Page 95 of 139 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Northland Iceland

Default Re: Northland Iceland

"I was just in the graveyard," says Thinneus. "No piglets there." I say we start our patrol south and see what we find." He fires a couple test shots from the crossbow, checking its accuracy. He realizes it's a bit harder to use these things than he thought, but with some practice he should be able to be decently accurate.

~~~

Maion finishes reading the book he had an imp pick up for him from the library. He hands his notes to another imp. It scans the writing quickly, and Maion guesses that since these magical creatures are bound to Tesonu, that means the information is going directly to him.
    The note reads:
    Ire piglets have only enough bile for a few flame breaths. Exhaust them?
    Birth rate 3 females to every male. Extra females go out into wild, hunting for food & mates at puberty. They’re larger. Probability all piglets in dungeon are females hitting puberty.
    Weak against sulfur but immune to most poisons. Cyanide might work.
    Overly aggressive. Spines are venomous. Decent sprinters, excellent endurance. Can run down a deer.
    Hopefully Tesonu will relay that information to the others. If not, Maion puts a copy of his notes in a satchel. Maybe Thinneus can find someone to read it to him.

Glancing at his potions, Maion sees that they are nearing completion. He packs the healing potion he made, plus the toxic elixir made from ire piglet poison and spider venom. Next he adds in the two spider web potions he made, having finally acquired some spider silk as the key ingredient.

Finally, he takes his animal form brew and divides it into numerous vials. Into two vials he puts chicken feathers, a third a bit of spider chitin, a fourth an ire piglet spine, a fifth a bat ear, and the final one a rat foot. These potions will transform Thinneus into the animal that’s marked on the label. All these go into the pouch. Finally, Maion pours two thirds the contents of the pot into a bowl, covers it with a tight lid, and adds that to the pouch. He tells an imp to deliver that to guard room he hopes Thinneus is in, and proceeds to begin eating the remaining contents of the cauldron. The chicken stew is delicious, if a bit pale.

Thinneus:
    Health: 97% (Mostly recovered from poison)
    Level: 1
    To Next Level: 29%
    Gold: 0
    Summary: Responds to Tralk and practices a bit with crossbow.

Maion:
    Health: 100% (ate and temple)
    To Next Level: 6%
    Summary: He finished the potions he's been working on for several posts and sends them to Thinnues. He also gives Tesonu some notes regarding ire piglets, hoping Tesonu will broadcast them.
    Last edited by Rephath; January 18th, 2013 at 20:00.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Suria the Blue Spawn of Rage

"Just... wait a second."

Suria growled, for she did not like waiting. She glared at the ceiling, then snapped at Tesonu, "Right this instance! I'm not go-"

"Just wait ONE GOD DAMN SECOND!!"

Suria crossed her arms and sat on the floor with a very large frown upon her face. She knew at this point there was not much point to trying to argue but it did not make her any less upset.

"Attention, Creatures!"

"There appears to be some sort of situation. We're being invaded. By pigs. Ire piglets to be specific. They're black and red, and about the size of Suria. Also, they can breathe fire... kinda like Suria too. They're attacking to eliminate all things of ice, which means they're going to go after Crystice... eventually. So we must act and stop this before it comes to that. I'll need a number of volunteers to go on an extensive search of the dungeon to hunt them down. Crystice, you shall be in charge. Everyone volunteering, head out to the Guard Room."

No!

Suria stomped the ground violently, expressing her fury.

NO NO NO NO NO!

The dungeon was to only have one fire-breathing spawn of rage, and it was Suria. She would not lose that role to some kind of pig. It was going to die, and she was going to humiliate it by using fire. She was going to cook it-

"And also, the ire piglets are poisonous... apparently. Go to the Temple if any of you are infected."

and eat it. She planned to tear out its flesh and spill blood on the dungeon walls and floors as she claws apart its internal organs while forcing its fellow piglets to watch. She was going to destroy them, and that was that.

Suria charged off towards the Guard Room, determined to enjoy a tasty meal of pigs. Upon arriving, she found that two creatures had already beaten her there. It was some kind of Beetle and a human man. They may have beaten her to the Guard Room, but they won't beat her to the prize.

Suria walked up the the table at the center of the room, since they both seemed pretty focused on it, then jumped on top of it, proclaiming her obvious dominance over them, "I don't know you two but let's get one thing straight! I'm Suria, and I'm going to be the one that kills those pigs of lets!", she began furiously hopping up and down on the map, damaging it with the claws on her feet, "I'm the only fire-breathing Dragon around here god damn it! And if any of you get in my way, I'll eat you too!"

Suria
    Health: 100%
    Level: 6
    Experience: 57/80
    Gold in Hand: 0
    Gold in Lair: 4998
    Equipment: None
    Efficiency: -5%

Summery: Suria raced to the Guard Room and threatened Tralk and Thinneus to not steal her kills.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; January 18th, 2013 at 22:54.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Nalina
    The War Maiden
    Maiden of the Nest

Nalina was still working hard on the Magic Door, but was nowhere near being close to being finished. While she was skilled in the Workshop, she was no Troll. She had never met one, but had heard stories as a child of how they had secret techniques and knowledge of manufacturing that made them legendary in the Workshop. The Maidens of her tribe, herself included, respected Trolls for this talent, even if they were said to be unskilled in combat.

"Attention, Creatures!"

Nalina halted her work with caution before looking up towards the ceiling.

"There appears to be some sort of situation. We're being invaded. By pigs. Ire piglets to be specific. They're black and red, and about the size of Suria. Also, they can breathe fire... kinda like Suria too. They're attacking to eliminate all things of ice, which means they're going to go after Crystice... eventually. So we must act and stop this before it comes to that. I'll need a number of volunteers to go on an extensive search of the dungeon to hunt them down. Crystice, you shall be in charge. Everyone volunteering, head out to the Guard Room."

Nalina smiled, eager to finally enter battle. And best of all, she was to perform a hunt for her prey. She was very much fond of hunting, having been trained in the act as a child at about the same time she first learned to fight.

"And also, the ire piglets are poisonous... apparently. Go to the Temple if any of you are infected."

Nalina smiled with pride. Maidens were naturally immune to such poisons, and thus she had an advantage already. Though she was still uncertain of whom Suria or Crystice were, but she could get a good enough hint from context. Suria must have been a Demon Spawn or Salamander of sorts to be capable of breathing fire, while Crystice was clearly some sort of incredibly beautiful woman. Why else would Tesonu value her so? Perhaps she was a Dark Mistress? Nalina had heard of how they commonly used Ice and Thunder Magic. She must have used her looks to charm her way into the chains of command.

Pitiful Tesonu. He must be so easy to manipulate.

Nalina figured that perhaps she, too, could manipulate Tesonu to gain authority. He definitely seemed interested in her. She could then use her position to actually bring about some order. She had not yet seen Tesonu's ability to organize, but they were undoubtedly terrible. Nalina had heard of Tesonu's incompetence and even heard dark stories of his dungeon from a Ghost experienced them firsthand. She had left the place some time ago, and Nalina couldn't blame her.

But even so, to put herself in power, she would have to sacrifice her dignity to please Tesonu, and she was willing to do neither. She still considered him to be a disgrace of a Dungeon Keeper, and only joined simply due to the lack of options. She had to put a stop to whatever kinds of experiments the Heroes were performing, then crush them utterly to satisfy her bloodthirst for revenge. She did not plan on staying beyond that, and even considered the possibility of leaving if Tesonu oversteps his boundaries and makes a move on her.

Nalina let out a sigh, reminding herself of the current situation. She should probably stop Manufacturing and participate in the hunt. The Dark Gods know Tesonu needs her. She highly doubted he had very many competent creatures beyond Masega and herself with the unfortunate fate of falling under his command. She finally left the Workshop and departed for the Lair. Before entering battle, she had to first make sure she was properly equipped. While she made her trip, she recalled Tesonu's words to help her decide what would be necessary to bring.

By the time she arrived, Nalina knew what she needed. She dropped her sword and exchanged it with her glaive, figuring she might need some range rather than speed. She kept her shield, as it would surely make for a good defense against their breath. She also grabbed her quiver and bow in case someone else was blocking their flames so she could easily snipe them. She took a couple Tomahawks just in case she needed a quick ranged weapon for an emergency situation.

Now she was ready to go, and so she departed for the Guard Room, wherever that was. Tesonu's dungeon was so elaborate that it was hard to tell what was where. At least, it made things confusing for invaders. Perhaps Tesonu had some strength after all.

It took her quite a bit of searching, but she eventually reached the Guard Room. She found three creatures already arrived. There was a blue Demon Spawn, some kind of strangely dressed man, and a giant bug.

Tesonu's elite, I'm sure.

Nalina actually found the thought of this being the best Tesonu had to offer to be highly amusing, despite her general lack of humor. While she had never seen one, she was fairly certain the man was a Rogue of some sort. There wasn't much else he could be. Nalina, naturally, didn't think well of Rogues due to their dishonorable nature. She had heard stories of how they would literally stab their best friend in the back for a handful of Gold. While Tesonu probably deserved to have such treacherous characters within his ranks, it still didn't change the fact that she didn't like him.

Nalina kept to herself within the corner of the room, uninterested in speaking with any of the others aside from perhaps the Beetle. Unlike most other Maidens of her tribe, Nalina always had some sort of strange fondness for insects, despite them being considered weak. Flies, even, would she befriend.

Nalina
    Level: 3
    Experience: 0/35
    Gold in Lair: 0
    Equipment: Glaive, Steel Shield, 2 Tomahawks, Quiver (15 Bodkin/5 Broadhead)
    Efficiency: 100%

Summery: Nalina left the Workshop, went to the Lair and gathered her weapons, then went to the Guard Room and began waiting.

Trap Status:
    Magic Door: 21.112/45

Tesonu is napping!

"I was just in the graveyard," says Thinneus. "No piglets there. I say we start our patrol south and see what we find."

"Alright, I'll just remove the marker there, then." Only milliseconds after Tralk removed the marker from the Graveyard, it was rapidly replaced by the paw of a Demon Spawn, along with three others on the map and a fitting voice shouting, "I don't know you two but let's get one thing straight! I'm Suria, and I'm going to be the one that kills those pigs of lets! I'm the only fire-breathing Dragon around here god damn it! And if any of you get in my way, I'll eat you too!". This startled Tralk, causing him to rear back in his chair. This caused Tralk to think, 'Aw crap, not again!!' as the chair fell back with him, propelling the beetle out of the Guard Room, through the southern door, and into the Trap Room, which might as well be a pinball machine now. If Tralk had the fortune of being right-side-up, he might have been able to stop himself. But alas, now he's a passenger in a malfunctioning escape pod. As for the markers he placed on the map, they're scattered around the Guard Room, their usefulness removed and Tralk's planning dead in the water.

SUMMARY:

Name: Tralk the Turtling Beetle
    XP: 20/25
    Gold Held: 0
    Mood: Scared
    Current Action: Sliding Uncontrollably
    Summary of Post: Removed the marker from the Graveyard and was startled by Suria, causing him to fall backwards out of his chair and slide out the southern door of the Guard Room with no hope of stopping.

Thinneus watches the lizard stomping on the map, making a mental note that this one has a temper.

"I'm the only fire-breathing Dragon around here god damn it! And if any of you get in my way, I'll eat you too!"

"You might want to avoid that, I haven't bathed in a month," is what Thinneus almost says. But his attention turns to the spiderwoman that walks in. She's a warrior, but the way she's lurking makes Thinneus think she's a rogue as well. She has something about her that just... ah, yes, the uncovered breasts.

The sight of Tralk bouncing around distracts him. He stops and stares awhile, enjoying the frenetic mix of magic and kinetic energy as Tralk flies around. It's like the night sky during a liberation festival. Grabbing a war club from a weapons rack, Thinneus waits for an opportune moment and slams the beetle as hard as he can, knocking it back into the guard room. The beetle appears dizzy, or maybe that's just his imagination. Either way, he walks back to the maiden.

"Greetings," he says. "Is it true that maidens of the nest only devour their mates two out of three times? Because I'm feeling lucky," is what he doesn't say. "My name is Thinneus. Impressive collection of weapons you have. You here to hunt piglets too?"

~~~

Finished with his meal, Maion looks over his ingredients, goes over his mental list of available reagents on potion formulae, and realized he has enough to make a freeze potion. He draws some magical water from the temple and begins to fill his cauldron.

~~~

Thinneus:
    Summary: Knocks Tralk back into the guard room, starts chatting up Nalina.

Maion:
    Health: 97%
    To Next Level: 6%
    Summary: He begins making a freeze potion. Nothing could possibly go wrong with that.

Fearful that he would be bouncing for eternity, Tralk was thankful when Thinneus clubbed him back into the Guard Room, flipping him right-side-up in the process. Quickly stopping himself before the map table became a victim, he took a breather while looking around the room. He saw Thinneus walk back into the room with his club and start talking to a Maiden of the Nest that he was positive wasn't there when he made his involuntary exit. Unlike the few he had seen, this one was actually wearing a bra. She also had a multitude of weapons and a shield. 'Well, someone looks prepared for battle,' Tralk noted. Looking back to the table, he sees the Demon Spawn Suria jumping on the table, clawing up the map and any uses it may have had in helping them find the Ire Piglets. He found it funny that a creature that was such a calming shade of blue was so brutish and angry. 'Should I try to calm her down?' Tralk pondered. 'Better not, as she might overreact even more than she has and cause more devastation.

'Speaking of devastation....' Tralk slowly went towards the southern door and peered out into the Trap Room to make sure he didn't damage anything too badly. Seeing that only a couple of traps had small dents, he was relieved he didn't cause more damage. The barricades, however, were completely demolished, which is understandable since a beetle did plow into them at high speeds. Tralk resolved to help fix the traps and barricades after they were done hunting the Ire Piglets, even though he knows next to nothing of how to do so. Reentering the Guard Room, he heard Thinneus talking to the Maiden.

"Greetings. My name is Thinneus. Impressive collection of weapons you have. You here to hunt piglets too?"

Walking up to Thinneus, Tralk says, "Thank you for, uh, helping me back in the Guard Room. Thought I'd be bouncing for hours, heh." He turns his head to the Maiden. "Hi. I'm Tralk. Um, lets just say I don't normally get launched out of rooms on my back. Um, so yea."

Feeling sheepish, Tralk sits down on the floor next to the Steel Door leading towards the Prison and Torture Chamber, wanting to hide in his shell in embarrassment from what just happened.

SUMMARY:

Name: Tralk the Turtling Beetle
    XP: 20/25
    Health: 98% (-2% from Thinneus's Club)
    Mood: Embarrassed
    Current Action: Sitting
    Summary of Post: Was helped back into the Guard Room by Thinneus, looked around, checked on the traps in the Trap Room, thanked Thinneus, introduced himself to Nalina, and sat down on the east side of the room from embarrassment.

Nalina
    The War Maiden
    Maiden of the Nest

Nalina found it unsettling the way the Rogue stared at her, especially what he seemed to be staring at. Indeed, she was definitely dealing with one of Tesonu's creatures. Nalina was preparing herself to slap the Rogue if he wouldn't stop, but found no need as he became distracted by the Beetle when he somehow launched himself out of the Guard Room on his shell. Nalina, not wanting to get involved, simply ignored the event.

The Rogue eventually left the room after the Beetle with a club and the Beetle soon came spiraling back. He quickly regained his balanced as the Rogue returned. He stepped up towards Nalina and spoke casually, "Greetings. My name is Thinneus. Impressive collection of weapons you have. You here to hunt piglets too?" Nalina wasn't sure if it was her imagination, but it looked as if he had more to say on his mind. There was some sort of interested and eager look in his eyes but she couldn't quite figure out what it meant. She merely replied saying, "That would be the given, yes."

The Beetle then walked up to her shortly afterwards, speaking first towards Thinneus then to her, "Hi. I'm Tralk. Um, lets just say I don't normally get launched out of rooms on my back. Um, so yea." Nalina would have introduced herself as well, but simply didn't feel comfortable giving her name to Thinneus or even speaking in front of him. It was not only due to him being a Rogue, but due to the way he was looking at her with interest. It made her feel heavily uncomfortable, and her shyness was getting the better of her. She simply decided to remain quiet, acting as natural as she could while ignoring them with apparent disinterest. She could always talk to Tralk later, when they were alone in a more private place where she felt comfortable.

Nalina
    Level: 3
    Experience: 0/35
    Gold in Lair: 0
    Equipment: Glaive, Steel Shield, 2 Tomahawks, Quiver (15 Bodkin/5 Broadhead)
    Efficiency: 75%

Summery: Nalina replied to Thinneus and then ignored him and Tralk afterwards.

Trap Status: Hiatus
    Magic Door: 21.112/45

Tesonu is napping!

Nalina doesn't seem to be interested. She'd probably rather talk with Maion. Thinneus turns to Suria. "So, you want all the micro piglets for yourself? Not gonna happen. But I'll challenge you tol see who's the better hunter. Whichever of us kills the most micro piglets wins."

Just then, an imp shows up delivering Thinneus' potion satchel. He checks to make sure the padding is safe and inventories his potions. This is a nice batch.

Thinneus:
    Summary: Receives potions and talks with Suria
    Last edited by Rephath; January 23rd, 2013 at 05:56.

Lord Ecthelion

The abyssal portal vibrated as something moved up the shaft. An immense orange glow emanated from the depths, and seconds later the portal erupted with fire, melting the surface ice that covered it. From within the inferno, a huge armored salamander emerged and landed on the solid ground. He shuddered at touching the icy floor, and quickly proceeded toward the great beating heart of Tesonu. As he approached, he gave a bow and introduced himself, hissing slightly,

“I am Lord Ecthelion, elite guard of Sssummermarsssh Ssswelter and one of our Queen’s protectorsss. I will ssserve you to the bessst of my ability, but keep in mind; I will only remain here for a limited time. Until I am sssummoned back to Sssummermarsssh, I should remain here and assissst you in your ssstruggle. My title is well-dessserved, you can be sssure of that.”

The large salamander moved quickly out of the heart chamber and began searching for the lair. Finding it eventually, Ecthelion walked to a corner, and built his lair.

‘Perhaps I should explore this dungeon. I need to know exactly where I am.’

He wandered out of the lair, looking in every room to gauge their size in comparison to the rest of the dungeon. Ecthelion realised the immense size of the dungeon as he went, passing a small trap room and a couple of guard rooms containing some creatures, and soon he found himself at the exit. The path had changed color, indicating another Keeper’s presence. He too saw signs of a recent battle, which had spilled much blood.

‘Hmm… this battle seems to have been very recent. I should have enough time to train myself up a bit.’

Ecthelion hurried to the training room. First he would train, and perhaps afterward he should fix up his armor in the workshop. It needed a good clean up and reinforcement; in it’s current state it was almost useless. Suddenly, the salamander heard a loud splat and a crunch. He stopped, and stepped back. He had accidentally stepped on some kind of micro-piglet. Ecthelion nodded to himself.

‘I thought so. Ire piglets. So here’s where they went.’

Now just a highly toxic puddle of mush, the piglet was not going to trouble anyone anymore. Feeling a strange sensation in his right leg, the reptilian guard walked into the training room. Aiming for the nearest wall target, he spat a small ball of fire at it, setting it alight. He turned his attention quickly to the stationary dummies in the middle of the room, engaging one with his most powerful attack. The dummies, as always, said or did nothing, taking all the punishment handed to them.

Summary

Health: 99% (-1 poisoned)
    Mood: Aggressive
    Experience: 0/30
    Quick Summary: Ecthelion introduced himself to Tesonu, explored the dungeon, splattered an Ire Piglet and began to train.
    Last edited by Keeper Decagon; March 10th, 2013 at 00:21.
    Current creatures in the RPG:

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ Crystice ~ and ~ Emmra ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ._ The Ice Sorceress ~ ~ ~ The Sorceress Sisters ~ ~ ~ The Sweet Sorceress

(Main Theme) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Main Theme)
    (Battle Theme) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Battle Theme)

Crystice's eyes cracked open unwillingly when she heard Tesonu's voice call for the attention of all Creatures. She half-listened as he made the announcement. It had something to do with Suria breathing fire, a hunt, and herself. She was to lead the hunt... or something. Crystice really couldn't bother with it for the time being, and decided to allow herself a bit more sleep before concerning herself with whatever was the issue. She wasn't being picked up so surely it was nothing of urgency anyways.

After an unknown amount of time, Crystice began to quickly lift herself up from her bed, feeling she had a sufficient rest. She sat up, then stepped down onto the dungeon floor and stretched a bit. Realization of her current assignment suddenly struck her, and she immediately thought to go to the Guard Room. She stopped herself, however, and instead looked over at Emmra. Surely she would be wondering where her sister went off to, and Crystice wasn't sure if she completely trusted her naive sister on her own in a dungeon full of potentially malicious and manipulative Creatures.

While Crystice had left her behind before, the circumstances were considerably different. Emmra stayed in the Library, for the most part, and everyone was gone to engage in battle. Now, she would likely wander the dungeon on her own accord, which made Crystice feel uneasy. Even with that aside, there was still the fact that Emmra's magic would prove very useful should there be any injuries. But Emmra seemed to still be asleep. Crystice thought to nudge her a bit to test the deepness of her sleep, then leave her as is if she knew Emmra would stay asleep.

Crystice carefully walked up to her sister, recalling the memory of when she and that Imp set her down. She seemed to remember it more clearly than she expected, having been rather tired herself at the time. Though she recalled laying Emmra flat on her back, it seemed as if she had rolled herself over and now slept on her left side. Crystice gave her a gentle nudge around her shoulder, adding a voice of equal softness, "Emmra...?" Her sister only seemed to let out a moan that even Crystice, as close as she was, could barely hear. Crystice shrugged, deciding it would be better to allow Emmra some more rest.

Just after Crystice finished turning around, she heard another moan. This one was considerably louder, but still relatively quiet. Following it, she heard Emmra's voice, "...Crystice?" Crystice quickly turned, "Oh, Emmra. So you are awake." "What happened?" Emmra asked before letting out a yawn, "I remember feeling really tired after casting a Heal Spell, then I laid down for a moment and then... I was dreaming." "I think you may have over-exhausted yourself." "Really? Oh, I know why!" Emmra quickly sat up, filling her voice with excitement just as fast, "It's the technique I used before I got all tired! I cast a Perfect Heal and a Consecutive Heal, and I didn't even use my staff! Isn't that great!?"

Crystice's eyes widened, actually surprised and impressed with her sister. She couldn't remember the last time she felt that way, for it had to be at least several years since Emmra amazed her. While she was not as skilled in the healing arts, she had learned enough about them as a child to be familiar with the inner workings of the various spells and various techniques that could be pulled off with each one. "Emmra... that's very good to hear... but please, keep your voice down," Crystice told her, keeping her own voice to a hushed whisper. "Oh," Emmra looked down a bit, "Sorry."

Crystice took Emmra's hand and gave her a warm smile to try and return her mood. She looked back up to Crystice then returned the smile with a giggle to follow afterwards. "But that is very good, Emmra," Crystice told her, keeping her smile, "You're becoming much better." Emmra giggled again, "Heehee! I am, aren't I? I remember when I couldn't cast magic at all without my staff. It feels so good to be helpful without being relying on it so much." "You should still carry it around with you," Crystice suggested in a more cautious voice as she put her other hand over Emmra's, "It could still prove very useful. Even if you do become very skilled, you may still have moments in which you cannot focus enough to cast a spell, and the staff will be useful then to smoothen that flow of magic." "Okay, Crystice!" Emmra replied in a cheery voice.

"Alright then," Crystice's voice suddenly lost its sisterly warmth as she let go of Emmra's hand, "We should go." Emmra suddenly reached out from the bed and wrapped her arms around Crystice's waist and slowly pulled her, startling Crystice before she began to resist with equal force. "Nooooo... don't go..." Emmra whispered in a childish voice, "Let's stay here and rest some more, then we can go and play!" Crystice let her arms hang as she sighed, "No Emmra... We can't... and I told you to stop doing that."

Emmra released her grip, returning herself within the borders of her bed. She whispered in a sorrowful voice, "I thought you said..." "I know what I said! But look... now is not the time for that. We have something to take care of." "Why?" Emmra whined. "Well..." Crystice paused for a moment, searching for the right words, "I suppose it's more that I have something to take care of. Tesonu's orders. But I'm taking you along with me because you're very useful." "Oh..." was all Emmra said in response. Crystice wanted to say much more than just that, but she didn't want to get into the real issue of leaving her alone to wander the dungeon. There was no way she would understand the potential dangers of that.

"Where are we going?" Emmra asked weakly. Crystice's answer came much more firmly, "We're going on a hunt." "A hunt..." Emmra repeated. Crystice wondered if she even knew what the word meant. A hunt was a pretty simple concept, but given Emmra's heavily sheltered life, it wouldn't be too surprising if she didn't understand. Either way... "We're hunting for..." Crystice took another pause, trying to recall what it was that Tesonu said, "...for... uh... a what...?"

It wasn't that Crystice couldn't remember, as it was what she remembered that puzzled her. She was perplexed by the name "Ire Piglet", and for a number of good reasons. She had never once heard the name before, and frankly, it sounded completely ridiculous, like some sort of fictional monster in a child's book. The fact that it was somehow poisonous and could breathe fire made it even more questionable. Tesonu certainly didn't seem sure of it himself. To top it off, the name literally meant "Angry Young Pig", which made it sound even more ridiculous. Crystice wondered if they were hunting a real beast or being sent on a wild chicken chase across the dungeon.

"Crystice?" Emmra softly whispered, catching Crystice's attention. "What? I was thinking about something..." Crystice shook her head before she began to head out, "Whatever, let's just go and get this over with." "O-Okay..." Emmra replied as she hurried after her. Crystice quickly led Emmra out of the Lair, heading for their destination in the Guard Room.

Upon entering the Hatchery, Emmra suddenly grabbed Crystice's arm as she came to an abrupt stop, "Wait... I'm hungry." Crystice sighed, "Alright, just don't eat too much now." "O-Okay...!" Emmra replied hesitantly before running off to catch chickens. "Hmm... I feel a bit hungry myself..." Crystice muttered to herself, "I might as well grab a small bite now that I'm here..." Crystice reached down and plucked a small, nearby chicken that was pecking at the magical soil of the Hatchery. She stood over by one of the pillars and began to fry it over the fire as she watched Emmra grab a third chicken. She stopped for a while, as if to think about something, then let the third chicken down. She began to gobble down the two remaining chickens shortly after.

For someone so kind and gentle, she really has the rough eating manners of a Troll.

By the time Crystice began eating her cooked chicken, Emmra had already finished her raw two and had rejoined her. She watched quietly as Crystice slowly ate her meal. At one point, she suddenly spoke up, "Oh! I just remembered something!" Crystice's eyes glanced over at Emmra with mild interest, but she retained most of her focus on eating. Emmra lifted up the front of her dress partway, showing only up to her knees. She seemed surprised to see that there was nothing abnormal there. "I scraped myself earlier, but it's all gone now... how did it heal so fast?" Emmra asked Crystice, though kept staring at her knees for a while longer before letting her dress fall back down. Crystice held up a single finger to signify her to wait until she finished eating.

After her final swallow of the meal, Crystice began to speak, "That's because of the Lair. It's blessed with magic to accelerate your natural healing rate by several times. I don't remember by exactly how much so, but it is a very drastic boost. It also helps a lot with resting, which is why you don't need to sleep for too long before you feel fully awake." "Wow, that's very interesting," Emmra replied. "I actually don't remember a lot of the specifics. It's been a very long time since I've read anything about Lair magic. And even back then, I didn't read too deeply into it. I was just doing some light research for myself on some of the more basic rooms to learn about them, since there is never an opportunity to read about them otherwise." Crystice added. "Ah, I see!" Emmra replied simply.

"Oh, I just remembered this dream I had!" Emmra added. "We need to get going," Crystice cut her off before she could say anymore, "Tell me about it on the way, but stop when we reach the Guard Room." "Ok!" Emmra replied as the two sisters began to walk out of the Hatchery, "It was about my magic. And, well, a lot of things. But I guess mostly about my magic. I was learning about all kinds of techniques and spells, and... well it just reminded me a lot of moth-" Crystice suddenly gripped Emmra's wrist very tightly, causing her to jump, "That's enough, Emmra."

The two of them had stopped just when Crystice took hold of her sister, and they stood quietly by some of the Traps just outside the Guard Room. "Crystice?" Emmra whispered in a confused tone before she began trying to regain the freedom of her hand, "Let go! That hurts!" "Emmra..." Crystice spoke in a cold whisper, getting her sister to quiet down, "...Don't ever talk about them. I don't want to hear about them, and I don't want you telling anyone else about them. Alright?" Emmra struggled to find the right words, but all she could say was, "W-Why?" Crystice turned and gave her sister a fierce glare and spoke firmly, "I don't want to hear it, Emmra. Do not talk about them, and that is final. Understand?" Emmra stared back at her with innocent, frightened eyes before she looked down and muttered, "...Yes, sister."

Crystice said no words towards her sister and entered the Guard Room, with Emmra slowly following. The first thing Crystice saw was Suria as she bounced upon the map table. Crystice pointed towards the ground as she shouted at the Demon Spawn, "Suria, get down from there this instant!" Suria, however, seemed very reluctant to obey. Crystice gave another firm point and, with a hand on her hip, gave another strict command, "Now!" This time, however, the Demon Spawn complied, if still remaining a bit resistant. Crystice stepped up towards the map, paying little mind to the other occupants of the room. She studied the damaged and clawed but still legible map. She repeated Tesonu's words in her mind as she searched for possible locations to search during their hunt.

After finishing, she turned back towards the rest of the volunteer hunters. "Alright..." she started to say, but then paused when she realized something. Everyone in the Guard Room, save for Suria and obviously Emmra, were completely unknown to her. She knew not their faces nor their name, and she certainly received no briefing from Tesonu about them either... not that she should always rely on search. They could have been new recruits, in which case, they would be completely oblivious to the fact that she was Crystice, the one currently in charge of the hunt. She definitely needed to change that.

"I don't recognize most of you here... certainly not from the last battle. You must be new recruits. I am Crystice, and this..." Crystice opened a hand to Emmra briefly, "...is my sister, Emmra. I've already decided where we should go and search. We're looking for cold places, according to Tesonu. We should check all rooms wide in width and length as the torches probably can't keep them as warm as the rest of the dungeon, relatively speaking. Places with unreinforced walls, like down in the new Treasury beyond the Trap Room, are probably quite cold due to the lack of torches altogether. The Trap Room itself is likely very cold as all the metal from the Traps will absorb any heat. The Workshop may also be an option for that reason, but there's a lot of fires there so I'm not sure. There's also the Graveyard, and I think the Prison might be a choice. It's naturally a bit cold there due to its magic, simply to make it less comfortable for prisoners. The Lair and Hatchery aren't likely, due to the extra fires. And that should cover just about everything."

Emmra was, meanwhile, sitting by the entrance and a bit away from the other creatures. She wasn't really paying much attention to them, for she actually had many thoughts of her own that concerned her. She looked very detached from the situation and events surrounding her, instead appearing very gloomy. So much that she appeared to be ready to break into tears any second.

I know Crystice doesn't want to talk about mother or father, but I don't know why. She used to love them so very much. But then one day, I just saw her arguing with father... and then it seemed like... she stopped loving them. She was talking earlier towards me like how she did to father... does... does that mean she will stop loving me one day? If I upset her so much, will she just abandon me again, like she did with father? And leave me all alone like she did before? If... if that's it... then I... I...

~ ~ ~ Crystice ~ and ~ Emmra's ~ ~ ~
    Summary

Crystice/Emmra
    Health: 100%, 100% [+12% by Lair Sleep]
    Level: 5, 4
    Experience: 53/60, 39/45
    Gold in Hand: 0, 0
    Gold in Lair: 842, 650
    Equipment: None/Wizard Staff
    Location: Guard Room, by Table Map/Guard Room, By Entrance and Away from the Others
    Efficiency: 100%/89%

Summery: Crystice and Emmra woke up to Tesonu but rested a bit longer, talked a lot, went to the Hatchery, ate, went to the Guard Room, and Crystice introduced themselves after discussing locations to go for hunting.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; May 2nd, 2013 at 15:27. Reason: fixed smilies

Tesonu is napping!