Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two questions

Default Two questions

Sorry for bad english.

I install KeeperFX and now i have two questions.

1. Size of intro movie of very small and video dont scale on full screen. Why and what i can do to change that?

2. FPS in game is always 20 its ok? How i can change it on 60 or something?

Default Re: Two questions

1) The video is just that small. It's a 320x200 video, and we have much higher resolution screens nowadays. Monitors often don't accept such a low resolution anymore, but if yours does you can get the video full screen by editing keeperfx.cfg and changing the second entry of FRONTEND_RES to '320x200x8'.
    But KeeperFX simply does not stretch the video.

2) It's 20 FPS, this is what is was, and everything in the game is matched to '20 game turns per second'. So if you increase the frame rate to 60, you either get 3 identical frames, or a game that has been sped up 3 times. If you want the latter, you can set the -fps command line option to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    1) The video is just that small. It's a 320x200 video, and we have much higher resolution screens nowadays. Monitors often don't accept such a low resolution anymore, but if yours does you can get the video full screen by editing keeperfx.cfg and changing the second entry of FRONTEND_RES to '320x200x8'.
    But KeeperFX simply does not stretch the video.

2) It's 20 FPS, this is what is was, and everything in the game is matched to '20 game turns per second'. So if you increase the frame rate to 60, you either get 3 identical frames, or a game that has been sped up 3 times. If you want the latter, you can set the -fps command line option to 60.
    Thx for answers. About FPS i understand, fps will increase the game speed, old games worked like this i know it. I think i will not change this and will leave as is.

About intro video...if i choose 320x200x8 intro dont work, it simply does not show. Why keeperfx dont stretch video, original game have stretch movie?

Is there another way to make a full-screen video?

P.S.

And i have another question about game not keeperfx i think. In third mission where appear Warlocks, after i build Library Warlocks dont come from Portal and i dont know why? I cant finish this mission, its glitch or what?
    Last edited by Freeman; October 8th, 2019 at 15:48.

I don't know why KeeperFX doesn't scale the video to full screen. It's made that way, but why, I don't know.

And I don't know why you don't get any warlocks. I just tried the 3th level of the original campaign in KeeperFX 0.4.7U and when I build all 9 tiles of each room I immediately got a warlock. Do you have some gold and space in your lair? If so, and you don't get the warlocks please share your saved game.

I don't know why KeeperFX doesn't scale the video to full screen. It's made that way, but why, I don't know.

And I don't know why you don't get any warlocks. I just tried the 3th level of the original campaign in KeeperFX 0.4.7U and when I build all 9 tiles of each room I immediately got a warlock. Do you have some gold and space in your lair? If so, and you don't get the warlocks please share your saved game.
    Okay i attached the save file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The saved game doesn't open for me in KeeperFX 0.4.7, so it seems to be a saved game from an old version. Which one?

The saved game doesn't open for me in KeeperFX 0.4.7, so it seems to be a saved game from an old version. Which one?
    My version is "Dungeon Keeper FX ver 0.4.6.1670 (standard release)" i copy it from log file.

I downloaded it from here. Its top link on this page, maybe i need download unofficial release 0.4.7? Maybe is better than 0.4.6? =)

Sure, try that first, it's easier.

Sure, try that first, it's easier.
    Yes i try 0.4.7 and third mission now is good work, Warlocks has come from portal after i build Library. But i dont know what to do with intro.

Good.

For the intro, just put it to 640x480x32, which is supported by modern systems, and the intro is a bit smaller but still big enough to see. At this size the pixels are already big enough to poke your eyes out.