Poll: Who is this "Mentor"? Are there two of them or many?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The "Mentor"

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: The "Mentor"

I'm not saying it is that way, merely that I liked it that way .
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Imp

A pleasant thought Cookie. ^^
    I apologize if I came off harsh.
    Have a present :
    She seems to be highly valued on this forum. XD

Fly

The mentor is simply an advisor. The right hand of the keeper. Or maybe the left one since the right one is used to slap.

A friend of mine noticed the similarity on this guy's voice. (Helmut Bakaitis)

(skip to 0:50)

The similarity is funny.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

First, could you clarify the difference between "The Mentor", "The Informant" and "High Servant" because I really don't catch at all. Make it SIMPLE please.

For what I can say, the Mentor is an Assistant. Here, I see the Mentor as being our right-hand man, standing next to us, that informs us about what's going on in the dungeon on things that we may not notice. I would consider it, as an Informant. It would be his way to serve us.

For the one that introduces and concludes each realm, he's not really a Mentor. He's the guy that is standing in the high tower, telling the Keeper the name and description of each place. He's not helping in any way. It simply tells what's going on before and after each realm.

As for if it is only for the Player or every Keeper, I must say that each Keeper has his own Mentor, not only the Player. In fact, a Keeper couldn't rule without a Mentor, unless he's aware of absolutely EVERYTHING. Say, you can try it too : disables the mentor speeches, now you'd play as a REAL Keeper.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    First, could you clarify the difference between "The Mentor", "The Informant" and "High Servant" because I really don't catch at all. Make it SIMPLE please.

For what I can say, the Mentor is an Assistant. Here, I see the Mentor as being our right-hand man, standing next to us, that informs us about what's going on in the dungeon on things that we may not notice. I would consider it, as an Informant. It would be his way to serve us.

For the one that introduces and concludes each realm, he's not really a Mentor. He's the guy that is standing in the high tower, telling the Keeper the name and description of each place. He's not helping in any way. It simply tells what's going on before and after each realm.

As for if it is only for the Player or every Keeper, I must say that each Keeper has his own Mentor, not only the Player. In fact, a Keeper couldn't rule without a Mentor, unless he's aware of absolutely EVERYTHING. Say, you can try it too : disables the mentor speeches, now you'd play as a REAL Keeper.
    No no no, you don't get it either.

How is he called the Mentor if you are his master? Or if he is just an informant?

To be honest, the "Informant" part of it could just be part of the gameplay. A Dungeon Keeper should "feel" what goes on inside his/her dungeon. Therefore, you couldn't really be a "real" keeper without them. One can also believe it is the Keeper's conscience.

The one who tells you about each land is probably just your most powerful servant or something.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

The way I think of it is that the Mentor was once the teacher of the Keeper, however the Keeper bound the mentor to itself, forcing him to become its eternal servant/adviser.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Maybe even the mentor is part of the Keeper?
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Black & White 2 you have the Devil and the Angel as your morality informants and so on, the rest do not have these.

But if you play DKII in multiplayer, you all have a mentor.

Hard to say. But I'd say its a gift for all Keepers, possibly the conscience.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

I keep thinking of TF2's Administrator. She sounds angry when the Blu Team wins when playing as RED but sounds pleased on the BLU side.

EX.
    Red Side
    -The bomb is almost at the checkpoint! Stop them!-
    Blu Side
    -The bomb is almost at the checkpoint! Hahahah*!- *Crazy Laughter*

Beetle
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Xfireisdeadlol

I agree with dotted that the poll options make no sence at all. Still, i agree with the majority that the "Mentor" is a part of a keepers might! buwahaha!!!