Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Crystal Islands

Default Re: Red Crystal Islands

Chuckles didn't need to give a reply, or at least he didn't seem to think it was necessary, he just started to creep into the dungeon with or without his Spider companion.

"You never answered my question. I knew you wouldn't bother holding a conversation with me. It tends to make people very depressed for some reason."

Zelne tried to keep up with Chuckles.

"Question?"

"My question" Chuckles said as they walked into a small dusty cavern that may have once been a small square room.

"'Why did you join this dungeon Zelne. Why make the choice to join some one's command and not make the choice to cut off all your legs and to mail them to your parents.'" He said quoting himself on a sigh.

Chuckles looked about the room he was in, something all spiders were good at.

Zelne spoke softly once they entered the dungeon.

"Oh, well... Mostly because... my parents died..."

Hmmm, most arachnids in the employment of Keepers seem to be dealing with parental issues... must remember to investigate further.

Chuckles was too busy looking over the room to offer a reply instantly; he was pondering how the room resembled one of them fossils of ancient dragons that Warlocks keep talking about.

"You're parents are dead. And mine are still alive." Chuckes said as he inspected foot prints of long dead goblins. "And yet I seem to be suffering from greater depression than you."

"Everyone express their saddness in different ways."

Yes, Chuckles thought, The room is now made of dust and rock and yet it still holds the shape and image of a living dungeon in a perverted lifeless way. Time has turned the once lively creature to a think of dirt and blandness.

"So you are quiet and shy. Your depression doesn't resemble mine. I don't think you or anyone will understand-"

Chuckles' two trails of thought met as he crawled out of the room deeper into the dungeon.

"Why are we searching this dungeon?" He realized he didn't know. This depressed him further.

"Well, the Keeper asked us too, and we might find some stuff here." Zelne said as she pressed a Lazer Cannon's fire button with one of her legs. It did nothing, it was broken.

Chuckles was (Surprise surprise!) saddened that the possibility of a spider understanding him had been snatched from his web. He fell into his routine of doing what his keeper told him and edged his way down the corridor, ignoring the side rooms.

"Are you not going to ask me a question." Chuckles asked idly.

"Not really..."

Chuckles saw no point in saying "Fine then"

Suddenly the quiet motionless dead dungeon was filled with movement as two barbarians span round the corner just in front of Chuckles and sneered down at him with their hammers in hands.

"You're going to kill me now aren't you?"

"How depressing."

Zelne stepped back, and whispered to Chuckles.

"W-we can take them...!"

Chuckles sighed.

"If we must."

Chuckles leapt forwards and sank his hairy messy fangs so deep into the human's leg they jutted out the other side.

"Aaaahhhh! That's my best leg!" the Barbarian yelled. The other bigger barbarian lifted his hammer up high meaning to splatter Chuckles into a depressed omelet.

Zelne jumped onto the other Barbarian and bit his arm, causing him to swing the opposite way and barely misses his buddy.

Chuckles' fangs slipped out of the smaller human's leg.

"Why did you do that to my leg I like to walk with that leg now I'm going to have to learn how to fly but I don't know where my wings areeeeee......" He started drooling at the mouth.

"It seems that the venom of my species of spider acts as a narcotic. That's very depressing." Chuckled commented while being temporarily unaware of Zelne and her battle.

The Barbarian, that Zelne is attacking, rips her off of him, and throws her at Chuckles.

"Day! Duddy! Dang din dhere!" The Barbarian said to his 'poisoned' buddy.

"What's wrong with you dude? Why you doing this to me dude? Duuude, why'd you never say you loved me duuuude why do we never talk about what happened under the bridge that time?"

Chuckles looked at the two barbarians in utter bemusement.

"Duuuuuuuuuuude" *Thunk*

The drugged barbarian clubbed his friend over the head and looked down with a dumb look on his face at his unconscious buddy.

"Uh, do we attack now, or let that... thing attack his friend?" Zelne whispered to Chuckles.

"I'm not sure which end would be more pitiful for them." Chuckles looked round the corner to see the room they were previously guarding.

"Oh look. They died to protect a room full of dirt." Chuckles gently pushed the drugged barbarian onto his back where he flayed around like an upturned tortoise unable to get back up.

"Should we bother to carry on. The dungeon heart must be close and very dead by now."

"We might as well, and get this over with."

Chuckles eased himself threw the once hallways. Already he could sense the void of a dead dungeon heart. Having worked with keepers for so long he could find a heart in no time. But chuckles being chuckles it would take him a very long time to get anywhere. So he tried to get his spider companion to talk about him again.

"How terrible has life under the rule of a keeper been like so far."

"Well, not too bad. It's kinda like a job."

Chuckles rotated round and looked at the spider with all eight of his misplaced eyes. "It starts off as a job, yes, yes, but then the very next day you wake up and it's 20 YEARS LATER! You're old and ugly and have no friends and your spunky sense of humour has LONG been lost! The Keepers don't want your employment, NO! They, want, your, soul!"

"Get out while you still can!"

"..."

Zelne rushes ahead of Chuckles to the destroyed Dungeon Heart.

Chuckles slowly catches up and looks down at the crushed monument of evil.

"We found it. Lets go back to the Keeper for now."

"You go one without me..." Chuckles whispered, humbled by the dead thing before him.

"...Okay." Zelne mumbled before leaving for the Dungeon.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Ririi
    Quiet Deadly Assassinating Female Goblin

Lair

Ririi awoke and looked up at the ceiling. She felt safe... but she then got up and made her way to the Hatchery, grabbed a Chicken, and then returned to her Lair, falling fast asleep again.

Not too long later, she forced herself awake and entered the Training Room, and began to do the obvious.

Name: Ririi
    Health: 175/70%
    Level: 2.4
    Mood: Happy
    Gold: 274
    Job: Training

Summery: Ririi got up, got food, and began training.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Zelne the Spider

As Zelne was about to leave the Destroyed Dungeon, she went into the room where the Thiefs used to be and grabbed as much gold as she could.

Zelne picked up 200 gold.

Zelne then makes her way back to her Keeper's Dungeon.

INTERMISSION!
    Go get yourself snacks... TOO LATE!

Zelne walks into the Treasury, and drops the 199 coins she managed to hold, one got lost in the water.

Zelne dropped 199 gold into the Treasury!

"It may not be much, Keeper... But it can help you... right?" Zelne asked.

Feeling exhausted, but not sleepy, Zelne goes to the Lair.

Lair

Zelne goes into her lair, and rests inside of it.
    =============================
    Health : 70%
    Zelne is in the lair, resting.
    Level : 2
    Mood : Normal
    Efficiency : 0%
    Summary : Zelne grabbed 199 gold from the DD, went to the Treasury and dropped it off, and is now resting in the lair.

Ririi
    Zelne the Shy(ish) Spider

Training Room

Ririi stopped stabbing the training dummy, still a little week from her injury, and decided to go back to bed. She dragged herself to the Lair and saw Zelne. She shrieked loudly enough to wake up Zelne.

"EEWWWW!!!" she backed away while using a tone of disgust, "It's that disgusting Spider!!" Zelne looks up at Ririi, "Good to see you're all healed up already..." "Get out of the Lair!" Ririi commanded, "I need to sleep!" "Well, I need to rest too. Can't you just ignore me?" Zelne said to Ririi who replied, "No! You're so hideous and ugly! Look at you!"

OOC(*Insert Spider Closeup Image*, run Who-horny run!)

Ririi began poking Zelne with her sword point, staying a safe distance. Zelne smacked the sword away, getting a cut on her leg.

"Can you not poke me?" Zelne asked. Ririi hissed, "You're so disgusting! You don't belong in Master Kuroki's beautiful dungeon!" "...What did you say?" Zelne said with a edge to her voice. "You're ugly!" Ririi repeated, beginning to poke Zelne again.

Zelne grabs Ririi's sword, "You said I didn't belong in this Dungeon." "You don't belong in Master Kuroki's magnificent dungeon! You and that depressed other thing should leave! Only the best like me and Kosov!" Ririi told Zelne. "No one is 'the best', there are only good and hard workers!" Zelne hissed as she yanks Ririi's sword.

Ririi takes out her knife and then begins twirling it and other fancy tricks with it in her hand. She suddenly stopped and gripped it firmly in stabbing position.

"Which you're not..." Ririi whispered, "You're simply going to sleep out of laziness... I am because I'm hurt..." "And you would of died if I didn't help you."

Zelne tries to shove Ririi back. Ririi swings her knife at Zelne.

"I was in front of you, meaning you would have died if I wasn't there!" Ririi told her. "Stop threatening me!" Zelne hissed.

Zelne swings her two front legs at Ririi. Ririi put her knife up in defense as Zelne slams down her legs onto the knife. Ririi, as quickly as she could, pulled out a dagger and attempted to slam it in Zelne's body. Zelne raised her third leg and swinged it in attempt to block the dagger.

Frustrated by Zelne literally holding the upper-hand, Ririi tried to kick Zelne away. Zelne was kicked in the face, and backed away from Ririi, but her legs are still in attack position. Ririi returned to her normal stance.

"You stupid bug!" Ririi snared, "Why do you have to come here and ruin everything? Such an ugly little creature!" Zelne just hissed.

Zelne lunges at Ririi. Ririi sidesteps, recieving a small strike on her left cheek.

"You're a waste to Master Kuroki!" Ririi shouted fiercely.

Zelne swings all her four legs on the side Ririi sidestepped. Ririi was thumped in the stomach and accidentally cast Slow on Zelne. Zelne turns to strike Ririi with her front legs, but was taking a bit longer to hit Ririi.

Ririi easily dodged with such speed, and laughed at the slow Spider.

"You're too slow!" Ririi mocked her, "Give it up!"

Zelne continued to swing her legs at Ririi, determinded to not give up. Ririi was dodging Zelne so fast that Zelne was embarressing herself. She kept laughing until she felt a strike across her face, now that the Slow wore off, and Ririi regretted not attacking her while she was slowed.

Zelne tries to jump onto Ririi. Ririi panicked for a moment and cast Slow, only to miss and strike a torch, slowing the fire's abilities. Ririi readied her knife and backed away a bit.

"We fight as good as any other Creature!" Zelne hissed at Ririi, "You have no right to tell us to leave!" "Eww... how can an ugly Spider be useful?" Ririi questioned, and Zelne answered, "I'll show you!"

Zelne, enraged at Ririi, swipes four of her legs down at Ririi. Ririi grabs one with her hand, and cuts another with a knife, but is knocked to the ground before being able to do any real damage. Zelne got on top of Ririi to pin her down.

With the knife still in Ririi's hand, she twirled it about to try and cut Zelne's leg. Zelne didn't notice Ririi still had a knife, and was cut deeply on one of her legs. Zelne used a leg to hit the hand holding the Knife.

The knife flew at the slow-motion fire. Being unable to draw one of her daggers, Ririi attempted to kick Zelne off. Zelne was kicked off, but has leveled up during the fighting.

"Do you still think we can't be useful!?" Zelne hissed. "You're good as bait you ugly little thing!" "As are you!" Zelne retorted. "Idiot!" Ririi shot back, "I'm a stealth scout! I'm not meant for frontal assault!" "As I said before, so am I! But all you ever do is complain, insult me, and now just threatened me! What will the Keeper think of you for this!?" Zelne questioned.

Ririi didn't reply at first, but then said, "Quality over quantity!" "Moron!" Zelne hissed.

Zelne raises her front body, and spat out web at Ririi.

"Uhg! Disgusting!" Ririi replied when she was caught in the web as she tried to reach her dagger.

Zelne grabbed Ririi's legs, and dragged her away from the dagger.

"I don't see you ever able to web a enemy." Zelne teased.

Ririi struggled a bit, but couldn't get out of it. There was a slight opening in the web, and her hand could slip through barely. She cast Slow on Zelne. Zelne was slowed, annoyed at Ririi, Zelne threw the Goblin.

Ririi managed to rip out of the web and tore most of it off. Before her Slow wore off, Ririi ran around trying to grab her weapons. As Ririi was running around for her weapons, Zelne spat more web at her.

Ririi grabbed her dagger, to find her leg covered in web. She quickly freed herself from it, but with such speed it came with the price of cutting her ankle quite a bit. Zelne stood still, in a defensive stance.

Ririi ran for her knife, a bit slower because of her hurt leg. Seeing Ririi being a bit slow, Zelne lunges for Ririi. With Ririi's hurt leg and her Slow still in effect, Ririi had an equal chance to grab the knife. She leaped for it and felt Zelne slam onto her hurt leg.

Ririi let out a short painful shriek as she grabbed the knife, and held it tightly. She then did a pull up and attempted to stab Zelne's body with her knife. Zelne felt a sharp pain in the middle of her body, causing her to screech in pain. Zelne flew into a rage, and swung six of her legs at Ririi.

Ririi blocked two with her arm but left it bruised. The other smacked her chest and she began to cough up blood terribly as she was struck where the Thief hit her, and it still wasn't fully healed.

Ririi moved her feet wildly about at Zelne's face. Zelne continued to pummel Ririi before jumping back, off of Ririi. After taking more serious injuries, Ririi began to lay there motionless. After a moment, Zelne walked to Ririi.

"Uh..." Zelne mumbled as she softly poked the Goblin.

Ririi did not respond at all. Zelne backed away.

"No..." Zelne mumbled.

In her terror, Zelne flees to the Portal.

"I'm sorry Keeper! I'm... Here, take your gold back... It's in my lair..." Zelne whimpered. "Stupid Goblin..." Zelne then mumbled as she jumped down the Portal.

Life sprang into Ririi as she got up.

Damn, I just needed her a little closer...

Ririi gripped tightly the knife in her hand.

Zelne has left your Dungeon!

Now for the depressed Spider freak... after I take a rest... or... later... I want to grab some more gold from that place...

Ririi dumped any and all gold she had on her into her Lair. She was sure there were no more than just the two Thieves, and Zelne and her had killed them.

Ririi slowly made her way to the exit of Kuroki's dungeon, and slowly dragged herself through the water. She felt unusually greedy. But eventually she reached the the dungeon, and stepped inside.

She took a turn and spotted the gold. As she continued on, the Barbarians spot her. She looked at them for a moment, and they charged at her. Ririi managed to stick her knife in one of their chests but recieved a smack in the face shortly after.

Ririi flew back against the wall, and felt another wham but on her left arm, breaking it. She fell with a thump and did not get back up.

Health: 2.5/1%
    Level: 3.5
    Mood: N/A
    Job: Unconscious

Summery: Ririi left the Training Room and argued with Zelne. They had a long battle where Ririi picked up several injuries, including a cut across her ankle and several bruises along with the re-opening of her preveious severe injury.

She also leveled up and played dead, thinking Zelne would lose her guard so she could attack. Zelne left and Ririi wanted to grab more gold from the Neutral Dungeon. She was beaten by the Barbarians and her left arm was broken.

Tesonu is napping!

The late dungeon's unbeating heart

Chuckles was mesmerised by the site of it. Being some one who severed Keepers for so long and so well his mind was always particularity open to the influence of a Keeper, and he could feel a part of his mind opening up to this dead keeper.

But there was nothing to fill it.

The dungeon was complex and well crafted into hallways, but it wasn't; it was just dirt and caves now.

As chuckles hung there he could feel his mind unraveling, he could tell that he was about to come to the great conlution that the Dark Gods promised him back in the library-

Sup.

"What? Who are you?"

I'm a Dark God or something.

"No you're not. Dark Gods are dark because they're never seen in the light, and I can see you perfectly right now."

Okay, so I'm not actually a dark god

"Why do you have antlers?"

You're suffering a hallucination! Now you're meant to have some dramatic revelation about now and suddenly you'll realise that you have the power to change your life even though you're old and ugly.

"Go on then."

Hmmm?

"Make me have the dramatic revelation!"

Pifft. Too much effort. I'll just stand around here until you get it.

"So we just sit here for hours waiting for me to have a spontaneous life changing revelation?"

Look! Do you want me to make up some flimsy excuse for why you realize your life sucks and you have the power to change it even though it will be difficult because all you've been for the last 40 years of your life is a depressing, hairy collection of legs?

"Yes. Yes I would."

Fine! Hmmmmm, so this dead keeper then! What was he doing here hmmm?

"Dyeing."

No not just! Well, maybe. But also, why did he come here? There's nothing here but the storm and a few islands right?

"So?"

So maybe a keeper, the most evil and restless beings in existence decided to have a change of pace and to retire? hmmmm?

"That doesn't sound likely at all...."

You're hopeless you are. Maybe I'll just leave you here in your current state of mind so you can live 40 more years and die just as boring as you are now.

"But I don't know how to be anything else. And none of it will matter once I'm dead."

Do you think that heart cares that it's dead? No! It's all dust! It's not about the ending! It's about the journey! Think about all the life that passed threw this dungeon. Sure it's no different from any other dungeon , but it's the only life this dungeon knew. And this is the only life you're going to get.

"Actually I'm a firm believer in reincarnation."

GAH! I HATE you! I'm going to leave you here and go convince a cowardly warlock that he needs to come to terms with what happened to him and to be able to trust over people. Have fun with your 40 more years of depression!

*poof!*

Chuckles found him self on the floor. He couldn't help but think that was a really lazy narrative technique. He picked him self up and started to crawl away thinking about things...

WAIT WAIT WAIT! I almost forgot. Err, there's a thingy-majigg burred under that fallen bit of rock there that is kind'a important to the plot. So could you go and pick it up and give it to your keeper?

"I thought I just stopped hallucinating?" Oh piss off you smart arse.

Chuckles did as he was told and found something that wasn't dirt under the dirt.

It was a book.

Made out of Iron and Orc Skin it had withstood the test of time. Chuckles' eight eyes trailed over the pages. It was written in code. He'd have to take it back to the library if he was to translate it.

Chuckles looked down at it.

I haven't got any hands! How am I meant to carry this?

"Oh, woe is me."

After thumbeling about with it between his mandibles and dropping it a few times Chuckles finally made his way back to his dungeon.

...but then came across Ririi

Chuckles looked down at her with the book in his mouth.

Summery: Chuckles had a revelation that he should try to enjoy life. He foudn a book written in code, and then found Rirri.
    Last edited by Who-horny; December 22nd, 2009 at 17:57.

"Oh, no! Ririi, what have you done!?"

Kuroki said angrily seeing Zelne leave. But Ririi couldn't hear him. She was already knocked unconscious, and is now in a room with 2 barbarians and Chuckles.

"This does not bode well... Hang in there, Cha! I'll go get some help. Head south to meet with the reinforcements."

Saying this, Kuroki built a Bridge heading north to the destroyed dungeon. He grabbed Kosov and an Imp and dropped them at the end of the Bridge.

"Imp, dig those rocks ahead of you. Kosov, I need you to help Cha. He should be coming toward you. He's engaging 2 barbarians. I need you to assist him. Head north to meet with him when these rocks are out of the way."

After Kuroki finished his speech, Imp finished breaking through the rocks, leaving a clear path north.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Eixe the Goblin

A Hatchet is swung into the Portal's edge, as Eixe uses it to climb up the Portal.

"Finally, that climb was beginning to tire me out!" Eixe mumbled as she dusts off the dirt on her clothing.

Eixe walks to the Dungeon Heart, which was just straight ahead.

"Hi Keeper Kuroki! I'm Eixe, pleased to meet you!"

After introducing herself, she makes her way to the Lair, and creates one near another Goblin's lair. After a bit of exploring, Eixe found the Training Room and started training.
    ================================================== ====
    Health : 100%
    Eixe is training.
    Level : 1
    Mood : Happy
    Efficiency : 80%
    Summary : Eixe introduced herself, made a lair, and is training.

"Ah, a new recruit. Welcome to my domain, Eixe. Unfortunatelly, we'll have to skip the formalities. I need you to assist us in a rescue mission."

After this, Kuroki's Hand of Evil grabbed Eixe and dropped her behind Kosov.

"You've got some backup now, Kosov. Her name is Eixe, she's our newest recruit."

"Eixe, there are two enemy barbarians north of you. Assist Kosov - the warlock in front of you - and Cha - the spider that should be coming your way - in eliminating these insolent creatures."

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Eixe the Goblin

Eixe was training, until she was picked up and dropped onto Bridge, behind a Warlock. Eixe got up, carefully too for obvious reasons.

"You're Kosov? Pleased to meet you!" Eixe happily greeted Kosov.

"Two Barbarians? A challenge already!" Eixe excitedly whispered to herself.

Eixe looked on ahead, into the DD.

"Well then, Kosov, shall we get moving?" Eixe asked as she walked into the DD, with her Hatchet out.
    ================================================== =======
    Health : 100%
    Eixe is in the first 'room' of the DD.
    Level : 1
    Mood : Happy
    Efficiency : 80%
    Summary : Eixe greeted Kosov as she walked into the DD.

Ririi

Neutral Dungeon

Ririi opened her eyes for a moment and spot the cyan Goblin and Kosov. She reached out to them, too injured to actually speak.

Health: 2.5/1%
    Level: 3.5
    Mood: N/A
    Job: Reaching out.

Summery: Ririi woke up and reached out to Eixe and Kosov.

Tesonu is napping!