Page 93 of 139 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Northland Iceland

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Default Re: Northland Iceland

_ _ _

Admortis was staring at his feet, as his father had told him to. "Don't do anything to catch their eye," he'd said in a loving but worried tone. "Nobody needs to die for this. We'll say we had no leader. We'll admit our insolence. We were drunk or angry due to a clan war. It doesn't matter, so long as you're safe."

But it did matter. That had been a week ago. Now, the knight amongst the heroes come for their vengeance, Sir Harry, was being unnecessarily rough as he forced each of Admortis' clan members to hand over their gold and other valuables, snatching freely offered goods. Amber pebbles, silver ingots and even woven bands, of nothing but sentimental value, were extorted from his kith and kin. When the knight was done with his collection, he rejoined his men in their concave formation that rendered the goblins trapped in their humble cave.

One of his men, one garbed in a red robe, turned to him and whispered in his ear. The knight nodded and spoke loudly "I do believe there is still the matter of the blood tax. One thousand gold pieces for each of our own slain. You have paid most with your valuables, but there is still an outstanding fee. For this, we shall choose one of you at random, to serve in our fine lord's holdings as a servant."

The heroes began talking amongst themselves, making it apparent that the draw would by no means be random at all. When they had finished their discussions, the red robed man stepped forward and pointed at a goblin in the clan's crowd. Aquila. My betrothed, why you?, he remembered thinking.

Admortis' head darted up, his eyes full of fear. He stared at his father, who shook his head violently, mouthing 'no'.

The to-be goblin knight stepped forward. "Sure, you could take her. Or perhaps you'd rather take the instigator of the revolt, the man before you?"

A cheer went up amongst the heroes. The knight clapped the red robed man on the back, laughing. "Your ploy worked flawlessly, Mordaine. Well done." The plate-clad man stepped forward and jerked Admortis towards the heroes lines, where he was clapped in iron shackles. The knight spat on him. "Your execution will be shortly, knave, but not in this lousy company. The mothers, wives and children of the men you've had killed will want so see your head roll." The knight gave a whistle, and he and his men began to leave the cave in ordered discipline, dragging Admortis along behind them. Nobody amongst the goblins stirred, except to wail in pain, terror or sadness.

The last Admortis saw of his clan was Aquila's face, red-eyed and moist with tears, before he was dragged out into the blinding light of the overworld.

_ _ _

Admortis' eyes snapped open and he jerked himself upright. How long have I been out? What's happening? Part of him knew; Tesonians were embroiled in combat somewhere, and he knew how to find them. Quickly tying on his sword belt and fastening the straps that attached his shield to his arm, he left the workshop in a hurry, failing to notice its other occupants as he rushed towards the trap room. As he drew closer to it, the noises of battle became audible, even deafening. When he stepped through the steel door, known affectionately as Pippy (apparently), he began to survey the battlefield.

It was, quite honestly, a mess.

He drank in the sights, attempting to decide what to do. When a trio of the heroes - guards, all - betrayed their allies and began fighting keeper Hannibal's minions, Admortis was perplexed. More than perplexed, though, as he began to seethe with anger. Turncloaks. It mattered not to him that one of them aided his battle commander, Crystice, in defeating a skeleton, he was of a mind with Hannibal's champion, Viviona, who surprised him with her voracity in with she approached killing the traitors. Death to them before death to us, he noted, pleased.

Admortis began to move across the battlefield slowly, taking his time as he moved. He still didn't entirely understand the situation, so he wanted a few more moments to decide on his committal to the battle. He stopped and panicked briefly when an explosion rocked the room, but the force was largely dissipated when it reached him, sufficient only to stagger him. On his remaining walk, he watched the guards and Viviona exchange words and saw Luis meet his not at all untimely end, and watched the black knight and the remaining two guards continue to exchange blows, and also looked on, bemused, as the psychopathic dark elf Ithique bit off more than he could chew, though he appeared to take out his immediate foe as he himself was taken out.

Admortis was nearly at his goal - the remaining two guards. Two goblins were slightly to their north, fighting back to back as they faced an onslaught of his allies' blows. Admortis came from the north-east of the relatively dense group of people, ready to engage with the guard Lena. He unsheathed his sword and brought it down to waist level, ready to step the traitorous fool in the back. The guard, however, noted this act and, with her right hand, forced the length of the spear though her left hand, causing the bottom of its shaft to hit Admortis in the chest with a blunt force, which did insignificant damage but stunned him with shock and a slight winding. Despite his own failing, Admortis' very presence turned the tide in his perceived favour, as the delay caused to Lena gave Viviona the time necessary to score a sharp blow on Largo.

Admortis hoped her appreciation would be at least slightly tangible.

"Viviona," he started, bringing his sword back in an arc whilst he protected his torso from potentially another spear-butt move from Lena with his shield, "I think you can appreciate here that we in service to Tesonu are not your true foes. These heroic scum are." He punctuated his words by bringing his sword down on Lena's right shoulder. Unfortunately, Admortis' shoddy sword was so pock-marked with pits and so blunt that it failed to pierce the guard's armour, though it did cause a large blunt force that appeared to disable the guard's arm. She offered Viviona only weak resistance with her spear wielded in her left hand as Viviona slashed at her.

Viviona merely laughed, "Hah! Do you honestly believe I would let my guard down so easily? You're just as much my enemy as they are! The only difference is that you'll end up in a proper grave instead of becoming decoration for Hannibal's dungeon!"

Admortis drew back his sword, ready to strike the guard again. "Not at all. You keeping your guard up is exactly what I and my kin need. We need to get the bottom of Hannibal's enslavement, and want to end it as much as you do. In this, we are of one mind. What would you have of me that I might prove this?"

"There is nothing.... Nothing you would do!" Viviona answered before parrying one of Largo's attacks. She then gave a quick swing of her glaive and struck his face, though his helmet absorbed the blow. He quickly regained his balance and began blocking a fury of attacks from the Black Knight as she continued, "It would have to be something that offers undeniable proof that you would aid me, such as killing that girl, this Commander of yours! But even if you proved yourself to me and free Hannibal, what then!? We will be enemies again. Better I kill you now rather than give you an opportunity to stab me in the back... like this damned treasonous bastard!"

Viviona began throwing more of her rage within her swings, knocking Largo's spear left and right as he tried to block and resist. It only created openings, openings of which she took advantage of. She yelled back at Admortis, "As soon as I finish him off, you're next! Don't worry, I'll make sure you die a quick death for distracting the girl! It's better than any fate your master will visit upon you for this!"

Admortis stabbed at his guard foe, who had by now turned to face him. She had brought her spear across her torso to block the move, but the angle of his blade meant that most of the force went into her stomach anyway, though once again Admortis' blow failed to piece her armour. He had to block then, though, for she had begun assaulting him.

"I'll admit, dying to a foe such of you would be most honourable, but killing Cedric and freeing Hannibal would be more glorious, so I'll have to reject your offer. You think I'm the only Tesonian who wants Hannibal free? Not so. Need I remind you that you and yours are attacking my masters dungeon? We are not the aggressors. Do you think that these bastard guards are alone in their treason? They are like to be part of some organized coup, to kill the last vestiges of Hannibal's loyal minions, sealing his doom. Don't let that happen. Retreat now with what you have left. Take me prisoner, unarmed if you wish, for my allies' good behavior. Anything to kill the bastard heroes. Don't let them win."

Admortis punctuated his words with exchanges with the guard, receiving some minor scrapes and wounds from her but, with repeated blows, piercing the armour at her right shoulder. A path to her heart was open, and he'd soon take it.

"I laugh at your ignorance of the true situation! But I'll be more than happy to take you prisoner. I'll take you along with that Dark Elf over there! It'll look better if I don't return empty-handed, after all."

Admortis blocked a powerful blow from his opponent with his shield which left her dangerously open. Lifting his blade up so that that it pointed down, he forced it down into the rupture of the guard's armour. It found its mark, her heart. The guard slumped over, dead, and Admortis had to step back in order to prevent her falling on him.

He was prepared to go round and flank Viviona's own foe, but found that unnecessary, for the remaining guard was a foot off the ground, impaled on her dangerously sharp glaive, which glistened with blood.

Admortis sheathed his sword, not bothering to wipe the blood off it first. It was a terrible piece of work already, well past due of replacement. "Very well, knight. I am ready to depart when you are."

Right after Admortis finished his words, Viviona struck him across the face with the butt end of her glaive almost as hard as she could. Almost, because she didn't want to do more damage than necessary. "Hah! I never said anything about you being conscious! As if I'm fool enough to show you the layout of Hannibal's dungeon!"

Summary
    Events: Backstory stuff. Then Admortis awoke and entered the battlefield. There, he engaged with/flanked Lena, whom he fought whilst simultaneously talking with Viviona, attempting to sway her to accept an alliance. He has been rendered unconscious by the black knight after offering himself as a prisoner and slaying Lena. Largo was also slain, but by Viviona's hand.
    Health: 65% [-20% from guard Lena, -15% from Viviona's bash]
    Level: 5.15 [+0.10 short melee exchange]
    Gold in Hand: 0, 0
    Location: South of trap room, between Hannibal's support and goblins.
    Efficiency: 0%

Battle Status:

Allies
    Code:
    LV6 F TENTACLE "Tara":   88% - [Changed] <Protect/Frozen> {Freeze Ready, ProtectS Charging}
                      Center of Room, Attacking Balina

LV4 M TENTACLE "Tent":   50% - [Unchanged] {Freeze Charging}
                      Western Side of the Room

LV6 M GUARD "Largo":   0% - Dead [-63%, executed by Viviona] 
    LV5 F GUARD "Lena":     0% - Dead [-67%, slashed by Viviona, ended by Admortis] 
    LV4 M TENTACLE "Toe":     0% - Dead
    LV3 M TENTACLE "Testi":   0% - Dead
    LV5 M GUARD    "Luis":    0% - Dead

Enemies
    Code:
    LV9 F BLACK KN "Viviona":   77% - [Unchanged] <Protect/Speed> {Sight, SpeedS/ProtectS Charging}
                      At Southern Entrance, preparing organized retreat.  

LV7 M GOBLIN   "Giramor":   77% - [Unchanged] <Protect/Rebound> {Sight, ReboundS/ProtectG Charging}
                      Near Southern Entrance, Attacking Rob, Slowly Moving Towards Southern Entrance

LV7 F GOBLIN   "Balina":    84% - [Unchanged] <Protect/Rebound> {HealS Ready, ReboundS/HealG Charging}
                      Near Southern Entrance, Attacking Dreggory/Daryl/Tara, Slowly Moving Towards Southern Entrance, Missing Shield

LV7 F MISTRESS "Fyla":     100% - [Unchanged] <Speed> {Shine/Drain, SpeedS/Teleport Charging}
                      At Southern Entrance, Awaiting orders

LV7 F DARK ELF "Zaulsi":    81% - [Unchanged] {Arrow, InvisibleG Ready, HealO/ProtectO/SpeedO/ReboundO/Freeze Charging}
                      At Southern Entrance, Awaiting orders

LV6 M GOBLIN   "Durgon":    29% - Unconscious
    LV6 M ROGUE    "Pilnit":    15% - Unconscious
    LV6 M ROGUE    "Corn":      30% - Unconscious [-35% (5/20/3/7) by Missiles, Hail, Slap, and Malsiah's Book]
    LV5 F ROGUE    "Alice":     28% - Unconscious

LV5 M GOBLIN   "Noro":       0% - Dead
    LV6 M SKELETON "Six-Pack":   0% - Dead
    LV5 M SKELETON "Bones":      0% - Dead
    LV5 F SALAMAND "Slursi":     0% - Dead
    LV5 M DARK ELF "Erath":      0% - Dead

Traps
    Code:
    Sentry A    "NorthEast":  100% [Charging]
    Sentry B    "MiddleEast": 100% [Charging]
    Sentry C    "SouthEast":  100% [Charging]
    Sentry D    "NorthCent":   77% [Charging]
    Sentry E    "NorthWest":   92% [Disarmed]
    Sentry F    "MiddleWest":  92% [Disarmed]
    Sentry G    "SouthWest":  100% [Disarmed]
    Lightning A "MiddleEast": 100% [Charging]
    Lightning B "SouthEast":  100% [Charging]
    Lightning C "NorthWest":   70% [Charging]
    Spike       "South":      100% [Disarmed]
    Freeze      "North":      100% [Charging]
    Steel Door  "Pippy":      100%

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Dreggory had just been caught in Pilnit's webs when Balina began moving back from the north, towards the Southern Entrance. Though he initially tried to attack her, she quickly stepped out of his reach. He then focused solely on tearing up the webs, not worrying about Pilnit due to Suria's sudden attack. With him out of her way, Balina only had Daryl and Tara to worry about. Though she was outnumbered, Daryl had no sense of teamwork. He attacked her without paying any mind to Tara, as if he were alone in his battle. Tara seemed better at acknowledging Daryl, at least, but it didn't matter so long as Daryl remained incapable of teamwork.

Balina easily parried Daryl's attacks; it was practically effortless. She did more than simply block, however, and actually deflected the Knight's blade towards Tara. Tara was forced to either block or dodge Daryl's sword, opening both of them up for attack. Utilizing this strategy, Balina slowly whittled Daryl and Tara down. She found it easier to strike Daryl, however, for he was less experienced and left himself open more frequently. Even so, the two of them managed to do harm to her as well whenever she made a mistake or they caught her off guard.

Not too long after he had been webbed, Dreggory freed himself and made his way towards Balina with haste. He joined his allies, fighting on the west side of Daryl. Dreggory certainly made quite the addition to the fight, for he was not only more experienced but also well equipped. However, if there was one advantage Balina still had, it was Daryl's single-minded way of fighting. With him between Dreggory and Tara, he disrupted any teamwork the two could possibly have together.

Balina continued to use the same strategy of deflecting Daryl's attacks to create openings. She found creating openings in Dreggory to be particularly difficult, for he had a shield to block and would be able to keep his sword at the ready to block any incoming attack. But even he was not as experienced as her, and made occasional slip ups, which she caught and took advantage of.

Despite having her share of opportunities to attack, Balina found herself taking more damage than she should have. She figured it was only to be expected, as she sacrificed her shield earlier to block a Freeze spell. Balina cast Heal over herself, a spell she spent much time practicing, and restored 21% of her Health, allowing her to remain fighting. She knew she would soon have to use Heal Group as she would not last too much longer even with the extra boost.

Giramor, meanwhile remained locked in combat with Rob in a one-on-one battle. Giramor not only specialized in such battles but was also, in general, more experienced than Rob in the art of combat. The Black Knight, however, had one advantage over Giramor, and that was his Protect Enchantment. Giramor had to rely on proper blocking from Rob's powerful attacks while Rob only needed to concern himself with hitting Giramor. As long as he had Protect, Giramor's attacks were practically nulled in damage.

Still, Giramor proved that skill and technique could overcome raw power and defense. Though Rob remained with the upper hand in damage, Giramor's own damage output was almost equal to the Black Knight's. But things would not remain this way forever. After blocking Rob's bloody axe of hell once more, Giramor took the opportunity to recast his Protect Enchantment. Naturally, as was the spell's nature, he also enchanted his sister as she fought beside him. Giramor gave a shout to his opponent, "With our enchantments brought to a balance, the true test of skill begins. Are you ready, Knight?" Rob replied by putting more might into his swings.

When the Grenade exploded up north, it caused Balina's opponents to stumble a bit. It created an opening in each of them, though Balina knew who she would attack. Tara had Protect and it would ruin such an opportunity, and Daryl was more of a help than an enemy. Balina thrust her blade towards Dreggory and managed to land a successful strike, though she had to quickly retract her sword when Dreggory quickly swung his back at her after recovering.

It was then that Balina had recieved the Protect Enchantment from Giramor. She decided to add to it by casting Heal Group over herself and her brother. With no third ally to heal, the magic did not divide itself up as much and restored 18% to both of them. Now she had a strong advantage. She began to fight much more aggressively than before, and quickly overcame Daryl, not that there was much left to overcome at that point.

She continued fighting against Dreggory and Tara, until her Rebound Enchantment faded away. She immediately knew what that meant; she was vulnerable to Tara's Freeze. Already she saw Tara pulling back her head and summoning her magic in the special way Tentacles cast Freeze. She knew how to spot it, not only having battled (rapist) Tentacles in the past but also because she saw it earlier in the fight. Tara was throwing her head forward when Balina began to swing her sword. Her timing was precise, as was necessary to perform the feat she desired. Tara's head shot to the left, throwing the spell in that direction. Dreggory tried to back away when he saw it coming, but he was not fast enough. He soon found himself frozen in the icy spell.

Balina then continued on with a one-on-one fight with Tara, no longer fearing her Freeze. If only she was Giramor, she would easily overcome the Tentacle. However, had she been him, she would not have survived to the point of reaching a one-on-one fight. Regardless, Tara's Protect would not last too much longer. She resumed her battle against the Tentacle until she saw Crystice preparing a Freeze Spell. An idea formed, and Balina ended up outwitting Tara again to get her frozen in her stead.

The situation had improved greatly for her. Her opponents offered no more resistance. Daryl was unconscious and both Dreggory and Tara were frozen. Crystice was actively firing Ice Shards at her, but she avoided such slow projectiles while she began striking at Tara. Tara's Protect soon wore off, but Balina was unable to take advantage of it. Tent made a surprising entrance when he charged towards the Goblin warrior, aiming to protect Tara. Balina quickly turned her attention towards the Tentacle. He was less experienced than Tara, injured from fighting Viviona earlier, and he had already used his Freeze on Alice. He was no match for her.

She fought him briefly, before their battle was intervened by Viviona. After already taking out Largo, Lena, and a new Goblin, she decided it best to come to Balina's aid. Tent was almost immediately overpowered and dead on the floor with both Viviona and Balina against him. They turned their attention to the still frozen Tara, and she joined him just as quickly. Dreggory had, fortunately, broke free from his Freeze before they reached him then took up the defense.

"It's time we initiate our final back up plan," Viviona told Balina. She looked up towards the Black Knight, "What? We can still overcome them!" Viviona glared, "Look at what we have and what's left standing! Things have not worked out as well as they should have, and we both know whom is to blame for that. We must recuperate and fight on our own terms. We've already done enough damage here for it to matter. Now go and take Erath, he deserves to be buried." "A-Alright..." Balina responded hesitantly.

Viviona knew that they could still take out Tesonu's forces; they had the means to do it. But she knew not what existed beyond that Steel Door. Worse yet, she had noticed that Tesonu had not once used his magic to aid his forces, yet they still offered an impressive resistance. She did not want to blindly persist in an assault if only to save her own pride. She knew that by the time they all knew they were fighting a losing battle, it would already be too late. She did not want to wait until that point... Not again.

"Giramor, it's time for our final back up plan!" Viviona called out to him, "Grab that enemy Dark Elf!" "Understood!" he replied firmly. He was fighting a winning battle against Rob, but held no attachment to the fight and would not disobey a direct order from his superior. He quickly moved away from Rob and, to prevent the Black Knight from pursuing after him, Viviona replaced his position in the fight against Rob. However, she kept to fighting defensively but still did minor damage.

Giramor and Balina moved back towards the Support, then picked up the Dark Elves as ordered. Following their plan, Zaulsi cast Invisibility over herself and the Goblin Siblings. The three of them then began heading back towards Hannibal's dungeon. Viviona moved back from Rob, then Fyla struck him with Shine to keep him down while Viviona got away. She picked up Admortis' unconscious body, then quickly followed her comrades away from the battle. Fyla cast Teleport and escaped the battle a moment later.

Summary: Dreggory was webbed, Balina fought off Daryl, Tara, and then Dreggory when he became free. She cast Heal Self for 21%. Giramor meanwhile battled Rob. Giramor cast Protect Group and Balina cast Heal Group for 18% on both of them. Balina knocked out Daryl, then manipulated Tara's Freeze to hit Dreggory, and manipulated Crystice's Freeze to hit Tara. Tent attacked her, but Viviona intervened and killed him. They killed Tara afterwards, then Viviona ordered a retreat. She fought off Rob, allowing Giramor to get away. Giramor and Balina grabbed Ithique and Erath, then Zaulsi cast Invisibility Group on them and they escaped. Fyla struck Rob with Shine, allowing Viviona to easily get away then Teleported herself back to Hannibal's dungeon.

Current Health:
    Rob: 40% [-32% (21/4/7) by Giramor/Viviona/Fyla]
    Daryl: 23% [-60% by Balina]
    Dreggory: 55% [-21% by Balina]

Battle Status:

Allies
    Code:
    LV6 F TENTACLE "Tara":    0% - Dead [-88% (45/43) by Balina/Viviona]
    LV4 M TENTACLE "Tent":    0% - Dead [-50% (22/23) by Balina/Viviona]
    LV4 M TENTACLE "Toe":     0% - Dead
    LV3 M TENTACLE "Testi":   0% - Dead
    LV6 M GUARD    "Largo":   0% - Dead
    LV5 M GUARD    "Luis":    0% - Dead
    LV5 F GUARD    "Lena":    0% - Dead

Enemies
    Code:
    LV9 F BLACK KN "Viviona": 77% - [Changed] <Protect/Speed>
                      Heading Towards Hannibal's Dungeon, Carrying an Unconscious Admortis

LV7 M GOBLIN   "Giramor": 72% - [-23% by Rob, +18% by Balina] <Protect/Invisible>
                      Heading Towards Hannibal's Dungeon, Carrying an Unconscious Ithique

LV7 F GOBLIN   "Balina":  53% - [-70% (12/29/24/5) by Daryl/Tara/Dreggory/Tent, +39% (21/18) by Balina] <Protect/Invisible>
                      Heading Towards Hannibal's Dungeon, Carrying Erath's Body, Missing Shield

LV7 F MISTRESS "Fyla":   100% - [Changed] <Speed>
                      At Hannibal's Dungeon, Brushing Her Hair

LV7 F DARK ELF "Zaulsi":  81% - [Changed] <Invisible>
                      Heading Towards Hannibal's Dungeon

LV6 M GOBLIN   "Durgon":  29% - Unconscious
    LV6 M ROGUE    "Pilnit":  15% - Unconscious
    LV6 M ROGUE    "Corn":    30% - Unconscious
    LV5 F ROGUE    "Alice":   28% - Unconscious

LV5 M GOBLIN   "Noro":     0% - Dead
    LV6 M SKELETON "Six-Pack": 0% - Dead
    LV5 M SKELETON "Bones":    0% - Dead
    LV5 F SALAMAND "Slursi":   0% - Dead
    LV5 M DARK ELF "Erath":    0% - Dead

Traps
    Code:
    Sentry A    "NorthEast":  100% [Charging]
    Sentry B    "MiddleEast": 100% [Charging]
    Sentry C    "SouthEast":  100% [Charging]
    Sentry D    "NorthCent":   77% [Charging]
    Sentry E    "NorthWest":   92% [Disarmed]
    Sentry F    "MiddleWest":  92% [Disarmed]
    Sentry G    "SouthWest":  100% [Disarmed]
    Lightning A "MiddleEast": 100% [Charging]
    Lightning B "SouthEast":  100% [Charging]
    Lightning C "NorthWest":   70% [Charging]
    Spike       "South":      100% [Disarmed]
    Freeze      "North":      100% [Charging]
    Steel Door  "Pippy":      100%
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; December 19th, 2012 at 12:01.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

'Ah, exploring is so relaxing,' Tralk thought, after 3 weeks of travelling into unknown territory. 'I should have left that infernal pit of a community years ago.' Walking through the strange, cold tunnels and ravines, he documented what he saw in his head so he could write it down later. After a while, he came to a round cavern, in which a red glow was pulsing from a crack in the ceiling.

'Hm. This is odd. Never seen anything like this before. I might be able to climb up it.' Walking into the red light to reach the hole, he started to feel tingly inside and noticed that not only was the hole getting bigger, but he was floating up towards it. 'Woah! What's happening?! Why am I floating!??' His questions were soon answered, for when he came out of the portal and was set on the ground, a demonic voice answered.

A BEETLE HAS ENTERED YOUR DUNGEON.

'A dungeon? Well that explains the weird red light, and why I was floating. I've heard that dungeons are dangerous, but they can't be as dangerous as my old home was, surely. Plus, I never had the opportunity to explore one. A little poking around shouldn't hurt,' Tralk rationalized as he went forward through the hallway, noting the floor and architecture.

Approaching what appears to be a dead end, he noticed that the wall lifts itself into the roof of the dungeon, allowing him to pass. 'Interesting.'

On the other side was another hallway, with a secret door on the other side. He noted that there was a chicken coop down the left side and a living area to the right. But what really caught his eye was the structure through the other doorway. Getting closer to it, he noticed it was an array of bone tusks, with chains between them and a red mound of flesh in a hole in the middle of the room. And much to his surprise, the flesh was expanding and contracting, not unlike a heart. 'Ah, is this a dungeon heart? I always thought that the "heart" of a dungeon was a figurative representation of its inhabitants, not an actual heart. But, does that mean a dungeon is a living creature? I should probably stop staring and actually introduce myself then.'

"Um, hi. I, uh, my name is Tralk, and uh, sorry. I'm horribly shy, and I've never met a dungeon before. Um, what's your name?" Tralk said trying his best not to seem awkward but failing miserably.

SUMMARY:

Name: Tralk the Turtling Beetle
    Level: 1
    XP: 0/25
    Gold Held: 0
    Health: 100%
    Mood: Nervous
    Current Action: Introducing himself
    Summary of Post: Entered his first dungeon and is failing miserably at introducing himself.
    Last edited by NerdyTB; December 19th, 2012 at 12:57.

Keeper Tesonu

Tesonu liked the strategy Crystice planned out. It wasn't perfect, but it was sufficient at the very least. She recognized the various strengths of his Creatures, which alone satisfied him. She came up with the plan on such short notice as well, which was another thing Tesonu had been testing.

Tesonu also liked how his Creatures were performing. Even his newest Creatures were performing notable work, though clearly Elatos was the best of his newest recruits. Unfortunately, though Ortype was doing well during the start of the battle, he made a grave error when he attacked the Black Knight, Viviona. Tesonu watched Viviona with great interest. She alone seemed to turn the tide of battle as she single-handedly fought off-

A MAIDEN OF THE NEST HAS ENTERED YOUR DUNGEON. AGAIN. I GUESS THEY'RE NOT SO UNCOMMON TO SEE AFTER ALL.

"Yeah yeah, that's great. Shut up."

...As she single-handedly fought off four of his creatures. Of course, she had her buffs to aid her, but that was all apart of her talent and strategy.

Tesonu also noted Elatos' performance against Bones in addition to Suria's victories that took place soon after. He also noticed when Zael and Shaylum began attacking their own Sentries, or so it would seem. He quickly realized that the Rogues were there, and was satisfied that Crystice made sure to have creatures ready to dispatch them. Emmra, too, was proving herself to be a useful Healer.

Then Tesonu saw the defection. That truly surprised him. He watched as they attacked Hannibal's own, then faced Viviona. He paid especially good attention to their words, for they were more important than anything.

Tesonu watched Ithique charge straight past Viviona and towards her support, before being choked into unconsciousness. Tesonu broke all laws of physics and reality by shaking his head of evil in disappointment. He was a dead man, being defenseless right next to Viviona. It didn't matter to him, though. He had been a useful tool up until that point, but he had better Creatures. Those that were actually loyal to him, such as Admortis.

Then he saw Admortis charge into the battle. Tesonu quickly looked over to his Workshop, finding the Goblin to be missing. This new Goblin was indeed Admortis. Tesonu looked back to the battle, watching Admortis beginning to attack their new comrades. Anger boiled up from within Tesonu, but he chose not to act. He instead watched as he spoke to Viviona, hoping to learn more information about this Black Knight.

"As soon as I finish him off, you're next! Don't worry, I'll make sure you die a quick death for distracting the girl! It's better than any fate your master will visit upon you for this!"

She was pretty accurate.

Admortis suggested that the Guards were apart of the coup, planning to kill Hannibal's most loyal Creatures and thus seal his fate. He was partially correct, from what Tesonu could gather. There was most definitely some kind of coup, but Admortis missed their purpose.

From what Largo said, it seemed as if this is an act against Cedric and his corruption. Tesonu recalled how Cedric seemed to view Hannibal and Harpeia as "Pet Keepers" that were there to entertain him. Clearly, there was more to it than just that. This was an experiment he was responsible for overseeing, but he seemed to care nothing for it. He then just handed Shaylum over to Tesonu and disobeyed the Baron when he tried to cast the spell on Tesonu.

Whoever Largo was working for, their purpose was an act of pure Heroism. Tesonu knew from past experiences that not all Heroes were as noble and honest as the image they represented. Some were about as corrupt and devious as a typical Dungeon Keeper. Obviously, these Heroes were more like the former, rebelling against Cedric, the latter.

Tesonu then suddenly recalled a prophecy.

"Heroes amass to steal away with the mad lord's soul; seeking to leave nought but an empty hole. A serpentine servant or a craven crone; Sheer forged his deceit; never laughing, never giggling to Irony's tune. No plan is perfect, no scheme assured - unless you're an Ignoble, unless you're insured. Let the farflung blood-witch hatch her plans, for Vermillion is all-seeing and the Others, Unsightly Will they have ensured."

"Sheer forged his deceit"

So it's the Wizard after all... But if that's the case...

Tesonu assumed that Chuckles was also involved. The two definitely seemed connected. He had had a feeling that there was more to them than meets the eye.

But Sheer seems to hold power and control over the spell on both Hannibal and Harpeia. He could easily just give them their will back or force them to turn on Cedric, and kill him that way, so why doesn't he?

The answer suddenly came to Tesonu.

Because that would be too obvious. The Baron would know he did it.

Tesonu recalled what Largo said about their mission being a success. What he had done up until that point was tear down the Barricades and kill the last Melee Creatures, save for the strongest. They aided Tesonu's creatures and almost took out his support. Their plan was obviously to aid Tesonu... to let him win...

...because they want me to kill Cedric. Use me to end the corruption and these experiments, something that wouldn't draw attention to them.

But Tesonu knew he mustn't assume too much. All of this was based on information he gained from a single source: Prophecy. Tesonu knew the dangers of prophecy, he had delt with a prophet in the past. Though he was a loyal minion, his prophecy led to the death of many more loyal creatures simply because it was misunderstood. Tesonu had learned that prophets could see what would happen but they couldn't see why it happened. That left it for them to interpret it, and they had interpreted it poorly. Knowing only the words made things worse.

It was for this reason that, even though he suspected the rare power within him, Tesonu wanted to get rid of Vermillion. In addition to, of course, all the other reasons. The Rogue had also been mentally unbalanced, which limited his powers as a prophet even further.

Tesonu shook the thoughts from his mind, returning his focus to the battle, only to facepalm when Admortis surrendered. Viviona struck Admortis into unconsciousness, something Tesonu would have done if she hadn't, then joined Balina and killed the last of the Tentacles. This action also pleased Tesonu. Viviona then ordered a retreat, taking Admortis, Ithique, and Erath with them. It was then that Tesonu came to his decision.

He wanted her.

She's a precious gem of a creature in every possible way. She was a strong warrior and a terror in battle, which she definitely proved throughout the battle. Though this was to be expected from fighters, it was only the beginning of her strong points. She was loyal to her master, to the point that she swallowed her pride and worked with the Heroes in order to have a chance to save him. She did not abandon him under his current state and find another master; She instead sought to nurse him back to health by breaking the spell. That was the kind of loyalty Tesonu wanted; it was loyalty that extended into truly caring for their master. Any other Keeper would want the same had they the ability to truly think in order to see the value in such a trait.

Furthermore, she was quite protective over her allies. She first charged straight into battle and kept many foes away from her allies, then immediately rushed back to save her support from Luis. Tesonu remembered what she said to him. She was not professionally attached to her support; it was a personal attachment. She was rough about expressing it, but she expressed it nevertheless. Lastly, she was a worthy Battle Commander and strategist. Casualties would have been much steeper for them if she hadn't disabled the Traps by the entrance. In fact, he considered her plan to conceal the Rogues while on Tesonu's land then to have them disable traps after the battle becomes too chaotic for anyone to notice to be especially clever. They only had the chance to prepare because Tesonu saw the Rogues beforehand with Sight-of-Evil. Had he not, they could very well have dealt a lot more damage than simply disable a few Sentries.

It was unfortunate that Tesonu's own creatures probably didn't see things the same way. Admortis seemed to see something in her, but it was unlikely that he truly grasped her value. Tesonu very much wanted her. The best part about it was that the situation couldn't be more perfect. So long as he made the correct moves, it was very possible that he could gain her services without risking the loss of all the traits that make her valuable. It would require no Torture Chamber; it's magic was a danger towards character traits anyways.

Tesonu began plotting... scheming... He would have her...

Keeper, I finished writing up that report you wanted.

"Ah, good. Let me have a look."

Hannibal's Invasion: #878-#922
    Enemy Threat
    Name Species Lv Status Alignment Abilities Description
    Viviona Black Knight 9 100% Hannibal Sight/SpeedS/ProtectS Less Armor w/Glaive, Fast/Aggressive
    Giramor Goblin 7 100% Hannibal Sight/ReboundS/ProtectG Full armor w/shield, One-on-one Pro
    Balina Goblin 7 100% Hannibal HealS/ReboundS/HealG Full armor w/shield, High awareness
    Durgon Goblin 6 100% Hannibal SpeedS Lightly armored and fast
    Noro Goblin 5 100% Hannibal FlightS Lightly armored and fast
    Six-Pack Skeleton 6 100% Hannibal Thunder Average Skeleton
    Bones Skeleton 5 100% Hannibal Lightning Average Skeleton
    Slursi Salamander 5 100% Hannibal Fireball/SpeedS/Meteor Very Fast/Aggressive
    Fyla Dark Mistress 7 100% Hannibal Shine/Drain/SpeedS/Teleport Relatively more sane/Not reckless, Not Good with Melee
    Zaulsi Dark Elf 7 100% Hannibal Arrow/HealO/ProtectO/SpeedO/ReboundO/Freeze/InvisibilityG Very light and fragile Archer who possesses powerful magic
    Erath Dark Elf 5 100% Hannibal Arrow/Sight/Poison/Guided Bolt Cold-blooded assassin who enjoys killing.
    Pilnit Rogue 6 100% Hannibal Invisibility/Web Clever Rogue with some magic.
    Corn Rogue 6 100% Hannibal Invisibility/Grenade Daring Rogue that fights aggressively.
    Alice Rogue 5 100% Hannibal Invisibility/Poison Cruel Rogue that fights dirty.
    Largo Guard 6 100% Heroes HealS/SpeedS Very well armored. Strongest of the three Guards.
    Luis Guard 5 100% Heroes ProtectG Heaviest of the three Guards.
    Lena Guard 5 100% Heroes HealG Fastest of the three Guards.
    Average - 102/6 100% - - -
    Units Deployed
    Name Species Lv Status Alignment Abilities Orders
    Crystice Warlock 5 100% Tesonu Missile/Freeze/HealS/Ice Shard/Hailstorm2187 Battle Commander, Eastern Support
    Emmra Warlock 4 100% Tesonu HealO/ProtectO/Sight Await in the Northeast Corner for Injured
    Dreggory Goblin 5.3 100% Tesonu ProtectS Main Defense Between Barricade Opening
    Daryl Knight 2.82 98% Tesonu Sight Main Defense Between Barricade Opening
    Testi Tentacle 3 100% Tentacle Tribe Freeze Main Defense Between Barricade Opening
    Rob Black Knight 4 100% Tesonu ProtectS Secondary Defense Behind Western Barricades, Replace the Barricades When They Fall
    Tent Tentacle 4 100% Tentacle Tribe Freeze Secondary Defense Behind Western Barricades, Replace the Barricades When They Fall
    Toe Tentacle 4 100% Tentacle Tribe Freeze Secondary Defense Behind Western Barricades, Replace the Barricades When They Fall
    Kar'thus Black Knight 3.6 100% Tesonu Rebound Support Defense Behind Eastern Barricades, Use Rebound to Deflect Enemy Fire
    Tara Tentacle 6 100% Tentacle Tribe Freeze/ProtectS Support Defense Behind Eastern Barricades, When the Barricades Fall, Lead the Defense
    Clara Guard 1.5 100% Tesonu - Support Defense Behind Eastern Barricades, "Don't Push Yourself"
    Suria Demon Spawn 6/8 100% Tesonu Fire Spit/Fireball/ProtectS Flankers Behind the Western Barricades, Attack After the Secondary Defense Forms, Lead the Charge
    Elatos Dark Angel 1 100% Tesonu - Flankers Behind the Western Barricades, Attack After the Secondary Defense Forms, Follow Suria
    Vendetta Vampire 1 100% Tesonu - Flankers Behind the Western Barricades, Attack After the Secondary Defense Forms, Follow Suria
    Ortype Orc 1.3 100% Tesonu - Flankers Behind the Western Barricades, Attack After the Secondary Defense Forms, Follow Suria
    Ithique Dark Elf 5.76 100% Tesonu Arrow/ProtectO Western Support
    Bayli Dark Angel 2.2 100% Tesonu FlightS/Arrow Western Support, Remain At Range and Prioritize Protect Enchanted Enemies
    Zael Dark Elf 4 100% Tesonu Sight Eastern Support, Prioritize Invisible Enemies
    Shaylum Human Archer 3.25 100% Tesonu Arrow/Sight Eastern Support, Prioritize Invisible Enemies
    Malsiah Warlock 3.22 100% Tesonu Drain/Sight/HealS/InvisibilityS Eastern Support
    Methras Fairy 3 99% Tesonu Sight/Web Eastern Support, Web Enemies
    Atrocya Fairy 1 90% Tesonu Strip Tease Eastern Support, Hit and Run Strategy
    Average - 71/3.2 2187/99.4% - - -
    Unit Results
    Name Species Lv Status DMG Give/Take Victories Notes
    Crystice Warlock 5.88 98% 92%/2% - Worthy Performance
    Emmra Warlock 4.86 87% 0%/25% - Worthy Performance, Protected 2 (Daryl/Methras), Healed 108% (Daryl+20 Methras+25 Dregs+23 Suria+25/15), Fainted from Exhaustion
    Dreggory Goblin 5.51 55% 60%/68% - -
    Daryl Knight 3.01 23% 17%/95% - Knocked Out by Balina
    Testi Tentacle 3 0% 3%/100% - Knocked out by Viviona, Bled to Death
    Rob Black Knight 4 40% 41%/72% - Worthy Performance, Distracted Viviona and Giramor
    Tent Tentacle 4 0% 39%/100% - Killed by Viviona
    Toe Tentacle 4 0% 8%/100% - Knocked out by Viviona, Bled to Death
    Kar'thus Black Knight 3.6 100% 0%/0% - Unimpressive Performance
    Tara Tentacle 6 0% 36%/100% - Killed by Viviona
    Clara Guard 1.5 100% 0%/0% - No Posts
    Suria Demon Spawn 6.71 86% 124%/54% Bones, Slursi, Pilnit Worthy Performance, Fainted from Pilnit Injury
    Elatos Dark Angel 3 58% 80%/65% Alice Worthy Performance, Healed 23% (Elatos+23)
    Vendetta Vampire 1 100% 0%/0% - No Posts
    Ortype Orc 1.35 0% 0%/100% - Killed by Viviona
    Ithique Dark Elf 5.86 13% 147%/87% Erath Protected 1 (Tent) Charged Into Enemy Lines, Knocked Out by Erath, Almost Half of Damage Dealt is Falling on and Crushing Erath After Being Choked, Captured
    Bayli Dark Angel 2.2 100% 0%/0% - Unimpressive Performance
    Zael Dark Elf 4 81% 51%/20% - Regained 1% with Rest
    Shaylum Human Archer 3.52 85% 57%/15% - -
    Malsiah Warlock 4.04 100% 26%/0% Noro, Corn Captured Noro's Soul After he Fell Unconscious, Saved Crystice
    Methras Fairy 3 95% 0%/25% - Worthy Performance, Webbed Giramor/Noro/Slursi/Viviona/Alice/Balina
    Atrocya Fairy 1 90% 0%/0% - No Posts
    Largo Guard 6 0% 43%/118% Six-Pack, Durgon Defected, Killed by Viviona, Healed 17% (Largo+17)
    Luis Guard 5 0% 13%/100% - Defected, Killed by Viviona
    Lena Guard 5 0% 16%/105% - Defected, Killed by Admortis, Healed 29% (Lena+5 Rob+12 Emmra+12)
    Admortis Goblin 5.15 65% 20%/35% - Poor Performance, Charged In Towards the End, Killed Lena, Surrendered, Knocked Out by Viviona, Captured
    Average - 96/3.69 1496%/57% 873%/33%, 1386%/53% 4/5 Satisfactory Performance Overall with Few Exceptions
    Enemy Survivors
    Name Species Lv Status Alignment Fate Notes
    Viviona Black Knight 9 77% Hannibal Withdrew Ordered a Retreat Due to the Change in the Situation, Carried Admortis
    Giramor Goblin 7 72% Hannibal Withdrew
    Balina Goblin 7 53% Hannibal Withdrew
    Fyla Dark Mistress 7 100% Hannibal Withdrew Teleported Away
    Zaulsi Dark Elf 7 81% Hannibal Withdrew
    Durgon Goblin 6 29% Hannibal Imprisoned -
    Pilnit Rogue 6 15% Hannibal Imprisoned -
    Corn Rogue 6 30% Hannibal Imprisoned -
    Alice Rogue 5 28% Hannibal Imprisoned -

"It seems my creatures are finally doing something good, for once. At least, some of them."

Can I have my job as Mentor back?

"I'll let Carl answer that."

"Hey."

The Informant looks down at Carl.

"Where's my suit? Where's my cigar? Huh? Huh!?"

Er... uh...

"Didn't you already go fetch Carl's suit? Twice?"

I... um...

"Or perhaps you were just using it as an excuse to get away..."

Uh... please don't hit me with the newspaper...

Tesonu drops the Informant on the Torture Chamber, then drops Carl in front of him and gives him a whip. Carl gets right to work.

AN INFORMANT HAS BECOME UNHAPPY BEC-OW-Damn it, that hurt, Carl!

"I don't care."

Carl whips him again. Tesonu turns his attention to the Creatures who participated in combat.

"Now then, my Creatures... Since the Informant is being tortured for failing at his task of cleaning Carl's suit as apart of his demotion, I will inform you all that Payday has passed. Since the start of the battle, actually. But since you did so well during the fight, and I've mined plenty of Gold since, I'll allow you to take two Paydays. Well, more like one Payday and an early Payday, since the next Payday is soon anyways. I will also drop off a little extra Gold on the Lairs of creatures who I felt made a significant impact during the battle."

"There are those of whom I am disappointed in, however. Kar'thus, Clara, Vendetta, Bayli, Atrocya, and Admortis. Neither of you will collect this nor the next Payday. I will have additional punishment for both Atrocya and Admortis, once we free the latter, if he's still alive that is. Atrocya, I am going to reconsider your punishment. I will do to you myself what I expected would become of you down in the depths of the Portal, but this time I and my creatures shall benefit. I've had my Imps construct a little something in the Casino for you. I hope you're happy about it. I gave you another chance to prove yourself, but you disappointed me once again."

He continued to speak to the rest of his creatures even when he referred to Atrocya's punishment. He wanted them all to know, but mostly to humiliate and shame her.

"Rest, my creatures. For the moment, do as you please. You must relax yourselves for now. We will soon launch our own invasion on Hannibal in retaliation, so savoir every moment you can until then. Drink in the Casino if you like. I'll leave Atrocya there for any of you to... use however you see fit. Feel no pity for her. She has done nothing to aid us and even did a little destruction in the Casino. She is lazy and pathetic, seeking only to drink away in the Casino. That is all, my creatures."

Tesonu then dropped 200 Gold on the Lairs of Crystice, Emmra, Rob, Suria, Elatos, and Methras. He then dropped 100 Gold on Grey's Lair then turned his attention to the Human Archer.

"Grey. I was directing my voice to my other creatures so you probably didn't hear me, but it is Payday. It is a very late Payday at that, but since it's so close to the next Payday, you can collect an early second Payday. Also, I've left you some Gold for all your hard work in the Workshop earlier. Also, you can do as you like for now. I'm having everyone rest until I begin an invasion against Hannibal."

Tesonu then rebuilt the Casino, costing 24750 big ones and leaving a massive hole in the pockets he didn't have. For an extra 250 Gold, he had a stripper pole installed. This was for Atrocya, no doubt. He plucked Atrocya and dropped her in the Casino. Various Imps who waited around suddenly jumped on her when she fell. They grabbed her then forced her over to the pole and chained her hands to it. Tesonu spoke solely to her.

"This will be your life, Atrocya. It is probably the only thing you are good at. Have fun with it."

Tesonu turned his attention to an Imp who stood nearby.

"You, whatever your name is, you'll be in charge for collecting payment from anyone who wants to use her. 50 Gold per Creature. Got it?"

The Imp nodded.

"The rest of you, go recover a bunch of bodies from the battlefield."

The Imps set out to work, dragging back Daryl to his Lair, several new prisoners to the Prison, and bodies were brought to the Graveyard. Tesonu turned to the Torture Chamber. The Informant's head was underwater. Tesonu waited for it to come back up.

"So what were you telling me about a new creature coming along?"

There's... ack... two Maidens of the Nest... and a Beetle just entered your dungeon. *cough* I'll play the messages...

"Hellloo... Keeper... Tesonu. They call me Masega. I could sense your power from far away... mighty power. The power to inflict destruction and death upon the overworld and underworld... I like that power. I would gladly indulge in your creature force."

"Hell yeah..."

"Hello, Keeper Tesonu. I am Nalina. I am a War Maiden, born from and one of the few survivors of a Tribe of Maidens who specialize in the art of combat. I wish to serve you, but in all due respect, please keep your hands to yourself. If you can keep to this then I will gladly fight among your most loyal of followers. I am also a Manufacturer, and not so much of a Researcher as I hear other Maidens are."

"Damn it... I wanted to give them a squeeze..."

"Um, hi. I, uh, my name is Tralk, and uh, sorry. I'm horribly shy, and I've never met a dungeon before. Um, what's your name?"

"...What the hell?"

Tesonu first turned his attention to Nalina. He took a very careful note of her important details, such as the roundness and size of her breasts, the strength of her bra and what it would take to get it to fall out due to an "accident". He focused heavily on the two beautiful Maidens upon her chest.

"Welcome, Nalina. I've been busy with a battle and did not have time earlier."

Tesonu did his best to keep his attention on her face, rather than her breasts, but realized it didn't matter anyways.

"I could use a Manufacturer more than a Researcher and will gladly accept you, but the price you require me to pay is high indeed. You're beautiful."

Tesonu had been staring more at her breasts when he said that. When he had finally had enough, he turned to the new Beetle, forgetting Masega.

"Greetings, Tralk. I am not a dungeon, I am a Dungeon Keeper. The dungeon is my home, and I know everything going on in here. Everything. My name is Tesonu. In short, I am better than any other Dungeon Keeper you will ever meet. You may do as you please, for now, though since you're very new to this, you may want to learn a little about combat. I plan to invade another Keeper's dungeon, he is Keeper Hannibal and he's a homosexual."

Tesonu then went back to his own thoughts. He thought about Admortis and Ithique getting captured. He doubted either of them would reveal any information for the time being, but there was something else to it that Tesonu was looking at. He was angered that Admortis killed the Guards, or helped kill him, because that prevented him from being able to find out from the Guards their purpose. He would learn who they were working for, who was betraying Cedric. It would have proved valuable information. If they refused to tell, he could always refer to methods of Torture.

Still, there was one advantage. Tesonu might be able to get in contact with his captured creatures through the bond between he and them. While it was true that the magic of the Prison blocked the bond, it was also true that Hannibal was under a spell. The spell warped his personality completely; Tesonu knew this was a side effect. Sheer himself had stated it prior when he explained it to Chuckles. He also stated the spell was experimental; they didn't know what it could do. Tesonu knew that Prison magic, like the magic of all rooms, referred to their owner for power. Who is to say that Hannibal's personality was the only thing that was warped? It was possible the Prison magic no longer blocked the bond.

Tesonu had to try...

PAYDAY
    (collect an early next Payday too)

Important Actions:
    Scheming
    Battle Report
    Dropped the Informent in the Torture Chamber
    Rewarded Crystice, Emmra, Rob, Suria, Elatos, and Methras with 200 Gold on their Lairs
    Rewarded Grey with 100 Gold on His Lair
    Rebuilt Casino
    Built Stripped Pole
    Dropped Atrocya in the Casino, Attached Her to the Pole
    Collected Bodies
    Spoke to Nalina and Tralk

Orders:
    Kar'thus, Clara, Vendetta, Bayli, Atrocya, Admortis: No Payday and No Next Payday
    Atrocya: Stripper for Life
    All Creatures: Relax, Do As You Wish

Imp Orders:
    Casino Imp: Charge 50 Gold for Anyone Seeking to See Atrocya

Research in Progress:
    Scavenger Room: 12%
    Call-to-Arms Spell: 0%

Current Gold:
    11198, +1768 (Gem), -1300 (Rewards), -24750 (Casino) -250 (Stripper Pole)
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; December 23rd, 2012 at 11:48.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

SHAYLUM
    STAY THE COURSE

"But since you did so well during the fight, and I've mined plenty of Gold since, I'll allow you to take two Paydays. Well, more like one Payday and an early Payday, since the next Payday is soon anyways. I will also drop off a little extra Gold on the Lairs of creatures who I felt made a significant impact during the battle."

Shaylum couldn't help but smile, even though the battle was already long over. The smug grin plastered across her face simply refused to go away. As she reached the Treasury, the struggle to contain the laughter that had been building up inside failed. She couldn't help laughing.

The sight of Ithique, her former torturer, being choked into unconsciousness by a creature so slight and effeminate as the one-armed Erath had been one of the most amusing spectactles she had yet born witness too. The Dark Elf's rotten temprament, prestigious bulk and the fierceness had counted for nothing. What really cracked her up though, was the expression on Ithique's face when he realised that this might well be his inglorious end.

«« If only it had been. »»

The Dark Archer recovered quickly, quashing her choking amusement and collecting her paydays. She headed for her lair with 190 coins. She felt quite uneasy - it had been a while she had last had cause to laugh, but there had been a time when something so gruesome would never have tickled her amusement.

She didn't mind in the slightest that her rival had been taken captive. He wasn't the sort to give in to torture. He wouldn't endanger her, Tesonu or the rest of the dungeon. He would keep his secrets to the end. He wouldn't do it, she was sure, out of a sense of loyalty; He would do it solely to spite the creatures who sought them. That was her impression of the dark elf, at any rate.

"Thank you, Keeper. I am sure everyone is grateful at the chance to collect double pay."

Shaylum did something she had neglected for quite a while; she headed to library and decided to pen her thoughts. She picked up an empty volume, brown and frayed and quickly scribbled down some thoughts;

Year of the Saints 292, Wizard's Spell, Fire Vespers

I have not scriven my thoughts for some years now; Not since my brother, Augel, was promoted to Steelies. It is surreal that I am now in service to a Keeper, but it has long been evident to me that the cause which I once campaigned so passionately for so long is lost - if it ever even existed. The values that we fought for as heroes were shamefully lacking amongst our own ranks. No side is above reproach in this conflict. The actions of the rotten rascal of a Lord who I am ashamed to say I served in Northland attest to this. He handed me over to Tesonu - bartered me like a sack of flour.

At least this Keeper who I now serve seems to care - about me and the many others in this dungeon. He doesn't always show it and those who attract his ire can expect no quarter, but I believe him to be a worthy Master. He rewards merit and is not above showing affection for those who serve him well. I am a warrior for Tesonu now and I have partaken in several battles, against both creatures and my former garrison, under his banner.

Some of the creature that I am forced to work with are disagreeable, others are unnerving and there are those which are indefensible. Despite that, there are individuals whose like I can only wish I had served alongside in the service of the Avatar. The armies fielded by these Keepers seem much less regimented, but greatly more diverse than any heroic host I have born witness too. There are so many races and creeds... I find it a wonder that any can manage the alliegence of such an seemingly fractious coalition. Many of the creatures in this dungeon are surpisingly loyal though. There are others who seem motivated by gold, which is a surpisingly effective motivator. I myself have collected a number of generous paydays and look forward to the next one. There are also those who seem motivated by nothing except wanton destruction and chaos.

One such creature actively seems to flout Tesonu's authority and glories in suffering of others. This beast is a dark elf by the name of Ithique is drenched in the blood of those he has wronged. Since joining the Tesonu, I must admit I have caught myself thinking dark thoughts on more than one occassion. He was captured by the forces of Hannibal and I hope never to see this monster again. I pray to whatever powers that be, dark or light, that the fires of torment find this monster. I pray that he dies undergoing the agony of every torment he has ever inflicted on others. I should be so lucky.

If the arch-fiend hadn't fallen into clutches of the murderous female black knight who lead Hannibal's force, I might have done the job myself. I have little doubt that my master would have had little patience for him.

A while back, Tesonu promoted a battle leader and she is competant. She seems very close to her sister. I'm ashamed to say that I feel no small amount of envy at throught of being so close to one's siblings. My brother was a brute, a fool and I don't care for him in the slightest. If I ever meet him again, I fear I will be driven to destroy him. It isn't prospect that greatly alarms me, but that alone concerns me. The years of neglect in the service of 'good' and the torture I endured at the hands of my erstwhile foe have had an influence upon me. Where is the wide-eyed pup who dreamed of being a knight and a symbol of valour?

I am not the only hero in Northland who has defected to this Keeper. There are others who serve Tesonu; there is a guard, another archer and a knight. From what I have seen of the knight, he is indictative of the problem within the heroic structure. It seems mad that a creature so lacking scruples could ascend to the Steelies, but after my experiences with Cedric it seems little wonder. It is a terrible statement that in this day and age, I cannot discern any great difference between the Keepers and our own decadent, arrogant and morally-corupt culture. I have fought to clean up the system from the inside only to be marginalized. I think some of the guards who accompanied Hannibal's force attempted to make a more aggressive statement; They did so stupidly and alone. There is only one way to cleanse the rot from the system and that is to destroy the edifice in its entirety...

Shaylum_________________
    Level | 3 (208|400)
    Gold | 301
    Health | 85%
    Mood | Happy
    Keeper Approval | 80 (Friendly)
    Status | Writing
    Last edited by MeinCookie; December 20th, 2012 at 06:38.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ Crystice ~ and ~ Emmra ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ._ The Ice Sorceress ~ ~ ~ The Sorceress Sisters ~ ~ ~ The Sweet Sorceress

(Main Theme) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Main Theme)
    (Battle Theme) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Battle Theme)

Crystice stared at the Southern Entrance, dumbfounded. It hit her so hard that she not only stopped attacking Balina but remained in a stupefied state after Fyla Teleported away. She hadn't even blinked since then. She truly could not believe what she was seeing, or rather, what she had seen. It was a sight to behold, for whom was once her savior and then her bodyguard was now aiding Hannibal by striking down the Guards, unleashing Viviona upon them. His actions ultimately led to the death of four allies, who thankfully were not Tesonu's direct Creatures. But even so, it did not lighten up the situation in the slightest.

What...

Is...

He...

Thinking...!?

Crystice let out an irritated sigh. Had he not been dragged off by the enemy, she would give Admortis a piece of her mind. To just rush into battle like that without consulting her for orders was insult and disrespect enough to the authority she had been granted by Keeper Tesonu. To aid their enemies in battle... He just looked like a fool at that point. A fool who mocked her authority. She had just sent a Rogue crashing and burning to the ground; she was damn well prepared to do the same to his big, stupid, ugly Goblin face the next time she saw it.

"Now then, my Creatures... Since the Informant is being tortured for failing at his task of cleaning Carl's suit as apart of his demotion, I will inform you all that Payday has passed. Since the start of the battle, actually. But since you did so well during the fight, and I've mined plenty of Gold since, I'll allow you to take two Paydays. Well, more like one Payday and an early Payday, since the next Payday is soon anyways. I will also drop off a little extra Gold on the Lairs of creatures who I felt made a significant impact during the battle."

Crystice wasn't as interested in Payday as some other Creatures, but she did like the idea of being given a reward. It wasn't the payment that mattered to her, but more so the general thought that Tesonu was not only recognizing her abilities but also rewarding her for them that was important. She knew she would be one of those who was rewarded. Tesonu would not have made her Battle Commander if he thought her incapable to make a difference. It soothed her temper a bit.

"There are those of whom I am disappointed in, however. Kar'thus, Clara, Vendetta, Bayli, Atrocya, and Admortis. Neither of you will collect this nor the next Payday. I will have additional punishment for both Atrocya and Admortis, once we free the latter, if he's still alive that is."

There was a moment of regret in her angry thoughts of the Goblin. He may have done something so completely stupid but... to punish and hit him for it was different than to wish him dead. It was an awkward hope, but she sought to make sure she would see the opportunity to slap him silly.

"Atrocya, I am going to reconsider your punishment. I will do to you myself what I expected would become of you down in the depths of the Portal, but this time I and my creatures shall benefit. I've had my Imps construct a little something in the Casino for you. I hope you're happy about it. I gave you another chance to prove yourself, but you disappointed me once again."

Crystice could only imagine exactly what Tesonu had planned for the Fairy, but she cared very little for the details of her fate. She only knew her as trouble.

"Rest, my creatures. For the moment, do as you please. You must relax yourselves for now. We will soon launch our own invasion on Hannibal in retaliation, so savoir every moment you can until then. Drink in the Casino if you like. I'll leave Atrocya there for any of you to... use however you see fit. Feel no pity for her. She has done nothing to aid us and even did a little destruction in the Casino. She is lazy and pathetic, seeking only to drink away in the Casino. That is all, my creatures."

Finally, Crystice let out a sigh of delayed relief. The battle had been rough, but it was now over. She furthermore had the freedom to do what she liked. Though she very much sought to perform some research or train a bit, she needed time to rest. This could be her last opportunity to relax for a long while, and she very much deserved it. "Let's go, Emmra," Crystice spoke in a weary voice. After receiving no response, she looked around the room, "...Emmra?"

Crystice quickly spot her sister as she laid down on the dungeon floor, not too far away. Though dark and horrible thoughts of her fate as she lay unconscious swept through her mind, she managed to push them away as quickly as they appeared. She knew nothing would have struck her down, all enemies were too far away and the support were focused on other things. She could only wonder why she was just sleeping on the ground like that. "Emmra, what are you doing? Get up." There was no response.

Imps soon began pouring into the room, going after the bodies. One of them tried to grab Emmra but Crystice quickly swatted his hands away, "Oh no you will not! I will take her myself!" The Imp looked at Emmra, noting her size, then looked back up at Crystice with unconvinced eyes. Crystice put her hands on her hips and glared back at him. They remained in a staring contest until Crystice broke away, knowing they weren't going to get anything accomplished if they simply stood there. She crouched down and put her hands on her sister's sides, then slid them under her and gripped her waist. She then began to heave...

...and lifted her almost three inches off the ground before she was brought down by her sister's weight and collapsed on top. "Ugh..." she grunted, before trying again. She struggled heavily, making a hoarse whisper, "Damn it, Emmra... you're too fat...!" Crystice finally gave up and let go, then collapsed back on top of her sister. She pulled her hands from out underneath, then straitened her robes as she caught her breath. She looked back at the Imp as he folded his arms and watched.

"Fine, fine... But you will not drag her, you hear me?" Crystice told the Imp in a strict voice, "You'll help me carry her, using whatever magic you Imps use to drag the bodies." The Imp began to flex his muscles. Crystice rolled her eyes. The Imp then ran over to Emmra's feet as Crystice went over to her head. She put her arms under Emmra's armpits as the Imp grabbed ahold of her feet. Together, they began heading towards the Lair.

They finally arrived at the Lair and gently rested Emmra down in her flower shaped bed. The Imp normally would not have cared to be so gentle as it didn't really make a difference, but he did not want to anger Crystice, who obviously valued what he considered to be trivial. Furthermore, he did not want to anger Tesonu, for he instinctively recognized her as a figure of authority. It was why he didn't laugh when she failed horribly to even briefly pick up Emmra.

Crystice let out another weary sigh. She collapsed on her bed, deciding to collect Pay later. It was moments like these that she wished she knew the adaptive Heal Spell, commonly known as Heal Other. It could adjust itself to restore just about any person's body, compared to the absolute Heal Self spell, which, although powerful, was not flexible in its target. Perhaps, when she woke up, she could do some research on the matter and learn to cast such a spell... if she still desired to...

Whatever...

Crystice reached the point in which the only thing that mattered to her was to get her sleep. With her eyes closed as she lay gently on her bed, sweet sleep slowly took her.

~ ~ ~ Crystice ~ and ~ Emmra's ~ ~ ~
    Summary

Crystice/Emmra
    Health: 100%, 88% [+2% by Lair Sleep] [+1% by Lair Sleep]
    Level: 5, 4
    Experience: 53/60, 39/45
    Gold in Lair: 842, 650
    Current Equipment: None/Wizard Staff
    Efficiency: 100%/50%

Summery: Crystice thought about things, then carried Emmra back with the help of an Imp and set her on her Lair. She then went to sleep herself after thinking about learning Heal Other.

Tesonu is napping!

Elatos stopped his actions when he saw Admortis enter the room from Tesonu's side. He did not know who his was, but the direction he came from said enough about his allegiance, and his appearance said enough about his stature. He looked significantly more powerful than most Goblins Elatos had seen throughout the times. It looked like one of Tesonu's big-hitters was late and finally came upon the scene.

Admortis proceeded to have a conversation with Viviona while attacking the guards that were on their side throughout the battle, and then killed one of the guards and let himself be taken by Viviona, who proceeded to exit the scene along with the rest of Hannibal's troops... but not before being given the opportunity to slay even more allied creatures.

""Hmph...a traitor and a fool. Such a creature will be doomed to fall sooner or later, no glory held in his name. He will likely be seen executed, whether it happens on their side or on our side. A fool indeed."

Elatos then heard the message of the Keeper. The creatures were allowed two paydays' worth of gold to pick, as well as a bonus for the creatures the Keeper deemed had contributed significantly. Elatos himself did not see so much in the monetary value of gold, but knew his tribe would see the benefits of anything he would return with. It also served him as a proof for his acts and achievements during his times in the dungeons.

The Keeper also told his creatures to relax and prepare for an upcoming invasion. This fight was only going to be the beginning of a battle of a much grander scale, and Elatos knew he would have to be well prepared for it. He turned and walked out of the trap room. He took one look back at the room as it was emptied of bodies by Tesonu's imps. He then continued on, entering the inner layer of Tesonu's dungeon, and going towards Tesonu's Treasury. There, he took 660 gold pieces, and proceeded to leave the room. He accounted for both of Tesonu's promised paydays, so he'd be set for the current time being.

He then proceeded to enter the lair. He noticed the 200 gold pieces put there by Tesonu. It pleased him to see that Tesonu considered him a more than satisfactory combatant, for the relatively brief time he has been there. He sat down on his lair, cross-legged, and put down his sword. He clasped his hands together and started meditating. He started off casting Heal upon himself, speeding up his health regeneration in preparation for the next battle.

Summary: Elatos noticed the happening of stuff, took 660 gold for both paydays, entered his lair, saw the other 200 gold, and proceeded to heal and meditate in his lair.

Elatos the Warrior Dark Angel
    Health: 84% (+26%, ++)
    Mood: quiet
    Level: 3
    Gold: 860

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Dreggory

Dreggory sighed as he exited the Trap Room, breathing out a sigh of relief that the battle was over. He was alive still. Years of struggle and he was still here. Others weren't. Annuck was dead. He had once been a friend before their service put them at odds. The female goblin had died in the same battle; the beetle too. He couldn't even recall their names. Just this battle an orc had died and Dregs didn't even know his name. Whether in service of the Keepers, the House or both; Death was always a constant. It was part of the thrill of combat - the exhilaration of danger - and yet it robbed him of friends and colleagues.

Blood caked his legs and face as he limped towards the lair.

The Footsoldier changed his destination, making for the Treasury and leaving just as Shaylum entered. She seemed rather amused. He nodded to her politely. He headed to the lair to deposit his 170 gold.

"There are those of whom I am disappointed in, however. Kar'thus, Clara, Vendetta, Bayli, Atrocya, and Admortis. Neither of you will collect this nor the next Payday. I will have additional punishment for both Atrocya and Admortis, once we free the latter, if he's still alive that is. Atrocya, I am going to reconsider your punishment. I will do to you myself what I expected would become of you down in the depths of the Portal, but this time I and my creatures shall benefit. I've had my Imps construct a little something in the Casino for you. I hope you're happy about it. I gave you another chance to prove yourself, but you disappointed me once again."

Speaking of poor performance, Dreggory was still annoyed with Daryl. The Knight attacked with no regard for those around him. He completely lacked the ability to cooperate, it seemed, and the enemy female goblin had taken full advantage of it. She reminded him of how his foster mother, Reji'ra Pakal, had fought when he was still a child; She was a wild card, unpredictable and seemingly able to control the entire course of a battle with ease. The goblin had outmatched him and now she had escaped. He was sure that they would meet again.

~}When we do meet, I will make sure it is me that triumphs.{~

Dregs collapsed onto his lair and stared up at the ceiling until he fell asleep...

DREGS'S SUMMARY__________
    Creature Profile
    Gold: 520
    Level: 5 (310|600)
    Health: 55%
    Keeper Approval: Tesonu: 15 (Neutral) Animus: 15 (Neutral) Mikaelios: 0 (Neutral) Kuroki: 85 (Friendly)
    Mood: Asleep.
    Quick Summary: Collects his pay and goes to sleep.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; December 21st, 2012 at 23:43.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

"Admortis, are you awake? You better be awake. And if you're not, wake the hell up!"

Admortis' eyes shot open, and he immediately regretted it. The light of the prison room, dim though it was, blinded him and sent sharp torrents of pain through his skull. His head ached furiously, and his mouth tasted of bile. How the hell did I get here? The goblin closed his eyes once more.

The last thing Admortis remembered was offering his surrender to the black knight, Viviona. After that, everything just felt... black.

Almost too late, the goblin knight realised that he had been addressed. How else would he have been woken in his concussed state? Though it pained him to do so, he opened his eyes again, just a sliver, and sat up a little to glance around the room, head pounding all the while. He spotted two guards and an archer, female. The mental echos of the speech that had woken him up reverberated in his head. It had been neither muffled nor feminine in character.

Oh...

Tesonu? he thought back. I... I'm s... What is your will, master?

"My will is for you to hurt yourself. You have committed acts of treason and denied me valuable information from those Heroes that I would have obtained one way or another. Should I bother to rescue you, I will not allow this act to be easily forgotten. Your simple-minded actions null any value in what would be your intended loyalty."

Admortis had to accept the truth of that. He himself would have greatly appreciated information from any of the turncloak guards. Though he didn't remember exactly what happened, it occurred to him the guard he had been engaged with was probably dead. But treason? Nay. Simply an excess of passion. A mistake. He wouldn't mention that to Tesonu, however.

If it pleases you, Tesonu, I am already in a great deal of agony. Is your will that I inflict more pain upon myself, or should I perhaps find out who my jailers are?

"You are in Hannibal's dungeon but you might as well be a direct prisoner of the Heroes. Hannibal is under the Heroes' command, so it matters not. That information would be useless. Regardless, I can already tell your location in addition to Ithique's. I have Sight-of-Evil as well and learn of your surroundings if necessary."

"You are to act as if we never had this conversation. Make no effort to escape. As things stand, you have no chance either way."

Yes, master. Will this mental link remain open should we wish to communicate with one another?

Admortis then stood up, slowly, his head protesting violently as he did so. He began to soak in his surroundings. His starry vision caught what appeared of be a dog's head smiling pleasantly at him. His nose informed him that the room had a delightfully pleasant odour, but the bones scattered on the prison's floor were rather more somber.

At that point, Admortis felt a sudden terrible percussive force hit him in the lower back. He turned around abruptly to face the attacker, losing his balance and tumbling to the floor as he did so. He was right up to the bars of his cell. He glanced up, his vision still blurry. Looking down at him, smiling a devilish smile, was the female guard, a bow in one hand and a blunt, hard rubbered arrow in the other.

"I think I'll have some fun with you,"
    she laughed happily, "you're a clumsy one."

Admortis grimaced, not understanding why he lacked control over his body. His head felt like lead. He collapsed backwards, legs sprawling up in the air awkwardly.

"No, I'd rather not hear your girlish screams as you're tormented by a woman. A Hero, no less."

There was a pause.

"I want you to know that I am greatly disappointed in you. I have nothing more to say to you."

Admortis scrambled to think of something to salvage the situation, to push back his thoughts of doubt, of regret. I will redeem myself, Tesonu. Just give me time.

It didn't work, though. He clenched his jaw, biting back tears and suddenly suffering from a pain far more potent than the archer's arrow and the proverbial bursting of his skull combined. He had failed in his purpose, to serve Tesonu. He had been wrong to act as he did, with passion and fury against the turncloak guards. He had failed his people. Again.

A fitful sleep soon took a hold of him.

Summary
    Events: Admortis awoke to Tesonu's whispers. He conversed with Tesonu, got hit by a rubber arrow, and is now sleeping.
    Health: 72% [+10% from rest, -3% from female archer's rubber arrow]
    Level: 5.15
    Efficiency: 0%

LEVEL UP!

Masega decided she was done with her training for the time. After all, there was more to be done than just sticking around in the training room. She didn't put any thought to her fellow Maiden of the Nest in the room, nor to the other person who entered the room.

Just as she decided to leave the room, she heard the Keeper's voice say something. It was just a generic comment about payday or stuff. Masega wasn't interested. No amount of gold bought her the satisfaction that she would feel on the battlefield, enemies out to get what would come to them.

Masega entered the lair. She noted the presence of some creatures taking their recovery in their lairs.

"Hehe...I must have missed something quite fun..."

Masega went to her own lair and started to take a rest herself. She figured she would see her share of carnage settling in some other time. Probably quite soon, too.

Summary: Stopped training and went to sleep

Masega the Darkness Maiden
    Health: 100%
    Mood: somewhat amused
    Level: 3
    Gold: 0

The Awakening