Page 88 of 139 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast

Thread: Northland Iceland

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Northland Iceland

ORTYPE

Ortype arrived in the Guard Room dejectedly late, carrying his hammer and shield. He'd been slapped by the Keeper, forcing him to visit the hatchery and get something to eat. He had managed to get some Training in before visiting the hatchery and after being slapped, so he felt reasonably prepared for the coming battle.

He addressed the Guard Room.

'Grreetyngs, Fellow Crreaturres. What dyd I myss? Has Hannybal attacked yet orr arre we styll awayting hys prresence herre?'

SUMMARY IN BRIEF__________
    Gold: 0
    Health: 100%
    Level: 1.3
    Keeper Approval: -15 (Neutral)
    Mood: Fine.
    Manufacture Queue:
    Quick Summary: Trains, Eats to heal his slap, Arrives tardily at the Guard Room and addresses creatures there arrayed.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Keeper Tesonu

THE GODS ARE PLEASED WITH YOUR SACRIFICE!

"What the hell? Who fell in? God damn stupid creature collision, that was never a good idea."

Tesonu searches his dungeon to look for who was missing, but found no one of value to be gone.

"...Whatever. Though that does remind me. I have some lazy creatures to get rid of."

Tesonu picks up Graath the female Orc, Dasoop the supposed girlfriend of the blue spawn of rage, Memphistic the Mistress Witch, Hagith the Fatty, and Theresa the something, then dumps them into the abyss.

AN ORC HAS BEEN SACKED.

A DEMON SPAWN HAS BEEN SACKED.

A DARK MISTRESS HAS BEEN SACKED.

A MICRO-PIGLET HAS BEEN SACKED.

A BRIGHT ELF HAS BEEN SACKED.

"Maybe I should get rid of this too."

Tesonu picks up Voro and dangles him over the Entrance Portal.

"Hm, nah. Let's see if I can actually make him more useful than that."

Tesonu then transfers his Hand-of-Evil to the Temple, carrying Voro over the dangerous sacrifice waters.

"Oh wait, they hate the undead. But I think I have something better."

Tesonu drops Voro back in the Guard Room then picks up Max, the Salamander.

"This'll do. I never liked this Salamander anyways. All it did was hiss at my Dungeon Heart then try and feast on my prisoners."

Tesonu lets Max go and he drops into the Temple waters. He panics and attempts to swim for his life, but the water simply drags him underneath like an even more efficient quicksand. Bubbles are seen floating to the surface afer he goes under.

THE GODS ARE PLEASED WITH YOUR SACRIFICE!

THE GODS HAVE REWARDED YOUR SACRIFICES WITH A DARK ANGEL.

"Is it... is it... Yes! A male! Now I think I finally have enough to begin marrying them off! Let's see, this one will go with Bayli, Zael with Ithique, Voro with Vendetta, Grey x Shaylum, Methras x Atrocya, Crystice x Emmra, and Clara can go with the Tenta-"

"Greetings, Keeper Tesonu. My name is Elatos. I have been sent on a quest to prove my valor as a warrior of the Whitestar clan of Dark Angels. As such, I am now in your service, ready to serve you. What is there that I can do for you, master?"

"Ah, good. A loyal and not arrogant one. Elatos, I'm about to enter battle. Enemy forces will be formittable, but we have the advantage of numbers, traps, and terrain. I'll just transport you to the Guard Room where everyone else is and quickly brief you on some things. There's not much time for anything else I'm afraid."

Tesonu plucks Elatos from his feet and drops him in the Guard Room.

"Pretty much all you need to know is that you have to protect the Warlock in blue as she's the Battle Commander. The Warlock in a green dress is our primary healer. Everything else should be quite self explanitory. Oh and you might want to take a look outside as that is where we will be fighting."

"Now... Crystice. To answer your question, yes, you will be taking command once more. Allow me to inform you and everyone else on the coming forces... Let me just cast Sight-of-Evil... in the meantime, go look outside and familiarize yourself with the newly revised Trap Room."

Tesonu definitely had his reasons as to why he recently began constantly selecting Crystice to take command, but he wondered if his creatures quite understood them. He wondered if they thought his reputation as some sort of pervert and womanizer had influenced his decision. Truthfully, he knew he wouldn't always be there to take command of his creatures. Someone would need to remain in his place during those times. Crystice is really the best candidate for such a person. The next best thing would be Shaylum, most likely, but placing such trust on her would likely bring resistance from his other creatures as she's not only a former Hero but also a new recruit.

This would be Crystice's first real challenge, and Tesonu acknowledged it. It was the time to prove whether or not she was ready for such a role. The previous battles, despite being the hardest for his creatures yet, had just been warm-ups for this one. If she failed, Tesonu was prepared. He had already devised numerous back up plans in the case that things did not go well, or if they even lost this line of defense entirely. He knew he would win in the end, one way or another.

Tesonu cast his thoughts aside, preparing to cast Sight-of-Evil on the estimated location of where Hannibal's forces were by now, but then decast the spell. He saw their leader step through the western Steel Door. They were already here.

The Black Knight, Viviona, stopped and gave some sort of signal to her comrades through a hand gesture. She then continued onward with her army. As they stepped through, Tesonu counted the same creatures and heroes that he saw before, except... the Rogues were missing... No, not missing, but invisible. The answer to the question of "why?" came quickly to Tesonu. They knew very well that once they stepped onto his land, Tesonu would be capable of seeing them. So they cast invisible now to have some sort of element of surprise, perhaps they also planned to sabotage his defenses. Even if the plan failed due to Tesonu's earlier casting of Sight-of-Evil, it still displayed good foresight. Tesonu began to think very carefully about the situation.

Hannibal could not have come up with such a plan. Within his current state, there was no way he could think clearly enough. It's very possible that Hannibal had his own Battle Commander to counterpart Tesonu's own...

Tesonu was most definitely correct, Hannibal did have a powerful commander under his control. It was Viviona, who had been in Hannibal's service since long before they arrived Northland. In addition to being the most trusted and loyal, she was easily his most powerful servant. Despite his cruelty, Hannibal could not deny her value to him, and he had even promised her a seat by his side on the throne once he fulfilled his ultimate goal; complete conquest over all of Heavenarius.

Sadly for her, everything changed when they arrived in Northland. Heroes quickly invaded their territory in large numbers. Viviona fought a long, hard, and bloody battle, but in the end, she failed to stop the Heroes from reaching Hannibal's heart. They cast the spell, binding Hannibal to their command, and forced his surviving forces and any new recruits to obey as well. She was reluctant to follow, but had to do it for her own survival and for the survival of her fellow comrades. Even so, she loathed the Heroes for those of whom they slayed, craving very much to free her master from their terrible curse.

Zaulsi, a female Dark Elf, is another surviver of the Hero invasion. She knew much of the magical arts, being the daughter of two Warlocks, and served as Hannibal's primary researcher for the longest time. Hannibal had a well-known reputation of holding little patience for Warlocks, resulting in few Warlocks ever stepping into his dungeon. Zaulsi herself is very quiet and shy. Though she never admitted it, she is actually a lesbian in love with Viviona, falling for Viviona's strong will and leadership capabilities. Because of these feelings, she has always prioritized protecting Viviona over anyone else.

Giramor and Balina, sibling Goblins, are two other survivers. They have served Hannibal almost as long as Viviona and care for their comrades just as much. Their united defense and cooperation is both powerful and impressive. Giramor is much better fighting one-on-one, while Balina has a high awareness to better in larger clashes. Giramor is also the one who spoke to Viviona previously.

Fyla, the Dark Mistress, is the last survivor to take part in the invasion and a very sane Mistress to add. However, there still exists one more survivor beyond the coming forces. It happened to be her boyfriend, Arnold, who she appeared to love dearly. ...Indeed. Arnold is more than meets the eye, being quite intellectual himself if only suffering from a speech disability, which she forgives him for.

Tesonu finally turned his attention back to his forces.

"Creatures!"

"Hannibal's forces are nearing. They approach the entrance of the Trap Room. Now listen carefully..."

"Their forces consist of a Black Knight, four Goblins, two Skeletons, three Rogues, a Salamander, Dark Mistress, two Dark Elves, and three Hero Guards. The Black Knight is their leader, and the Rogues appear to be invisible. They believe we are unaware of the Rogues' presence. However, do not underestimate them. They all appear to be quite experienced and strong."

"For anyone who missed this before, I am placing Crystice in charge of this battle. You will act in accordance to her orders as if they were mine."

"
    Now Crystice... you may go on... Give your orders..."

Important Actions:
    Sacks Graath, Dasoop, Memphistic, Hagith, and Theresa
    Picks Up Voro and Almost Sacks then Sacrifices him But Drops him Back in the Guard Room
    Sacrifices Max
    Drops Elatos in the Guard Room
    Informs Elatos of Basic Information on Crystice and Emmra
    Hannibal Creature Analysis

Orders:
    Atrocya: Fight or Punishment
    All Creatures: Follow Crystice's Command

Imp Orders:
    Do Not Leave the Dungeon

Research in Progress:
    Scavenger Room: 12%
    Call-to-Arms Spell: 0%

Current Gold:
    32130, +374 (Gem)
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

ORTYPE

Ortype's eyes narrowed. He siddled up to the biggest clump of minions - including the sisters, a black knight and a goblin and whispered;

'And who is thys Keeperr Crrystyce to whom the Keeperr gyves hys allyegence then?'

SUMMARY IN BRIEF__________
    Level: 1.3
    Keeper Approval: -15 (Neutral)
    Mood: Fine.
    Manufacture Queue:
    Quick Summary: Is confused as to who Crystice is - assuming her to be another Keeper - and asks, among others, Crystice herself.

Voro was waiting inside the Guard Room, until he was suddenly picked up by Tesonu. Tesonu then proceeded to consider either sacking or sacrificing him, before dropping him back into the Guard Room again. After the act, Voro was furious.

"That is IT. I have had enough of it... dealing with this pathetic, idiotic wretch of a Keeper. This dungeon is not worth any of my time anymore. I am out of here."

Voro then teleported out, nowhere in the dungeon to be seen anymore.

A VAMPIRE HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Ithique

-(This Keeper Hannibal sure is tardy... this is supposed to be his party, afterall. His dungeon must be the most disorganised in the North; either that or he is mustering a truly massive force... or he is trying to make us sweat awaiting his arrival. Yeah, good luck with that.)-

Ithique snorted and surveyed his crossbow for damage. There wasn't any. He calmly watched as another black knight, another dark elf, another fairy and a goblin entered.

He turned to the other fairy - the one that Tesonu had assigned him to watch.

'"Don't get any ideas. The Keeper obviously isn't fond of you; If you attempt to flee once the battle begins, I will not hessitate to take you down."'

An Orc entered and stood near him.

'Grreetyngs, Fellow Crreaturres. What dyd I myss? Has Hannybal attacked yet orr arre we styll awayting hys prresence herre?'

'"No he hasn't; It's funny because if Hannibal was here we would of course be standing around in the Guard Room doing nothing."'

Sarcasm dripping from his voice, Ithique turned away in disgust.

-(Stupid orc...)-

The Dark Elf hefted his new axe and gave it a few small swings to get a feel for it, before imbedding it in the wooden map-table.

"Creatures!"

"Hannibal's forces are nearing. They approach the entrance of the Trap Room. Now listen carefully..."

"Their forces consist of a Black Knight, four Goblins, two Skeletons, three Rogues, a Salamander, Dark Mistress, two Dark Elves, and three Hero Guards. The Black Knight is their leader, and the Rogues appear to be invisible. They believe we are unaware of the Rogues' presence. However, do not underestimate them. They all appear to be quite experienced and strong."

"For anyone who missed this before, I am placing Crystice in charge of this battle. You will act in accordance to her orders as if they were mine."

Ithique pulled his weapon from the splintered wood, a sadistic smile forming upon his features.

SUMMARY_____________
    Level: 5.76
    Keeper Approval: 60 (Calm)
    Mood: Happy.
    Quick Summary: Ithique waits in the Guard Room.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; October 10th, 2012 at 12:57.

SHAYLUM
    STAY THE COURSE

Suria the Blue Spawn of Rage

Fire had broken out on the edges of Hannibal's land, and the debris of the last standing western Braced Door was its fuel. But the initial cause of this fire had been a blue demon, who sat near the destruction while munching on an Imp. She had been surrounded by several more, all of which were dead and had bite marks on them.

Suria looked up at Shaylum, who stood close by and helped caused the destruction, "...You sure you don't wanna bite?"

Shaylum shook her head, ''Can't stand imps. They are ugly creatures and I've always felt there was something unnatural and sinister about them; bulging eyes and thin skulls. Then there are the stories, of course... ''

Staring bleakly off into the distance, the Archer wiped the gore splattered on her sledgehammer off onto one of the imp corpses. Not even meaning to she had splattered an imp who had unwisely burst through the Eastern Braced Door when she was hammering it. She would regret returning such a beautiful piece of craftsmanship but at the same time she knew it weighed her down too much. Maybe she'd pick it up again if they went on the offensive.

''...serving under shadowy beastlike Keepers - the sort feared and reviled even by their own kind - are said to be imps that devour the flesh of the dead and living alike. Imps that won't stay dead and rise again to overwhelm their unsuspecting killers, breaking all the bones in their body with rusty pickaxes.''

Her brother Augel had told her that story first when she was eight. He had been trying to scare her, but she had been fascinated and pressed him for details. Eventually he ended up scaring himself. He spent thirty minutes sobbing in their mother's arms.

«« I still don't know how that stupid brother of mine managed to become a Knight. »»

''Don't get me started on the whole burying creatures alive thing, oh yeah... some heroes actually freak out when they first see an imp; weird, right?''

Shaylum dropped the jewelled sledgehammer; resting it against the wall. How her only sibling had overcome his chronic fear of imps to become a Knight was beyond her.

''Those are just campfire stories and the only thing Hannibal ever did when I was in his dungeon was dress them up in bonnets, but hey... who knows? What were we talking about again?''

Suria was just sitting there on the floor, continuing to munch on the Imp. She looked up towards Shaylum, "...What?"

''Sorry. I talk too much sometimes.''

"Creatures!"

"Hannibal's forces are on the move, his Call-to-Arms has just been placed in the Trap Room. I need everyone willing and able to fight to move out to the Guard Room and await further orders. Suria and Shaylum, this includes you both. This coming battle will be long and hard fought, bigger than even the Hero force we recently fought. I will need my strongest and most reliable of creatures to come forth."

''Keeper wants us to head back, Suria.''

"After this, we will move to the offensive while Hannibal's forces are weakened, and eradicate him once and for all."

Shaylum was surprised to find that she probably would get the opertunity to collect her sledge again, afterall.

Suria, meanwhile, had dropped the Imp and kept her paws tightly pressed against her ears with her eyes shut and making a sour expression, "Stupid voice in my head!"

Suria then looked up at Shaylum again once Tesonu stopped speaking, jumping up and down excitedly, "Carry me!"

''You aren't exactly light, demon spawn.''

Nonetheless, the archer squatted allowing her cohort to jump onto her back or shoulders. Suria hopped on board the Lum Express and began waiting for the ride to take off. She wondered what Shaylum was trying to say with her last remark though. She was actually a bit small for her age, save for the tail. She wondered if she had been putting on weight, maybe Shaylum was calling her fat. Or maybe she was just weak.

Suria
    Level: 6
    Experience: 8/80
    Gold in Hand: 0
    Gold in Lair: 2846
    Current Equipment: None
    Efficiency: 10%

Shaylum_________________
    Level | 3.25
    Gold | 111
    Health | 100%
    Mood | Happy
    Keeper Approval | 80 (Friendly)
    Status | On Deployment

Summery: Suria and Shaylum finished the doors then began heading back to the Guard Room.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Daryl, Clara and Vendetta stopped whatever they were doing and went to the guard room.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ Crystice ~ and ~ Emmra ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ._ The Ice Sorceress ~ ~ ~ The Sorceress Sisters ~ ~ ~ The Sweet Sorceress

(Main Theme) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Main Theme)
    (Battle Theme) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Battle Theme)

"I believe I was assigned as your body guard."

With her attention focused on Tesonu's coming response, Crystice was caught of guard and abruptly turned towards the speaker. It was Dregs, the same Goblin from before.

"Oh, i-is that so?" Crystice replied in an unusually unsteady tone, caught both by surprise and with a distraction.

Dregs was a very new recruit, at least as far as she knew since Tesonu had personally introduced him to her and only just recently so. This was why she had to ask herself the reasoning behind such an assignment, for a new recruit like him to be bodyguard of someone as important as her. Well... he did seem fairly experienced. Maybe he wasn't new to the battlefield, but he was still new to Tesonu's dungeon.

"Hi again!" Emmra spoke cheerfully towards Dregs as her sister's mind wondered away from the scene, "I haven't seen you around, are you new?"

What also made Crystice wonder was why she needed him as a bodyguard? She was sure that if there was anyone to be given the position, it'd be Admortis or maybe even Kar'thus after proving his worth during the last major battle against the Heroes. Where was Admortis? Crystice was sure he'd be here, ready to serve as he always seemed to be.

"Now... Crystice. To answer your question, yes, you will be taking command once more. Allow me to inform you and everyone else on the coming forces... Let me just cast Sight-of-Evil... in the meantime, go look outside and familiarize yourself with the newly revised Trap Room."

Crystice became alerted immediately, replying with a nod, "Yes, my lord."

Crystice may have been loyal to her master, but it was whoever she deemed to be her master. Whoever she felt to be worthy. In a way, she had as much control over her master as they did over her. But Crystice shook such thoughts away from her mind once she passed through the steel door, not allowing any distraction to further disturb her while her time remained precious.

'And who is thys Keeperr Crrystyce to whom the Keeperr gyves hys allyegence then?'

Crystice's attention eluded Ortype's words, and fortunately so for she would have been especially irritated by the way he butchered what she would define as the elegance and beauty of her own name.

"Crystice?" Emmra repeated, having a bit of difficulty understanding the Troll wannabe, "My sister is not a Dungeon Keeper, she's just... um, where did she go? ...Oh! There she goes, she's in the Trap Room."

Entering the Trap Room, Crystice was amazed and impressed by not only the rebuilt Traps but additionally all of the newly built Traps. It didn't seem like much time had passed between the last battle and present time. She looked at the positioning of the Traps and Barricades carefully.

The first thing to do was establish a line of defense. Based on her experiences from the battle against Chuckles and his Heroes, she came up with three positions that were valuable to defend. The first was the Main Defense, set between the opening in the Barricades where there were no traps. The Secondary Defense was to be behind the Barricades to the West, to defend the Traps. The last was set to be behind the Barricades to the East, to defend where she planned the bulk of the support creatures to be.

After all, it was close to the Steel Door and thus made it easier to escape if things began going wrong if or when Hannibal's forces breach their defenses. It wasn't easy for a Dungeon Keeper to rescue a creature from battle, in fact it was dangerous. To place the Hand-of-Evil out where it was vulnerable to enemy fire, it was very risky. This much, Crystice knew from past reading meant to satisfy her curiosity about the Dungeon Keepers.

The Main Defense of course needed to be the strongest. It had to consist of two or maybe three creatures, with one of them being a backup fighter. Perhaps one of the Tentacles could assist there with Freeze. They would also be responsible for guarding the door in case others needed to flee. The Secondary Defense needed to be more mobile to move in quickly and form up when the Barricades fall, but also to be capable of escaping easily when necessary. The Support Defense would be uniquely selected...

Other fighters, those to go on the offensive like Suria, should remain on the West side. The East would be far too cluttered as it is with the Support. In fact, perhaps she could spread out the support a bit more. Maybe half of the archers could be on the West and the other half on the East or something along those lines.

Crystice felt that what she thought out should prove sufficient, for now. Without detailed knowledge of enemy forces or an updated status on ally forces, she could go no further with the plans. Even so, she felt more confident about the fight with some sort of plan formed out.

She returned to the Guard Room to see who was there. There appeared to be some new creatures, at least with the definition of new being those who had not been in the Guard Room before she left. She examined the room carefully, but then let out a small sigh when she noticed Admortis had not shown up. It didn't seem like him to miss such an important fight, and she was hoping to assign him to the Main Defense. She wondered what had happened, but knew she could do nothing about it.

"Creatures!"

Crystice's attention was instantly captured and she looked to and beyond the ceiling, to her master who she deemed worthy even if in disguise.

Crystice immediately began making various calculations and assumptions in her mind on what their offense would be like.

Crystice's thoughts were interrupted when she suddenly began feeling Tesonu's own spiritual self present itself to her. She halted any further thoughts, and invited him within her. Her eyes flashed blue for a moment, and he was gone. But left with her was knowledge of her comrade's capabilities, what they had learned since they battled Chuckles. It was knowledge that he had free access to, access that they, his creatures, had given him when they swore loyalty and submission whether they knew of it or not.

"Now Crystice... you may go on... Give your orders..."

"Yes... my Lord Tesonu..." Crystice replied calmly and almost lovingly to express her loyalty, joining her words with a bow.

Crystice rose from her bow and turned to her comrades, who awaited her command, and even longer did they await this battle. Crystice took in a deep breath as she closed her eyes, giving herself a moment to soak in all of the newly gained knowledge and to apply it to her plan. Her eyes opened, now shining with determination.

She spoke loud and clear with a voice only to be described as confident, "Hannibal draws near, I only have time to say this once. There will be no questions. Go as soon as I assign you. If anyone is injured, you will see my sister, Emmra, who will wait in the northeast corner of the room."

First she began to form up the frontline, "I want Dreggory, Clara, all of the Knights and Tentacles, save for Trouse, to step forward. You all will make up the primary defense. Dreggory, Daryl, and Testi will take up the Main Defense between the opening in the Barricades where there are no Traps. Stay as close to the Freeze Trap as possible when they first enter, let the enemy consume the poison from the Gas Trap and not yourselves. In case a retreat is necessary, you are also responsible for guarding the door for others to escape."

She was tempted to send Rob to the Main Defense, and not Daryl. But the Main Defense did not have the luxury of number, and Rob was better suited elsewhere being an undead without the burden of his armor's weight.

"Rob, Tent, and Toe will take up the Secondary Defense, behind the Barricades on the West, guarding the four Sentries and Lightning Trap. Once the western Barricades fall, take up defense in their place."

"Kar'thus, Tara, and Clara will be on the East side, protecting the majority of the support. When the Barricades fall, Tara will take up the first defense with Kar'thus following her and Clara following him. Kar'thus, I also have special orders for you. Use your Rebound ability to deflect enemy fire aimed at the support back at the enemy's. Clara... take it easy and don't push yourself."

Next, Crystice focused on the other melee fighters, "Suria, Elatos, Vendetta, and Ortype, remain on the West side. Once the Western Barricades fall, let the Secondary Defense take its stand. Afterwards, charge them. Find an opening and put pressure on them. Most of you are inexperienced, so let Suria take the lead. She's one of the strongest fighters here. Stay close towards the Main Defense if possible, in case things look bad and you must flee."

Last was the support, split up between the physical and magical support, "Ithique and Bayli, form up behind the western Barricades. Bayli, focus on remaining at range and don't get up close. I think it will be safer that way. Focus on enemies with Protect enchantments."

Crystice definitely remembered that Dark Angels repelled Protect magic, both when striking an enemy and when it was cast upon themselves.

"Zael and Shaylum, remain on the east. There are invisible enemies to be found, and when you see them, give them your highest priority."

There was actually a reason, or at least a supporting reason, as to why Crystice kept Shaylum and Ithique apart. Tesonu had informed her of some sort of... dispute or dislike towards each other. She felt they would operate better if kept separate.

"Malsiah, Methras... Atrocya..." Crystice couldn't help but hiss out the Fairy's hated name, though she tried to cover it up as best she could, "...We will head to the east as well. Methras, try and use your Web to catch anyone attacking the Main Defense. Atrocya, perhaps try and fly over the Barricades to land some blows then hide back down again. That's everything. Let's go."

"Mhm!" Emmra smiled, following her sister out the door.

Crystice couldn't help but hear a sound as she gave her final orders to the support. It came from the Trap Room, a violent thumping. Crystice could only imagine it was Hannibal's forces striking at the Braced Door. This had caused her to rush herself along so she could hurry and take the field. When she entered the Trap Room and positioned herself behind the middle east Sentry, Hannibal had not yet broken in... Not yet... But she could hear the violent thumping much more, being as she stood before the source of the noise. It was true then, Hannibal's creatures were just on the other side...

Suddenly Crystice felt powerful magic being called forth. With power this great, it had to be a Dungeon Keeper. And it was most assuredly not Tesonu. With a strike of thunder did the Braced Wall collapse, along with the wall adjacent to it. Another roar of thunder, and the wall behind it fell as well. Thunder struck once more, and the third wall fell to ruin. Crystice's heart accelerated, for with these walls did she feel her own plans crashing down with an abrupt electric shock. Hannibal knew the Destroy Walls spell.

But then she took a deep breath, closing her eyes. Gently blowing the air back out, she felt at ease again. There was no need to worry; they only lost part of their terrain advantage. Their defenses still remained up and resilient. But with two paths to walk, Hannibal's charge would be stronger. There was one other advantage as well. Crystice knew very well that the Destroy Walls spell cost a lot of mana to cast. With three simultaneous castings, Hannibal had to be drained. His creatures would be on their own.

The Skeletons, not Viviona, were charging in the frontlines. They tripped the Gas Trap but were obviously unaffected. Only the Skeleton who triggered the Spike Trap felt anything. But being without flesh and blood, being impaled in the foot did little to the Skeleton. Arrows and Fireballs began flying into the Trap Room from behind the Skeletons, striking at the Gas Trap and Spike Trap. The Skeletons themselves stopped to attack the Traps before proceeding. Goblins, who remained right behind the Skeletons, covered their mouths and noses from the Gas Trap as they poked at it with their swords.

The Sentries and Lightning Traps triggered as well, letting loose on the closest enemies to them. The Skeletons collapsed when struck by the bolts, but were quick to recover before being struck by the fireballs. Being undead Skeletons, they shrugged off any pain and resumed their attack on the Traps.

There was something Crystice noticed as well. The Spike Trap that was behind the Braced Door remained, but was not attacking them. There was only one explanation.

Rogues...

Crystice's thoughts were quite spiteful. But it was indeed sabotage, and Crystice only knew more of its kind was to follow. Soon after noticing did the Gas Trap fall, and not long after did the Spike Trap also fall. The Skeletons stepped to the side and two Goblins took the front, beginning to advance on the Main Defense. They both had Protect and Rebound cast.

Worry crept up on Crystice's mind again. She was afraid of intimidation, but not within herself. Rather, within her comrades due to the abrupt change of events.

"Stay strong!" she shouted, directing her voice primarily towards the Main Defense with hopes of reassurance, "We won't let them through!"

More of Hannibal's forces poured into the Trap Room. They attacked the Barricades, tearing at the delicate string that was carefully tied up to form their defense. Arrows flew in their direction from Dark Elves beyond Crystice's view. A Salamander slid into the battlefield and began hurling fireballs at the western support with the aid of a Speed enchantment. Holy and unholy, Shine and Drain magic, suddenly began ripping through the air towards the Main Defense. It was all happening so fast... too fast...

A Goblin began bringing attention to himself, as he stood on a cloud and soared through the air. The flying Goblin quickly moved towards the support. Crystice let him get close, summoning up her ice magic. Once ready, she let it loose upon the Goblin and fired a blast of hail from her fingertips and into his chest. The Goblin was knocked off his cloud and onto a Skeleton that was casting Thunder. Crystice smirked at her success, then looked over towards the Main Defense. They were under a lot of fire.

"Emmra! Cast Protect on the Knight! Heal them but don't get too close!" Crystice commanded, not taking her eyes off of the main battle to meet her sister's eyes.

"O-Ok!" Emmra replied in a shaky and frightened voice.

Crystice wished she had given the order sooner; it would save Daryl a bit of trouble. Nevertheless, it was to be done now.

Emmra was scared. Undeniably frightened. There was so much chaos, so much happening all at once, and much death was to follow this chaos. Emmra feared it all. What would happen to the others? What of her? ...What of her beloved sister?

Emmra stepped towards the Main Defense to be at better range for the spells. Fear made her careless and clumsy, for she tripped over her own foot. But she quickly picked herself up and decided she was close enough. She held her hands out, trying to summon the protective magic and enchant their bodies. The magic began to form up from the mana within her... then suddenly it scattered and was lost. Emmra fell forward, but caught herself and took in a slow deep breath. She began thinking of very warm thoughts, pleasant memories, and personal but loving desires.

She began summoning the magic up again and it formed properly, before she released it upon Daryl. He received her magic, and now stood a better fighting chance with Protect. She focused her magic once more, reliving her previous thoughts, then cast another spell and healed Daryl for any damage (20%) he had surely taken from the massive wave of ranged attacks flying towards him and Dreggory.

Emmra then returned to her position in the northeast corner, watching her sister.

~ ~ ~ Crystice ~ and ~ Emmra's ~ ~ ~
    Summary

Crystice/Emmra
    Health: 100%, 100%
    Level: 5, 4
    Experience: 2/60, 2/45 [+2 for Combat] [+2 for Healing]
    Gold in Hand: 0, 0
    Gold in Lair: 642, 450
    Current Equipment: None/Wizard Staff
    Location: Trap Room, Behind Eastern Sentries/Trap Room, Northeast Corner
    Efficiency: 110%/75%

Summery: Crystice entered the Trap Room and examined it, then returned to the Guard Room and gave her orders. She then moved to her position in the battle. Hannibal cast Destroy Walls, breaking three walls, and enemies began charging in. They destroyed the Gas and Spike Trap. Crystice cast Hail on a flying Goblin, Noro, knocking him on a Skeleton, Six-Pack. Emmra, as ordered, cast Protect on Daryl and Healed him for 20% damage that he might have taken.

Battle Notes!

Detailed

Battle Status

Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; October 17th, 2012 at 22:55.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

SHAYLUM
    STAY THE COURSE

Shaylum had arrived back at the Guard Room late, but still some time before Hannibal rocked up.

"Zael and Shaylum, remain on the east. There are invisible enemies to be found, and when you see them, give them your highest priority," she heard the Warlock issue and turned right back around and headed out.

Ignoring the drumming on the door, she took up position in the absolute South-Eastern corner of the room and used the traps as cover. She nocked an arrow and trained her long bow upon the door.

''Showtime...''

The Braced Door was blasted apart and Hannibal's skeletons charged forward, all-but-uneffected by the Gas and Spike traps. She didn't waste her arrows attempting to fire upon them.

The Goblins emerged next and began to tentatively attack the Gas Trap. Shaylum made her draw, steadied her aim, and sent her projectile careering along into Durgon's upper arm. The Broadhead was her default arrow and whilst useless against armoured targets, it was a menace to those lacking protection. A wider tip meant a bigger and more serious wound.

The goblin reacted with confusion, but it didn't last long. He had Speed cast and had he seen the arrow coming he could have dodged it with ease, but her awkward positioning had meant he was caught unprepared. It took him only a half-second to spot her. Snarling he ripped the arrow from his arm, worsening the ragged wound but caring little.

«« Weren't you ever taught to look both ways? »»

Shaylum smirked for a moment, but then the fall of the two traps worried her. Durgon was keeping her in the corner of his eye now and moving more erratically. It didn't matter, though because she knew spending longer targeting him was a waste of time she could be devoting to showing other creatures some pain.

The Dark Archer still couldn't see any signs of any invisible creatures, though she didn't stop looking. Keeping her cool in the face of the unfolding confusion was particularly easy for her as she was out of the field of fire and out of many creatures line of sight.

Two heavily armoured goblins, Balina and Giramor, were closing on the main defence - but Shaylum didn't even consider going for them as they had both Protect and Rebound active. To even consider it would have been folly. The knight, tentacle and their goblin friend would have to deal with it on their own.

«« Who is leading this attack? »»

She couldn't locate anyone who looked they were charge, but a speed-junky salamander charged out and began attacking the Western barricade. Once more Speed proved little help in avoiding arrows when you had your back turned. Shaylum hit Slursi in the flank with a Broadhead.

The Archer didn't see the salamander's reaction because a crash nearby stole her attention. Durgon had begun attacking the Eastern Barricades in front of her - eager for revenge. Crumpled on the ground nearby was another goblin and a skeleton, stunned apparently. Noro the Goblin was just getting up when a broadhead tore into his hand. He screamed as blood trickled down his arm; It could have been much worse for him as she'd been aiming for his chest.

With Noro off him, Six-Pack joined Durgon at the barricade.

«« This could be trouble. »»

That proved an understatement as Slursi the Salamander's unseen response finally reached her in the form of a Meteor - knocking her backwards into the wall with bone-rattling force...

Shaylum_________________
    Level | 3.4
    Gold | 111
    Health | 85%
    Mood | Focused
    Keeper Approval | 80 (Friendly)
    Status | Fighting

Enemies
    Code:
    LV7 M GOBLIN   "Giramor":  100% - [Unchanged] <Protect/Rebound> {Sight, ReboundS/ProtectG Cast}
                      At Barricade Opening, Attacking the Main Defense

LV7 F GOBLIN   "Balina":   100% - [Unchanged] <Protect/Rebound> {ReboundS Cast, HealS/HealG Ready}

LV6 M GOBLIN   "Durgon":   92% - [-8% by Shaylum] <Speed> {SpeedS Cast}
                      Near and Attacking Eastern Barricades

LV5 M GOBLIN   "Noro":      87% - [-6% by Shaylum] <Stunned> {FlightS Cast}
                      On Six-Pack Near Eastern Barricades, Recovering

LV6 M SKELETON "Six-Pack":  69% - [Unchanged] <Stunned> {Thunder}
                      Under Noro Near Eastern Barricades, Recovering

LV5 M SKELETON "Bones":     79% - [Unchanged] {Lightning}
                      Near and Attacking Western Barricades, Casting Lightning on Support

LV5 F SALAMAND "Slursi":   96% - [-4% by Shaylum] <Speed> {Fireball, Meteor Charging/SpeedS Cast}
                      Near and Attacking Western Barricades, Opening Fire on Support

LV7 F MISTRESS "Fyla":     100% - [Unchanged] <Speed> {Shine/Drain, SpeedS Cast, Teleport Ready}
                      At Southern Entrance, Attacking Main Defense

LV7 F DARK ELF "Zaulsi":   100% - [Unchanged] <Protect> {Arrow, HealO/ProtectO/SpeedO/ReboundO/Freeze/InvisibleG Ready}

LV5 M DARK ELF "Erath":    100% - [Unchanged] {Arrow/Sight, Poison/Guided Bolt Ready}
                      At Southern Entrance, Attacking Support
    Last edited by MeinCookie; October 18th, 2012 at 01:42.

Gamer IDs

Ithique

"Ithique and Bayli, form up behind the western Barricades. Bayli, focus on remaining at range and don't get up close. I think it will be safer that way. Focus on enemies with Protect enchantments," listening to his orders, the dark elf realised that the last part of that was probably not directed at him at all.

-(Finally, battle is upon us.)-

Ithique lifted the visor on his sallet briefly upon exiting, surveying the new layout of the trap room as he entered. He was impressed.

The arrival of Hannibal's troops was heralded when the Braced Door at the far side of the room began to shake. The dark elf took his position behind the Western barricades, barely arriving before the door collapsed suddenly. The skeletons Bones and Six-Pack rushed forward and lead the charge, stopping to take on the two traps near the door.

Arrows began to shoot from the now gaping maw of the entranceway as goblins emerged behind the skeletons, but the arrows weren't aimed at him and neither were the fireballs which followed. Illuminating the entrance way, the fireballs cast light on the creatures within. All the torches in the corridor beyond having been put out to avoid giving ranged creatures like him a clear shot.

'"Clever, but throwing fireballs isn't."'

Ithique was attempting to line up a clean shot on one of their archers with little success. He gave up on that and turned to the goblins that had just finished off the traps. Two of them were heavily armoured and would usually be top targets for him, but he percieved their wards and didn't waste time on them. The other two goblins were heading away from him to the east. Despite his speed, Durgon couldn't dodge a projectile he couldn't see and this definately wasn't his lucky day.

The Butcher made his shot, the weapon kicking in his hands and unloading a bolt into the goblin's ribcage. Standing back and appreciating his aim, Ithique didn't see Slursi coming until a fireball impacted against his breastplate. It did little damage save for setting the sleeve of his tunic aflame - something easily rectified. He instantly began reloading, ignoring the fireball which slammed into the barricade in front of him. Fortunately, Slursi was then temporarily distracted hurling a meteor at Shaylum - though with Speed enabled that didn't take long.

Ithique's hands danced, reloading his crossbow. He squeezed his eyes shut as another fireball hit him; It was in the face this time. His sallet protected him admirably, but a perfectly rectagnular line of soot and burnt flesh across his eyes and a distinct lack of eyelashes belied that it had not done so perfectly.

-(Eat this, you filthy lizard.)-

He was done reloading, but just as he was about to fire... he was quite literally fired upon. A fireball hit his arm and fouled his aim, sending his bolt into the frozen floor.

-(Aggrrrhh, no!)-

SUMMARY_____________
    Level: 5.9
    Health: 91%
    Keeper Approval: 60 (Calm)
    Mood: Happy.
    Quick Summary: Ithique is fighting.

Enemies
    Code:
    LV7 M GOBLIN   "Giramor":  100% - [Unchanged] <Protect/Rebound> {Sight, ReboundS/ProtectG Cast}

LV7 F GOBLIN   "Balina":   100% - [Unchanged] <Protect/Rebound> {ReboundS Cast, HealS/HealG Ready}

LV6 M GOBLIN   "Durgon":   83% - [-9% by Ithique] <Speed> {SpeedS Cast}
                      Near and Attacking Eastern Barricades

LV5 M GOBLIN   "Noro":      87% - [Unchanged] <Stunned> {FlightS Cast}
                      On Six-Pack Near Eastern Barricades, Recovering

LV6 M SKELETON "Six-Pack":  69% - [Unchanged] <Stunned> {Thunder}
                      Under Noro Near Eastern Barricades, Recovering

LV5 M SKELETON "Bones":     79% - [Unchanged] {Lightning}
                      Near and Attacking Western Barricades, Casting Lightning on Support

LV5 F SALAMAND "Slursi":   96% - [Unchanged] <Speed> {Fireball, Meteor Charging/SpeedS Cast}
                      Near and Attacking Western Barricades, Opening Fire on Support

LV7 F MISTRESS "Fyla":     100% - [Unchanged] <Speed> {Shine/Drain, SpeedS Cast, Teleport Ready}

LV7 F DARK ELF "Zaulsi":   100% - [Unchanged] <Protect> {Arrow, HealO/ProtectO/SpeedO/ReboundO/Freeze/InvisibleG Ready}

LV5 M DARK ELF "Erath":    100% - [Unchanged] {Arrow/Sight, Poison/Guided Bolt Ready}
                      At Southern Entrance, Attacking Support
    Last edited by MeinCookie; October 18th, 2012 at 04:23.