Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Onslaught - Suggestions

Default Onslaught - Suggestions

About two months ago(ish) I made a map called Onslaught, it's rather simple actually:

You have one hour to prepare your dungeon, it's defences and all your creatures before the Hero 'Onslaught' begins. The objective is simple, kill 500 Heroes. Waves come in about 40 heroes every 15 minutes after the first hour.

There's a small back story if your interested:

"Your brother, punished by being made a lowly black knight by the gods, has been cornered by the goodly Lord Antonius.

Feeling that this is partly their fault, the gods have offered you one chance at revenge. Kill the heroes attacking this realm and the gods will help you kill Lord Antonius. 500 deaths should be sufficient, and the attack will begin in one hour, good luck keeper."

Admittedly, I haven't won myself yet I came quite close (420 Hero kills) and my brother managed 120 Hero kills.

You could in theory, save your 'brother' by skipping the intro scene and picking him up... he won't help much though...

I managed to get an interesting screen shot whilst testing this
    Screenie , kinda surprised it didn't crash with that many heroes XD

Anyways I'll upload the map, its definitely not finished - need a large modification with timing so it is either harder or easier... this is where I want suggestions
    It has modified globals or you wouldn't stand a chance(slightly more lenient on the mana).

to play use run with -q -level "Onslaught30"
    e.g "C:\Program Files\Bullfrog\Dungeon Keeper II\DKII.exe" -q -level "Onslaught30"

If you have any problems/quabbles/suggestions/flaming/how far you got I want to know, no cheating now!

I think that's about it...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Onslaught - Suggestions

1.) why do you need to run it using the command line

2.) wasn't an offical dk2 map called onslaught already

3.) When you where close to winning, did you every try and cheat?

1. It's a single player map, I don't think there is any other way to run single player maps like that.

2. I'm sure the two are very different, hopefully mine gives a better description of the word "Onslaught", maybe something to change because of it though...

3. I thought about cheating, its tempting but my brother stopped me by running off with my wireless keyboard. I kept shouting "MAP" to him every couple of minutes XD

I think its possible to change the file names of the first campaign level to the same as your map.

Of course, make sure you have a copy of the actual first level, then replace it with your map.

well, I just finished, and I gotta say, it is hard. I did cheat by making all the creatures level 10, and at the beginning of the attack, it was a little easy.

I did suround the gates with gas traps and sentry traps, then I put gas and spike traps leading to my dungeon from the heart, and that helped a little. But in the end, even I git overwelmed, even with 3 dark angels at level 10, and almost dies, then I used horny, and saved my life, to get 500 kills, then died right after that.

Nice map. Too easy though

Cant figure it out how to run it. if I add -q or -level to a shortcut, I get an error and all crashes.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

try to recreate a shortcut to your dk2.exe, and add -q -level "Onslaught30"

"sigh"

read my previous post please.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Quote Originally Posted by dk2player View Post
    well, I just finished, and I gotta say, it is hard. I did cheat by making all the creatures level 10, and at the beginning of the attack, it was a little easy.

I did suround the gates with gas traps and sentry traps, then I put gas and spike traps leading to my dungeon from the heart, and that helped a little. But in the end, even I git overwelmed, even with 3 dark angels at level 10, and almost dies, then I used horny, and saved my life, to get 500 kills, then died right after that.
    Congrats I guess See how far you get without cheating, it's much more appeasing

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbits View Post
    Nice map. Too easy though
    Edit the map so you only have 30 minutes to get ready and 10 minutes between attacks (Or I can for you )

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    Cant figure it out how to run it. if I add -q or -level to a shortcut, I get an error and all crashes.
    Find your DK2 exe file and then (assuming your using windows) press the windows key and R and the run dialogue will come up, copy the whole location and everything making sure you have the file name in quotes and the level name in quotes.

Sorry if that sounds err.. belittling but I have no idea how computer orientated you are

I usually play this map with .bat file. Anyone else having problems?