PDA

View Full Version : Horned Reaper Usage

Sire
May 3rd, 2010, 22:20
A poll to decide how to use Horned Reapers. The poll closes in 2 weeks.

NOTICE: All results are not final, but are used to see about public opinion. Just because the polls reflect a side does not mean the developers will use it. In the end, the developers have the final say.

1: DK I Horned Reapers

Using DK I's version, Horned Reapers will be a powerful fighting unit that is obtainable only via certain temple sacrifice. Multiple units can be in your army at one time.

2: DK II Horny

Using DK II's version, Horny will be an invincible, unstoppable powerhouse that constantly drains whatever you use for spellcasting. There is only one Horny (Horned Reaper)

3: DK I and DK II

Combining them allows Horny to still be in the game, whether as an NPC, unstoppable unit, or an elite is still unknown. Normal Horned Reapers will also be available for play.

4: Scrap Horny and Horned Reapers

As the option says, get rid of Horned Reapers and Horny for good. If you choose this option, :horny: will get you.

Mothrayas
May 3rd, 2010, 22:21
Wasn't there a thread about this already?

Sire
May 3rd, 2010, 22:24
Just doing my job. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to have another poll.

MeinCookie
May 4th, 2010, 00:58
Yay... swaying vote :D

natchoguy
May 4th, 2010, 02:15
we need to have both but slightly modified

Metal Gear Rex
May 4th, 2010, 23:08
Horned Reapers (Creatures) are widely enjoyed. But I think they were too useful and not enough drawback. It was too easy to please them.

Maybe some draw back is making them more expensive. This could be by being an incredibly slow trainer, and a slow healer. The latter would be because they get annoyed when sleeping. This would make the Player need to drop chickens on him, time costly, or use the Heal Spell (In case there aren't enough chickens, this being more costly)

If he doesn't have enough health, he'll go to sleep instead of going to the Temple or any other task besides fighting. This won't make him so easily happy. Although we definately need to remove the "Drop gold=happy", at least on Horned Reapers.

________

I don't like having Horny (DK2 Summon) due to it being powerful and possible exploit. The Spell Alone I'd rarely use due to its costs, in fact I haven't used it in a long time. But there are some cheap tricks that just equal win.

For example, if I used the Temple to generate mana, I can easily make Horny come and infinitely bash. Infinite, I say? Yes, some creatures generate alot of mana, some hardly leave, but I could have an army of prayers and let Horny do his buisness.

What's even cheaper is using Armagedon. That way, Horny doesn't have to waste time walking.

Yeah, you might say those things may not be included in WftO. Well the Player will find ways. And we shouldn't neccessary take out all those things as some of them are really great.

I say no to Horny the Summon simply because in his current state, he's too powerful. What needs to be done is to define how Horny will be in WftO, since he definately needs some changes. Unless of course you want to include high possible exploits.

I will say that DK2 did have some good things going for it. They fixed some DK1 problems, but they made some things even worse and possibly ruined some good things. The good news is that we know how it plays through with both games, we know what's good and what needs changing. However, changing Horny from a Creature to a Summon may not have been the best idea.

The main point of that statement is that both of those games are flawed. Now DK2 tried to fix some flaws and had some flaws as well.

Are we going to keep things in their flawed state?

We need to think of some ideas to fix some of these flaws before deciding if we want to include the creature/summon. Otherwise this poll is just about meaningless because people may not be voting for what they think they are.

Blutonium
May 5th, 2010, 10:50
oops - I voted wrong :D

Updated Horned Reaper from DK2 design & graphics, but same gameplay as DK1 - multi reapers.

:p

opjohnaexe
May 5th, 2010, 22:37
how about the idea that horned reapers get more expensive (percentage increase) for each payday? :D would make them useless in the end which would mean you wouldn't get them in the beginning but rather later-on, and preferably if you had a stable income source? :p

also i think the idea of both being there is quite a good idea, though the DKII version (unstoppable horny) should have some serious cost preferably one which grows exponentially so that it's not possible to keep him out for long times, also he should perhaps be a spell rather than a creature, perhaps with a cooldown? maybe it could even be that this cooldown could be reduced through sacrifices in the temple? so far only suggestions ^.^ but do use whatever input i place which is usefull ^.^

Duke Ragereaver
May 5th, 2010, 23:07
I'm personally a fan of both types Horned Reapers, but for the sake of the storyline left from DK2 I would like to see Horny to make a return as a Horned Reaper on steroids (only sightly stronger though for balance reasons) purely ment for campaign purposes, similair to the Avatar in DK1 and the King along with the Stone Knights in DK2. :horny:

@opjohnaexe

There are some of inconsisties in your post. Getting Horned Reapers early on is generally not a good idea (it's quite a feat to do that actually). Mainly because they are expensive and just get mad about anything.

@Bluto

I can fix the vote if you like.

Metal Gear Rex
May 5th, 2010, 23:26
I'm personally a fan of both types Horned Reapers, but for the sake of the storyline left from DK2 I would like to see Horny to make a return as a Horned Reaper on steroids (only sightly stronger though for balance reasons) purely ment for campaign purposes, similair to the Avatar in DK1 and the King along with the Stone Knights in DK2. :horny:

@opjohnaexe

There are some of inconsisties in your post. Getting Horned Reapers early on is generally not a good idea (it's quite a feat to do that actually). Mainly because they are expensive and just get mad about anything.

@Bluto

I'm really curious how it looks with the menus and buttons and stuff for changing the votes...

Well Horny I guess would be stronger, but slower. This would be a suggnificent drawback, perhaps he could have a really high health to make it possible to "defeat" him only to ensure he's not totally impossible. (Annoying if one keeper invests his time and mana on traps and doors to defend, the other uses his time and mana to get a Temple to generate more mana and summon Horny which will destroy all the traps and doors with ease, since he's unstoppable)

Hmm... since you're right about DK2 Horny being there for WftO. Unless we find some story plot reason that kills him, he should appear.

Maybe you could change my vote to two Hornies too. :D

(I used every form of "to" in one sentance. I am that awesome :P)

dotted
May 6th, 2010, 00:07
Yeah that didnt come out right did it :P?

MeinCookie
May 6th, 2010, 06:50
how about the idea that horned reapers get more expensive (percentage increase) for each payday? :D would make them useless in the end which would mean you wouldn't get them in the beginning but rather later-on, and preferably if you had a stable income source? :p

Perhaps, if DK 2 horny made his appearance, you could have something like that. After you cast the spell, the spell cost peaks, before gradually dropping to its previous level.

Duke Ragereaver
May 6th, 2010, 09:12

What? :confused:

Metal Gear Rex
May 6th, 2010, 10:43
Maybe you could change my vote to two Hornies too. :D

I think he thought I was teasing you about your ability to change the votes? I wasn't but it would be a good thing to tease you on :P

Or maybe it was the way it sounded on how you could change the votes, to "fix" them for your cause. :P

Monsterbaby
May 6th, 2010, 10:55
I vote for Horny x1, you can have 1 horny in your army, and that is it. No go on multiple Horny reapers. Only one!

MeinCookie
May 6th, 2010, 11:11
So one creature-styled horny?

dotted
May 6th, 2010, 14:34

What if i say:
"The game was fixed"
"The poll was fixed"
The vote was fixed"

Get it now :P?

Necror
May 7th, 2010, 16:16
If you choose this option, :horny: will get you.

who?
Horny or a horned reaper

Duke Ragereaver
May 7th, 2010, 16:19
What if i say:
"The game was fixed"
"The poll was fixed"
The vote was fixed"

Get it now :P?

Lmao. :D

ragegun
October 4th, 2010, 04:21
who?
Horny or a horned reaper
horny and the horned reapers will take turns performing acts of unspeakable evil on you then leave whats left of you over at a hatchery to feed the chickens

Evil Lord Proteus
October 7th, 2010, 00:36
Why not both? Horny can be a very powerful Horned Reaper who has claimed his own realm in the demon world. Horned Reapers can be like his elite soldiers which he grants to you if you please him with sacrifices, etc...

Blutonium
October 8th, 2010, 15:50
Keeper Klan has spoken - 65% want 1 reaper in the game, 34% want both.

as 50% want the DK1 reaper over the DK2 Reaper, I will be modifying horny to look psyco, like he did in DK1.

HornedKeeper
October 24th, 2010, 23:15
I like the idea of having one protagonist horned reaper (horny), like the one in DK2 - Big muscle build, scythe, Armour etc ...
But how about making both ?

You could have one incredible Horny, as well as other weaker ( probably not even armored, or have no scythe, or smaller scythe or whatever ).
This way, one could obtain like say, 3 horned reapers, which would be controlled like regular creatures,
while also being able to summon the all-time powerful Horny. :D

It's a win-win.
Whats not to like ?

Metal Gear Rex
October 24th, 2010, 23:17

as 50% want the DK1 reaper over the DK2 Reaper, I will be modifying horny to look psyco, like he did in DK1.

Monsterbaby
November 1st, 2010, 11:02

Omg I'm happy!