PDA

View Full Version : 1080p Wallpaper of the Horned Reaper

Blutonium
April 29th, 2010, 12:43
Hey I made a quick wallpaper of the Horned Reaper for those of you who are interested.. :)

1920x1080 resolution.

here is the link:
http://www.filedropper.com/reaperwallpaperjpg

MaxHayman
April 29th, 2010, 14:06
Nice, I might get one put on canvas for my wall

Monsterbaby
April 30th, 2010, 13:24
Very nice one :P I just photoshopped it a little, and removed his pupils xD I think in that way it looks cooler.

A New Room
April 30th, 2010, 13:41
Yeah he does look quite cross eyed, :P

If I had one suggestion it would to not have any pupils. He looks way more awesome and phycotic if you can't tell where is is looking.

With one of these looks more angry to you?

QwentyJ
April 30th, 2010, 17:49
I think he needs pupils, tbh. DK is not uber dark, it's camp, slightly evil, dark.

kyle
April 30th, 2010, 17:56
Dungeon keeper II maybe, but not DKI, DKI was very dark.

QwentyJ
April 30th, 2010, 18:41
Dungeon keeper II maybe, but not DKI, DKI was very dark.

In the grand schemes of evil, DK 1 was slightly camp, not as camp as DKII, granted.

I think we should find the right level between the 2. All I know is that creatures should have pupils! :p

A New Room
April 30th, 2010, 19:05
There are many things I would describe DK as, a camp is not one of them... I mean yeah you make a home in a dungeon, but what the hell does this have to do with eyes? :confused:

QwentyJ
April 30th, 2010, 19:10
There are many things I would describe DK as, a camp is not one of them... I mean yeah you make a home in a dungeon, but what the hell does this have to do with eyes? :confused:

Ok, well the humour of the second was ever so slighty carttony/kitsch. Maybe camp is not the right word - but thw whips and Disco Inferno - very camp!

Anyways, the eye thing is not related per se, but I think Horny looks better more humanoid and with that I include the pupils.

A New Room
April 30th, 2010, 19:57
It is probably something to do with how evil has always becomes cast as a thing that is less relatable. You want a character to be relatable you make it has human as possible, since humanity is something everyone knows. To make something unrelatable you take it far from the what people know.

It seems to me that evil characters have usually been put into the category of the latter, since a lot of creative types throughout western history wanted a villain you don't feel sorry for. But since not-human is a pretty large category that can pretty easily be tapped, it can also be interesting.

I think that is what was basically trying to be achieved in the general design of DK2, making the evil characters more relatable by giving them more human features. Also making the humorous rather than terrifying.

But I think bluto should just do what he believes is best. I'd imagine animating the face of is a character is bit difficult when you can't really tell where they are looking :P