Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Crystal Islands

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Moranaax

Default Re: Red Crystal Islands

Keeyai
    Crazy Beserker of the Demon Spawn

Keeyai didn't quite realize how tired he was until he fell over from exhaustion. "I really need to pay more attention to my energy levels." he muttered through a face-full of floor. He pulled himself to his feet and stumbled all the way to the Lair, before collapsing in front of the dragon skull. He closed his eyes, then groaned and sat upright, swaying a bit to the side. He took a deep breath, yanked open his eyes, and began to sing a strange little song. It was in some ancient dialect of a dragon language, but by the tune, it sounded for all the world like a lullaby. It sounded especially odd coming out of the fanged mouth of a Demon Spawn.

Once he finished, he curled up and closed his eyes again. It took a full two seconds for him to fall asleep.

Keeyai
    Health: 100%
    Level: 2.5
    Gold: 0
    Mood: Exhausted
    Keeyai collapsed from exhaustion, then went to the Lair. He sang a strange little lullaby to the dragon skull then fall asleep.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Asifet
    the Warlock

Asifet watched the fly escape off into the clutches of an allied goblin who he had never seen before. The fly seemed familiar with her, but the door had opened at her approach; evidently the Torture Chamber was already being put to good use.

Asifet grudgingly headed South, back towards the dungeon proper. He stored the gold he was still carrying in his Lair and walked into the Library.

\\I think I shall research the Protect spell. It would undeniably be useful - especially with the Keeper already holding Heal and Speed Monster.//

The warlock disliked it when others stole his thunder. He wasn't much of a team-player, much of the time. Whilst the help he had recieved had been warranted, he still felt as though part of his hunt had been robbed from him.

\\Next time that goblin stands poised over a kill, you can beat her to the punch.// He reassured himself.

Asifet selected Keeper Spells M-Z from a shelf and began reading, wondering why the dungeon seemed slightly emptier all of a sudden...

ASIFET SUMMARY__________
    Creature Profile
    Gold in Lair: 500
    Level: 5.9
    Keeper Approval: 63 (Calm)
    Mood: Miffed.
    Quick Summary: Asifet unified his gold and then moved to research Protect.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; September 15th, 2012 at 01:18.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

Tarik
    Demonmage
    Soul-Eater
    Traitor

Tarik stops training upon hearing that several creatures had left. He didn't say anything, but just shot another bolt of lightning, and someone announced something about a level, which he ignored.

Annika puts away the book she had and grabs one on the Protect Spell.

Zaral yawns, and stretches. He gets up, and heads to the Hatchery, engulfing several chickens. With his hunger satisfied, he enters the Training Room and starts training, noting the Warlock.

Summary:
    Level: 3.1
    Mood: Normal
    Gold: 5
    Keeper Approval: 10 (Neutral)
    Summary: Wakes up, eats, starts training.

Summary:
    Health: 76%
    Level: 3
    Mood: Annoyed
    Keeper Approval: 20 (Neutral)
    Summary: Switches books.

SUMMARY:
    Level: 2
    Summary: Continues training.
    Last edited by ARMofORION; September 15th, 2012 at 15:16.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

It was already during the battle that something was wrong. Chester suddenly collapsed in a heap and remained in this position while wave ager wave of pain hit him. It wasn't after Kuroki picked him up and dropped him that the heart attack took the warlocks life.

And what are we learning out of this, kids? Smoking is bad and can even kill a warlock after some time.

Chester Summary
    Health: 0%
    Gold: 0.00
    Level: 1.5
    Keeper Approval: 15
    Quick Summary: Chester had a heart attack and died.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Yasidranagia
    "Yidra"
    The Dark Maiden

[Main Theme]

Yidra threw another large chunk of ice towards the moving target and struck it very close to the center. The ice pierced the target as well as a small bit of the wall, stopping the target from moving. Yidra then began casting a new spell, Shine, upon the ice to break and melt it. Once she had finished, the target began to move again.

Hm, I think that's enough for now.

Yidra moved over to the Hatchery, her stomach starting to rise up and rebel against her. She watched the chickens running around and found a particularly excited chicken circling one of the pillars. She walked over to it before purposely stepping on it, crushing its bones beneath her heel. With one swift motion did she retract her foot only to pierce its flesh with her right claw. Yidra lifted up the now dead chicken and stood by a nearby torch. She started to roast its body...

Yasidranagia "Yidra"
    Level: 2
    Experience: 0/25 [+13.85 for training]
    Gold in Hand: 0
    Gold in Lair: 0
    Current Equipment: Iron Claws, Diamond Necklace, Numerous Silver/Gold Bracelets, Leather Gloves, Black High Heels, Roasted Chicken
    Efficiency: 100%

Summery: Yidra leveled up then began roasting a chicken.

OOC: (Well technically she would have gained 13.8 points but who cares about 0.05 points?)
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Grot de Groit
    ...............Master Work-Smith

Grot brought down his hammer. When he made his Freeze Traps he used a rare substance known as 'Cold Iron' which only became malleable in the extreme cold. The troll had had to rig up a special work area at the back of the Workshop; as far away from the ever-raging furnaces as possible.

As a troll used to working amongst the fires of the manufactory, Grot de Groit was certainly not used to the cold. His attire - a ragged grease-stained loincloth - probably wasn't ideal either. As it was, Grot's teeth were rattling in the middle of his flash-frozen smile and sweat trails had frozen down the back of his neck.

"Wha eheef quey, mysta ham?"

De Groit's words garbled as he spat them through his chattering maw.

+)Righ' glumleh time an' no croakin', but by Faust it could be a blight bilesight glumleher fah sure! Trap-work it has tah got tah be done.(+

Level: 2.15
    Keeper Approval: 100 (Harmonious)
    Manufacture Queue: Freeze Trap 1 (78%)
    Mood: 'Glumleh.'
    Quick Summary: Grot is working on his Freeze Trap.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; October 15th, 2012 at 06:43.

Gamer IDs

KEEPER KUROKI
    KEEPER POST

Kuroki watched as a creature approached his beating heart. Out of all his creatures, Kuroki would rate the Pope to be amongst his more reliable and trustworthy.

"I must apologize, Keeper Kuroki, but I must take leave of your dungeon and services. Something seems amiss, and I must return to my fellow friends and allies to discuss a certain matter with them. I am sorry to having to depart so soon and in your hour of need. I will pray for your safety. May good fortune be with you, Keeper Kuroki."

"Something is always amiss, my bile demon. The only variable is what exactly. Your departure is unfortunate and your presence shall be sorely missed.

Heroes that stand idly by the wayside whilst that vermin invades their realm? Self-righteous lawful crusaders letting both brigands and the undead loiter unckecked within the bounds of their territories? What, indeed, is amiss? If it wasn't for the unseemly migraine I had when I entered this realm... well I might have seen it sooner. So Pleasant must either be a blind fool, or a scheming worm. We shall soon find out, I'm sure. With a little foresight and a lick of luck we might still be able to turn it to our advanatge.

"A POPE HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON"

The leaving of his bile demon, however, was followed by the arrival of another creature drawn by his most recently built room. She introduced herself as Yidra. "Feel free to put me to work. I enjoy reading and I don't mind interrogation, but I'm not like other Mistresses. I have other means of finding out information rather than inflicting pain but it best works on males... Also, I would appreciate it if you do not slap me, please. I prefer my honor and dignity to be kept intact. That is all."

"Loyalty and Respect are the only qualities that I seek from those in my service; not only to me but to your fellow creatures. All else is secondary. You seek respect? It is a given freely in this realm to those who give it just as freely to others."

Kuroki turned his attention away from Yidra and set his consciousness adrift.

Those who find themselves incapable? Those I have little patience for.

"A TROLL HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON"

What? Grot? Kuroki looked in on his Workshop to see his longtime manufacturer still hard at work. No; It must have been Ortype...

Suddenly Dregs was at his heart stating that he was urgently needed elsewhere or something to that effect.

"A GOBLIN HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON"

Do they know something I don't? No. I trust Oliran and Dreggory in this instance - if they knew something it would not have been in their interest to keep it from me and they have a loyal bent. I have no doubt they would have told me. Good creatures.

The Keeper decided that now was as good a time as any to bolster his gold reserves further. He cast Create Gold five times - almost emptying the tank of mana. There wasn't even enough for the most basic of spellcasting.

998, 502, 720, 598 and 847. Acceptable.

Another voice - the Black Knight's reply.

"You could not have asked for a better candidate; I will go. But first, allow me some time to recuperate. Afterwards, tell me where I must head forth to locate this Portal Settlement, the name of the creature I will be replacing, and any other necessary information. It may also be necessary to build a bridge, if you have wealth to spare, as the water will greatly hinder my progress. I doubt I should stray away from the dungeon for too long, for your own safety."

Kuroki decided to wait until she'd had sufficent time to rest before he addressed her.

"Keeper?"

Asifet had been tracking down Rattus's scout the last time Kuroki had checked. He had been pleased. Now the warlock had him trapped. It certainly seemed an impressive feat given the spells at his minion's disposal. Kuroki didn't have the mana leftover to help him out however.

"A DARK ELF HAS BECOME ANGRY"

These Dark Elves are tempremental. You try your best to instruct your creatures and help them grow and then they just give you the silent treatment; a slight cold, my metaphysical ass! Every time I try to speak with her... disrespectful; I might as well have been talking to the toadstools.

Kuroki realised letting Electra stay was probably a mistake, but he'd been trying to throw her a bone...

"A DARK ELF HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON"

Ungrateful harpie! Never apologised, never owned up, never even batted an eyelid!

You're getting emotional again, Master.

IF SHE WERE STILL HERE I WOULD JUST GO AND... thank you, Mentor.

Any time, Sir.

A grating voice intruded; "Yeah yeah blah blah blah. I'm gonna be blunt here, Kuroki..."

The Mentor cringed; the Keeper wouldn't react well at all to this right now. Full well he knew his Keeper's bezerk button.

"...I don't like you. I'm sure the feeling is mutual, but I only decided to help you because I don't like Rattus even more. In fact, I hate him! So much that I only have one condition if you want my help. Let me be the one to kill him. That's all I ask. I don't care about Gold or whatever."

The Mentor began to speak calmy and soothingly.

Tranquility, Keeper. You are standing in the middle of an empty fort...

"Oh and another thing; Don't order me around. I'll do as I please. And I ain't gonna go in some stupid Library to read books. That's boring. I'm going to kill. Keep your Imps out of my way if you love them soooo much."

The Mentor upped his efforts, still trying to keep the whole relaxing calming aura. In the Heart Chamber, Kuroki's heart rate increased.

...the stillness of the aftermath of battle. The only sound you hear...

Electra started laughing.

"Oh my, looks like you don't even know how to manage your own creatures properly!"

...is blood dripping from your crimson blade. You are at peace and...

"Definitely not! Hahahaha! How amusing! Looks like you need my help now. I can get you back your adorable little elf if you say please... with enthusiasm of course! Oh and don't even think about saying no. With Rattus closing in and a sudden drop in fighters, you don't have much of a choice! But until then, I'm going to shoot down some of my former "friends". I bet they'll love to see me again! This is gonna be fun!"

Oh no, not for you it won't be...

...you are surronded by corpses; a field of foes laid to rest. You've vanquished everyone and now...

The Mentor knew Kuroki very well. A decade ago Rattus had first betrayed him and shattered the fragile covenant of Keepers to which they had both belonged. It had been a slaughter. Kuroki had escaped, but his apprentice had not. Afterwards he was a changed. For one thing he avoided the great coalitions of the day, but it was more than that. A raging desire for vengeance now burned beneath his calculated, logical and deceptively calm exterior and sometimes creatures got scorched.

Now certainly looked like one of those times.

...you're prize is within your grasp. You feel renewed and the knowledge of what you have accomplished swells...

Shut uppp, Mentor!

Kuroki had spent years trying to corner, Rattus, and now that he had the Mentor could feel the better part of him slipping into the wake of his raging emotions.

The Keeper watched her dealing with Flattery.

"Kuroki, I've captured one of Rattus' Flies. Are we even now? Want me to hunt down his Imps too to set the record straight!? Oh but that's not all! I've some more important information that I gained from the Fly! But it'll cost you your dignity if you want to get your probably filthy hands on it! Ahahahaha! I love this place already!"

Suddenly... he relaxed. He was a frenzied tempest of infuriated calm. He picked up the goblin and dropped her softly near the edge of his territory next to a quartet of Rattus's imps.

"You do that," he replied pleasantly before he continued - voice filled with genuine-seeming concern for his creature; "Just watch out for Rattus's main force on the way back. We wouldn't want you to get hurt now."

NEW SPELL RESEARCHED

Excellent... we have Protect.

Mentor spoke shrewdly.

You're going to kill her.

It was a statement of fact. Kuroki smiled - a rare occurance.

Not yet; let's let her be useful first. There will be time enough for that later, I should think.

You're going to tell the rest of your creatures that she is a double agent and have them all turn on her in the middle of the final battle.

There is irony in there somewhere. I was toying with the idea. You know me too well.

Whilst I commend your change of heart; Treachery isn't honourable... or am I missing something?

She brings dishonour to my dungeon in her actions. She is rabble and she shames us all. I warned her when I released her the consequences of bad behaviour. I'm a 'Keeper' of my word, so to speak. I intend to honour that contract even if Niea has reneged on her part... especially now that she has!

That sounds a bit like weasel-wording, but I'm not complaining. What of the fly?

Having very little health in the first place, healing a fly required perhaps the least mana of any spell and his reserves had recovered some. Kuroki cast heal on Flattery and dropped him immediately into the Torture Chamber. He was immediately strapped in by the new torturer - one who came with excellent credentials. Time would tell if he was worth his salt.

Electra had gotten the truth by tricking him, but the Keeper fully intended to get it by making him squeal. Whatever unimportant tidbit of information that the insufferable goblin had managed to acquire, he would have too in a short time. All the while she would be distracted chasing down Rattus's finest.

The Keeper addressed another of his creatures;

"Ahhh, Yidra - do you mind if I put you to work? I want you to help out the new torturer by keeping other creatures out while he goes to work interrogating one of our prisoners. It is a simple task, but I do need it done and there will be bonus pay - and you will have proved your reliability beyond a doubt. You can even join in with the interrogation if you want to."

After dropping a 50 gold bonus on Asifet for his initiative in both cornering Rattus's scout and in his research. Electra's reward for taking him down was not killing her immediately - especially as she professed not to care about gold. Kuroki now spoke to the Black Knight;

"You will be filling in for Eixe - a goblin in my service. It is a long way to the Portal settlement and a bridge is somewhat infeasible. If you really don't want to walk you could have some of my imps carry you, I suppose. I wouldn't know the details of the competition as my influence doesn't extend that far. That you'll have to work out on your own..."

DUNGEON SUMMARY________________________
    Heart Health: 100%
    Gold Held: 10,643 (+5,230 Mining)(+3,692 Spell)(-50 Bonus) out of a capacity of 70,000
    Spells Researched: Create Imp [Basic], Create Gold [Inherent], Sight of Evil [Inherent], Speed Monster, Heal, Lightning, Protect
    Rooms Researched: Combat Pit [Inherent] Hatchery, Bridge, Lair, Library, Workshop, Treasury, Workshop, Guard Room, Prison, Torture Chamber, Scavenger Room [Pending]
    Available Creatures: Fly, Firefly, Goblin, Spider, Beetle, Warlock, Troll, Bile Demon, Demon Spawn, Orc, Dark Elf, Black Knight, Skeleton, Mistress, Ghost
    Convertable/Transferable Heroes: Tunneler, Dwarf, Human Archer, Barbarian, Giant, Guard, Elven Archer, Wizard, Knight,
    Current Creatures: 18 + 11 Imps
    Annika (AoO's Warlock), Asifet (MC's Warlock), Tarik (AoO's Warlock), Electra (MGR's Goblin), Eixe (Evi's Goblin), Beetlington (SF2's Beetle), Grot (MC's Troll), Keeyai (Dram's Demon Spawn), Zaral (AoO's Demon Spawn), The Black Knight (MGR's Black Knight), Yidra (MGR's Mistress)
    Mdukos (EJ's Goblin), Kosov (DL's Warlock), Chuckles (W-H's Spider)

Other Stuff

Last edited by MeinCookie; October 29th, 2012 at 07:27.

Gamer IDs

Asifet
    the Warlock

Asifet returned Keeper Spells M-Z to its shelf and began looking for something on the Scavenger Room.

\\Drivel and Litany: A Critique of the Avatar.... what is that doing in this section?.//

The Warlock set the book aside and selected a volume labeled; Scavenging: Zielmad's Handbook.

"This will do."

Asifet carried it back to his armchair and began to read.

ASIFET SUMMARY__________
    Creature Profile
    Gold in Lair: 550
    Level: 5.9
    Keeper Approval: 63 (Calm)
    Mood: Fine.
    Quick Summary: Asifet began researching the Scavenger Room.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; October 13th, 2012 at 10:45.

Gamer IDs

Magdeburg
    Head of Guard

Magdeburg stood proudly in his shinning armour; he was a vision of heroic perfection. Beneath the tireless spit and polish of his spotless armour, darker thoughts had taken sway. He couldn't believe that Rattus's assault had faltered. Frustration rested heavily upon his features, hidden behind his sparkling silver visor. Now they would have to wait and wait, until both sides once more fully commited.

He wasn't going to fill Pleasant in with the situation lest the young monk change his mind. If Pleasant wanted to stay couped up alone in his own personal library and refusing to see anyone that was his call. Whilst amongst the troops he took every precaution not to undermine the good Father's command, he couldn't help but chaff in his position. In truth, he had to agree strategically with Glorydale; the Islands were irrelevant. Nonethless, as Head of the Guard he had a duty.

The Knight had promised himself something. Once they squashed Kuroki, the two Keeper armies and finally Rattus they would march into the portal settlement and ransack it. Father Pleasant had insisted that the squalid little slum served a purpose essential in retaining control. If so, Magdeburg couldn't guess what. Nonetheless once Rattus and Kuroki had been taken out of the equation, whatever purpose that Pleasant had lined up for it must surely be complete.

"Good riddance," he muttered to himself.

Delay wasn't the only thing that bothered Magdeburg, though. Dryll had not checked back in with the tunnelers and hadn't arrived back in at the Treasury. If something had happened to him then Pleasant might start asking questions. Admittedly it wasn't too suspicious with all the loses they had been taking to Rattus lately, but Pleasnt always seemed to have a knack for knowing when something wasn't quite right. He would suspect. As the monk always said, 'Nothing is truly hidden from those in the service of the Avatar.' The Knight still wanted to know where he got his information from.

"Cadwallon?"

His right-hand man turned to face him. She was a woman and her open visor attested the fact.

"Sir?"

Together they were the last two Steelies in the Red Crystal Islands.

"Can you pass on some orders to Vilipend?"

"Do it yourself, Sir. He is right behind you."

Magdeburg turned around cursing the limited field of vision provided by his visor. Before him stood one of the Elven Archers that had just returned from the Guard Room - evidently with something to report.

"We were just taking pot shots at one of Rattus's scouts that flew by. We think Kuroki might have finished him off."

"Good man, but I need you for something else. I want you to go on a scouting mission and see if you can find any sign of Dryll. Also..." Magdeburg dropped his voice to a whisper, "...keep it discrete. We don't want Father Pleasant getting wind of this."
    Last edited by MeinCookie; January 2nd, 2013 at 07:39.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

Zaral stops attacking the dummy, and walks away, grabbing a quick chicken, and walks back to the Training Room. He was about to continue his attack, but asks: "Keeper? Did we win, or were we forced to back down?" He then begins to attack the Dummy.

Summary:
    Level: 3.2
    Gold: 5
    Keeper Approval: 10 (Neutral)
    Summary: Goes for food, asks a question, continues attacking.