Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Patch 1.73

Default Re: Trouble with Patch 1.73

Quote Originally Posted by Purewolfie View Post
    Disable it, start a game, then exit, it will keep the settings, it did for me anyway

Now I cant get it running due to 1.8.. might just forget it
    I can't see the map to start a game.... there is a 1.8 patch? I still haven't gotten 1.73.... all the links for it don't feed me a file, just a blank page.

Quote Originally Posted by xaero View Post
    I can't see the map to start a game.... there is a 1.8 patch? I still haven't gotten 1.73.... all the links for it don't feed me a file, just a blank page.
    Well whata ya know! I took a guess at where the first zone was and started a map, incidentally the game crashed at this point, but when I restarted it, I had the background textures.... I'm still curious where I can find this patch past 1.70....

Well this sucks now .... I ca select the first zone, awknoledge the objectives and when the zone goes to actually load, the game crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by xaero View Post
    Well this sucks now .... I ca select the first zone, awknoledge the objectives and when the zone goes to actually load, the game crashes.
    Officially done with DK2 now, pissed off with the random crashes clicking on a god damn tool tip on the bottom crashes it for god sake!

I have 2 rigs to play it on, one old.. with windows 98 on, for my older games, they all run fine appart from DK2.. my main rig with windows 7, no chance with DK2, still crashes in dumbass places.

I have to question the stability of the engine of which the game runs on, more so when the FIRST DK runs better then the SECOND, largely thanks to Keeperfx n that part.

I expect to have a few problems with a old game, but nothing to this extent, you must either really love DK or be completely stupid to waste time making this game run on a stable enviroment. I remember playing it on release day and it ran like a dream, the same type of hardware in a machine and it falls over itself in this day and age!

Only reason I still try it because it is a bloody amazing game, and I loved DK from day one.. but really am getting fed up with this now, starting to give up the ghost so to speak

Hello fellow keeper,

first of all, I'm very glad to have found this nice forum, since i just started to fell in love with dk1 & dk2 again after a long time of abstince.

Maybe it's interesting to know, that dk2(1.73, winxp) always crashed in level3. Now running with compability mode for win98/me and using these parameters: -softwarefilter -32bittextures -32bitdisplay i could complete level3.

The problem is, that in no level, the horny comes to collect the gem, not just in level1, but in all levels to lvl4 now and I think it will continue like this.

Allthough I can get through this with using the cheat(do not fear the reaper), it's a little bit annoying and disturbes the game fluency a bit.

Any solutions already?

Sorry for my little broken English, german user right here

Looks like whoever made that fix has broken all the levels of the original game. Why do people keep "fixing" what is working well already... I remember I made a fix for level 1 and 16 somewhere... I never heard that other levels would be broken too. So here's what you have to do:

You basically need a full original map archive. If I get home not too late, I will send it to you. If not, I hope someone from the guys out here will provide you with it
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Hi there!

I'm having difficulty downloading the level 1 fix, is there another link availale?
    As I also have the annoying bug at the end of level 1 where Horny doesn't collect the gem.

Thank you!

Red face Re: Trouble with Patch 1.73

Hi there,

I have pactched 1.73 but seem to be having problems with the game. The campaign does not start at all. When i click on new campaign, it loads the map but all i see is the hand and the rest of the map is blacked out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Exclamation Re: Trouble with Patch 1.73

I installed this patch, and it screwed up all my graphics. Everything in the game looks like it was made for a SNES. Uninstalled DKII, deleted installation directory, reinstalled DKII, applied OFFICIAL patches, graphics are still crappy, thanks to this patch.

How do I uninstall this patch? I'd very much like an answer ASAP, thank you.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

You must play into the Windows registry. Here's the solution I wrote into another post:

Quote Originally Posted by myself
    To do so, run "Run..." (Windows + R keys), enter regedit in the bar and press enter. Then, go to this address:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER >>> Software >>> Bullfrog Productions Ltd >>> Dungeon Keeper II >>> Configuration >>> Video

Locate "StippleAlpha", double-click on it and change 1 to 0.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...