PDA

View Full Version : Workshop Fix Possibility

Metal Gear Rex
May 2nd, 2010, 23:28
A script fix for the Workshop. As you know, computers can build very large Workshops, like in Level 20, and that hogs up alot of "Things", which Creatures count against too... I think. And in level 20, that's a huge problem. For sure, however, spells and melee count as Things when fired.

Anyways, add something similar to this to the script of the level.

IF(PLAYER1,WORKSHOP>=72)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER1,WORKSHOP,0,0)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER1,WORKSHOP<72)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER1,WORKSHOP,1,1)
ENDIF

After looking at one of FX's files, I see that computers should build a 6x6 square Workshop, or 36 tiles. The only time when this is not true is when the computer is set to build 3x3 rooms or 4x4 rooms, or 9/16 tiled rooms respectfully. Yes those files should be unmodified from the original game, they're just there if you want to change the computer data.

Setting it to 72 allows the computer to build 2 Workshops if they build 6x6, 4 Workshops and 1 incomplete Workshop if they build 4x4, and 8 Workshops if they build 3x3.

I recommend setting it for the Player too, as the Player can also build large Workshops, even using it to gain money.

So you should get something like this:

IF(PLAYER0,WORKSHOP>=72)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,WORKSHOP,0,0)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,WORKSHOP<72)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,WORKSHOP,1,1)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER1,WORKSHOP>=72)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER1,WORKSHOP,0,0)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER1,WORKSHOP<72)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER1,WORKSHOP,1,1)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER2,WORKSHOP>=72)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER2,WORKSHOP,0,0)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER2,WORKSHOP<72)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER2,WORKSHOP,1,1)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER3,WORKSHOP>=72)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER3,WORKSHOP,0,0)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER3,WORKSHOP<72)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER3,WORKSHOP,1,1)
ENDIF

That is, of course with 4 Keepers.

The first IF statement for each keeper tells you cannot have more than 72 tiles, the second allows you to build more if you sell some tiles.

When making these on your own, instead of copying and pasting them, make sure you check to see if each player is right, or you may end up with Player 0's (Red) limit controlled by purhaps Player 1's (Blue) limit.

I am aware of one little bug on the Player's end, you can keep building beyond the Workshop limit if you do not de-select the Workshop tile.

I trust the Player will not abuse this litttle exploit, and if he/she does it is their own fault since this is supposed to avoid the Things limit.

I have tested this myself a while back for this to work, I know it does.

natchoguy
May 2nd, 2010, 23:40
yeah, the AI does have a tendency to make gigantic workshops instead of making everything "tidy"

Metal Gear Rex
May 3rd, 2010, 00:38
yeah, the AI does have a tendency to make gigantic workshops instead of making everything "tidy"

Once when I invaded the Blue Keeper of Skybird Trill, I saw at least 20 Workshops... no joke.

This is a good fix for several things, and luckily you're flexable with it. I should add this to the end of Level 20 so it will fix Player 2.

I also noticed he opened up himself to the water. I felt it was cheating a bit, since he became easier and I didn't have to pass through heavily guarded areas.

Of course being easier, it wasn't as much of a challange for the final level. It does help with some of the buggy things in that level which, being an exploit, made them easier.

natchoguy
May 3rd, 2010, 01:01
I had it like this: two workshops, one is 4x5 while the other was 3x20

dragonfist
October 22nd, 2010, 06:36
Thanks for this useful script.
Often levels go tilt, when there is to many workshops.
The reason AI builds so many workshops, is because they fill up, than become to small. And very fast once the Bile Demos are at level 10.

I must say, I tend to build at least 3, but in most level more than 5, 6*6 workshops, just as the AI does. I use it for money, in order to pay for a large army of Vampires. AI does not need that, because it sells all traps and doors as soon as they are made, once it's money is empty. I thinks selling goes quicker, when I can sell 5 magic doors or boulders at once, instead of switching to all traps every few minutes.

I once tried to make a script like that for spells, in order to make them blink.:rolleyes:
But didn't succeed.