ im looking for 2 pictures on the side that stay the same no matter if you scroll down or up, and im not great with HTML code but i kinda understand how it works ill try what dotted said and thx for the replies :)

and if u look back up to the x and o picture above the "o's" are just supposed to be aplain colored background, jope tht helps clear it up :/

DragonsLover
May 1st, 2010, 18:32
If you want your background picture to be fixed, try this in your CSS file:

body
{
background-image: url("path to image");
background-attachment: fixed;
}

dragonfist
October 21st, 2010, 04:04
There is an HTML tag for it also:

<BODY BACKGROUND="../graphics/...gif" BGPROPERTIES=FIXED>

dotted
October 21st, 2010, 05:23
There is an HTML tag for it also:

<BODY BACKGROUND="../graphics/...gif" BGPROPERTIES=FIXED>

Eww eww eww, never use that. Calling that HTML is like calling Osama Bin Laden er human, while technically true, few would wanna call him that.

Nevermind me, that IS NOT actually HTML. And you must use stylesheets for this kind of thing anyways.

dragonfist
October 22nd, 2010, 03:10
Eww eww eww, never use that. Calling that HTML is like calling Osama Bin Laden er human, while technically true, few would wanna call him that.Well, I call him human. Not only that, because he has a beard, he is a lot more human than Tony Blair, George Bush and Barry Davis. What's wrong with you? Are you so stupid, that you believe Newspapers? Well, I can maybe understand that you are a fanatic in believing papal propaganda, Denmark, because you do not know the truth.

Here a picture of how Osama Bin laden was educated by the USA:
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2009/09/11/1252700680-090.gif
Be careful in discussing politics with me, you will make a fool of yourself.
Osama Bin Laden is dead, according to my latest information. I heared he was killed in 2002.

And BGPROPERTIES=FIXED is a HTML tag, becasuse it can be implemented in the BODY tag. But it only works in Explorer, I should have said that. And I agree in using css, I use it also. I am not sure in what browsers BGPROPERTIES=FIXED, a HTML tag, can become visible in 2010, because I used that tag in the previous century. It didn't work in Netscape back than.

Metal Gear Rex
October 22nd, 2010, 04:52

o rly?

Sorry. It felt neccessary.

dotted
October 22nd, 2010, 13:00
Well, I call him human. Not only that, because he has a beard, he is a lot more human than Tony Blair, George Bush and Barry Davis. What's wrong with you? Are you so stupid, that you believe Newspapers? Well, I can maybe understand that you are a fanatic in believing papal propaganda, Denmark, because you do not know the truth.

Here a picture of how Osama Bin laden was educated by the USA:
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2009/09/11/1252700680-090.gif
Osama Bin Laden is dead, according to my latest information. I heared he was killed in 2002.

And BGPROPERTIES=FIXED is a HTML tag, becasuse it can be implemented in the BODY tag. But it only works in Explorer, I should have said that. And I agree in using css, I use it also. I am not sure in what browsers BGPROPERTIES=FIXED, a HTML tag, can become visible in 2010, because I used that tag in the previous century. It didn't work in Netscape back than.

Yeah 9/11 was an inside job bla bla bla. Don't care. And im perfectly aware the US used Osama and the likes to fight the soviets back in the day. But it seems you have absolutely no clue about Denmark so i suggest you stop before making a fool of yourself.

Anyways BGPROPERTIES=FIXED is not an HTML attribute, it's a Microsoft proprietary extension of HTML. My main point is though you never ever use HTML (or, as here, non-HTML HTML) for the design and layout of your page. You will always use CSS for this, like so:

body {background: url('bla.png') fixed;}