Thread: How do I edit creatures .cfg files for the Original Campaign

Question How do I edit creatures .cfg files for the Original Campaign

Hello Keepers,
    after beating the campaign multiple times over the years I finally started play KeeperFX, and I love it.
    I've notice a couple of changes from the original game, like Reapers Having +10 Armor but much less Attack Power.
    I'd like to mess a bit with the stats and have some fun with custom creatures, I tried to edit a couple of .cfg files but they are not working at all. Nothing changed.
    My guess is that the main campaign creatures folder is the one in the main KeeperFX folder, but maybe I'm wrong and that's why don't see any changes in the game.
    Any helps?

Default Re: How do I edit creatures .cfg files for the Original Campaign

Hello, welcome.

The keeperfx\creatures folder is indeed the one that's being used for the main and most custom campaigns. But keep in mind that you'll only notice changes when you start a new game. So if you load a save, or even just press continue and start the campaign level fresh, you still get the old values. The save files have the configs stored inside of them.

One important thing to note, is that the original game had several bugs related to stats, which particularly harmed strong, high level units. A level 10 reaper in the original game was quite the weakling, almost all of his attacks would miss, he couldn't keep his speed up, his health and strength were limited beyond a certain point. So many of the stat changes you'll see are actually to compensate for the bug-fixes in keeperfx.

Default Re: How do I edit creatures .cfg files for the Original Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Hello, welcome.

The keeperfx\creatures folder is indeed the one that's being used for the main and most custom campaigns. But keep in mind that you'll only notice changes when you start a new game. So if you load a save, or even just press continue and start the campaign level fresh, you still get the old values. The save files have the configs stored inside of them.

One important thing to note, is that the original game had several bugs related to stats, which particularly harmed strong, high level units. A level 10 reaper in the original game was quite the weakling, almost all of his attacks would miss, he couldn't keep his speed up, his health and strength were limited beyond a certain point. So many of the stat changes you'll see are actually to compensate for the bug-fixes in keeperfx.
    Ahhh makes perfectly sense. Ty for your quick reply Mater!