Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tymnath Herez

Default Re: Tymnath Herez

I opened up your map to see if I could fix it.
    but I got a bit carried away
    did things
    changed things
    thinged things

Tym (Alt).rar

I'm not sure if I even fixed the crash. Hell, I probably made it worse. I couldn't get it to crash, but I also couldn't get Mark's fixed version to crash, so who knows.
    Last edited by Woudo; April 4th, 2017 at 08:58.

Well, did you try to play it til the end? Because like I said, it goes all right for a long time. I think each time I played for over an hour and had for a long time opened up the lava lakes without issues.

I missing destroy walls for the green keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Endrix View Post
    I missing destroy walls for the green keeper
    Hello, you mean the Green Keeper walled himself in?

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Yes if I correct understand it. I can not reach the green keeper. I required destroy walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Endrix View Post
    Yes if I correct understand it. I can not reach the green keeper. I required destroy walls.
    Well, this is unfortunate as both enemy Keepers should be aggressive enough to prevent themselves from walling in.

Perhaps the destroy walls spell should be researchable after all? I am somewhat hesitant to include it by default.

Download it here!

Download it here!

Perhaps you can script it in somehow, so only make destroy walls researchable for example when all heroes are destroyed and green has not lost a single fight, or has not reached an action point near the eastern gems or whatever.

The player having access to destroy walls changes absolutely nothing. The hero bastions are already very open.

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    The player having access to destroy walls changes absolutely nothing. The hero bastions are already very open.
    Agreed.

I have uploaded a new version where the Player can research Destroy Walls.

Download it here!

Download it here!

Trotim provided a solution for the pathfinding bug. It's to make sure maps have 'filled corners'. So for ADiKtEd open the map.ini and set these settings 'FRAIL_COLUMNS=0, UNAFFECTED_GEMS=1, UNAFFECTED_ROCK=1' and make/update the map with these settings in place.
    I took the liberty to do this for you (and fixed the tutorial_flash_button commands at the same time) and updated it on lubiki. Version 91 should play just fine on KeeperFX.

Download here.

And in fact, I managed to play this version of the map to completion in KeeperFX without a hiccup, not a single triangle error in the log.
    I enjoyed the map, even though I played the start several times before. There's a long time where the enemy keepers are stronger than you so you have to avoid them or die. At the end I managed to workshop enough gold together to abuse the fact that I was the only one with a scavenger room and tip the odds in my favor. At that point both keepers fell quickly.