Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Crystal Islands

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Red Crystal Islands

Grot, the Troll

Grot laid down the door on the floor for the Beetle to inscribe his warning. Beetlington started writing and the Troll was amazed to see that he could understand the writing.

"Well, I gotta say, Beetle, that ya has really gone and out-done yaself on this one!! Wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it wit mah own two eyes! Gnoll's word, it be right there as clear as the day, even tho i couldn't be readin' it. It's bloomin' well fantastic, Beetlin'!"

Grot bent over and surveyed it. He couldn't read the text but he understood it just fine. It was a marvel.

"Mighty fine scribblin' too, I'll be the first to be sayin'."

The troll moved the door over to the wall without packing it into a box as it wouldn't conveniently pack away in the same way other doors had been designed to do. Everything had its costs and cons and even if it could, the imps wouldn't know how to reassemble it on the spot.

Grot rested it against the wall - the imps would just have to be very careful moving it and it would probably take a couple.

+)I findin' mahself in need of a rest, I thinkin'.(+

Grot stretched and headed out of the Workshop. He ate several chickens in the Hatchery and then collapsed on his lair, snuggling up to his hammer among the layered rags of his lair. He lapsed into sleep, smiling widely.

INSIDE GROT'S MIND______________________________________________ _____________

Grot awoke, finding himself floating in the middle of what appeared to be an of amateur musical rendition of 'Faust and Making of the Hammer of Love.' Strange-looking dancing trolls swirled around in flashes of green. Happy, joyful tunes filled the air and petals rained slowly down from somewhere amongst the clouds. The smell of burning and bile fumes wafted across the clearing, lightly assailing his senses.

The dreaming troll gave himself to the strange, and many would say repellent, scene with apparent ease enjoying the spectacle and hugging random passers... including a surprised knight and a crippled imp who couldn't get away fast enough.

MEANWHILE_________________________________________ __________________________

Meanwhile, in the Lair of Keeper Kuroki's dungeon, Grot continued to dream his strange dreams. As to whether they were caused by accidentally inhaling some Bile gas earlier or whether that was his usual dream type and it was just him none can ever say...

Level: 1
    Mood: Happy
    Quick Summary: Finished the door, ate in Lair, went to sleep and dreamed some very odd dreams.

STEEL DOOR (1/A) = 100% COMPLETED <[GAS TRAP INCORPORATED INTO DESIGN]
    Last edited by MeinCookie; August 14th, 2010 at 07:42.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Before he had even completed his inscription, Beetlington was met with a tone of gratitude and words of praise from Grot.
    By the time he had finished and moved away, Grot had complimented the runes themselves, and Beetlington felt valued, and is if his lost status didn't mean so much after all.

He checked himself. Grot may appreciate me, and so may my keeper, but I've a long way to go before I've even a shadow of my former power.

And so, as Grot picked up the door with his arms with a strength that seemed to defy their appearance, Beetlington bid Grot a farewell, and, after a stop by his lair for a quick sustenance break, he ventured into his home away from home - the library.

There moved to the desk he'd enchanted his ink at, and returned the tome that laid on it to its proper place amongst countless tomes in one of the library's many shelves.
    Finally sitting down, Beetlington turned his attention to the ever-so-faint section of his conciousness that connected to his master.
    Master, what would you have me research now?

Beetlington was pleased with Grot's praise, left the workshop, ate some dung, and is now waiting for Kuroki's orders in the library.

Gamer IDs

Grot, the Troll

Grot awoke after his sleep feeling refreshed. He yawned, burped and then stretched his stick-like arms. For a minute he was still lost in dreamland, when a sudden thought dispelled the images from behind his eyes.

+)Did Keeper goes sayin' something about the day of payin'?(+

Grot walked into the Treasury dragging his axe.

"Well Keeper was givin' me bonus resources earlier so i only be takin' a lil' bit," he decided.

The round-bellied troll picked up 10 gold coins, nodded his head and arrived back in the Lair.

+)Time to be gettin' back and by to the Worker's shop, It thinkin'.(+

He wandered back into the workshop and noticed the half full pot of gold-magical ink.

"I thinkin' that you might be comin' in use for me, mah molten friend."

He carefully replaced it on a fire at the back of the workshop and set to work on his next project. Grot decided he would create a Sentry Trap.

He fetched some metal from the far side of the workshop and set to work on the bases.

Quick Summary: Wakes up, Collects pay and gets to work making some sentry traps

SENTRY TRAP (1/A) = 29% COMPLETED

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Last edited by MeinCookie; January 13th, 2012 at 05:27.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nmjayjay Steam ID: NmJayJay

Mdukos was still training, however he quickly became bored of just standing there just slashing at the dummy

-> i think i will mix it up a bit<-

Mdukos stepped back and charged at the dummy, he thrust his sword at the dummy, he then ducked to avoid the weighted arm that swung towards him, which has now even more furious because of the charge. Mdukos now strafed round the training dummy and was lunging at it careful to avoid the blows of the weighted arm.

Mdukos
    Health: 100%
    Gold: 0

Summery: Mdukos is still training.

Gamer IDs

Grot, the Troll

Grot finished the base and set to work on the barrel.

"Ah'll get 'er done good and an' quickleh. None'll be sayin' the Grot doesn't do his bit in the workin's of the dungeon, will they? No they won't!"

Quick Summary: making some sentry traps

SENTRY TRAP (1/A) = 56% COMPLETED

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Gamer IDs

Talking Re: Red Crystal Islands

Grot, the Troll

Grot finished off the Sentry trap and quickly went to check the bubbling pot of molten magic gold. He s

"Why greetin' ya there, Mista bubblin' pot of metal. Not gettin' too hot there are ya? Ya don't want ol' Grot to move ya, do ya? Come on then, mah friend, aye won't be forgettin' 'bout ya! I'll make ya into sumthing real fuine!"

The troll scratched himself before hefting the pot filled with the magic gold. He made for the front of the workshop and whistled himself a happy tune. His mind absently drifted towards fairies, flowers, smiling faces and cherry-red metal under his hammer.

Grot was just passing his Sentry Trap, not yet packed, when he tripped over his unseen and forgotten hammer which thanks to his own rotund belly and the pot he was carrying, he had not seen.

"Offffph!"

The happy troll landed on his back, but as he got to his feet the true result of the accident became clear. The long-toiled cannon had been splattered all over by the gold from his pot. Strangely though, Grot couldn't bring himself to care, or even be concerned. He was happy. Thoughts of flowers and fairies ran through his mind backed by an intense wave of positive feeling as he looked upon his ruined creation.

The magic of the enchanted ink that ran through the gold, had, lacking any recognizable forms or letters, instead taken meaning directly from his thoughts, creating a pure and infectious feeling of happiness. In fact, if that hadn't been Grot's normal mental state he would probably been sitting their blubbering happily about how everything the world was lovely.

Grot didn't all know that of course, but if the cannon was as happy as he was? Good for it. No explanation needed.

Grot ran several tests, revealing the cannon still seemed to be working, and packed it up next to the booby-trapped steel door and slapped on a warning label.

"WARNING - SENTRY TRAP CAN KILL OR INJURE"

Quick Summary: Grot finishes up the Sentry Trap, and by freak accident, turns it into a 'happy trap' which reduces enemies to blubbering happy wrecks before it kills them.

SENTRY TRAP (1/A) = 100% COMPLETED <[ENCHANTED WITH POWERFUL INFECTIOUS HAPPINESS]
    Last edited by MeinCookie; January 13th, 2012 at 05:35.

Gamer IDs

BUZZARD HAS DIED IN AN UNFORTUNATE WORKPLACE ACCIDENT!!

FOUL PLAY IS NOT BELIEVED TO BE A FACTOR DESPITE THE BARBED ARROWS FOUND LODGED IN HIS CHEST CAVITY.

Gamer IDs

Grot, the Troll

Grot yawned and exited the workshop.

"Just 'eading out fah a bit, Keeper! Aye was rememberin' that did leave me somethin' in mah ol' realm... Aye'll be back before ya miss me!!"

Grot popped down the portal.

A MANUFACTURER HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON, KEEPER.

Quick Summary: Grot leaves, evidenced of his stay only by a Steel Door and a Sentry Trap.

SENTRY TRAP (1/A) = 100% COMPLETED <[ENCHANTED WITH POWERFUL INFECTIOUS HAPPINESS]

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Beetlington had nought of an idea which activity to preoccupy himself with.

He wasn't really one for independance; he'd often waited on his father's council before doing things in the days prior, and even then, he'd remain apprehensive unless accompanied in his endeavours.

Figuring that it would be more ineffective to do nothing due to an absense of commands, Beetlington resolved to begin research on the room of guards, reasoning that threats had his master's dungeon sorrounded.

Summary: Beetlington began research on the GUARD ROOM!

Keeper Kuroki was silent for a long time. Some of his minions probably started to think he was ignoring them. Then, he finally spoke again:

"Minions, I have detected a certain presence in our vicinity. I've concentrated all my senses on trying to determine what this presence is and where it comes from. Unfortunately, I was unable to determine it's exact location, but I am now certain that there is another Keeper in this realm. There is no doubt that he have sensed my presence as well, but he probably can't determine our present location either. Still, be prepared to be carried to the battlefield, if there is need for it.

My mental link with Buzzard have been severed as well. As he was far from the land claimed as my domain, my link with him was weak and I am uncertain as to what have happened to him. However, I have sensed great pain before the link was severed, so he was undoubtedly attacked by someone. Last location I sensed him in was the settlement south from us. I would like someone to find Buzzard - or his body - and try to find out what happened. Eixe, as you are the closest one, would you mind examining Buzzard's last known location?

Ah, we have a newcomer among us. Welcome, Mdukos. I apologize for not greeting you properly, but as you have heard, I have been otherwise engaged. Welcome to my domain.

Well, Guard Room would definitively be a good addition to my realm. A good choice, Beetlington. Keep up the good work."

After this, Kuroki's conscience concentrated on the Imps digging the gold south of his domain.