Page 54 of 139 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Northland Iceland

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Northland Iceland

Vermillion, the Rogue

Vermillion continued to blather out as he was tortured - inter-dispersed by long periods of blacking out and whimpering.

"Why is you a'doing this to Vermsy? He is roguesy... innocentness!! Why is the Legless DWARF all Bite-ied him!! Ahhhhh..."

The rogue squealed loudly.

"Y0ou hurting him, FLY! Fly... bad hurt. Arrgghhhh."

Vermillion wet his pants...

Gold: 65 + 479 vomit-encrusted coins
    Mood: Hurt
    Last edited by MeinCookie; January 8th, 2011 at 03:45.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Admortis treated his metal for what felt like, and probably was, the 20th time. The metal was becoming extremely ductile and strong, and surely wasn't going to be brittle in any sense of the word.

Figuring that the metal had undergone enough treatment, he set about superheating the metal one more time, to boiling point and beyond!

In the mean time, he found a perfect little mold with which to make his thousands of tiny chain-links, and set it up near the furnace which his metal was heating in.

Only a matter of tens of hours now!

Admortis is, like, still making armour. Sheesh.

Gamer IDs

Vermillion, the Rogue

Vermillion continued to pathetically whine as the fly dished out his torture

->Why is fly doing this to him? Why? What did the Vermsy ever... do to fly? Ohhh Dark Gods...<- Vermillion's internal monologue became external rapidly as the torture continued apace, "He HURTS!! ARRRTGGHH!! KEEPER SAVE HIM!!"

The Voice within him appeared to have a much higher pain threshold and merely grunted. When he addressed Vermillion, however, his tone was icy cold.

-->This would not have happened if you hadn't got me drunk you utter imbecile. Now look where we are! You've gotten us into a fight, in debt to the scaly lizard and chucked in the good Keeper's dungeon. What is more, I still have a f*cking headache! If the Keeper doesn't kill you I'll give it my bloody best shot!!!<--

The Voice poked Vermillion right in the pain center of the brain - a feet which made Vermillion scream louder than the result of any previous torture despite the fact that Flyrayas was not at that moment touching him. A conveniently placed wine glass shattered.

"What did you goes and does that for! He... OUCH!!" Vermillion exclaimed.

Vermillion's torture continued to continue.

Mood: Utter Agony
    Last edited by MeinCookie; January 8th, 2011 at 03:47.

Gamer IDs

Vermillion, the Rogue

Vermillion whimpered, the torture had temporarily halted - but his wounds stung and his head pounded.

"Why is they doing this to him?" he whispered to the still air.

The rogue feebly pulled on the chains holding him to the torture wheel. Why were they doing this? WHY?

Why doesn't matter, Verm. What matters is what are you gonna do about it?

He heard the clacking voice of his long dead skeletal younger brother, reverberating distantly across his mind. Vex had said those very words long, long ago. It was after he became locked out of the prison that was his childhood home. He had waited outside those steel metal walls for weeks - separated from all but his brother. It was his brother who told him to move on. His wise, smart, loyal younger brother.

->Vexy, you is right... always is you are. Vermsy will break out!<-

The real voice inside his head groaned.

-->Ohhhh, lovely - now you've got more voices in your head. If your mental state was any more dubious we would have to elect a government...<--

->Vermsy, he dislikes you voicey. Quiet.<-

Time to escape...

Mood: Resolved

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Loud clanging noises of metal on metal could be heard in the otherwise silent halls for hours on end. But they stopped, eventually, and all was silent - except in one small corner of the stretching catacombs which made up Keeper Tesonu's domain.

The roar of the furnace and grunts of a lone goblin and clanking of his metal masterpiece could be heard from the workshop.
    Making the cuirass was fiddly work - after treating the metal, there was the long and drawn out process of creating the thousands of tiny chain links which would all join together to make the final product.

"Damnit, I had that one in..." the lone goblin moaned as the link he was attempting to fashion to the whole slipped. Calm down, Admortis, it is for the greater good. It may save your life one day, and through you, the power of your keeper. Persist... Persist.

Admortis is still working on his armour.

Gamer IDs

Vermillion, the Rogue

Vermillion waited until the aggressive mean fly was busy, using the meantime to plot his escape. Now it was the time. He retrieved the rusty old key that he kept stashed up his sleeve, once stolen from his elder brother Westrel. He lowered the key into the red-hot coals beneath his torture device and let the end slowly heat up. The rogue's plan was a brilliant spark of divine inspiration singular in the otherwise depressing cesspool that was his less than singular mind.

In the meantime Vermillion occupied himself addressing the Voice-in-his-head.

->Vermsy, he real smart... you knows it, Voicey. You just don't wanna admit his greatness. If you wasn't floating in Vermsy's head, you would not be lasting a second. Vermillion, he knows your smart mouth would get your face slit open.<-

-->You would be surprised, my idiot tormentor. I would last much longer than you - if I wasn't stuck in your morass of a brain, I would have strangled you to death long ago.<--

The key was ready, its end brilliant red. With a deft flick belying his uselessness, Vermillion sloted the key into his hand restraint. The key was easily molded and took a new shape as it molded with lock.

->Perfect, if he says so himself!<-

When it cooled he twisted the key, and with an ever-so-quiet chink the lock sprung open. He couldn't use the key again, as it was fused with the lock - but he had an arm free and the other lock was easy enough to pick. His legs doubly so.

Vermillion rolled off the table and slipped away into the shadows, creeping out of the dungeon's torture chamber.

->Vermsy, he has to lay low for a while. Keeper will miss him muchly, he suspects... but with his work to do he must be doing his work.<-

He used his sight ability to register the Keepers attention and gaze. He instinctively sensed the Keepers distractions and the hairline blind spots and fault-lines where he was barely perceptible on the dungeon radar and where the Keepers influence waned. The power of a keeper was not uniform across a dungeon and it weakened even further towards its extremities.

Vermillion reached the Dungeon's front door, slipping out thanks to his rogueish lock-picking skills but remembered to lock it again carefully behind him.

He made his way to the lake at the end of the long corridor and stood before it.

"Ahhhh, vacation. Vermsy, he does soooo need this."

He dropped into the water, surprisingly much warmer than he remembered during the fight. Perhaps it was fed by thermal vents. Warm water was surpisingly easy to come by underground - even in a freezing realm like Northland.

-->Ooohh thank the Dark Gods, that feels lovely. This cold is just not my thing.<--

Vermillion gargled, and then remembered the things he had to get done. He exctracted the puke-encrusted gold coins he nabbed from bitey lizard and cleaned them off. Even the Voice had to admit that even being a rogue payed off sometimes. Vermillion was more than happy to lay low in the warm spring surronded by gold, sweet gold for a while.

-->I really hate having to congratulate you, but I have to say that you've actually achieved something decent for once.<--

The rogue and his voice lay back in their waters and reflected upon the better things in life...

SUMMARY_________________
    Health: 32%
    Level: 3.8
    Gold: 544 gold
    Mood: Bliss
    Status: Vermillion is laying low in the warm waters of luxury.
    Summary: Vermillion broke out, stealthily left the dungeon and is now hiding out in the warm waters of the tentacle lake. He washed off dirty gold he pinched off Suria.

On the torture table, secretly the rogue managed to break free and escaped out of the room. While Flyrayas was right there.

<<Oh hell... damn Rogues and their sneaky tricks...>>

Flyrayas raced out of the room to spot the rogue, but he got too much of a head start and was gone already.

<<Eh, Keeper'll find him.>>

Flyrayas went to his lair. He felt like he hadn't rested in ages.

<<Ah, this feels much better. Those tortured can all **** themselves, those annoying, stupid bunch of mutes...>>

Flyrayas fell asleep in his lair.

Summary: Vermsy escaped, Flyrayas couldn't find him, Flyrayas went to sleep.

Flyrayas the Fly
    Health: 100%
    Mood: relieved
    Level: 5
    Gold: 531
    Last edited by Mothrayas; April 21st, 2011 at 23:39.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Ithique, the Dark Elf

Ithique continued to work on the impact dent in his armour where the Demon Spawn had careened into him. The armour was two inches thick, and the area where the creature had impacted was not salavage-able without excessive effort.

"Crud... damn lizard, what have you done?"

Luckily for him the impact mark only stretched across to of its armoured strips and ancient Dark Elf armour was made not only ludicrously strong, but also to be easily maintained and repaired with a relatively low level of skill. As a result the design was modular, a set of heavy metal plates which attached to a heavy-duty leather poncho in an overlapping fashion.

He slotted out the sections which couldn't be saved and replaced them with some of the limited supply of spares he had bought with him.

-(If I have to repair this armour one more ****ing time then I'm going to find another accursed dungeon - clearly this keeper doesn't appreciate skill.)-

Ithique nodded to the goblin working across the otherside of the workshop as he left. He had a chicken at the hatchery and a brief nap in the lair before proceeding to the training room.

-(Alright... lets see what you hunks of wood are made out of, ehhh?)-

SUMMARY_____________
    Level: 2.2
    Gold: 0
    Health: 100%
    Mood: Neutral
    Quick Summary: Ithique repairs his armour, takes food and sleep, and then starts training

Gamer IDs

Vermillion, the Rogue

Vermillion lounged back against a flat rock beside the lake, turning the eldest of is twin daggers around in his hand. It was bent, dented and rusty. Most of all, however, it was a fond reminder of home. The twisted bars of the old, abandoned prison. The ancient torches flickering vainly against the dungeon draft. The familiar smells of death and decay.

The rogue vaguely ran a finger along the hideous scars which marred one side of his face. It was also a reminder of what he had lost. Vex.

In case it isn't self-evident, Vermillion was feeling unusually self-contemplative. Usually he just lived life, running away from the things which inexplicably decided they should throw spells or pointy things at him. He filled the rest of the time generally slinking around and living in his own little private bubble of life. And, if he could fit in, there was always good old retribution-safe, sadistic violence presented by the dungeon's torture facilities.

-->Yes, what a busy, fast-paced life you lead. Fascinating. Dead rats, running from people and alcohol. The glamorous high-life, huh?<--

Vermillion belched.

"Vermillion, he insists you quiet, Voice"

The Voice sniggered, but retreated, without doubt to a slightly more pleasant area of the rogue's mind.

It looked like he was safe for now... certainly nobody had noticed him leave nor his absence. Apparently he owed the demon lizard gold. That put him in a more sulky mood.

->Vermsy, he gets drunk and pukes on somebody's lair. He meant nothing by it. Yet all he gets is trouble. Trouble and being pounced on by an angry lizard. Also torture followed by more torture. The Grand Verm deserves it not, he should say!<-

The Rogue thought about it for another minute before conceding that he did in fact net profit, but did life really have to be so hard? Vermillion pondered this for about five seconds before he began to drift off to sleep.

SUMMARY_________________
    Health: 45%
    Gold: 544 gold
    Mood: Zzzz
    Summary: Vermillion continues hanging out at the tentacle lake.

Gamer IDs

Vermillion, the Rogue

Vermillion awoke and returned to his previous line of thoughts, and the more he thought about it, the more he came to the conclusion that perhaps he had gained all he was going to gain from this dungeon and Northland. It wasn't that he didn't respect his Keeper, but he felt that perhaps he should be moving on. Things hadn't been going particularly well of late in the dungeons of Tesonu. He'd also made his fair share of enemies.

"Vermillion, he sad..."

Vermillion got up and snuck back into the dungeon, picking the front door and locking it behind him. Stealthy as a shadow, sneaky as a rodent, he crept into the treasury and returned the gold he owed the angry lizard via the Keeper. All 300 of it.

Next he slinked off into the lair and packed up his bed.

Finally he entered the Portal Chamber, preparing to once again move on, as with so many dungeons before. He had made many enemies in his time, but not many friends. He thought of Admortis.

->Vermillion says bye, fighty-stabby goblin creature.<-

Who knew? Maybe they would meet again.

The Rogue took one last look at the familiar dungeon before descending into the Portal.

A DISFIGURED ROGUE HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON!

SUMMARY_________________
    Health: 60%
    Gold: 244 gold
    Mood: More Unhappy
    Keeper Approval: -60 (Uneasy)
    Summary: Vermillion left the dungeon, returning 300 gold for Suria and packing up his lair.