Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: New script commands

Imp

Default Re: New script commands

could some changes be made in the kill creature command?
    the addition of good_creatures and evil_creatures in the creatures part of the command
    and the player# in the criteria part of the command and perhaps all in the count part.

example
    Code:
    KILL_CREATURE(​[player],​[creature],​[criteria],​[count])
    KILL_CREATURE(​player0,​evil_creatures,player0,​all)
    it could be used in the same way as the creatures_leave_dungeon command when there is no portal available

a new idea for a command could be creatures leaving your dungeon when having to much good creatures.

Code:
    IF(PLAYER0,GOOD_CREATURES > 8)
    CREATURES_LEAVE_DUNGEON(​[PLAYER],​[CREATURE],​[CRITERIA],​[COUNT])
    ENDIF
    could be useful in a level with weak creatures, and the prison and torture chamber available.
    if the player only has spiders and tentacles and the heroes are all but the avatar available in the game in different areas of the level
    it could prevent having a ton of powerful creatures.

could the SET_CREATURE_TENDENCIES be used on rooms like the torture chamber, so that it would either convert or torture the victims to dead,
    but not always give the player a ghost
    or the prison to keep them alive instead of killing them and reverting to skeletons?

Code:
    SET_ROOM_TENDENCIES([PLAYER],[ROOM],[CRITERIA,[SETTING])
    SET_ROOM_TENDENCIES(PLAYER2,TORTURE,TORTURE,1) 0 = NO_GHOST 1 = GHOST 2  = CONVERT

SET_ROOM_TENDENCIES(PLAYER2,PRISON,STARVE,1) 1 = SKELETON 0 = NO_SKELETON

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    could some changes be made in the kill creature command?
    the addition of good_creatures and evil_creatures in the creatures part of the command
    and the player# in the criteria part of the command and perhaps all in the count part.

example
    Code:
    KILL_CREATURE(​[player],​[creature],​[criteria],​[count])
    KILL_CREATURE(​player0,​evil_creatures,player0,​all)
    What would the player# do when used as a criterion? How does it differ from the first player#? What would this do?
    KILL_CREATURE(PLAYER0,BILE_DEMON,PLAYER1,3)

I assume you want when you use 'Evil_creature' or 'good_creature' in this command for the game randomly kill any of those creatures fitting the criterion.

Having 'All' as count wouldn't add much, as you can already enter a number that is larger than the max number of creatures the game supports.

could the SET_CREATURE_TENDENCIES be used on rooms like the torture chamber, so that it would either convert or torture the victims to dead,
    but not always give the player a ghost
    or the prison to keep them alive instead of killing them and reverting to skeletons?

Code:
    SET_ROOM_TENDENCIES([PLAYER],[ROOM],[CRITERIA,[SETTING])
    SET_ROOM_TENDENCIES(PLAYER2,TORTURE,TORTURE,1) 0 = NO_GHOST 1 = GHOST 2  = CONVERT

SET_ROOM_TENDENCIES(PLAYER2,PRISON,STARVE,1) 1 = SKELETON 0 = NO_SKELETON
    I recently made a topic suggesting something like this. Click here for that topic or here for the feature requests I made.

My proposal was a bit different from yours not only on how the command could be formatted, but also giving a chance instead of a yes/no option. For example make 1 in 10 prisoners turn into skeletons instead of non/all.

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    What would the player# do when used as a criterion? How does it differ from the first player#? What would this do?
    KILL_CREATURE(PLAYER0,BILE_DEMON,PLAYER1,3)

I assume you want when you use 'Evil_creature' or 'good_creature' in this command for the game randomly kill any of those creatures fitting the criterion.

the player# as a criterion would kill the specified creature(s) of that player
    lets say that player0 has 10 bile_demons of different levels and combat experience
    KILL_CREATURE(​player0,​bile_demons,player0,10 ) would kill all the bile_demons player0 has

the evil_creatures or good_creatures command in the kill_creatures command
    would kill all evil_creatures the player# has instead of the most_experienced or the lowest level etc..
    not randomly select a creature that fits the criteria.
    so you don't need to specify a creature and what criteria it should have, to be killed.

your command would let player0 kill 3 bile_demons of player1
    when certain specifics are met, like action points, timers or kills or lost battles
    considering that kill_creatures are usually used within an IF command.

Seems like you don't fully understand how the command works right now. How can a script command let player0 kill creatures of player1? It is the script that does it.
    The current script does what you want:
    Code:
    IF(PLAYER0,SORCEROR >= 10)
       KILL_CREATURE(PLAYER1,GHOST,LEAST_EXPERIENCED,255)
    ENDIF
    This script kills all ghosts of player1 when player0 has at least 10 Warlocks.

When you say that when you use 'EVIL_CREATURES' as criteria you kill all, that doesn't work like that when you only want to kill 3 creatures. I think it would be much better to have the 'EVIL_CREATURES' command be used instead of the [creature] parameter. So you can kill the 3 most experienced creatures (if you have 5 level 10 creatures it would have to randomly select 3 out of those 5 still) or all creatures/heroes if you want to.

I would like to see 'RANDOM' as a criterion, but Mefisto has decided against that. The function is already there but he did not unlock it in the script.
    Last edited by YourMaster; June 18th, 2015 at 13:08.

Imp

your command would only kill the least_experienced ghosts, so if you have 3 level 4, 2 level 6 and 1 level 10 ghost it would only kill the level 4 ghosts considering they are least_experienced.
    the player# as a criteria would kill the level 4,6 and 10 ghosts.

the idea is that if you convert heroes all your evil_creatures die when reaching the >? limit when not having a portal to run if you could use the Leave_dungeon command

your command would only kill the least_experienced ghosts, so if you have 3 level 4, 2 level 6 and 1 level 10 ghost it would only kill the level 4 ghosts considering they are least_experienced.
    No it does not. It does what I say it does. If I have two level 3, two level 5 and two level 10 and the command is used to kill the 3 least experienced ghosts I'll end up with two level 10 ghosts and randomly one of the level 5 ghosts.

Imp

aha, so if you would set it to 6 or 7 you lose all your ghosts,
    but that would mean that for every creature you would want to kill you must create a separate line in the script

KILL_CREATURE(PLAYER1,EVIL_CREATURES,LEAST_EXPERIE NCED,255)
    should theoretically kill all the evil_creatures controlled by player1?

aha, so if you would set it to 6 or 7 you lose all your ghosts,
    but that would mean that for every creature you would want to kill you must create a separate line in the script

KILL_CREATURE(PLAYER1,EVIL_CREATURES,LEAST_EXPERIE NCED,255)
    should theoretically kill all the evil_creatures controlled by player1?
    Yes. And you indeed have to add one command for each creature type to make this work, so being allowed to substitute the [creature] parameter with TOTAL/EVIL/GOOD_CREATURES would indeed be a nice addition.
    When the RANDOM command will be implemented in KeeperFX as planned (which will not be in a long while) it is possible to accomplish the same thing if you put the command in a loop.

is it possible to make a command, that gives the first keeper that reaches an actionpoint some creatures?

Code:
    IF_ACTION_POINT(1,PLAYER0)
    	QUICK_INFORMATION(1,"MY WIFE FOR HIRE",1)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER0,ZEALOT,1,1,8,0)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER0,ZEALOT,1,2,7,0)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER0,ZEALOT,1,1,6,500)
    ENDIF

IF_ACTION_POINT(1,PLAYER1)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER1,ZEALOT,1,1,8,0)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER1,ZEALOT,1,2,7,0)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER1,ZEALOT,1,1,6,500)
    ENDIF

IF_ACTION_POINT(1,PLAYER2)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER2,ZEALOT,1,1,8,0)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER2,ZEALOT,1,2,7,0)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER2,ZEALOT,1,1,6,500)
    ENDIF

IF_ACTION_POINT(1,PLAYER3)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER3,ZEALOT,1,1,8,0)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER3,ZEALOT,1,2,7,0)
    	ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER3,ZEALOT,1,1,6,500)
    ENDIF
    The above will produce;
    One level 8 Zealot carrying no gold.
    Two level 7 Zealots carrying no gold.
    One level 6 Zealot carrying 500 gold.
    For whoever hits it first. Action points need to be reset using the RESET_ACTION_POINT trigger so once any one of those scripts has been run, the others won't activate. The only problem is it's inefficient in regards to IF's used, but you're probably not at the level where you'll overspend that just yet.

Is there a specific reason you need to do this by a script? You could just use neutral creatures.