Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Faircoast Cavern

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Faircoast Cavern

AZAZISAZ
    BADWARD

In the library of Keeper Animus, a warlock resided. His name? Azazisaz Badward. His preoccupation? Studying the Heal spell. He regarded his book with discerning eagle-like eyes hidden behind bubble-like heavily-tinted goggles.

'How close is the Heal spell to being completed, Keeper?'

Azaz continued reading...

SUMMARY IN BRIEF__________
    Gold: 0
    Health: 100%
    Level: 1 (48/200)
    Keeper Approval: 20 (Neutral)
    Mood: Intent.
    Quick Summary: Azaz is in the the Library researching Heal and inquired how long til the Heal spell was researched?.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

.................................................. ................
    The Shadow of the Night, Niea

Zukia
    The Enigmatic Assassin

(Encounter Theme)

Zukia remained quiet as she and Niea worked on the Alarm Trap. Niea enjoyed the peace as it allowed her to focus better on the task at hand. Somehow, her talking was more distracting than the general loudness of the Workshop. It wasn't until they were just completing the Alarm Trap that Zukia began to speak, "What's the point of an Alarm Trap anyways?"

That's a stupid question.

Zukia continued as she put the final touches to the Alarm Trap, "Any half decent Rogue knows how to disable an Alarm Trap, and most Rogues know how to turn Invisible, like me, to stay out of the Alarm Trap's line of sight. I'm sure this Keeper Elyon has plenty of Rogues like that."

Niea paused. She had a point, if Elyon was clever enough, he could send a few Rogues to scout ahead and disable any Traps ahead of them. What could they do about that? Niea pondered about it for a moment until she noticed Zukia smiling at her puzzled look. "A Fear Trap, on the other hand..." Zukia continued, her smile becoming wider, "...is a Rogue's worst enemy."

Zukia began gathering necessary materials to make a Fear Trap, and Niea decided to follow. Once they gathered everything they needed, they began getting to work before Zukia resumed talking, "Out of all the Rogues that have ever existed and served a Dungeon Keeper, at least half of them, if not most of them, live for their own survival rather than their master's. That makes them especially vulnerable to a Fear Trap. And out of the few who live to serve, even fewer are brave enough to withstand a Fear Trap's magic as it is. I myself have never seen or met a Rogue who could successfully disarm a Fear Trap... except for myself of course."

Niea stopped then looked up towards Zukia with suspicious eyes.

Which kind of Rogue are you?

Zukia noticed Niea's pause, then looked up. Their eyes met, and she seemed to understood what Niea meant to ask. "Why, I live to serve, of course. I would not have come back to my master otherwise. I go where I'm needed," Zukia answered calmly. She suddenly brought her hand up to Niea's cheek, caressing her softly, surprising the Dark Elf. Zukia spoke again, her tone becoming more gentle and loving, "It's always nice to have friends who need you." Zukia took her hand away, then resumed her work on the Fear Trap. Niea watched for a moment, before continuing as well.

Niea felt very confused and... awkward. Before, she was often considered cold for not speaking to anyone or responding to them when spoken to, and left her alone. That's what she wanted. She had never sought attention for being incapable of communicating to another. She had not met someone like Zukia, who persistently tried to befriend her so. It felt... awkward.

Niea
    Health: 99%
    Level: 4
    Experience: 8/45
    Gold in Hand: 0
    Gold in Lair: 700
    Current Equipment: Leather Gloves, Reflex Bow, Crossbow, Quiver
    Efficiency: 100%

Zukia
    Level: 1
    Experience: 6/15
    Gold in Lair: 0
    Current Weapons/Items Carried: Dagger, 7 Throwing Knives, Ridiculous Rogue Helmet

Summery: Niea and Zukia finished the Alarm Trap and began working on a Fear Trap. Awkward character development.

Trap Status:
    Alarm Trap: Complete
    Fear Trap: 5.276/32

OOC: (Apparently, I made a miscalculation on the previous post with the Manufacture Rate and ended up with 1.9255, when I should have ended up with 2.9255. Therefore, they would have finished a post ago and thus would have worked on the Fear Trap for two posts, resulting in a 5.276 instead of a 2.638 for its progress. I would have posted before MeinCookie had I realized the Alarm Trap was done, as that's what I was waiting for to get started on the Fear Trap)
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; November 9th, 2012 at 14:13.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Just another day in a Dungeon Keeper's administration...

'Keeper, where is everyone?'

"You will see the others soon enough. I sent them out to battle some powerful threats of Keeper Elyon's on the outskirts of my territory. I left you out of the fight because you are relatively inexperienced in combat and I didn't want to risk you anything. The battle is over now, and you should see the fighting force soon return back to dungeon work."

"Now then..."

A ROGUE HAS ENTERED YOUR DUNGEON.

"How...convenient. Let's see what this one will be like."

The rogue, a female, spoke.

"Greetings, Animus. I am Scourge - Death calls and I come. I offer you my services as a rogue, as a swordsman, as a researcher and as a practitioner of necromancy."

"Welcome to my dungeon...Scourge. I always have use for an additional researcher in my ranks...come help out in the Library if you so please. Besides that, I can recommend you to prep up for future combat situations. The local opponents in this territory tend to be strong and fierce."

A WARLOCK HAS ENTERED YOUR DUNGEON.

"Yet another creature? It sure is going fast lately..."

Animus noticed the creature looking behind himself, the Warlock figuring out what drove him to his territory.

<<It seems that Scavenger Room is doing its job quite well...I knew I'd get something out of the investment.>>

"My lord, Animus. I am a Warlock by the name of Giller, one who studies magic of all kinds. I am not much of a performer of these arts, but what I can do instead is conjure many potions of magic for your creatures to use as you see fit. I am skilled in my work. I appear young to your eyes, but in truth I am 96 years of age. It is all thanks to my drinks."

"I'm certain this sounds quite far fetched. I can assure you that it is, but it is the truth of my ability. I would like to demonstrate my talents before you. I keep two potions for just that purpose. They can mimic the effects of the Speed spell for anyone who gets a full dose. Allow me someone to test on, and you will not be displeased by the results. Send forth someone you value little, if you are afraid I am backed only by words."

"Not Imps! Creatures of pure magical making, like Imps, are affected differently by my potions."

It was a strange offer. Animus knew to be wary of anyone, particularly if an individual looks like a shady potion salesman, speaks like a shady potion salesman, and offered a potion for a test object... like a shady potion salesman. Nevertheless, the Warlock, Giller, put up a convincing act, and there's always a chance of there being some truth in these kinds of deals. Not a high chance, but a chance nevertheless.

Animus quickly overviewed his creatures, putting together a quick analysis of whom he'd consider most expendable.

"Uh, ...Giller..., let me get back to you in a moment."

<<Someone expendable...someone expendable...>>

A FIREFLY HAS ENTERED YOUR DUNGEON.

"Speaking of... yet another creature?"

"Hello Keeper Animus, I am Wernslow. I am a good explorer and I will serve you to the best of my ability, but I must admit, I am no good at researching. I also have learned some interesting recon skills before I came here, so you can depend on me if you want somewhere to be explored."

"Uh...Hello Wernslow. Welcome to my Dungeon. If you don't mind, I'd rather have you wait and train before going out to explore. There are some quite dangerous forces out there, and I'd rather have my explorers...last a good while."

Animus turned back to Giller, who was still waiting for his subject.

"Eh, Giller... Well, here, I got myself a test subject for you."

Animus proceeded to pick up Valkoth, the Tunneller, and dropped him in front of Giller.

<<Doing it to the new fly would have been too rude... and I hope this could...increase use of the dwarf.>>

"Giller, feel free to do your experiments on this guy here. Keep him in one piece though." <<Or else you'd regret it.>>

As Animus almost managed to take the time to lean backwards in his imaginary dungeon throne with his imaginary body, which was the best a physically mostly detached spirit, lacking a physical body, being could do to resemble an evil overlord on his throne, he was called again. It was, again, Azazisaz the Warlock.

'How close is the Heal spell to being completed, Keeper?'

"Azazisaz...let me check upon that one."

Animus looked upon his research tabs. Heal was about one thirds on the way through at that exact point in time.

"It's about one thirds on the way through... Thirty-four percent, to be exact. It's not progressing at a rapid pace, but it should speed up when the rest of my researching staff returns from combat, as I said earlier."

Animus then took his time to watch over his Imps, ensuring that he would not again be caught in a surprise act by Elyon again to disturb his mining force again. Now would not be a good time for him to afford getting caught off guard again, nor to have his mining interrupted again. His gold rates, though growing, were still shallow enough as is.

Meanwhile, outside the dungeon...

Ouroboros and Ragnarok had looked upon the maiden, whose defeat they had assisted towards, being carried away by an Imp. They heard the Keeper giving them their orders to scout again.

"Keeper wants us to go scout."

"I heard that, numb nuts."

"Well...I think it's time for us to move out. Best not to leave the Keeper waiting."

The Hellhound opted to move out westwards, along the lava river. The river continued on, and looked like its end wasn't going to be seen in quite a while. However, what they did see was gold lining the river edges on both sides. New gold sources were exactly what Animus was looking for.

The next interesting thing they saw was the river branching into two, both ways at a roughly ninety-degree angle. The gold took its way around the corner, but for gold amounts, Elyon's side seems to have taken the long stick. Opposite of that, they saw a minor dungeon presence which took its way to the lava.

"Uh, I think we'd better stay away from...that. There could be anything out for us in there."

"Bah, you're letting yourself be scared off again? I--

"What, you didn't learn from last time? We nearly died, you bastard. And it barely happened a moment ago, do you even remember?"

"Ahh, shut up. Let's just go the other way if you like it that much."

The Hellhound turned right. They continued on moving. The stretch of river was of a significant length, but amounted to absolutely nothing but rocks in the walls and ceilings and molten rocks down below. They eventually met a dead end, stopping them in their tracks.

"Well, are you happy now? There's absolutely nothing here. That excite you that much? Rocks, lava, and more lava?"

"Shut up. Still would've been a better idea than getting ourselves nearly killed again. That seemed like a better idea to you?"

Ragnarok refulsed to respond, instead just quietly shaking his head.

"Let's...eh...go back to base. I think we've seen enough for now. And we should go train, I know you like biting stuff that much so let's go with that."

Ragnarok didn't respond again, but complied to Ouroboros' idea, and the Hellhound walked back to the dungeon. When they reached the dungeon, they walked over to the training room and started training.

Meanwhile, on the way to the inside of the dungeon...

Skios, Krua and Serena left the battle scene. Skios opted to return to the lair, in order to get rested after the fierce battle he went through.

Serena opted to make contact with Krua. She didn't have a specific reason to select her; she just felt need to make contacts with other creatures, and Krua happened to be nearby and seemed to be available. Serena telepathically called to her.

<<Hi there!>>

Krua didn't seem to respond in the slightest. Serena was surprised, as it's unusual for other creatures to not react at all. Even if the other party would decide to ignore her telepathic messages, they'd typically give the slightest nudge one direction or another to indicate their passive annoyance with the telepathy. But this time around, there was no reaction at all. It appeared like she didn't even receive the message, even though that shouldn't be happening. Krua remained motionless, until she decided to follow Skios on his way to the dungeon. Serena followed them.

<<Are you there? It seems like you're not hearing me?>>

There still was no reaction, until several seconds later, Serena suddenly felt a response.

<<Hey, who's there?>>

It sounded like a childish girl voice. It was actually very different from the cold exterior voice Krua usually spoke in, if she did ever speak.

<<Oh, you hear me? Ah. I'm Serena, the salamander walking alongside you. What's your name?>>

Several seconds passed again.

<<My name is Krua. How's it possible that you're communicating to me like this?>>

Serena wondered what the cause was for the telepathic delay. It seemed that it took a significant amount of time for her telepathy to enter Krua's mind. The cause for this phenomenom appeared to be a massive mental block in Krua's mind. It was the buildup of all emotional shock built up since her nest's first encounter with the overworld heroes changed her and Skios' lives forever. The mental block was also the cause for Krua's distant behavior - creating a wide gap between the inside of her spirit and the outside.

<<Say, is there anything wrong? You sound...distant. Anything happened?>>

There was another wait of several seconds. By this point, the three creatures had entered their lairs. Skios quickly fell asleep in his lair.

<<Huh? I don't know... I don't understand why that would be. You have any idea?>>

<<I can't tell...seek inside yourself.>>

<<Seek inside myself.....>>

As Krua, on the inside, tried to figure out what she meant, she soon dozed off and fell asleep. Some time later, Serena also quietly fell asleep in the lair.

Summary

Keeper Animus: Addressed all creatures who entered the dungeon as well as Azazisaz's questions. Dropped down Valkoth for Giller to experiment upon. Watched as some stuff happened.

Ouroboros & Ragnarok: Went out on a mostly uneventful exploring trip. Revealed the existence of...more lava. And an outpost. Then returned to train.

Skios, Krua & Serena: Went to the lair to rest. Serena had a telepathic conversation with the inner part of Krua's mind.

Ouroboros & Ragnarok, the bipolar Hellhound
    Mood: meh / slightly less meh
    Level: 2

Skios the Brutal Arachnid Warrior
    Health: 71+%
    Mood: sleeping
    Level: 6

Krua the Icy Arachnid Witch
    Mood: ?
    Level: 6

Serena, the Psychic Salamander
    Mood: neutral

Research progress:
    Heal: 36%
    Torture Chamber: 23%
    Combat Pit: 11%

Traps & Doors ready
    3 Sentry Traps
    2 Lightning Traps
    1 Alarm Trap

Gold: 3351 (+3072)

Orders:
    - Researchers: Research (in order of priority: Torture Chamber, Heal)
    - Manufacturers: Manufacture (steel doors)
    - Other combat units: Train or guard
    - Scourge: Train or maybe research
    - Wernslow: Train, do not scout
    - Giller: Do show experiment
    - Valkoth: Hold still
    Last edited by Mothrayas; November 12th, 2012 at 19:19.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Scourge

Cowl of Bones

"Welcome to my dungeon...Scourge. I always have use for an additional researcher in my ranks...come help out in the Library if you so please. Besides that, I can recommend you to prep up for future combat situations. The local opponents in this territory tend to be strong and fierce."

"I do; I shall begin researching shortly."

Scourge had just finished assembling her lair when she picked up on the presence of others in the room with her. She spun, hand already on the hilt of her scimitar, ready to draw the wicked blade.

~҉~There are no enemies apparent here.~҉~

A firefly had buzzed into the room and fallen asleep in a newly constructed lair. Behind him entered two spiders and a salamander.

~҉~There are a great many insects within this dungeon.~҉~

Scourge exited the lair and headed for the library. Within she found a warlock.

"Greetings, Warlock."

'My name is Azaz. Are you here to research?'

"Yes."

Scourge selected a book and began to research the Torture Chamber.

SCOURGE
    Level} 1 (47/200)
    Gold} 150
    Health} 100%
    Mood} Focused
    Keeper Approval} 5 (Neutral)
    Status} In the Library
    Summary} Scourge enters the Library, talks briefly to Azazisaz and then begins researching the Torture Chamber.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; November 12th, 2012 at 13:49.

Gamer IDs

ZAMA
    HURRICANE BEETLE
    Theme

A BEETLE HAS ENTERED YOUR DUNGEON.

The thunder of heavy wingbeats reverberated through the portal chamber and then Zama emerged, cresting the lip of the abyss. He didn't bother landing; Instead, he flew across to the Heart Chamber, navigating the tight corridor with ease.

'Heello, Keeper. I am Zama; magnificent flying beetle. I escape imprisonment in realm adajacent this one. I seek employment, yes?'

The winged beetle touched down, claws making contact with the ground. His wings retracted and shell-like elytra swiveled back to cover them.

'My carapace is thick, hard and spiky - just like manhood. I carry more than three times bodyweight, even in air, and small beetle I am not. My fantastic mating dance is infamous amongst other beetles. I carry puny insignificant creatures into battle and patrol land. I manufacture and eat many chickens. I look forward to your service.'

Zama lifted his bulk and turned tail, scuttling off to the Hatchery to gorge himself on chicken.

:I will enjoy dungeon; Chicken taste good.:

After having spent a considerable amount of time cutting a swathe through the Hatchery, the winged beetle set up his lair. He noticed some spiders and a salamander already asleep in their lairs.

He then lumbered back through the Hatchery, snagging several chickens, on his way to the Training Room. Upon reaching the Training Room, he scanned it for other creatures. He noted a hellhound and a firefly.

'I have not met firefly. Hello. I am Zama; beetle who flies into headwind and laughs heartily in face of danger.'

Zama commenced training, ramming his head into the nearest training dummy repeatedly and flicking up his elytra in an attempt to intimidate his opponent.

SUMMARY IN BRIEF__________
    Level: 1 (23/200)
    Keeper Approval: 0 (Neutral)
    Mood: Happy
    Quick Summary: Enters through Portal, speaks to Animus at Dungeon Heart, eats a lot of chickens in the Hatchery, sets up in the Lair, eats more chickens, addresses Wernslow in the Training Room, starts to train.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; November 13th, 2012 at 02:36.

Wernslow
    The Waste-of-Space

"Uh...Hello Wernslow. Welcome to my Dungeon. If you don't mind, I'd rather have you wait and train before going out to explore. There are some quite dangerous forces out there, and I'd rather have my explorers...last a good while."

Wernslow was already in the training room by the time Animus had finished his sentence, and attacked the nearest training dummy. A few moments later a hellhound also entered the room and too began attacking the dummies. He flew several times around his inanimate enemy, and plunged his mandibles into it. They got stuck for a moment, but Wernslow managed to pull them out, taking a large chunk of the dummy with him.

=>These dummies are surprisingly tasty.<=

He continued to chew the severed bit of dummy when a large beetle entered the training room, munching on several chickens. It looked around briefly, and approached Wernslow.

'I have not met firefly. Hello. I am Zama; beetle who flies into headwind and laughs heartily in face of danger.'

"Oh, hello. I'm Wernslow..."

He swallowed the chunk he was chewing and continued.

"I've actually just got here. Nice ambition you have there. I'd prefer to stay above or away from danger."

Zama had moved to another dummy and began ramming his head into it.

=>I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a headache from that.<=

Wernslow moved to assault the crippled dummy again, tearing another hole in it.

Summary

Gold Held: 0
    Mood: Neutral
    Experience: 4.0/15
    Quick Summary:Wernslow trained, introduced himself to Zama, and ate half a training dummy.
    Last edited by Keeper Decagon; November 14th, 2012 at 11:11.

Gamer IDs

Vermil|ion
    ...............|gnoble

Vermillion was still guarding, but he was no longer at his post. The Rogue had wondered across the river to where the gold seam was intent on guarding any imps that might be working there.

"Never a dull moment in Heavenarius-shire-land, oh no. Vermsy, he sees witch sisters appear to be nuzzling, yeah hah! He had siblings once - siblings of a kind. Dead siblings, still unborn and yet consumed utterly by the rats. They did not nuzzle. The rats did but his siblings didn't. As such it is little wonder that Lurco never liked that wizard or that the stupid orc is dead."

The rogue activated his Invisibilty and settled into the niche in the wall next to the entrance to Elyon's dungeon.

"Beetle - get off his leg. You cramp the Rogue's style."

VERMILLION SUMMARY_________________
    Creature Profile
    Health: 48%
    Level: 5 (42/600)
    Gold: 219 gold
    Mood: Content.
    Keeper Approval: 50 (Neutral)
    Summary: Vermillion crossed the river, cast Invisibility and stalked Elyon's entrance.

GILLER

"Uh, ...Giller..., let me get back to you in a moment."

Giller was left waiting and allowed to ponder about his own thoughts. He had met many Keepers in the past, and they had a variety of looks to give him. Though there were those who treated him like any normal creature, there were some who were suspicious of his work. One of them actually thought he would commit treason by using his potions to control the minds of the other creatures. Giller was amused by the memory.

If only that were so easily possible, I would have turned them against him after his treatment towards me.

Giller's time in dungeons such as those were usually short. He didn't want to waste his time on a Keeper who did not appreciate his work. There had been few Keepers who had given him what he needed, and he would have served those Keepers forever had they not suffered an untimely death. Giller hoped that Animus was one of those, and strong enough to avoid getting himself killed.

"Eh, Giller... Well, here, I got myself a test subject for you."

A Tunneller had been dropped before the Warlock.

"Giller, feel free to do your experiments on this guy here. Keep him in one piece though."

Giller took a bow to Animus, "Thank you, my lord. Watch and see a small fraction of the power my work can give you." Giller stepped towards the Tunneller, potion in hand, then began forcing it down the Tunneller's throat. The potion tasted terrible, as Enchantment Potions usually did. He didn't trust the Tunneller to drink it all unless forced.

Once he finished, Giller took the bottle back and stepped away. Within a few seconds, the Tunneller's movement speed saw a drastic increase. It was a perfect success, as Giller had expected it would be. Nothing ever went wrong in the countless times he had tried before.

"If that is all, I will make my Lair. I will familiarize myself with the dungeon and the situation before I set off to do my work. If you of need for any special requests from my work, speak them and I shall make it so," Giller informed Animus before making another bow, and departing the Heart Chamber.

Giller moved clockwise around the whole dungeon, making a right at the first interception he found by the Heart Chamber. He made note of everything, and when he passed by the Heart Chamber again, he kept going onward and skipped the three-way interception this time. He moved to the four-way interception, finding the Lair in the process. He stepped inside, but took caution once he noticed the presence of sleeping creatures. He created his Lair in the Southwest Corner then left it alone.

Giller finished his search in the Guard Room, having looked in every other room and seen its contents. He looked past the Sentries and river of lava, and noticed something odd on Animus' land over there. The walls had not been reinforced. This obviously meant that this land had been freshly claimed. It must be the boarder between Animus' land, and the land of the Keeper who owned the Maiden in the Prison. There was no doubt about it, there had been no other opening to lead to this enemy Keeper.

Giller noticed something else that was odd. There was a general lack of Traps and Doors. There only was a Magic Door before the Prison, a Magic Door to the Guard Room, and Sentries in front of the Guard Room. Animus either lacked the time or the resources to create such Traps and Doors. Giller smirked to himself.

And yet the enemy remains ignorant.

Giller had seen other Keepers who start building their Traps and Doors from the core of their dungeon to the outer skirts of it, considering their Heart to be the most important. This allowed enemies to know when the Keepers were finished, and also left them vulnerable until they were. This way, starting from without and working towards within, the enemy knew nothing. Of course, that was only if he lacked Sight-of-Evil. If that was the case, then it didn't matter what Animus did.

Giller also noticed that Animus seemed to be rather poor. There were three incomplete rooms, Scavenger Room included, and insufficient Gold to build them. Perhaps there was a general insufficient amount of Gold within the land, or maybe Animus hadn't been given the chance to do some proper exploring. It didn't matter either way. Giller's passion was his work, not his wealth. He only needed ingredients for his potions, and gold surprisingly did little to help him get them. Within a dungeon, he could usually get what he needed for free. If not, he had ways of getting what he wanted. He never needed gold before, why start collecting it now?

With his first task completed, Giller stepped back into Animus' main dungeon. Now he had to complete his second task. He needed to find out who the enemy was and what kind of forces he had. He didn't want to disturb his lord for the questions though, it was something he could find out himself. Now the question remained; who was he to ask? The sleeping creatures in the Lair and the busy creatures in the Library would obviously be the wrong ones to disturb. There was the Training Room, filled with insects and a Hell Hound, and the Workshop filled with a Dark Elf and Rogue.

The Workshop it is.

It wasn't long before Giller found himself before the two women in the Workshop. He calmly opened his mouth to speak, "Excuse me." They turned their heads towards him, giving him looks he didn't bother to decipher, "Do you know of the enemy Keeper standing against our lord? What kind of creatures serve him?"

Giller
    Experience: 0/15
    Current Equipment: Knife, Pouch

Summery: Giller forced Valkoth to drink the potion and it worked flawlessly. He then told Animus his plans and that he could ask him if he needed anything special, then explored the dungeon. He went to the Workshop and asked Niea/Zukia who the enemy Keeper was and of his army.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; November 15th, 2012 at 01:05.

Tesonu is napping!

A KNIGHT HAS ENTERED YOUR DUNGEON.

His words appeared true. A Knight did indeed stand at the Entrance Portal. He was no true Black Knight, for he wore shining white armor. But he was a Knight that had turned, no doubt, else why would he come through the abyss as if coming to serve a Keeper? Regardless of the answer, the Knight stepped forward. The sound of his armored footsteps echoed through the halls of Animus' dungeon. There was one alarming trait about the Knight, in that his sword remained unsheathed and firmly gripped in his hand.

The Knight stopped before Animus' Heart. He looked up at the beating Dungeon Heart, as if staring into Animus' very soul. His gaze remained locked on him, as if he were practicing to be made of stone. Finally, he moved, moving his sword arm towards its scabbard. He sheathed his sword, then put his hands on the sides of his helmet. Slowly and dramatically, creating anticipation, did his helmet move up from his head. His now uncovered undead face was one to surprise many. It couldn't be.

Ribs.

Ribs
    "The Dragon Slayer"

The audience could only gasp in surprise. The famed Dragon Slayer had returned. Only he could have slain the mighty Dragon, Drell, of Crystalbarrow Cattacombs. Ribs put the helmet to his side, speaking casually to Animus, "Hey Animus, how's it going? Hope Larquidos' creatures are serving you well. You're much better than him. I just got back. Had to kill this Knight on the way back, I thought I could melt his armor to make a shield or some arrows or something. I'm starving, I'm going to get a bite before I set out to work." The Dragon Slayer Skeleton put "his" helmet on and started heading off, towards the Lair and then the Hatchery. It wasn't technically a lie. Ribs did in fact kill the Knight on his way back. He had to, his unconscious body was blocking a door. He thought he might wake him if he tried to remove his armor so that he could easily lift him, so he killed him and then proceeded to the task.

Ribs found himself in the Hatchery after creating a Lair right by the entrance and dumping most of the armor along with his other gear there. He picked up a chicken and began jamming it into his mouth. He munched on the chicken a while, blood drippled from his teeth. He swallowed parts of the chicken, only to have them fall back out again. After he finished, he somehow burped then left the Hatchery. He entered the Workshop after a Warlock had left it. He found two beautiful women there. This was his lucky day.

He stepped towards them, putting his Skeleton arms around them, and made sure to get a firm grip on one of each of their breasts. They were soft and pleasant, arousing him. It really was his lucky day. His voice boomed through the Workshop, "Hello, ladies." Ribs suddenly received a crossbow to the ribs. It hurt. The women left him. Maybe it wasn't his lucky day after all. His head peeked out from the Workshop, watching them go, "Well fine, I got other women!" Ribs thought of Krua.

Ribs watched their rears sway side to side. He raised a bony eyebrow. Krua didn't have one of those. He should get her one for her birthday or something. Ribs shook his head. He had work to do. He couldn't be thinking about women. Work first. Women, fame, and sexual temptations later.

Ribs returned his attention to the Workshop. He still wore the Knight's boots, and began to slowly take them off. Very slowly, in case any one was watching and willing to pay to see more. Then again, who would want to pay? They'd simply run off after satisfying themselves. And no one was to receive a show for free. Ribs kicked the boots off the rest of the way. He began setting off to make some arrows. The one thing he seemed to lack within his large artillery of arrows was an actually normal arrow. He would need some. That's what he was going to make.

Ribs "The Dragon Slayer"
    Experience: 8/15
    Current Weapons/Items Carried: Magic Bow, Mystic Quiver (6 Dragon Slayers, 2 Eight-Leg Stoppers, 2 Ear Pullers)
    Efficiency: 115%

Summery: Ribs entered in a suit of armor, said "hi" to Animus, created his Lair, ate a chicken, burped, entered the Workshop, violated Niea/Zukia, then began working on normal arrows.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; November 15th, 2012 at 01:09.

Tesonu is napping!

.................................................. ................
    The Shadow of the Night, Niea

Zukia
    The Enigmatic Assassin

(Encounter Theme)

Niea and Zukia continued working on the Fear Trap. Save for the usual Workshop noises that Niea had been used to, they worked in silence. Occasionally, Niea looked up to Zukia as if she were about to say something, but she never did. Niea kept looking up anyways. It looked as if she were becoming more annoyed with every glance, but Zukia never seemed to notice. At least, she never expressed notice.

Say something!

Zukia refused. Niea felt strange. It normally didn't matter what they said, they all annoyed her. Either they were an actual pest or they were wasting their and her own time trying to socialize with her because she could say nothing back. Now she had someone who would keep talking regardless of whether or not she would respond. But for some reason, she stopped now. She loved the quiet, the peaceful silence, but now she was demanding it to end. Someone had to say something and she knew it couldn't be her. Niea suddenly stopped herself.

Just what am I thinking? Who cares when she talks? She'll talk when she talks.

"Something wrong?" Zukia suddenly asked. Niea looked at her with confused eyes. Zukia's tone remained plain and simple as she kept manufacturing, "You stopped working." Niea shook her head, then went back to work. Zukia remained quiet afterwards.

Well I got what I wanted...

Niea didn't know what to think beyond that. Her mind felt so very clouded with contradicting thoughts and emotions, constantly battling over which takes priority. The only thing Niea knew she felt for certain was a desire to go back to before she met the Rogue, keep things simple with just herself and her job with Animus. It seemed as if change to her lifestyle was forcing its way in one way or another. First with... now with Zukia. There was no escaping it.

Why did one person make such a difference, anyways?

"There, all done," Zukia's voice drew Niea away from her thoughts. Niea tried to smile, but another emotion pulled it back. She tried to force it, but that only gave her a strange feeling of pain. Zukia turned her head to the ceiling, towards Keeper Animus, "Oh Keeper Animus~! We've made an Alarm Trap to warn you of intruders, and a Fear Trap to ward off any Rogues who come to disarm it. I hope you find it satisfying."

Zukia turned her head to Niea, "Well what shall we make next? Inferno? Maybe it's hot enough here, huh?" Niea wasn't sure what to suggest, much less how to express it. Spike Traps were menacing though. They also kept the target in place as to become easy prey for her.

"Excuse me."

Zukia turned her attention to the speaker, a youthful Warlock in silver robes standing at the entrance. Niea looked as well, but expressed a more annoyed look towards the interruption rather than the calm and neutral look Zukia kept. "Do you know of the enemy Keeper standing against our lord? What kind of creatures serve him?" the Warlock asked. Being the only one of the two who could, Zukia answered, "His name is Elyon. I haven't been around long enough to see anything beyond two Maidens of the Nest. But they looked to be pretty strong, fighting off our forces like that."

The Warlock bowed in apparent satisfaction of the answer, then left. Zukia and Niea turned their backs on the entrance, becoming more focused on what they were to build next. Suddenly Niea felt a hand wrapped around her shoulders, feeling pleased for a brief moment. Until she realized they weren't made of the flesh. She looked down at her chest and saw a Skeleton's hand caressing her left breast. "Hello, ladies."

In a fury did Niea snatch her crossbow and slam it into the Skeleton's ribs, pushing him away from her and Zukia. Niea huffed, her chest rose with every breath of anger. The Skeleton seemed to have his eye locked on her beautifully round breasts. As much as she wanted to smack the Skeleton silly, she more so wanted to get away from him to get him to stop gazing down upon her chest like that. Niea charged out of the Workshop, forcing Zukia along by the hand.

As they walked down the corrider, away from the Workshop, she could hear the Skeleton call out to them, "Well fine, I got other women!" At least the message was clear. Still, she felt uncomfortable. It was almost as if she were being watched. Niea could only imagine what the Skeleton was looking at, if anything, and hastened her steps. She kept walking through corridors until she ended up in the Lair. Only when she stopped did she consciously acknowledge she was holding Zukia's hand.

Zukia began to laugh, but covered her mouth and tried to keep it to small giggles as to mind the sleeping creatures, "I've never seen a Skeleton like that one. What a rare sight." Maybe Zukia found it amusing, but Niea did not. She remembered the creepy and unnerving touch of the Skeleton's hand upon her breast. Zukia looked at Niea, keeping her voice to whispers, "Oh come on now. What's that Skeleton going to do? If anything, we could use that moment to mock him."

Mock him?

Zukia replied to Niea's confused expression, "That touch is the most pleasure he will ever get. He's a Skeleton, no one will ever be with him. He must have recently died if he yearns so strongly for the pleasure of the flesh. He will only grow weaker and less interested overtime as he realizes this. I almost feel sorry for him." Now Zukia made a bit more sense, but Niea was still upset. "Come on, let's stay away from the Workshop for now. Why don't we do a little research?" Zukia suggested with a warm smile. Niea nodded.

Niea followed Zukia's lead into the Library. Once they arrived, Niea quickly found that they were to research the Torture Chamber based on the titles of books read by other researchers. She began to take the lead to express this by guiding Zukia to the right book. Zukia fought to keep her position in the lead, appearing to be heading in the same direction. Niea had used her keen eyesight to spot the titles so easily, but Zukia appeared to be just as observant.

The women soon found themselves with Torture Chamber books and began to research.

Niea
    Health: 99%
    Level: 4
    Experience: 8/45
    Gold in Lair: 700
    Current Equipment: Leather Gloves, Reflex Bow, Crossbow, Quiver
    Efficiency: 90%

Zukia
    Experience: 6/15
    Current Weapons/Items Carried: Dagger, 7 Throwing Knives, Ridiculous Rogue Helmet

Summery: Niea and Zukia finished the Fear Trap, responded to Giller, responded to Ribs more harshly, then left the Workshop. They whispered quietly in the Lair and then went to the Library and began researching the Torture Chamber.

Trap Status:
    Alarm Trap: Complete
    Fear Trap: Complete

OOC: (Since the Keeper Post involved two other posts that were basically just sharing the same post, not being a "double"/"triple" post or anything, they counted as three posts. Also, technically I'm missing .344 points to finish the Workshop but who cares about such small points? I had some left over from the Alarm Trap anyways.)
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; November 15th, 2012 at 01:18.

Tesonu is napping!