Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: General Improvement Mod - A New Unofficial Patch for DK2

Default Re: General Improvement Mod - A New Unofficial Patch for DK2

Quote Originally Posted by svefn View Post
    Hi, I am using DKII.exe with GIM and dgVoodoo2. When I win a level the Horny animation can't be skipped and if I press Esc (to continue playing), level/HP icons on top of minions become invisible, so I can't see their HP/level, and spacebar does not work anymore to advance to the next level, I'd have to exit to main menu and go to Continue Campaign to proceed.

This doesn't seem to be an issue with DKII-DX v1.7. Anyone using DKII with GIM experience this? How can I fix it?
    I realize this thread is pretty dead, but even so: I have the exact same problem.
    The only way to complete a campaign level and proceed to the next is if you press the spacebar during the animation that plays when Horny appears at the end of a level. Pressing Esc to continue playing prevents you from pressing Space later.

There's a worse problem with the Secret Levels - in the first one I tried (golf), pressing space during the end cinematic doesn't go out of cinematic mode - you're just stuck forever and have to use task manager to close the program.
    And the duckshoot game was broken - I'm pretty sure the Warlock's fireball spell should be instantly (or almost instantly) killing the heroes as they walk by, but instead it just does its normal (minimal) damage, thus breaking this minigame completely.

It's a shame because I definitely would like to play this with non-rubbish AI but it feels like if you fix it somewhere, it just breaks somewhere else.

It looks very much like somebody has changed the default levels. Victory conditions are stored inside the maps, in the script tree. Just like spell damage in the secret map. This can all be corrected manually if you open the maps in the editor.
    You can open in editor the secret level configuration->creature spell types-> warlock fireball and change the parameter shot data 1 to 9999 - it is fireball damage
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scredk22.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	235.0 KB 
ID:	2209

Quote Originally Posted by Quuz View Post
    It looks very much like somebody has changed the default levels. Victory conditions are stored inside the maps, in the script tree. Just like spell damage in the secret map. This can all be corrected manually if you open the maps in the editor.
    You can open in editor the secret level configuration->creature spell types-> warlock fireball and change the parameter shot data 1 to 9999 - it is fireball damage
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scredk22.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	235.0 KB 
ID:	2209
    Since posting I've also tried out the 'lite' version of the GIM mod and I've noticed that some stuff that was broken in GIM works in GIM Lite (like the Duckshoot game for example) - so I think some of the balance changes that GIM made inadvertantly broke some of the more custom content of the single player campaign. I also think there were some in-game cinematics and things that played in GIM Lite but that never triggered for me in GIM but my testing hasn't exactly been extensive.

Unfortunately the 'unable to end level' issue remains with DXII.exe even with GIM lite.

Question. Is it possible to somehow make this patch... lighter? My dungeon is very dark and it kinda ruins the fun for me, cause while all the other improvements are great, the reduced visibility is annoying.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Question. Is it possible to somehow make this patch... lighter? My dungeon is very dark and it kinda ruins the fun for me, cause while all the other improvements are great, the reduced visibility is annoying.
    I don't recall this mod changing the lighting settings but in any case, there actually are some settings you can change ingame. Increase / Decrease Ambient Lighting, you can find the keys for it in the options menu but I believe the default keys are - and =
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Guys i need your help.
    I read everything but i still can't play.
    I have Gog version of DK2 i'm on windows 10 64bits.
    I followed every step for gim patch but i don't know why the game instant crash.
    I don't know how to deactivate hardware acceleration too, maybe this is the problem ?

Can you help me to make it work with the gim patch?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

Quote Originally Posted by Azaroth View Post
    Guys i need your help.
    I read everything but i still can't play.
    I have Gog version of DK2 i'm on windows 10 64bits.
    I followed every step for gim patch but i don't know why the game instant crash.
    I don't know how to deactivate hardware acceleration too, maybe this is the problem ?

Can you help me to make it work with the gim patch?
    https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=139 Extract this to the same folder as DKII.exe. This should fix your problem instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by impboy4 View Post
    https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=139 Extract this to the same folder as DKII.exe. This should fix your problem instantly.

Thank you the game start now but after the cinematic with the mage it crashes.
    I tried different things but it seems harder than expected.

Hello, im spanish and i wish to play this game in spanish, sorry for my english is so bad

Can play in spanish the game and resolution of 1080? Im install this mod and don't work to me, i have windows 11, thank you

I like the mod, and it has reduced the crash rate I experience.

One thing I've noticed though is that when I reload from a save game, my mana income resets to 500 even if I have claimed mana vaults. I think this might be because the mod is based on an earlier patch version that didn't have this issue fixed? Is there any workaround for it? Unfortunately the game still crashes often enough that I usually have to reload a few times on the longer levels.