PDA

View Full Version : TRUE Research Poll

Sire
May 3rd, 2010, 22:40
How should Research be done? Poll closes in 2 weeks.

NOTICE: All results are not final, but are used to see about public opinion. Just because the polls reflect a side does not mean the developers will use it. In the end, the developers have the final say.

DK I (Rooms and Spells):

Rooms and Spells must be researched. Spells themselves shall be more powerful the longer it takes to cast.

DK II (Upgradeable Spells):

Spells must be researched, and can receive upgrades.

DK I and II (Rooms and Upgradeable Spells):

Rooms with upgradeable spells can be researched.

Hapuga
May 3rd, 2010, 22:48
voted for 3d option.

natchoguy
May 4th, 2010, 02:21
loved how you have a "tech tree" in DK1 and liked upgradeable spells from DK2

Agzarah
May 6th, 2010, 09:08
im slightly confused

Does Number 2 imply that you start of with all rooms already available?

Metal Gear Rex
May 6th, 2010, 10:41
im slightly confused

Does Number 2 imply that you start of with all rooms already available?

It is just like DK2, in other words yes you do.

Agzarah
May 6th, 2010, 12:29
for some reason i thought you had to research them in dk2 - been a while since i played that one my bad

well thanks for clearing it up :)

Duke Ragereaver
May 6th, 2010, 12:35
for some reason i thought you had to research them in dk2 - been a while since i played that one my bad

well thanks for clearing it up :)

Except for the very beginning part of the campaign you almost never had to research stuff at each time when starting a level. In Dk2 skirmish all rooms are researched by default but spells are not. ;)

Agzarah
May 6th, 2010, 15:38
yeah i remember the early levels giving you a new room every time!

maybe my memories have joined levels together as researching lol...
completing one did take about the same length of time as research lol

Blue Eagle
May 8th, 2010, 00:02
I'm thinking of a 'Research rooms?' option on a menu somewhere before starting a skirmish or when agreeing on a multiplayer setup to decide whether you start with all the rooms or need to research them, in the campaign the player should need to research rooms and in all cases only specified rooms are available.
Spells should need to be researched then power increases by holding the button they are cast as DK1, balanced by the cost of casting stronger spells.

Metal Gear Rex
May 8th, 2010, 00:23
I'm thinking of a 'Research rooms?' option on a menu somewhere before starting a skirmish or when agreeing on a multiplayer setup to decide whether you start with all the rooms or need to research them, in the campaign the player should need to research rooms and in all cases only specified rooms are available.
Spells should need to be researched then power increases by holding the button they are cast as DK1, balanced by the cost of casting stronger spells.

Yeah you should have to research everything in Campaign, but it is a question of do you have to research it again when you enter a new level.

In Skirmish I can see something like this:

Rooms
Lair.......................Data Input
Hatchery................Data Input
Treasury................Data Input

The "Data Input" would change with every click. It varies from "Available", "Unavailable", and "Researchable"

Spells
Create Imp..............Data Input
Lightning.................Data Input
Possession..............Data Input

Data Input would also change, but this time it varies from "Available", "Unavailable", "Researchable", and "Upgraded". The last option would be the same as Available, but you begin with the upgraded version.

Similar to DK2, but with Researchable Rooms, and Upgraded Spells.

Those might not be the used names, but you get the idea of the different features.