Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Crystal Islands

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Red Crystal Islands

Asifet
    the Warlock

Asifet stopped training, awareness reaching him that his Teleport spell could once more be safely cast. He did not tarry - with a discharge he was gone...

...only to reappear near the southern-most limits of Kuroki's territory.

\\What can a petty fly hope to stand up against me? I won't kill him; too easy, nothing to be gained... I'll capture him so Kuroki can Torture him for information!//

The warlock began moving southward across the island he was on. This was the island where Kuroki's southern excavations had been; where the tunnellers had been mining. He moved softly, hoping to avoid detection and spy the fly before it spied him.

Asifet heard the buzzing before he saw the fly. He rounded section of dirt wall and then he saw it. It was punching through the air like a cannonball, covering as much ground as it could. Except it wasn't above ground - it was above water. The warlock would have great difficulty taking it on, sloshing ungainly through the water after the creature. He could never get the jump on it and he would have a great deal of trouble trying to keep up.

"On the otherhand... maybe this will be a worthy hunt. I'm sure I will learn much."

This would have been much easier if he had had some form of ranged magic. Asifet knew that he would have to make do. He withdrew, retreating back across the island to strategize.

ASIFET SUMMARY__________
    Creature Profile
    Gold in Lair: 300 Gold on Person: 200
    Health: 100%
    Level: 5.75
    Keeper Approval: 63 (Calm)
    Mood: Scheming.
    Quick Summary: Asifet finished up in the Training Room, using the Teleport spell to jump from his training dummy next to the Black Knight over to to the island where Pleasant's gold seam was. He located Flattery and now intends to take him out... somehow.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Pope Oliran
    The Magnificent Wandering Beauty

..(Battle Theme)

Oliran remained in the Library for the longest time, carefully studying the Protect Spell. But something appeared to also be bothering him. After a while, the pope put his books back and headed out of the Library. He reached the Entrance Portal, then entered the Hatchery and grabbed a few chickens to satisfy his hunger. Afterwards, he turned around and then moved towards the Dungeon Heart.

He spoke softly with a hint of remorse, "I must apologize, Keeper Kuroki, but I must take leave of your dungeon and services. Something seems amiss, and I must return to my fellow friends and allies to discuss a certain matter with them. I am sorry to having to depart so soon and in your hour of need. I will pray for your safety. May good fortune be with you, Keeper Kuroki."

Oliran then turned around and returned to the Entrance Portal. He took a drop and disappeared from Red Crystal Islands.

A POPE HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON!

Pope Oliran
    Health: 84%
    Level: 2
    Experience: 10/25
    Gold in Hand: 0
    Gold in Lair: 0
    Current Weapons/Items Carried: Crown, White Robes, Scepter
    Efficiency: -

Summery: The Pope left the dungeon.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

The Pope's blessing of good fortune did appear to be worth more than a simple morale increase, for another creature began approaching Kuroki's dungeon. It had been a while since her presence had been noticed in Heavenarius, but she had changed since she last served a Keeper. Through efficient training did she erase many of her old habits and form many new ones.

She suddenly rose up from the depths of the Entrance Portal, engulfed by a thick set of mist. Her figure emerged from the mist and landed on the dungeon ground, then she began looking around. She appeared a bit uneasy and discomforted by her surroundings, but continued on nevertheless. She reached the Dungeon Heart then leaned forward to properly bow before her new master.

"Greetings, my lord," she began with a soft but still confident tone, "My name is..."

Yasidranagia
    "Yidra"
    The Dark Maiden

[Main Theme]

"Yasidranagia, but you may call me Yidra for short if that pleases you. I don't mind either or," Yidra then stood up from her bow and resumed a normal stance, "Feel free to put me to work. I enjoy reading and I don't mind interrogation, but I'm not like other Mistresses. I have other means of finding out information rather than inflicting pain but it best works on males... Also, I would appreciate it if you do not slap me, please. I prefer my honor and dignity to be kept intact. That is all."

Yidra then left the Heart Chamber and began searching for a Lair. She returned to the Entrance Portal and made a left, entering the Hatchery and then the Training Room. She could see the Lair on the other side of the Training Room.

Such an odd place to keep a Lair, so far away from the Portal.

Yidra crossed through the Training Room and the training creatures before entering the Lair. She placed her Lair in the Northeast corner then returned to the Training Room.

I might as well make good practice until the Lord has orders.

Yidra began focusing on a lone training target then formed a significantly large shard of ice and then launched it at the target... and missed.

Oh dear, looks like I'm in need for some serious practice.

Yasidranagia "Yidra"
    Level: 1
    Experience: 1.15/15 [+1.15 for training]
    Current Equipment: Iron Claws, Diamond Necklace, Numerous Silver/Gold Bracelets, Leather Gloves, Black High Heels
    Efficiency: 100%

Summery: Yidra entered the dungeon, introduced herself, created her Lair, and began training.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Grot de Groit
    ...............Master Work-Smith

Grot slept uneasily, flailing and tossing in his blankets. He wanted to be working. He wanted to feel hot iron beneath his hammer. He wanted to be working. It filled his dreams; consuming him. He had to work.

The Troll clambered out of his barrel, scratching his armpits with filthy chipped fingernails. Legions of lice scurried for cover as the day of judgement beckoned.

"Wot do yah feel like makin', mah hammer?"

He held his hammer up to his ear and cocked his head.

"A Freeze Trap yah say! Well I can't say hardleh no tah a proposin' like that now, can I?"

Grot de Groit made to the Workshop and began to fabricate a standard Freeze Trap.

Level: 2.15
    Keeper Approval: 100 (Harmonious)
    Manufacture Queue: Freeze Trap 1 (17%)
    Mood: Happy.
    Quick Summary: Woke up, left the Lair and headed for the Workshop where he started work on a Freeze Trap...

Gamer IDs

ORTYPE

Ortype found himself dropped in the Combat Pit and facing off against a fellow troll; a female. Not for the first time he lamented the lack of a prominant stomach to show off his gluttony.

Neither the Orc nor his opponent, Finland, wasted time with pleasantries. She charged him, landing the first blow against his shield with her hammer. Ortype shield bashed her and then used his superior orcish skills to capitalise, hitting her twice. At the last moment he remembered he was supposed to be a troll, not an orc. It wouldn't do for him to win using his superior orcish fitness! He pulled back, only for Finland to strike unexpectedly, bringing her hammer down upon his head.

--Ouch, that hurrts.--

Everything went black and Ortype awoke in his lair some time later.

'Cheaterr, I say!'

Feeling grumpy and sore, the orc-troll headed towards the portal. He wanted no part of a dungeon where the competition acted so... unfairly.

"A TROLL HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON"

SUMMARY IN BRIEF__________
    Gold: 0
    Level: 1.15
    Keeper Approval: -15 (Neutral)
    Mood: Pissed off at Finland.
    Manufacture Queue:
    Quick Summary: Gets knocked out by Finland unexpectedly, takes it badly and leaves...
    Last edited by MeinCookie; September 17th, 2012 at 09:36.

Gamer IDs

Dreggory

Dreggory awoke from his slumber with a new found sense of clarity. Ever moment he lingered in this realm, he risked potential ruin for Keeper Kuroki. He respected the Keeper and did not want to put him at a disadvantage. Furthermore, the House of Nemier knew exactly where to find him. When they realised he had shed his loyalties tey would have no trouble at all in finding him.

~}I must leave; for everyone's sake.{~

The Goblin said a brief goodbye to the Keeper, citing "Urgent Business Elsewhere", and dropped down the Portal.

A GOBLIN HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON.

DREGS'S SUMMARY__________
    Creature Profile
    Gold: 350
    Level: 5.2
    Keeper Approval: Mikaelios: 0 (Neutral) Kuroki: 85 (Friendly)
    Mood: Troubled.
    Quick Summary: Dregs wakes up and leaves

The Black Knight
    (Main Theme)
    (Battle Theme)

Great progress was being made in the Training Room by The Black Knight. She was definitely making the best of her time, but now she began to grow weary. She desired food and rest, needs that generally remained unknown to others due to The Black Knight's image. Suddenly, she heard Kuroki's voice and it was directed towards her.

"I have something you may be interested in, my Black Knight. One of my creatures is currently representing the dungeon in a tournament of arms at the nearby Portal Settlement, but she is busy - I doubt she will be up for the the next bout. The entry fees have already been payed at the dungeon's expense - so if a more intensive form of practice interests you, you could head down and fill in for the second round."

"You could not have asked for a better candidate," The Black Knight replied firmly, "I will go. But first, allow me some time to recuperate. Afterwards, tell me where I must head forth to locate this Portal Settlement, the name of the creature I will be replacing, and any other necessary information. It may also be necessary to build a bridge, if you have wealth to spare, as the water will greatly hinder my progress. I doubt I should stray away from the dungeon for too long, for your own safety."

Although it could not be seen nor was it expressed or even hinted in her voice, The Black Knight felt especially happy. It was not only a great honor to be selected but furthermore reflected her own status within the dungeon. But what made her the happiest was that she was being sent off to battle, and was eager to face whoever would dare or perhaps mistakenly challenge her. But before that, she did need to give herself a bit of rest.

The Black Knight then left the Training Room and entered the Hatchery. While no one was around, the female warrior plucked up a chicken and only partially did she remove her helmet to consume it. She grabbed another and a third one, eating them just as quickly as the first. Upon grabbing the fourth one did her hair fall out and reveal itself. It was black and simple, straight and long but not unusual in length. It was barely given two seconds out in the open before The Black Knight grabbed it and tucked it away into her armor. After that, she ate the fourth chicken and decided that it was enough.

The Black Knight then came to realization that she never created her Lair, and recalled that there was a Lair right by the Portal when she entered. She left the Hatchery and entered the Southwest Lair, where she created her Lair alongside the western wall. She also poured in the rest of her Gold within the Lair. She wasn't going to get a full rest, but instead leaned against the wall and closed her eyes. From an outside perspective, she appeared to simply be guarding the Lair as her eyes were not visible behind her helmet.

Sleeping while standing was an unusual thing to do, but it was something The Black Knight taught herself to perform as to prevent others from trying to sneak up on her while she slept. Right now, she had done nothing to provoke such actions aside from the brief encounter with the Demon Spawn earlier. She didn't know much about the Demon Spawn, but it did challenge her and may persist to keep such a challenge. Regardless... now was the time to rest...

. . . . .The Black Knight
    Armor Health: 99%
    Level: 3
    Experience: 22.02/35 [+20.70 for Training]
    Gold in Lair: 400
    Current Weapons/Items Carried: Great Sword
    Efficiency: 65%

Summery: The Black Knight replied to Kuroki and then began resting in her Lair.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Asifet
    the Warlock

Asifet was in for a stroke of luck. The fly strayed across his island.

\\Surely this must be the ideal moment to strike!//

The Warlock appeared from behind a dirt pillar thrusting out with the bottom of his battlestaff, hoping to impale the fly in place so that he could more easily dispatch it. He missed and was forced to instead come around with a slashing attack, leaving a ragged wound down the fly's side.

Flattery reacted quickly, buzzing away like a rocket to the north to escape him.

"Blast."

Asifet hoped to cut him off, teleporting away with a thundercrack.

He reappeared near the new Northernmost excavations, dashing down towards the bridge. He heard the sound of the fly buzzing closer, when he burst out from behind the island.

It was obvious that Flattery's journey had not been pain free as there was an elven arrow lodged in his side where the two heroes had taken pot shots at him. Even now, Kuroki's sentry was vainly trying to hit him. The fly didn't want to head back the way he came. He couldn't risk getting to close to the aggressive warlock either.

"End of the line, fly."

Flattery buzzed indignantly and did not slow, he changed course abruptly and shot into the tunnel leading into Kuroki's expansion. It was a risk, but worth it just to see the look on the Warlock's face.

Asifet dashed in after him, sprinting with atheleticism, though it couldn't rival his own mighty wings.

The fly came to the end of the tunnel and realised all of a sudden that he had made a teribble mistake. He was trapped, like a fly in a glass. Behind him was the warlock and the other entry was covered by a door. It may have been a Wooden Door, but as a fly it would still take him a while to bring down.

He turned around to glare at the smiling Asifet with his compound eyes, before charging towards the door. Asifet didn't dare move, lest he give the fly an easier means of escape.

"Keeper?" He asked, hoping that Kuroki would aid him by using the Lightning spell which Asifet himself had helped research...

ASIFET SUMMARY__________
    Creature Profile
    Gold in Lair: 300 Gold on Person: 200
    Level: 5.9
    Keeper Approval: 63 (Calm)
    Mood: Jubilant.
    Quick Summary: Asifet did some damage to Flattery the Fly and trapped him in the small Treasury to the North.

Level 2 Fly - Flattery (60% Health from 100%)
    Last edited by MeinCookie; September 12th, 2012 at 00:49.

.................................................. ................
    The Shadow of the Night, Niea

"Sock the bitch, Niea. While your initative is a credit; I want her tortured, not ravished.

Ugh, were you even paying attention? She kissed me!

Give me hot coals, plunge pools and the rack. She warrants wrath; the kills of my creatures she has wracked up attest it."

For what? Three Imps?

"I'm not fussed if you two want to shoot each other or make doe eyes at each other across the dungeon; just keep my high-level imps out of it."

So you don't care about all the efforts I put out for you, about how I risked my life fighting her? Or my attempt to save that dumb Goblin of yours, even if it wasn't successful... All you really care about is your stupid Imps, huh? Pah...

"Alright, I'll let her join - but only because I'm feeling generous. You want your lover released... so she's your responsibility."

My... what? You... idiot Keeper! What are you thinking!? As if I could fall for her, especially after how she tortured me earlier! ...That is... absolutely insulting!!

"If she misbehaves it is coming out of your paycheck as well as hers. You vouched for her."

I vouched for her!? I can't even speak! And you're damn lucky I can't! In fact, I was shaking my head!

"Now go and repay my kindness, the both of you, by researching the Scavanger Room. I want to tap into Rattus's seeming inexhaustable stream of creatures before his force recovers..."

Go to hell! I'm sick of dealing with this!

50 Gold suddenly fell upon Niea.

"For your work in the Torture Chamber."

...As if that is going to stop me. I doubt you even care!

Furiated, Niea left the abandoned dungeon and began heading for Kuroki's main dungeon.

A DARK ELF HAS BECOME ANGRY BECAUSE... What? Do you expect me to be able to read their minds? Now that's just unreasonable.

It wasn't entirely what Kuroki said that angered her. While Kuroki's words did greatly irritate her to the point that they pushed her off the edge, she was already upset about something else. It was the denial of access to Electra's information. Niea had come to realization that Electra would not give her what she wanted. This meant that her most recent efforts, the pain she endured during their battle and her tearful trip into her past, would have been for nothing. Electra's denial had called back all of Niea's earlier emotions, allowing them to be reborn as fury and wrath. Kuroki was merely, as she was to him, getting in her way towards Electra and poking at her when she was already at her limit.

Now standing before the Entrance Portal, Niea was left with a choice to make. Though some of her anger had soothed during her walk, she still desired to push herself away from Kuroki. But there was more to it than that. Part of her still sought the truth, the answers to her own past and identity. But another part of her wanted to run away from it all, get away from Kuroki and forget all about Electra then return to her simple life as a mercenary-for-hire under a new Keeper.

After a moment of silence aside from the beating of Kuroki's heart, Niea came to a decision. She closed her eyes and took a few steps forward before taking a fall deep down into the empty abyss.

A DARK ELF HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON!

Niea
    Health: 99%
    Level: 3
    Experience: 16/35
    Gold in Hand: 50
    Gold in Lair: 600
    Current Weapons/Items Carried: Leather Gloves, Reflex Bow, Crossbow, Quiver
    Efficiency: -

Summery: Niea became angry over recent events and left.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; September 12th, 2012 at 21:44.

Tesonu is napping!

Electra
    The Malicious Goblin

"Sock the bitch, Niea. While your initative is a credit; I want her tortured, not ravished. Give me hot coals, plunge pools and the rack. She warrants wrath; the kills of my creatures she has wracked up attest it."

Oh my, someone knows how to hold a grudge...

"Alright, I'll let her join - but only because I'm feeling generous. You want your lover released... so she's your responsibility. If she misbehaves it is coming out of your paycheck as well as hers. You vouched for her. If she so much as looks at one of my imps the wrong way I won't hesitate to drop her right back in the Torture Chamber with a Torturer who is actually competant. Now go and repay my kindness, the both of you, by researching the Scavanger Room. I want to tap into Rattus's seeming inexhaustable stream of creatures before his force recovers..."

"Yeah yeah blah blah blah. I'm gonna be blunt here, Kuroki," Electra replied casually, "I don't like you. I'm sure the feeling is mutual, but I only decided to help you because I don't like Rattus even more. In fact, I hate him! So much that I only have one condition if you want my help. Let me be the one to kill him. That's all I ask. I don't care about Gold or whatever."

"Oh and another thing," Electra added, "Don't order me around. I'll do as I please. And I ain't gonna go in some stupid Library to read books. That's boring. I'm going to kill. Keep your Imps out of my way if you love them soooo much."

A DARK ELF HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON!

"Oh my, looks like you don't even know how to manage your own creatures properly!" Electra laughed mockingly.

A GOBLIN HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON!

A POPE HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON!

A TROLL HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON!

"Definitely not! Hahahaha! How amusing!" Electra continued to laugh, her voice starting to sound more psychotic as she was losing control over herself a bit, "Looks like you need my help now. I can get you back your adorable little elf if you say please... with enthusiasm of course! Oh and don't even think about saying no. With Rattus closing in and a sudden drop in fighters, you don't have much of a choice! But until then, I'm going to shoot down some of my former "friends". I bet they'll love to see me again! This is gonna be fun!"

Niea then left the Torture Chamber, heading for an exit to the abandoned dungeon. She could hear the sound of a Fly buzzing about echoing through the corridor. Niea decided to investigate and began moving towards it. She approached a Wooden Door and came to the conclusion that the Fly was on the other side. However, with her nearby presence, the door decided to suddenly slam open, and the Fly buzzed out. Electra recognized the Fly as Flattery, one of Rattus' most recent recruitments. Dozens of possibilities entered her mind as the Fly flew over to her and hid behind her.

"Electra! You gotta help me, like really! There's this slow ass Warlock chasing me, but he can teleport so he's not so slow! I gotta get some important information to the boss! It's really important!" Flattery explained, rushing his thoughts out into words.

"This way!" Electra replied as she headed towards the Prison.

Flattery followed Electra without question. Unfortunately for him, she had only met Electra when he entered the dungeon before she was sent out during Rattus' second invasion wave. Therefore, he was completely ignorant to everything that identified her as the cruel and evil woman that she was. Electra recalled that Rattus decided to only keep him around as he might be useful as a scout, and slapped him away to train in the meantime.

"Where's the way out!?" Flattery questioned, beginning to panic, "Where is it!? Where is it!?"

"Shut up!" Electra interrupted, "We're going to ambush the Warlock, but first, tell me what you know... just in case you don't make it... Oh but make sure you keep quiet, don't want anyone else to know after all!"

The Fly began relaying his information to Electra through hushed whispers. With the sound of his annoying buzzing wings, Electra could barely hear him but she definitely understood what he was saying. But this did make it so that it was practically impossible for anyone else to hear what he was saying.

"Good! I'll give this information to Rattus," Electra replied after Flattery finished, "Oh and there's one more thing. You see that Goblin in there?"

"What Goblin?" Flattery asked as he turned around to see Jim Bob.

Before he could say another word, Electra grabbed the Fly's wings and just as quickly did she bend them. There was a snap, and Flattery let out a cry in pain before collapsing on the floor after Electra released her grip.

"Elec...tra... why!?" Flattery cried in anguish.

"You're lucky I don't have my sword, otherwise I'd kill you!" Electra answered in a more psychotic voice, "It's quite unfortunate, but there's plenty more of Rattus' left to kill so I'm perfectly fine with that!"

Electra opened the prison door and kicked the Fly in. Jim Bob stared at Electra with disgust.

"What are you looking at, Goblin!? Want me to come in there and snap your neck!? Ahahaha!" Electra laughed psychotically, "This is so much fun! But I need to get my things back, I'll talk to you later, Goblin!"

Electra left the Prison, heading towards an exit as she addressed Kuroki, "Kuroki, I've captured one of Rattus' Flies. Are we even now? Want me to hunt down his Imps too to set the record straight!? Oh but that's not all! I've some more important information that I gained from the Fly! But it'll cost you your dignity if you want to get your probably filthy hands on it! Ahahahaha! I love this place already!"

Electra
    Level: 1
    Experience: 0/15
    Current Equipment: Quiver w/Barbed Arrows, Getas (Missing Sword and Hunting Bow)
    Efficiency: 100%

Summery: Electra replied to and insulted Kuroki, offered to retrieve Niea, then tricked Flattery into giving her his information before snapping his wings and throwing him in Prison. She then informed Kuroki.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; September 13th, 2012 at 12:58.

Tesonu is napping!