Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Crystal Islands

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Red Crystal Islands

The Black Knight
    (Main Theme)
    (Battle Theme)

The Black Knight was still traveling through the water. She was almost a quarter of the way there. Though the traveling was tough, she kept going onward towards her destination. She still held a tight grip on the annoying chicken. She wondered if it could be heard all the way across the water, at the Portal Settlement. It simply refused to shut up.

. . . . .The Black Knight
    Health: 100%
    Armor Health: 99%
    Level: 3
    Experience: 22.02/35
    Gold in Hand: 0
    Gold in Lair: 400
    Current Weapons/Items Carried: Great Sword
    Location: In the Water South of the Unclaimed Island Southwest of Kuroki's Island
    Efficiency: 40%

Summery: The Black Knight traveled.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; November 3rd, 2012 at 10:40.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Finland continued to cry as she was repeatedly slapped in the face. The Torturer had stopped pretending to stab her with a knife, and had now begun actually doing it. She was bleeding from her arms and legs, as he had noticeably not attacked her chest or other areas. It was obvious that he didn't want to deal any critical blow to her... for now.

"What's beyond the bridge area!?" the Torturer questioned in a fierce tone.

Finland only shook her head, and received a jab in the stomach for refusal. The torture went on, and Finland received several more knife wounds in her chest area until the Torturer began swinging a flail in front of her, threatening to hit her in the face with it. Finland wanted to tell him dearly. She had very much wanted to tell him what he wanted to know since the beginning. Rattus was no Keeper worth dying for, and she knew nothing about resisting torture. She had been very afraid.

"What's beyond the bridge area!?" the Torturer repeated once more, becoming more frightening every time.

Finland merely shook her head. It was magic that kept her mouth shut. Rattus had practiced the art of Must Obey so much that it still remained in effect on her, even now. She did not have the will power to break the spell. But it was that of which would cost her dearly. The Torturer kept his promise and gave the flail a swing. It struck her across the face, and her head suddenly fell forward and hung there. Her eyes shut and appearing unconscious while blood dripped down from the side of her head. There was enough blood dripping down to cause the Torturer to be concerned. That would be two out of three chances gone down the drain.

Finland suddenly looked up, or at least she thought she did. Her vision was a blur and only did she vaguely see her killer standing before her. But behind him was another figure; some sort of humanoid. It floated closer and Finland could make out more of its details. It was a female in a white dress with white skin and long light grayish hair. Finland tried to reach out, discovering that her hands were no longer bound. But more did she discover that her hand was no longer flesh and blood.

The woman smiled, and drifted closer towards Finland. She phased through her, and suddenly Finland felt her body going numb. She tried to fight it, but she didn't have the will to do it. She realized it was the woman who was making her go numb, trying to take command of her. Finland continued to try and fight against her, but the woman easily overpowered her. Suddenly she felt a blissful smile spread across her face. She was no longer Finland.

A TORTURE VICTIM HAS DIED AND RETURNED AS A GHOST

Pasili

"The Storm"

[Main Theme]

The ghostly woman had now become visible to the naked eye. There was no Ghost of Finland, only she, Pasili. Finland's body had also disappeared, as expected. Her body had been merged with the spirit due to the magic of the Torture Chamber, the process of becoming a Ghost. But unfortunately, Finland's ghost had not been given a chance, for she, Pasili, had taken that opportunity from her. She gave a blissful smile to the Torturer, happy that he killed her. So very happy.

"You have no idea how grateful I am for what you just did..." Pasili whispered with a soothing tone, "So many years searching for a chance... and now here I am again. Oh how I miss my master, dearest Keeper Ivenik. I am sorry my love but I must now find a new master to serve, I cannot live alone..."

Pasili looked down at the Torturer once more, then gave him a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you again for giving me another chance to live."

Pasili then began to float off, searching for the Heart of the Keeper who owned the Torture Chamber. The Torturer stood alone in confusion, watching her move away. He looked back at the empty table. "Well, shit," he muttered to himself, "Kuroki! I need another one!"

Pasili entered the Main Dungeon. She had passed through here as a Lost Soul earlier, but did actually enter it. She had a feeling that the Dungeon Heart existed here. She passed through a Combat Pit and then a Lair, deciding to settle down there since it was on the way. She created her Lair in the center, positioning it a little off to the east. It was a very messy looking bed, for Pasili never cared about making her bed even as a Hero. It would just get messed up again every time she slept.

Pasili continued to travel through the rooms, then eventually found herself at the Entrance Portal where she heard a beating heart. She turned, then looked into Kuroki's Dungeon Heart for a moment before hovering forward. She stopped before it, speaking in the same soothing tone as before, "Hello, Keeper. Who are you, exactly? I am Pasili. I used to be a Priestess following my beloved Keeper Ivenik, but then I died. I wandered the lands as a spirit, searching for a chance to come back. I have found it now. I have taken over the spirit of that female Troll you were torturing earlier. And now it seems I am in your service. How may I help you?"

Pasili
    Level: 1
    Experience: 0/15
    Gold in Lair: 0
    Current Equipment: None
    Efficiency: 100%

Summery: Finlin died under torture, became possessed and taken over by a lost soul. Now a Ghost named Pasili, she has pledged allegiance to Kuroki. The Torturer also requests another prisoner.

Tesonu is napping!

Rinialrah
    The Alluring Temptress

A Dark Elf suddenly leaped from the Entrance Portal.

NIEA HAS RETURNED TO YOUR DUNGEON.

The Dark Elf looked up in confusion and blinked. The non-physical being stared down at her. He put on his non-physical glasses and had a closer look.

ER, NEVERMIND.

The Dark Elf, Rinialrah, stepped forward towards and into the Heart Chamber. She stood by a humanoid female Ghost and openly greeted her, "Hello there." She soon found herself kneeling before Kuroki's Heart Chamber, her tone turning from a casual greeting to a serious formality, "Great Keeper, Kuroki. I have heard of your ways, how you try and avoid needless violence by giving opponents a chance of surrender instead of charging in to kill them as any other Keeper would do. I honor your ways. I would like to fight for you, and to help you overcome opponents by means of surrender instead of violence. I am a Dark Elf of Close and Long Range. I possess powerful magic and can research. I am also a Temptress and can use my alluring magic to trick opponents. I am at your service."

Rinialrah
    Current Equipment: Spear, Crossbow, Quiver (20/20 Broadhead Arrows)

Summery: Rinialrah appeared, greeted Pasili, and introduced herself to Kuroki.

Tesonu is napping!

Flattery's eyes slowly began to open as he became aware of his current situation. He found himself in a small room. He tried to fly up but found his wings to be broken. Memories of the events from before rushed through his mind, and he felt the pain of reliving through those memories all over again. Where was he? How did he get here?

"Oh, you're finally awake."

Flattery turned his head, finding a Rogue girl crouching down against the wall next to him. His mind went wild and he began rapidly asking questions, "Who are you? Where am I? How did I get here? What happened to the To-" She hushed him, "Shh... You need to be quiet." The Rogue looked around cautiously before speaking again through a whisper, "I'm Lily. I'm a new Rogue working for Keeper Rattus." "What happened?" he asked her. "You were having a terrible nightmare."

Flattery buzzed a bit, "Nightmare? My wings were broken, and look at them now!" Lily hushed him again, "Shh, I told you we need to keep quiet! I'll explain." She looked around again before turning her attention back to him, "You were taking an unusually long time to report so I was sent to look for you. I found you flying around, you were being chased." The Fly suddenly buzzed excitedly, "Chased? I remember that! There was this slow ass Warlock, but he could Teleport! Then I came to this Prison area and met with Electra, but she tricked me... She broke my wings! Broke them! Then threw me in prison and betrayed me! Betrayed us!"

Lily had to keep him quiet. She kept looking around cautiously to make sure no one heard and then looked back to him, "That's not what happened." "Not what happened? I remember it! I remember it clearly! He chased me and then she broke my wings!" Flattery told her, but she merely shook her head, "You were being chased, but the part about this Electra did not happen. That Warlock you mentioned, I saw him teleport in front of you and surprise you with a Meteor. The blow knocked you unconscious."

Flattery buzzed confusedly, "Then how did my wings break? Huh?" "He broke them, while you were unconscious. That must be why you dreamed Electra doing it. I managed to launch a surprise attack on him, and crippled him. We fought for a while but I ended up killing him." "And then what happened? How did we get here?" Lily took in a deep breath, "After the fight, I knew I had to get you out of there. Some more of Kuroki's creatures began to chase after us, but I ran. I carried you to this remote part of his dungeon, they won't find us for the time being."

Flattery seemed to be slowly taking in the information. He waited a while before speaking again, "So that's how we got here. But how do we get out?" "We have to try and sneak away. It's our only chance to return to Rattus," Lily answered. Flattery seemed to understand, "Ok, let's go."

Lily stood up, then began to pick up the Fly, but suddenly stopped, "Wait a minute... you saw some things, didn't you?" Flattery buzzed confusedly, "Things? What things?" "While you were out exploring, didn't you find any useful information?" the Rogue asked him. Flattery remained quiet for a moment, then he finally answered, "Yes! I saw a lot of things! Creepy things! Important things! It's different from Kuroki and the Heroes!"

Lily sat back down, "What was it?"

"I have to tell the Keeper!"

"Calm down, calm down!" Lily hushed him again, "Listen, we need to get this information back to Rattus. Only you carry it, and you can't fly. I can't fight while carrying you either, so if we're discovered, we're done for, and Rattus won't receive the information. And nothing is more important to a scout than delivering their information." Flattery thought for a moment, "You're right." Lily smiled, "Well, tell me what you found. In case something happens, I will make sure the message is delivered."

Flattery thought for a moment, then buzzed excitedly, "Waaaiiit a minute... Why did the Keeper send you? Rattus never seemed to care about me. He slapped me for no reason. I'm just a Fly he says." Lily looked down for a moment, then looked back up to him, "Um... well, the truth is... I sort of... lied." The Fly stared at her suspiciously, but did not interrupt this time, "I wasn't actually sent... I volunteered. I heard Rattus complaining about how long you were taking, so I volunteered to look for you. He said he didn't want to bother because you were just a Fly, and didn't care about you. He said he didn't care whether or not I went because I was just a new recruit, like you, so I left to find you. I was worried. I didn't want to tell you that because I was afraid I would hurt your feelings about what he said. I'm sorry."

Flattery sat quietly, taking in all the information. He finally spoke, "Ok... that makes more sense. Don't worry, I'm not hurt. I mean my wings hurt but I'm not hurt. You get what I mean?" Lily smiled, "I understand. You were going to tell me?" The Fly buzzed excitedly, "Yes! Yes! Give me a moment to remember everything."

After a brief moment, he spoke again, "Ok, I remember it all."

Yidra smiled, "Go on, I'm listening."

Yasidranagia "Yidra"
    Level: 2
    Experience: 0/25
    Current Equipment: Iron Claws, Diamond Necklace, Numerous Silver/Gold Bracelets, Leather Gloves, Black High Heels
    Location: Empty Northwest Room in the Abandoned Dungeon, Near the Ruined Heart
    Efficiency: 125%

Summery: Yidra tricked Flattery and is awaiting him to tell her of his findings.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; November 15th, 2012 at 00:59.

Tesonu is napping!

The Black Knight
    (Main Theme)
    (Battle Theme)

A heavy armored foot slammed into the water. Another foot slowly made its way on front of the first one and followed its pattern of splashing its way into the ground. The Black Knight was familiar with this slow and tedius process. This... "walking". She had done plenty of it recently. She was about halfway there, getting so much closer. The pace of her walking was aggravating, but nothing could be done of it. She just had to restrain herself from letting loose her annoyance of the travel. Yes, restrain herself. She took a look at the now quiet chicken. His head hung lifelessly as she kept going. She had silenced him, and he got what he deserved for not keeping quiet. Yes, restrain herself.

. . . . .The Black Knight
    Armor Health: 99%
    Level: 3
    Experience: 22.02/35
    Gold in Lair: 400
    Current Weapons/Items Carried: Great Sword
    Location: In the Water South of the Unclaimed Island Southwest of Kuroki's Island
    Efficiency: 40%

Summery: The Black Knight traveled. Chicken died.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Asifet
    the Aggressor

Only a short time before Asifet had been in the Library researching the Scavanger Room, but he had had to get out and clear his head. He knew no better way to do so then a good fight. So it was that he was here, in the Combat Pit, and about to face off against one of Kuroki's prisoners - a goblin - in melee combat. It was not an alarming thought as it may have been for other warlocks. This was where Asifet felt comfortable.

Brushing blonde locks from his eyes, Asifet addressed his advesary; "How well can you fight, Goblin? Because if you can't put on a good show then you may as well return to your cell; You would be useless to me. A challange is what I seek. I daresay you hope to avoid Kuroki's shiny new Torture Chamber? Then make yourself useful and FIGHT!"

Whilst his opponent was both stupid and ugly, he was comitted to not ending up in the torture chamber just yet. Jim Bob and Asifet had Speed Monster cast upon them and a melee commenced that hurt the eyes with its speed and intensity. Blades clashed and weapons undulated through the air. It unfolded as if on fast forward, a strange dance filled with brilliant splashes and the glint of razor-sharp cutting edges.

Asifet never even heard the Keeper;
    "I don't know when Rattus will attack so I want this to be a quick bout if you can manage it."

Asifet unleashed a serious of wild slashes, forcing Jim Bob back. The goblin struck back lashing out madly - but without enough force to penetrate even the decorative bronze breastplate that Asifet wore underneath his robes.

The goblin attempted to push his advantage but Asifet wouldn't have it, stonewalling Jim Bob's attempts.

\\You had better do better than that goblin.//

Asifet teleported, breaking the melee.

He reappeared behind his opponents and dropped, taking down Jim Bob with a sweeping kick. The manoeuvre didn't proceed exactly as planned. Jimb Bob flailed wildly, his sword finding Asifet's upper arm as he fell. The warlock recoiled, keeping his distance as to inspect the status of his arm.

\\This is superficial; it's only a flesh wound.//

Asifet lashed out before the goblin could get to his feet, inflicting several bloody wounds upon his opponent and forcing him to backpedal across the floor of the Combat Pit. The warlock followed him, lancing out with the corkscrew impaling end of his battlestaff, forcing him back further and cornering him. Jim Bob looked around dumbly, green forehead creasing in thought as he looked for an opening.

"What can I say? I'm not impressed."

His words were distorted by the Speed spell, but Jim Bob didn't even notice that. The goblin responded by diving towards Asifet.

Rolling and rising, he got a grip upon the warlock's battlestaff. Jim Bob and his foe wrestled over the weapon until the goblin brought his shortsword to bear, stabbing the warlock in the stomach. Asifet cried out, grip loosening; Jim Bob disposed of it by hurling it into the far corner of the pit.

Jim backed up, still kneeling above Asifet's form and preparing a killing blow.

The martial warlock lashed out with his leg, knocking his opponent off balance. He reached out, dragging Jim Bob off of him and toppling him, head first into the floor.

"Better, but you underestimated me severely."

Asifet twisted the goblin's sword arm behind him, pushing him prone into the dusty pit floor with the aid of the rest of his body. He used his spare hand to cast the Heal spell upon himself.

He pried the shortsword from his enemies clenched hand and promptly used the pommel to dispatch his foe with a short sharp blow to the back of the head.

LEVEL UP

Invisibility Unlocked

Asifet stood, dusting himself off before he addressed the Keeper;
    "The goblin is unconscious, my Keeper!"

"THE BATTLE IN THE COMBAT PIT IS OVER."

ASIFET SUMMARY__________
    Creature Profile
    Gold in Lair: 550
    Health: 82%
    Level: 6 (0|700)
    Keeper Approval: 63 (Calm)
    Mood: Fine.
    Quick Summary: Asifet fights Jim Bob and wins.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

KEEPER KUROKI
    KEEPER POST

Whilst Kuroki could not ask for a finer or more varied assortment of creatures than that which he now possessed, he feared their numbers were far to few. The situation was not dire, by his reckoning, but it wasn't optimal by any stretch.

He also watched his new Torturer with growing disatisfaction. Was it impossible to get decent hired help in such a backwater realm? He knew that he shouldn't be surpised.

A TORTURE VICTIM HAS DIED AND RETURNED AS A GHOST!

"Kuroki! I need another one!"

"You're methods are brutish, ineffective and simplistic. It seems your recommendations are false, Torturer. I want to keep some prisoners alive, Haversham! It might surpise you to learn this, but corpses aren't actually useful to me."

"But Keeper... that is my job!"

"You're job is what I say it is," Kuroki dropped the Torturer flailing into the Workshop before despairingly ordering; "Make me some Steel Doors or something, Fool."

Who to replace him with...

The Keeper in a stroke of inspiration knew exactly what to do. He picked up one of his imps and dropped him outside the Torture Chamber. Pariah was an unusually vicious little imp with a taste for the theatrical. His swollen forehead bulged, even beneath his crimson linen chaperon. His eyes were unnaturally small and beady and his smile was filled with sharp little incisors. He also knew how to follow orders and wasn't an idiot. He would make an adequete deputy for his new head torturer when she was finished interrogating the captured fly.

"Pariah, you are on Interrogation duty. You report to Yidra, the mistress. You do as she says and you take over for her when she is busy."

The Torturers fumblings weren't entirely unfruitful as the Keeper acquired a new creature to his ranks.

"Hello, Keeper. Who are you, exactly? I am Pasili. I used to be a Priestess following my beloved Keeper Ivenik, but then I died. I wandered the lands as a spirit, searching for a chance to come back. I have found it now. I have taken over the spirit of that female Troll you were torturing earlier. And now it seems I am in your service. How may I help you?"

"I am Keeper Kuroki and this is my dungeon within the Southern Isles. You are welcome here, Pasili. Unfortunately we can't match my enemies here in number and so we must overcome through superior skill and magical knowledge. If you wish to devote yourself to either training or research, it would be appreciated."

Pasili was followed by another new arrival.

"Great Keeper, Kuroki. I have heard of your ways, how you try and avoid needless violence by giving opponents a chance of surrender instead of charging in to kill them as any other Keeper would do. I honor your ways. I would like to fight for you, and to help you overcome opponents by means of surrender instead of violence. I am a Dark Elf of Close and Long Range. I possess powerful magic and can research. I am also a Temptress and can use my alluring magic to trick opponents. I am at your service."

"Greetings, Dark Elf. If you have the capacity your services would be valuable in the Library where research into both the Scavanger Room and the Pro..."

NEW SPELL RESEARCHED

"...nevermind, that. I have the Protect Spell now."

Kuroki addressed Annika who had been researching the spell; "Excellent work, Annika. Pick up a bonus from the Treasury if you desire."

The Keeper shifted his attention to Yidra as Flattery unwittingly revealed the results of his explorations. Still, Kuroki could not help but speculate exactly how effective Yidra's methods would yield against creatures less naive - or more paranoid. As he listened to Flattery's information, map information began to flow in and update.

I thought he would have far more creatures in reserve. Given his last show of force and it isn't as if he hasn't had time to replenish. Have I finally worn him down or are they in another part of his dungeon?

His own dungeon wasn't the only thing that the fly had seen that was of interest. to Kuroki, of course. There were more skeletons.

"The goblin is unconscious, my Keeper!"

"THE BATTLE IN THE COMBAT PIT IS OVER."

"Good..." Kuroki eyed his warlock thoughtfully. Asifet more than proven himself a steadfast and loyal minion. While he hadn't been around as long as Eixe, Beetlington or Grot; he did stand out for his reliability and broad competence. "Asifet, in the service of this dungeon you have excelled. I am promoting you to the rank of Unfettered Hand of Kuroki and will be in charge of managing a small contingent. You will be tasked with... special assignments. Can I trust you with this?"

Kuroki apparently liked the answer because he dropped Asifet in the training room before announcing his decision to the greater dungeon;

"Grot, Pasili and Zaral... I am going to assign you to Dracnesse under the command of my warlock, Asifet. He has been promoted to the rank of Hand. I will assign you special objectives and you will work cohesively together as a team; I would suggest you off start by training together. I have faith in your abilities, my creatures."

In truth, the Keeper had his doubts. Zaral was too inexperienced, Pasili was an unknown quantity and Grot was... well... he was Grot. At the same time Kuroki had faith. Without setting creatures challenges, how could they rise above them?

DUNGEON SUMMARY________________________
    Heart Health: 100%
    Gold Held: 17,793 (+4,100 Mining) out of a capacity of 70,000
    Spells Researched: Create Imp [Basic], Create Gold [Inherent], Sight of Evil [Inherent], Speed Monster, Heal, Lightning, Protect
    Rooms Researched: Combat Pit [Inherent] Hatchery, Bridge, Lair, Library, Workshop, Treasury, Workshop, Guard Room, Prison, Torture Chamber, Scavenger Room [Pending]
    Available Creatures: Fly, Firefly, Goblin, Spider, Beetle, Warlock, Troll, Bile Demon, Demon Spawn, Orc, Dark Elf, Black Knight, Skeleton, Mistress, Ghost
    Convertable/Transferable Heroes: Tunneler, Dwarf, Human Archer, Barbarian, Giant, Guard, Elven Archer, Wizard, Knight,
    Current Creatures: 11 + 11 Imps
    Annika (AoO's Warlock), Asifet (MC's Warlock), Tarik (AoO's Warlock), Eixe (Evi's Goblin), Beetlington (SF2's Beetle), Grot (MC's Troll), Keeyai (Dram's Demon Spawn), Zaral (AoO's Demon Spawn), The Black Knight (MGR's Black Knight), Yidra (MGR's Mistress), Pasili (MGR's Ghost), Rinialrah (MGR's Dark Elf)
    Mdukos (EJ's Goblin)

Other Stuff

{RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Yasidranagia
    "Yidra"
    The Dark Maiden

[Main Theme]

"Thank you for your cooperation. You have greatly assisted my master," Yidra replied to Flattery with a sly smile. Flattery was a bit dumbfounded, "Thanks I-Wait... what do you mean your master? I thought Rat-" Yidra backhanded the Fly across the face and gave him a good kick in the back of the head, knocking him unconscious. She picked him up, then looked towards Kuroki, "It is done. I hope you are satisfied, my lord."

After throwing Flattery back in the prison, Yidra returned to the Torture Chamber to see how the Torturer was doing. She was shocked to find that not only was the Torturer missing, but an Imp seemed to be standing in its place. The Imp saluted her, "Pariah, reporting for Torturer duty, ma'am." Yidra blinked, "I... I..." Yidra was lost for words, then she let out a sigh.

What is the meaning of this?

Yidra could see the Troll was gone. No doubt, she died under interrogation and was turned into a Ghost. But before that happened, the Torturer must have extracted some sort of information from her. If she talked, then why was Kuroki dissatisfied by him? The answer was obvious, in that she didn't talk. Yidra could not understand why that could have been.

With the beating and frightening that he gave her, surely she would have broken down a bit and talked. That kind of pain and fear would have brought her to a point where she wanted to bear it no more, and was willing to betray Rattus to reveal such information. Even Yidra, had she not been trained by professionals to withstand and control her pain, would have broken down and talked.

Surely something went wrong, some reason why the Troll didn't talk. She certainly looked like she wanted to. It could not have been the Torturer's fault. Why could Kuroki not see that? Even with that aside, to replace the Torturer based on that one mistake? And to replace him with... an Imp of all things?

While Yidra had, from personal experiences, known that Imps could be capable of other unordinary tasks beyond their simple mining and the like, no Imp would be capable of performing the task of Interrogating while providing as good a result as a professionally trained Torturer. Torturing in itself was beyond the nature of an Imp. The only chance something like this was possible was if the Keepers themselves proved to be especially brutish by nature, and that nature was reflected in the Imps. Yidra knew Kuroki was not quite like that. Therefore, she knew the Imp would simply not be capable of the same performance. So just what in the name of the Dark Gods was Kuroki thinking?

Yidra wanted to speak out to Kuroki, but part of her forbid it. When she met with the Mistresses of Grimace, one of the most important rules they taught her was to always obey and respect the Keeper, no matter what. Imps were also to be treated with kindness, for they indirectly represented and were represented by the Keeper. It all made sense to her at the time, but this...?

This is absurd.

Previously, the only time Yidra spoke back to the Keeper was when she was becoming heavily emotional. When she did, she usually spoke out of terms as a result of being controlled by her emotions, and things ended up badly for her. Her training taught her to command these emotions, but it also gave her the courage to speak her mind without needing the push from her emotions. That gave her the opportunity to voice her opinion, without letting loose her emotions. Even if her teachings forbid it, she decided to follow her own instinct and speak anyways.

"Lord Kuroki, what has happened to the Torturer?" Yidra asked him, retaining a polite and neutral tone, "Why has he been replaced by an Imp? With all due respect, I question the wisdom of this decision. Imps do not have the same training to be capable of terrorizing the prisoners into talking. Anything needed beyond that is something I can handle."

Yasidranagia "Yidra"
    Level: 2
    Experience: 0/25
    Current Equipment: Iron Claws, Diamond Necklace, Numerous Silver/Gold Bracelets, Leather Gloves, Black High Heels

Summery: Kuroki knocked Flattery out and put him back in prison, then questioned Kuroki about his decision to replace the Torturer with an Imp.

Tesonu is napping!

Pasili

"The Storm"

[Main Theme]

"I am Keeper Kuroki and this is my dungeon within the Southern Isles. You are welcome here, Pasili. Unfortunately we can't match my enemies here in number and so we must overcome through superior skill and magical knowledge. If you wish to devote yourself to either training or research, it would be appreciated."

Pasili liked the sound of that. While Kuroki would obviously be unaware of her capabilities at this point of time, she was perfect for this kind of situation. One of the things Ivenik loved about her was her ability to turn an enemy's numbers against them. Such forceful and simplistic strategies of numbers and raw power proved to be of no value against her and her ability to command the storms at will. Thanks to her efforts, Ivenik's lifespan had been stretched to allow him almost another decade to live.

Pasili wanted to practice some of her magical spells before she entered battle. She didn't know how long it had been since she commanded the storms, but she knew it had to be at least a decade. But before she got too absorbed into that, she wanted to do a bit of exploring. She hadn't gotten much of a chance to do that before, being in a rush to reach the Torture Chamber. Pasili flew towards the southern entrance of Kuroki's dungeon but stopped abruptly when she heard his voice.

"Grot, Pasili and Zaral... I am going to assign you to Dracnesse under the command of my warlock, Asifet. He has been promoted to the rank of Hand. I will assign you special objectives and you will work cohesively together as a team; I would suggest you off start by training together. I have faith in your abilities, my creatures."

Pasili frowned.

That's just lame.

She didn't like the sound of that at all. She had just started out and already she was having the chains of command thrown onto her. She would now have to answer to not only the Keeper, but another Creature. One of which she knew nothing about. Pasili did not desire to work for him. She did not like following such a strict and inflexible way of command. Pasili may have followed Ivenik's orders, but he was different. Aside from their relationship, they were more of requests than orders.

What she didn't understand was why she in particular was being leashed. The Dark Elf that just entered received no orders. She thought for a moment that perhaps Kuroki privately addressed his creatures, but then disregarded the thought. Ivenik had taught her how to tell when a Keeper extends his voice to individual creatures or the whole dungeon. At first, it sounded so complicated. But after a while, it became so obvious. She knew it was a global announcement to the whole dungeon. Besides, she heard that Grot and Zaral had also been assigned to the same command, whoever they were.

Pasili decided to ignore the command and do her own thing anyways. She told herself she'll make up for it by listening to whatever else Kuroki has to say, at least when it comes to battle or something. Pasili began flying around the Southern Excavations, her earlier annoyance being replaced by happiness. Her spiritual body began making its way farther south, then she came to an abrupt stop. She saw a very large Black Knight wading his way through the water. A smirk fell upon her face.

Pasili always liked Knights. She supposed that, while she was in the service of the Heroes, she had developed a liking for such figures. She had always thought that many of the Knights were handsome. She swooned over the command they were given to protect her in battle. To have such a big, strong, muscular man in shining white armor so bravely fight for her life, for her love, the thought of it had made her giggle like a little girl.

Now, she felt embarrassed to have thought such things. To have simple crushes on men she never really knew. The Knights assigned to her as a bodyguard were no different than the bodyguards of any of the other Priestesses and Wizards. They were often switched around, so she never got close to any one Knight. Thinking back, she now understood why the older women thought her to be so ridiculous and childish from time. After all, she was only a young teenage girl at the time. She thought she knew what love was back then, but she hadn't. She didn't know what it was until she met Ivenik.

But even after entering Ivenik's services did Pasili's liking of Knights continue. She didn't like them the same way as she did before, but she had a respect for them. There was one Knight of whom she was especially fond of, however. His name was Ruko. She liked him because he always respected her desire to be free. But part of the other reason why she liked him was because he was often selected to be Ivenik's vessel. Pasili remembered how his brown eyes turned to a pure blue. She thought that those were Ivenik's true eyes. Her heart sang out at the memory of his beautiful eyes.

Pasili decided she wanted to meet this Black Knight. She wondered if he was anything like Ruko. And if he was, then Pasili found her first likable person in Kuroki's dungeon.

Pasili
    Current Equipment: None

Summery: Pasili was unhappy with Kuroki's order, then decided to ignore it and explored. She went to the Southern Excavations, farther south, then saw The Black Knight and wanted to meet her.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Moranaax

Keeyai
    Crazy Berserker of the Demon Spawn

Keeyai blinked open his eyes and yawned, revealing the rows of long, pointed teeth in his jaws. How long was I asleep? I really need to pay attention to my sleep cycle. He stood and stretched. He felt much better after his nap. He made his way over to the hatchery and munched on a couple of chickens. Lacking anything better to do, Keeyai proceeded to the Training Room and began to train again. "I hope the Keeper will have something interesting for me to do soon. Training is fine, but I really like fighting." he muttered to himself.

Keeyai
    Level: 2.5
    Gold: 0
    Mood: Bored
    Keeyai woke up, ate a few chickens, then began training again.